Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? (5847 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Omooba77: 8:10am On May 07, 2023
I discovered any Sunday we have welfare Sundays, especially food, medical, the attendances always soar, but not so or normal Sunday.
Happy Sunday........

2 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by ChatterHouse: 8:48am On May 07, 2023
They economy is not helpful at all, with debilitating economy an unemployment what do you expect?

It's bound to happen an now that a guinea druggie is coming

Don't expect miracle

Drug would be available to youth at least

Sniff an forgot your sorrow

When your church would announce any welfare Sunday expect all the unemployed agbadorians defending Illegality there begging for a peanut

Spit on them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Hidentity(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2023
Things are hard. People are out to make a living by all means. When my church introduced the welfare thing too, the number grew.

3 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by saintbillion(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2023
Things are hard bro. But wait for the massive turn up when Tinubu becomes the president, cause things will be more harder

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Akaegwu(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2023
Non church members will appear on such days

2 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by flexyrule(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2023
Surely.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Flick490(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2023
Which church gives welfare? Dey play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by jericco1(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2023
Well some people need it more than others
There should be more outreach to help the needy.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Oblongata: 8:51am On May 07, 2023
Una wan cast for people bah?

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by WorldRichest: 8:51am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
I discovered any Sunday we have welfare Sundays, especially food, medical, the attendances always soar, but not so or normal Sunday.
Happy Sunday........

Yes. When you refused to help your neighbors, but prefer to give your resources to your already wealthy Pastor’s, so whenever the Pastors want to give a small percentage of their wealth to camouflage, your poor neighbors will come to your church

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Houseontherock1: 8:53am On May 07, 2023
If there are more nonmembers in church on such Sundays, then the aim of soul winning has been achieved. But if you have only irregular members attending, the outreach has not achieved what it's set out for. Hence, it's expected that more people will attend church on such Sundays

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by emoboy4u: 8:56am On May 07, 2023
saintbillion:
Things are hard bro. But wait for the massive turn up when Tinubu becomes the president, cause things will be more harder
Speak for yourself if things will be harder for you and don't generalize please

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 07, 2023
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Jones4190(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2023
I have stop going to church for so many reasons

7 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DrAda(f): 8:59am On May 07, 2023
And what is wrong with that?

For some, it's welfare, for others it is something else. We all have our peculiar needs.

And if you think about it, this ritual of attending churches has persisted over centuries because it is a mandated prerequisite to save our souls from eternal damnation.

Remove this fundamental caveat and watch it crumble to its knees.

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Lanretoye(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2023
ChatterHouse:
They economy is not helpful at all, with debilitating economy an unemployment what do you expect?

It's bound to happen an now that a guinea druggie is coming

Don't expect miracle

Drug would be available to youth at least

Sniff an forgot your sorrow

When your church would announce any welfare Sunday expect all the unemployed agbadorians defending Illegality there begging for a peanut

Spit on them
seun the hopeless mod that banned me for using the word 'mumu' will not see anything bad in the bolded above,abi what do you people refer to as ethnic slur again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by ecolime(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2023
Nothing bad in it.

If God blesses the church well, they should nurture their members both spiritually and physically.

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DMerciful(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2023
Yes! The pastors are coming for welfare only in form of tithes and offerings.

I come in peace!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Dshocker(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2023
Flick490:
Which church gives welfare? Dey play.

E be like say na canopy church you dey go.

Come for island, make you see some churches dey pay choir members 50k-200k for being a member every month.

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by superCleanworks(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2023
More than that

I have seen people that faked medical reports and all that to get church assistance and care packages.
some go to church for their BUSINESS NETWORKING
some goto check what is the latest fashion.
some go to feel relevant.

every aboki with his own kettle

4 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by RepoMan007: 9:11am On May 07, 2023
Yes now, though not all, some are known flying witches in the social circle of such characters but are still choristers in church. They need the welfare until they hammer and hit bit. The church is also a scouting ground for whom can be attacked spiritually. Dogs don't eat dogs so need who to eat.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by silibaba: 9:13am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........
That's how it supposed to be not the other way round. Feed my sheep. Jesus fed 5000men many times.

Pastors should stop using the money meant for the poor to enrich themselves buying Jets.

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by ufotty2001: 9:15am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........
op!! Nigeria economy is hard. Only few survive! Just look around you and tell me how many people can eat 3 square meals. People are poor and don't blame anybody for that
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by ipobarecriminals: 9:15am On May 07, 2023
sad how many church dey give welfare to the needy? Dem go pray for you /tell you to have FAITH
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by almarthins(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........

Most People don't care about God or even fear him. It is one of the signs of the last days, that men will love themselves more than God. I have witnessed the same thing my church too, anytime they want to share earthly things: all our seats will be occupied. We wey be real members go come take standing.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by OboOlora(f): 9:17am On May 07, 2023
Absolutely!!!
Especially the recent Nigerian migrants in the UK, you will see them storming naija churches for free food bank, clothes bank and opportunity to meet people that own care homes that can give them sponsorship 😂

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by mmsen: 9:22am On May 07, 2023
It's not some, many if not most go to pester others for money.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 9:26am On May 07, 2023
saintbillion:

Harder for you, but easier for us, IJMN.

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DeeBaDan: 9:27am On May 07, 2023
WorldRichest:

Yes. When you refused to help your neighbors, but prefer to give your resources to your already wealthy Pastor’s, so whenever the Pastors want to give a small percentage of their wealth to camouflage, your poor neighbors will come to your church

Youre brilliant. I always mention this
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by saintbillion(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2023
emoboy4u:
Speak for yourself if things will be harder for you and don't generalize please
I'm here waiting for u guys in no due time. By the time u start buying a cup of rice for 300 naira ur eye go clear
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by saintbillion(m): 9:30am On May 07, 2023
Okealaaye:

Harder for you, but easier for us, IJMN.
Ok man of God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zion Train: “top Nigerian Pastors Seen In Hell, & Others That Might Miss The Rap / Don't Replace The Word "A.L.L.A.H" With God, They Are Not The Same / Joseph "Had Relations" With Mary, My Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.