Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 (61199 Views)

Southampton Vs Liverpool (1- 2) On 17th May 2022 / Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by esemes256: 5:49pm On May 18, 2023
Imagine Benzema wanted to cry. After winning UCL so many times, the guy is still craving for more. grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Ade1177: 6:03pm On May 18, 2023
Youngpaperboy:
In 2022 Nations League, Bernado was the player of the tournament
Bleep past tense

Ronaldo has been the best for the past 15yrs none stop

The year he stopped playing well
He became a scapegoat for his club and country

Same for bernado

That guy doesn't play like he does at city for portugal

Silva can dribble the whole field in man city Jersey

He's there Messi even better dribbler than mahrez

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by AImiron: 6:26pm On May 18, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

There's nothing like "overthinking"

It's just a phrase pep fans formed to make excuse for him.

If pep does something and it works, he's a genius
If it doesn't work then it's overthinking.

Like this his new formation 3241 he was forced to come up with it back then because he was short of full backs.
It has been working so far but people will eventually find him out
nothing lasts forever, but the pragmatism makes him a genius, some managers are still archiac, e.g Jose.

Pep is a genius, if they figure that out he will invent another.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by ProphetM0hammad: 6:30pm On May 18, 2023
AImiron:
nothing lasts forever, but the pragmatism makes him a genius, some managers are still archiac, e.g Jose.

Pep is a genius, if they figure that out he will invent another.
Pep is the best tactician ever, no doubt
But he's not perfect, so no need to keep making the excuse of overthinking for him
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by AImiron: 6:32pm On May 18, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Pep is the best tactician ever, no doubt
But he's not perfect, so no need to keep making the excuse of overthinking for him
Well I never said he's perfect in my previous post, no one's perfect. I only he's a genius. Yes, he overthinks alot, if you look closer you will know better.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Peacecore: 6:56pm On May 18, 2023
yomi531:
Una don come again with Una talk. Pep made so so player better. Big lies. KDB left Chelsea for Wolfsburg and he finished as the MVP of German league. It was Peligrini that brought him to city. About spendings, google the highest spending managers ever. Pep has spent billions of pounds. 75% of city players are Worth 50 million or more. Pep assembles thr best players in every position. Haaland is the best striker in the world. He is known to be a goal machine. Pep or no pep, Haaland dey bang goals
He's not the highest spending manager. You failed to Google it before asking me to. He has spent 7yrs in EPL and spent 1.2bn which Chelsea spent half of in one season. Now, lemme even leave that and talk about the market values of those players before and after he bought them?? That's where his high class comes into play.
To clear your doubt, below is the screenshot;

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Chuknovski(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
abi 4:0?
On aggregate 5:1 sorry
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2023
Madrid were truly blown away.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2023
engrchykae:
I guess Pep is English.
Do you know that both pep and Mikel are Spanish?
Lampard, Gerard and Rooney are getting sacked while Spanish guys are doing well

Goalposts shifting and La Liga fans. Man City and Arsenal are English Clubs. End of story. Which one is "both pep and Mikel are Spanish"?
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by yomi531(m): 9:02pm On May 18, 2023
Mikeal09:

The fact that everything you wrote up there are assumptions, is a big statement for me.
First, you assumed that Zidane is scared of taking other jobs... Bro, where did you get that from? And there is an oil rich PSG looking for him.
Secondly, you assumed that Pep chose Manchester city because it's an oil rich club, even though Arsenal has a better history than Manchester city?
Then again, you assumed that Mancini would have won the UCL... Why are you not also assuming that Pep can replicate his legacy in a not so rich club?
I don't accept assumptions please.

The above aside. Pep knows how to get players, and also improve them. Pep's still is top notch, he replicates them everywhere he goes.
Also, SAF had a super Manchester United team, don't pretend you don't know. Pep literally had SAF shaking to his bones.
Mourinho moved to La Liga and was completely rubbished by Pep's side. Oga, person wey good done good.
I have stated in my previous post how a select few of Coaches did wonders with less fancied sides. Fergie with Aberdeen. He broke the duopoly in Scotland and won a European trophy with the same team. Beating Bayern and madrid along the way. If u follow Scottish football well, u will know its either Celtic wins or rangers. Fergie won 3 league titles during his time there. Since then, no any other team apart from the usual suspects have won the league. Same in Europe. No Scottish team has won a European trophy since 1983 when baba did it. Mou won CL with Porto. Steve mcleren( fergies assistant during the treble season won League with fc twente. Klopp took Mainz from relegation and they finished in a very high position in bundesliga. He also beat Bayern to their normal league titles for 2 consecutive seasons. Arigo Sachis Milan team dominated Europe for long. The man never went to any coaching sch. Na shoe maker he be. Van Basten, rijkaard , Guilet, Ancelloti wey Una know now were all his boys. Wenger won league with Monaco. Went Unbeaten with Arsenal. Denmark coach won euros with moi moi players. Guy forget. Pep is good no doubts but, he has never been in a position where his primary assignment will be to fight for top 4 or avoid relegation with average/modest teams. I will like to see him in Lyon or AS Roma in Italy . let's see how he go perform. No be to dey Eye PSG and other oil money teams upandan
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Mustiboy(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2023
yomi531:
Una don come again with Una talk. Pep made so so player better. Big lies. KDB left Chelsea for Wolfsburg and he finished as the MVP of German league. It was Peligrini that brought him to city. About spendings, google the highest spending managers ever.

1. Pep has spent billions of pounds.

2. 75% of city players are Worth 50 million or more.

3. Pep assembles thr best players in every position. Haaland is the best striker in the world. He is known to be a goal machine. Pep or no pep, Haaland dey bang goals

1. Lies! Pep has spent just above £900m. Jose Mourinho has spent the highest in EPL with over £1.2b in spending. Even the much lauded Klopp has spent almost £600. But what's the end result? Pep is about to win his 5th EPL, each of which comes with a cash prize of about £170m. That's good business if you ask me. Pep has spent money, but he has the results to show for it, unlike his colleagues. 170×5= 850, that's excluding bonuses and money gotten from other competitions he's won.

2. Another huge lie. Only Ruben, Rodri, Haaland, KDB, and Grealish are over 50m in the current City team. And for the performance they put out, none is a bad buy. Gems like Foden are from the academy. Alvarez and Àkànjí both cost just 20m.

3. Another lie. Pep makes every player that plays in his team the best in their position. Only Haaland was a big-name player before coming to City.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by engrchykae(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

Goalposts shifting and La Liga fans. Man City and Arsenal are English Clubs. End of story. Which one is "both pep and Mikel are Spanish"?
Spain are miles ahead of England in everything
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Merovi: 10:02pm On May 18, 2023
Jokerman:

Yet Una go open mouth dey abuse Ronaldo wey dey do this for over 20 years of his career

Guy we're talking about semi final between city and RM, na where you see Ronaldo now? Some people sef.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by OgaRico(m): 10:02pm On May 18, 2023
Yes.
Is the free daily tips that your play or you subscripted to one of his monthly plans?

VawulentComrade:
IAJ ONLINE on telegram predicted Man City win or over 2.5.
IAJ ONLINE to the world.

Frankly speaking, if you're not in that IAJ channel on telegram then you're not making profits I swear.

IAJ is the real GOAT!

Search Telegram for IAJ ONLINE and join

Yeah he is no doubt, I think even the free game posted today is just few minutes away to a banger.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Jokerman(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2023
Merovi:

Guy we're talking about semi final between city and RM, na where you see Ronaldo now? Some people sef.

Hypocrite. I responded to that quote. People should respect Ronaldo for what he's done for football
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:37pm On May 18, 2023
Mustiboy:

1. Lies! Pep has spent just above £900m. Jose Mourinho has spent the highest in EPL with over £1.2b in spending. Even the much lauded Klopp has spent almost £600. But what's the end result? Pep is about to win his 5th EPL, each of which comes with a cash prize of about £170m. That's good business if you ask me. Pep has spent money, but he has the results to show for it, unlike his colleagues. 170×5= 850, that's excluding bonuses and money gotten from other competitions he's won.

2. Another huge lie. Only Ruben, Rodri, Haaland, KDB, and Grealish are over 50m in the current City team. And for the performance they put out, none is a bad buy. Gems like Foden are from the academy. Alvarez and Àkànjí both cost just 20m.

3. Another lie. Pep makes every player that plays in his team the best in their position. Only Haaland was a big-name player before coming to City.
Don't waste your energy on that guy. Ever since I sent him the google screenshot of the list of managers with the highest spending and amount spent, he hasn't quoted me again. I challenged him to mention the progress that has been made by Chelsea that spent 600m in one season, n he disappeared. I challanged him as well to tell me how those ref make the player's market value to increase than as Pep does. Just buy Haaland, 100m and put him to Chelsea or ManU n watch his market value fall to 40m. Pep's magic is not a fluke but his expertise.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by VawulentComrade: 6:07am On May 19, 2023
OgaRico:
Yes.
Is the free daily tips that your play or you subscripted to one of his monthly plans?

I subscribed to 3 packages,

Corner picks and system 1 & 2
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Nobody: 7:27am On May 19, 2023
https://www.socialearning.org/sign-up?ref=Godson88

Earn online by doing tasks you love doing online such as liking, commenting, following,viewing, sharing, etc to earn.
NO REFERRAL NEEDED BEFORE YOU WITHDRAW
JUST 1,000 TO REGISTER AND MINIMUM WITHDRAWAL IS 1,000
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by yomi531(m): 7:27am On May 19, 2023
Mustiboy:

Remind me how much he Got stones, Laporte, Walker, Mahrez,Bernando and co. All those talk about making players better na scam. He saw they were good and thats why he went for dem. Shey na walker wey dey run the full length of pitch with Spurs naim he teach ball? Or mahrez that was EPL MVP in 2016 Pep teach ball. Abeg spare me DAT joor
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by yomi531(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2023
Peacecore:
He's not the highest spending manager. You failed to Google it before asking me to. He has spent 7yrs in EPL and spent 1.2bn which Chelsea spent half of in one season. Now, lemme even leave that and talk about the market values of those players before and after he bought them?? That's where his high class comes into play.
To clear your doubt, below is the screenshot;
I said he is amongst the highest spending managers in history. I dont do google like u guys. I'm google myself. My guys over here call me football google. For him to have spent that much in 14/15 years of management says a lot. Mourinho who has more years in management surpasses him slightly. It really means Pep na real Pay Cheque Manager. QED. His average spending per season drawfs every other manager
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Peacecore: 9:39am On May 19, 2023
yomi531:
I said he is amongst the highest spending managers in history. I dont do google like u guys. I'm google myself. My guys over here call me football google. For him to have spent that much in 14/15 years of management says a lot. Mourinho who has more years in management surpasses him slightly. It really means Pep na real Pay Cheque Manager. QED. His average spending per season drawfs every other manager
Mr. Google show me where you .mention "among" angry I don't like Linus at all. First of all, you said that he has spent billions of pounds; I guess you don't know the meaning of plural in English cheesy grin. Pep spends an average of 17.5million pounds per season. Now compare it with what other clubs spent in just this season. Also ask yourself how much he makes every season for the club. You don't know football instead, you resort to spreading lies everywhere. Do you think that you r d only one that follows football. Stop.disgracing yourself publicly.
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by unohbethel(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2023
Peacecore:
Mr. Google show me where you .mention "among" angry I don't like Linus at all. First of all, you said that he has spent billions of pounds; I guess you don't know the meaning of plural in English cheesy grin. Pep spends an average of 17.5million pounds per season. Now compare it with what other clubs spent in just this season. Also ask yourself how much he makes every season for the club. You don't know football instead, you resort to spreading lies everywhere. Do you think that you r d only one that follows football. Stop.disgracing yourself publicly.
am following the arguments but the yomi guy dey gba.. it's like saying that since he made first class in his first job, then he should go to a low grade school to test himself

Na so most cr7 fans dey think..
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by yomi531(m): 10:32am On May 19, 2023
Peacecore:
If na football matter, leave it for us senior men. It is not ur calling. U can face music . If u know math very well, do the calculations urself. Someone who only came into management in 2008 has spent over 1.5 billion on signings as of 2021 oo. I'm not even talking of last season and now oo. U come dey yarn dust. If no be google wey dey help u and distance , I for say make we challenge ourselves for football history let's see who go run first grin
I can actually name 30-50 players that u never watched live. No be to dey google upandan. And yes, I said he has spent billions on signings. Confirm and get back to me....
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by pargelenis(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
blowjohn:
Bayern with their last 2 coaches will eat city.This their current coach mess up
Even if all three coaches were there together on the field your Real Madrid would have still been hammered with fire grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by pargelenis(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2023
davidtemi:
Straight win Madrid
Na straight flogging your Madrid come carry grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by pargelenis(m): 12:52pm On May 19, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
Hala Madrid please don't disappoint us today, I would love to drink some certain nairalanders tears this night e.g Almoron
after the 4th goal was hammered in, na your own tears you come drink grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by pargelenis(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2023
Stanislause94:
On behalf of arsenal fans on NL, we give our support to Real Madrid. Hala Madrid!
18 years of frustration no be beans … please don’t embarrass the EPL in UCL next season. grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2023
engrchykae:
Spain are miles ahead of England in everything

The Premier League is light years ahead of La Liga.

Out of the top five leagues in Europe, I rate La Liga ahead of only French League 1. Serie A is far ahead of La Liga; even Bundesliga is more exciting to watch.

Two clubs, with due respect to their exploits in the CL, do not make a great league. Remove these two clubs from La Liga and just imagine what's left! Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two clubs carrying La Liga.

In any case, the pedestal on which you people place La Liga over The Premier League isn't backed by empirical evidence. Only three different clubs in La Liga have graced the CL finals in the last 20 years. In the same period, the Premiership that your likes are quick to denigrate has produced six different CL finalists (four different finalists in the last 5 years!)

You still don't think the Premier League deserves more respect?

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by pargelenis(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2023
Dougad:
I just put on my celebratory three-piece suit in anticipation of Man City downfall this night. 15 is the number!!!
Hopefully you had your handkerchief handy to soak those angry tears of embarrassment grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Stanislause94: 1:33pm On May 19, 2023
pargelenis:
18 years of frustration no be beans … please don’t embarrass the EPL in UCL next season. grin
coming from a man it’d fan who won’t smell too 4 at the end of the season grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:39pm On May 19, 2023
Peacecore:
Overfed with rubber cup I guess grin grin grin
Overfed with 14 titles
The team with the rubber cup wanted to die on the field
Re: Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 0) On 17th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:41pm On May 19, 2023
Shattuck:
true I wonder because our midfield was overwhelmed even camavinga couldn't keep pace with Silva as that was not his natural position.
Yeah. Ancelloti is sometimes sentimental. If Casemiro was still in that team, he would have played with four midfielders definitely. But he ended up decongesting the midfield to put Rodrygo in front.
A four man midfield would have slowed City down definitely

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.