Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. (7232 Views)

Obasanja Is An Igboman From Anambra Like Peter Obi / You Are Forgiven, Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho / Herders Crisis: Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Mastersure: 7:11am On May 06, 2023
ANIOMA IS IGBO-I AM FROM ANIOMA,I AM IGBO:SUNDAY OGOCHUKWU OLISEH DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME

I cannot pretend not to have read all sorts on this subject. My response to one of such posts on Oliseh, was a response to my friend, Zion Ose. I hope my comment below clarifies the controversy for some of us:

No, no, no. You have mixed up too many things here.

That some Southeast Igbos are condescending to Delta/Western Igbos and some Delta/Western Igbos feel insulted enough by it to no longer identify as Igbos, does not alter the true historical fact of their shared linguistic and cultural heritage.

“A whole Zik of Africa” who hails from Onitsha was called “Yoruba Igbo”, which is what the core Igbo-speaking areas call Anioma/Delta Igbos, but did you ever hear Zik saying he is not Igbo?

I am from Ogwashi-Uku, headquarters of Aniocha South LG,Delta State,I speak a dialect of Igbo language: I AM IGBO.

The same applies to all these other places you have mentioned: Ika, the Agbor area where Abavo is located; the Kwale/Ukwuani people of Ndokwa East and Ndokwa West local governments…

History, not personal sentiment or preference, is a discipline that requires rigorous study and deep reflection, and it is what must guide any discussion of this sort that wishes to be taken seriously by serious-minded people.

I was born in Yorubaland and I speak and read and write the language. I can tell you that Oyo Yoruba is drastically different from Ekiti or Owo or Ijebu Yoruba dialects enough for them not to even understand themselves, but none of the latter has ever disclaimed their shared Yoruba historical, linguistic and cultural heritage.

A while ago,the infamous bungler called Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, who comes from the same Ika LG as Oliseh, wanted everyone to believe that he is Igbo as he flirted with the Southeast Igbos for their votes.

Sunday Oliseh’s case is purely an aberration and he’s entitled to his preference of self-identification, but his preference, whimsical or legitimate, cannot eraze shared communal/historical/and linguistic heritage with the fiat of a personal disclaimer.

He is just a single man out of a community of millions of people that share same bond culturally and historically in a fairly contiguous geographical location.

No one is forcing anyone to belong to any group. Such coercive mantra that you must identify with us by force is not even enforceable.

So, it’s the loony talk by the ignorant.

Even when that is conceded, there is no single individual who can out of personal preference suddenly stand up and wish away or eraze a shared cultural heritage.

It’s not only hubris. It’s stupid!

~ Chiedu Ezeanah[img][/img]

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by donbachi(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2023
Wetin person say him be, na wetin him be.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Xscape1993(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2023
Is Delta state not in South South? We have Yoruba speaking people in Kogi state. Should they be calming Lagos or Osun state because they speak Yoruba language?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by DiscoverID: 7:20am On May 06, 2023
Awon ss/se in the mud. 😂😂

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by illicit(m): 7:24am On May 06, 2023
Yoruba dialects are mutually intelligible

Oyo was used as the standard to form the orthography
Ekiti, Ijebu, Ondo are dialects not languages

They are all mutually intelligible

Yoruba dialects that might be a bit hard to decipher are those that are at the fringes because they have assimilated words and grammar from other languages proximal to them e.g the Ijebu, Akoko, Okun etc. However if you understand Yoruba, just listen well, you will understand

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by DeeBaDan: 7:28am On May 06, 2023
Anioma is not igbo

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by KEVIND: 7:33am On May 06, 2023
The 1966 coup was tag Igbo coup because the person that spearheaded the coup was Chukwuma Nzeogwu from Delta state.
I begin to wonder why was the civil war wage against the Igbos because of a crime committed by someone from Delta State.

If Oil & other natural resources is found in Igbo speaking area in SS, they'll say it belong to Niger Delta but if a crime is committed by a person named Chukwuma Nzeogwu from SS, the narrative will change to "he is an Igbo man"

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:34am On May 06, 2023
Dont mind them.. we will never accept to be igbo.. I dont know why these people juz like claiming victims. We remembered vividly how they denied Goodluck ebele Jonathan.. very greedy people.
Xscape1993:
Is Delta state not in South South?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by fidelmarshal199: 7:35am On May 06, 2023
One thing the elite haven't taken from the masses in this country is freedom of association, i have the right to associate with anybody or tribe i wish to. If Oliseh insisted of not being a descendant of Igbo then He is not

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Jogs1900: 7:35am On May 06, 2023
I am from Ogwashi-Uku, headquarters of Aniocha South LG,Delta State,I speak a dialect of Igbo language: I AM IGBO.[color=#990000][/color]

Oliseh may be right that he's not igbo because according to history, Yorubas known as olukumi occupy Aniocha north local govt in same Delta state and they didn't share the border with any Yoruba state..Oliseh is enlightened enough to know his true origin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by FlyingKing: 7:37am On May 06, 2023
KEVIND:
The 1966 coup was tag Igbo coup because the person that spearheaded the coup was Chukwuma Nzeogwu from Delta state.
I begin to wonder why did the Igbos suffer so much during the civil war & continue to pay for a crime committed by someone from Delta State.

Because they are too gullible and always make noise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Ever8090: 7:42am On May 06, 2023
I have never seen a tribe so engulfed in a struggle to claim other people to themselves even against the people's history.

Igbo should rest I beg....if person says he is not Igbo then let him be what he knows that he is naa, na by force to be Igbo?..

We answer English names now I am sure in future, Britain will claim we are English

228 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by mightyhaze: 7:53am On May 06, 2023
Oliseh got some relevance he so much craved. Somebody finally replied him. I hope he got some kind of fulfilment now..

Next news

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by idpompe: 7:56am On May 06, 2023
Agreed he is not Igbo by tribe,he failed to tell us his tribe.What tribe is he?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by mightyhaze: 7:58am On May 06, 2023
KEVIND:
I begin to wonder why was the civil war wage against the Igbos because of a crime committed by someone from Delta State.

If Oil & other natural resources is found in Igbo speaking area in SS, they'll say it belong to Niger Delta but if a crime is committed by a person named Chukwuma Nzeogwu from SS, the narrative will change to "he is an Igbo man"
Don't mind them.. It's Igbo wen it suits their evil narratives and not Igbo wen it doesn't. It's that convenient.

Some even argue till today that Jonathan a far away bayalsa man is Igbo and therefore has done the turn of the Igbo in Nigerian presidency

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by AwkaFinest: 8:00am On May 06, 2023
KEVIND:

Stop this nonsense lies. The 7 people that carried out the 1966 coup including Nzeogwu were 6 Igbos and 1 Yoruba. Even Nzeogwu in one of his interviews said he is Ibo.

Igbos carried out the coup for an Igbo man to become head of state. If not tell me why will Ironsi become head of state ahead of Wellington Bassey his senior?

Names of 1966 principal coup plotters:
1. Kaduna Nzeogwu. - Igbo
2. Timothy Onwuatuegwu. -Igbo
3. Emmanuel Efeajuna. -Igbo
4. Adewale Adeboyega. -Yoruba
5. Chris Onuforo. -Igbo
6. Humfrey Chukwuka. -Igbo
7. Don Okafor. -Igbo

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Creamypie(m): 8:03am On May 06, 2023
While i say igbos are unique people, and we urhobos and all south souyh tribes love and respect them, This man don lie too sha. He can't speak for Ika/agbor and ukwuani/ ndokwa. They are from Benin

1 Like

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by endy69: 8:04am On May 06, 2023
illicit:
The guy lied

Yoruba dialects are mutually intelligible

Oyo was used as the standard to form the orthography
Ekiti, Ijebu, Ondo are dialects not languages

They are all mutually intelligible

Yoruba dialects that might be a bit hard to decipher are those that are at the fringes because they have assimilated words and grammar from other languages proximal to them e.g the Ijebu, Akoko, Okun etc. But still, if u listen well, you will understand
Same with other languages. Nsukka man speaks people from same Enugu State find it difficult understanding, same with Ebony and I even understand those Aniocha dialect more than I understand Ebony own. It is in every languages that's what people should understand. In Anambra, they all speak slightly different but has all adopted that Onitsha way of speaking but still you know their various dialect. These discussions are what kids should be having not grown ups. Hausa language also has a variation

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:05am On May 06, 2023
Mastersure:
ANIOMA IS IGBO-I AM FROM ANIOMA,I AM IGBO:SUNDAY OGOCHUKWU OLISEH DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME

I cannot pretend not to have read all sorts on this subject. My response to one of such posts on Oliseh, was a response to my friend, Zion Ose. I hope my comment below clarifies the controversy for some of us:

No, no, no. You have mixed up too many things here.

That some Southeast Igbos are condescending to Delta/Western Igbos and some Delta/Western Igbos feel insulted enough by it to no longer identify as Igbos, does not alter the true historical fact of their shared linguistic and cultural heritage.

“A whole Zik of Africa” who hails from Onitsha was called “Yoruba Igbo”, which is what the core Igbo-speaking areas call Anioma/Delta Igbos, but did you ever hear Zik saying he is not Igbo?

I am from Ogwashi-Uku, headquarters of Aniocha South LG,Delta State,I speak a dialect of Igbo language: I AM IGBO.

The same applies to all these other places you have mentioned: Ika, the Agbor area where Abavo is located; the Kwale/Ukwuani people of Ndokwa East and Ndokwa West local governments…

History, not personal sentiment or preference, is a discipline that requires rigorous study and deep reflection, and it is what must guide any discussion of this sort that wishes to be taken seriously by serious-minded people.

I was born in Yorubaland and I speak and read and write the language. I can tell you that Oyo Yoruba is drastically different from Ekiti or Owo or Ijebu Yoruba dialects enough for them not to even understand themselves, but none of the latter has ever disclaimed their shared Yoruba historical, linguistic and cultural heritage.

A while ago,the infamous bungler called Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, who comes from the same Ika LG as Oliseh, wanted everyone to believe that he is Igbo as he flirted with the Southeast Igbos for their votes.

Sunday Oliseh’s case is purely an aberration and he’s entitled to his preference of self-identification, but his preference, whimsical or legitimate, cannot eraze shared communal/historical/and linguistic heritage with the fiat of a personal disclaimer.

He is just a single man out of a community of millions of people that share same bond culturally and historically in a fairly contiguous geographical location.

No one is forcing anyone to belong to any group. Such coercive mantra that you must identify with us by force is not even enforceable.

So, it’s the loony talk by the ignorant.

Even when that is conceded, there is no single individual who can out of personal preference suddenly stand up and wish away or eraze a shared cultural heritage.

It’s not only hubris. It’s stupid!

~ Chiedu Ezeanah[img][/img]

The interview is more than 9 years is those evil minds from West push up the old news to start their division in great Igbo nation, Olisa is just like small minority

This are great minds in Anioma their voice matters not Olisa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73xKKwMSCVs

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by illicit(m): 8:05am On May 06, 2023
endy69:

Same with other languages. Nsukka man speaks people from same Enugu State find it difficult understanding, same with Ebony and I even understand those Aniocha dialect more than I understand Ebony own. It is in every languages that's what people should understand. In Anambra, they all speak slightly different but has all adopted that Onitsha way of speaking but still you know their various dialect. These discussions are what kids should be having not grown ups. Hausa language also has a variation

You are right
All Languages have dialects
English inclusive

I am a Linguist

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:08am On May 06, 2023
These are people their voices matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48QVVtWH94

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by onumadu: 8:09am On May 06, 2023
post=122960828:

The interview is more than 9 years is those evil minds from West push up the old news to start their division in great Igbo nation, Olisa is just like small minority

This are great minds in Anioma their voice matters not Olisa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73xKKwMSCVs

Exactly.
Every Igbo should simply shit on this thread and walk away.
Nonsense. cool

8 Likes

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2023
Listen to history of Anioma people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nquC83KOOa0

7 Likes

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:12am On May 06, 2023
They know where they are from, Nigeria ruling class are just wasting their time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKPdF-yKTU

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by paramakina202: 8:15am On May 06, 2023
Xscape1993:
Is Delta state not in South South?

Stupid question.

3 Likes

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by paramakina202: 8:18am On May 06, 2023
KEVIND:

You guys should stop bringing this Nzeogwu's issue whenever this topic comes up.He was not the only one in that coup. Its getting stale.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by Exc2000: 8:20am On May 06, 2023
Problem tiyin niyen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2023
endy69:

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by paramakina202: 8:21am On May 06, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Dont mind them.. we will never accept to be igbo.. I dont know why these people juz like claiming victims. We remembered vividly how they denied Goodluck ebele Jonathan.. very greedy people.

Why didn't you challenge your governor Ifeanyi Okowa when he boldly identified himself as Igbo in national television?
Your ranting stops here in nairaland.Atiku called Okowa Igbo severally non from Ika have ever challenged him.So guys should shut up.

11 Likes

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by PlayerMeji: 8:22am On May 06, 2023
Heyya... Someone had to reply him
Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by PlayerMeji: 8:28am On May 06, 2023
Oga... You people have come to change the narrative again...

Name the town Nzeogwu came from in Delta state.

Kaduna Nzeogwu was igbo.

KEVIND:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igboman From Delta Replies Sunday Oliseh. by b3llo(m): 8:41am On May 06, 2023
It is not a must to identify with a certain tribe. Let him be

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court To Rule On Atiku’s Live Telecast Motion, Others Monday / Eid-al-adha: Lamentations As Economic Hardship Affects Festival / Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.