Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? (5896 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Elishama10(m): 9:34am On May 07, 2023
The church is not just a place of spiritual enlightenment; is also a place of solace. It's not out of place for people to come to the house of their Father - God, to obtain bread (food).. Something must bring a person to the Sanctuary!

The good thing is that, even before the sharing and communication of physical welfare, there's first of all; the sharing of SPIRITUAL BREAD - THE WORD OF GOD! They will also benefit from that...

Ultimately, both the spirit and the body is ministered to..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by emoboy4u: 9:35am On May 07, 2023
saintbillion:

I'm here waiting for u guys in no due time. By the time u start buying a cup of rice for 300 naira ur eye go clear
Chief, refer the hardship to just yourself.

What if a cup of rice becomes #20? You go wait taya
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by saintbillion(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2023
emoboy4u:
Chief, refer the hardship to just yourself.

What if a cup of rice becomes #20? You go wait taya
Well sha. Let's pray for that.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by emoboy4u: 9:44am On May 07, 2023
saintbillion:

Well sha. Let's pray for that.
That's what you should say. We should pray God assist the Leaders to succeed.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Sermwell(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2023
Flick490:
Which church gives welfare? Dey play.
They do. Give them some credit on this cool

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Sermwell(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2023
Ireallyneedhelp:
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering
I wanted to help you but I can see that you're just here to rant!

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Flick490(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2023
Sermwell:

They do. Give them some credit on this cool

I'm not aware of this. Maybe its because of my environment. They don't do it here. Pls if you can, I will appeal for ur assistance to enable me feed. My survival is at stake. Thanks
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Sermwell(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2023
Flick490:

I'm not aware of this. Maybe its because of my environment. They don't do it here. Pls if you can, I will appeal for ur assistance to enable me feed. My survival is at stake. Thanks
I don't know where you reside, but alot of churches give welfare especially to poor members. Even back then in school, some fellowship pay 100 level school fees to verified students who cannot afford it. I was a beneficiary at winners chapel back then in school
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by yusman14(m): 10:04am On May 07, 2023
To be honest, I do go to some churches because of welfare when I'm totally broke. I can play the guitar and I play for churches that doesn't have a guitarist for free..maybe God can send a helper to me from there..
This life too hard!
I have tech and musical skills, yet still broke. I'm tired of begging!

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 07, 2023
Sermwell:

I wanted to help you but I can see that you're just here to rant!

Sincerely I'm not ranting, this is how pained I am. Life ain't fair to the upright individuals. Whether you help me or not is fine
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Flick490(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2023
Sermwell:

I don't know where you reside, but alot of churches give welfare especially to poor members. Even back then in school, some fellowship pay 100 level school fees to verified students who cannot afford it. I was a beneficiary at winners chapel back then in school

Pls help me if u can. Thanks
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Komu1048(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
I discovered any Sunday we have welfare Sundays, especially food, medical, the attendances always soar, but not so or normal Sunday.
Happy Sunday........

Winners church have little to No welfare packages. And they r one of the leading populous church in Nigeria. Next
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Komu1048(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
I discovered any Sunday we have welfare Sundays, especially food, medical, the attendances always soar, but not so or normal Sunday.
Happy Sunday........

Winners church have little to No welfare packages. And they r one of the leading populous church in Nigeria. Though I’m sure they will be more if they try giving welfare to members
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by phemmyfour: 10:59am On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........
There is poverty in the land. The govt isn't doing enough, kudos to the church
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by virginchaser(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2023
I attended a church in Ikoyi and was shocked to see disparity among congregants. Some came specifically for the welfare and weren't ready for the real purpose.
Just like NCCF village crusade, i expected them to councel them before giving them the welfare package.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:28am On May 07, 2023
THECHURCH IS The PLACRE OF SHELTER ABOVE ANY GOVT house,so sad fake preaches now made it a trading center for their fellow scam preachers,gullible congrgation and conspirator workes.To confirm it Our Lord Jesus wiped materialist people out during his days. THE CHURCH IS A SACRED PLACE OF SOLITUDE,MEDITATION AND insiRATION. angry
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Franklerry: 12:02pm On May 07, 2023
Yes, I need a laptop so I have to write to a G.O of a church and he gave me brown new laptop, I went to computer village to confirm the price...it is 400k. He usually give a lot of people so I decided to writte too.Where do I get that

1 Like

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by WorldRichest: 12:22pm On May 07, 2023
Komu1048:

Winners church have little to No welfare packages. And they r one of the leading populous church in Nigeria. Though I’m sure they will be more if they try giving welfare to members

I am a Muslim, but I have many friends who attend Winners Church.

The Church has many welfare packages, but those who are in charity always use it to loot the church.

Winners Church formerly had a Micro Finance Bank which was established to give soft loans to the members. Several members collected loans snd refused to pay back, several stopped going to church immediately they got loan. To crown it all, members of the Church, I mean so called Pastors of the church who were employed to run the Micro Finance bank embezzled all the money and the bank died a natural death. Some of the management of the bank who were arrested and later released were found to have bought many houses in Ogun and Lagos state within one year. The MD even stopped going to office with a car, he was flying private chopper frim Lekki to Ota the bank office after relocating from the Church and bank sorrounding. This is not rumor. All these were said at the Court.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by diogo23: 12:23pm On May 07, 2023
Hidentity:
Things are hard. People are out to make a living by all means. When my church introduced the welfare thing too, the number grew.
When people like you give this kind of excuses I wonder if you have sense at all
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by ayandee: 12:28pm On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........
Welfare is one of the reasons for which the church was created. Deacons were even appointed in the early church for that purpose. The Bible says they had things in common and no one lacked. Church must do welfare. I attended a church in South Africa where they had a kitchen pantry full of items- milk, eggs, fruits, snacks, rice and veggies. Members in need will go in there and pick whatever they wanted. The pantry was usually filled up on Saturday ahead of Sunday service.
There's so much hardship in Nigeria and no social safety net, so it's OK if people come to church for welfare. I urge Christians to join the welfare team in their churches and donate whatever they can afford to improve church's welfare funds.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Hidentity(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2023
diogo23:

When people like you give this kind of excuses I wonder if you have sense at all
You're a nuisance. I stated facts, not excuse. You should construe it as an excuse if you can establish that I'm a partaker and I'm trying to justify it.

You ill-bred animals come online to attempt bullying people you can't even look in the eye in person. Ran through your comments here and most are either insulting people or calling them names. You definitely had a troubled childhood or absent parents. Those who go to church for food are better off, because what they need is just food, you need more - a life and the decency to live it. For now, what you're living is an illusion.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday........

One of the reasons the crowd followed Jesus everywhere was because they knew they won't go back hungry, both physically and spiritually. It wasn't everytime he fed them bread and fishes though, but they still followed him anyway. Because His words were truth, and He performed miracles to prove that He is indeed God sent.
If there is actually true God's word and signs in your church, attendance will be regular.
The only other attractions to people is deceitful pastors with fake words and fake miracles.
Either way, people's confidence in churches is dwindling and they need to really prove that they're indeed the church of Christ and not church of men.
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by emynike2001(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2023
Am sorry to say..

Most churches are out for business, its no more salvation of the soul.

Its now how much you can put into the ministry, and if you are not their type they just leave you behind as if you stepped on poo.

So many of this so called men of God fly around The rich members to milk them while the already impoverished parishioners are seen as nobody.

This I have seen, in most of our Orthodox churches around even Pentecostal are not left behind.

God save our souls
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Kaycee9242(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2023
saintbillion:
Things are hard bro. But wait for the massive turn up when Tinubu becomes the president, cause things will be more harder

Hahahahahaha una no go kill person for this nairaland
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DeeBaDan: 3:34pm On May 07, 2023
Ireallyneedhelp:
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering

Where you cast your aspersions on the image of God is where you got it wrong. Learn to caution your mouth from saying vain things
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DeeBaDan: 3:36pm On May 07, 2023
silibaba:
That's how it supposed to be not the other way round. Feed my sheep. Jesus fed 5000men many times.

Pastors should stop using the money meant for the poor to enrich themselves buying Jets.

Abi O
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 07, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Where you cast your aspersions on the image of God is where you got it wrong. Learn to caution your mouth from saying vain things

How will that put food on my table
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by DeeBaDan: 4:02pm On May 07, 2023
Ireallyneedhelp:

How will that put food on my table

I feel sorry for you
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2023
Omooba77:

I discovered any Sunday we have welfare Sundays, especially food, medical, the attendances always soar, but not so or normal Sunday. Happy Sunday........

Apart from that most people only goes to places of worship to make demands from the deities just like pagans also does that's why they're ever ready for prayers no matter who is offering to pray for them so far it will have to do with their welfare.

True Christians congregate for a purpose: to do God's will no matter the condition they find themselves, that's the food of Jesus the founder of Christianity {John 4:34} not just coming to make demands claiming they're worshiping (doing the will of) God! Mark 7:6-7
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 07, 2023
DeeBaDan:

I feel sorry for you

Sorry for yourself did I beg you for any assistance. I'm just pouring out my anger. Leave me alone
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Omooba77: 5:02pm On May 07, 2023
ayandee:

Welfare is one of the reasons for which the church was created. Deacons were even appointed in the early church for that purpose. The Bible says they had things in common and no one lacked. Church must do welfare. I attended a church in South Africa where they had a kitchen pantry full of items- milk, eggs, fruits, snacks, rice and veggies. Members in need will go in there and pick whatever they wanted. The pantry was usually filled up on Saturday ahead of Sunday service.
There's so much hardship in Nigeria and no social safety net, so it's OK if people come to church for welfare. I urge Christians to join the welfare team in their churches and donate whatever they can afford to improve church's welfare funds.

God bless you.....
Re: Are People Only Coming To Church For Welfare Mostly? by Komu1048(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2023
WorldRichest:

I am a Muslim, but I have many friends who attend Winners Church.

The Church has many welfare packages, but those who are in charity always use it to loot the church.

Winners Church formerly had a Micro Finance Bank which was established to give soft loans to the members. Several members collected loans snd refused to pay back, several stopped going to church immediately they got loan. To crown it all, members of the Church, I mean so called Pastors of the church who were employed to run the Micro Finance bank embezzled all the money and the bank died a natural death. Some of the management of the bank who were arrested and later released were found to have bought many houses in Ogun and Lagos state within one year. The MD even stopped going to office with a car, he was flying private chopper frim Lekki to Ota the bank office after relocating from the Church and bank sorrounding. This is not rumor. All these were said at the Court.

This reason is y I can’t depend on your statement. But even at that, measures should be taken to reduce corruption not total abolishing of help. Even the small transportation aid they give to members have been abolish let alone help poor members. If company can be rendering help to the society after paying taxes, I don't know y religious institutions should look away

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jews Do Not Tithe Today / Pastor Convert/changes MFM Churuch To His Own / Happy Easter Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.