Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,687 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries (36915 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu Joins APGA / 2023: Ibikunle Amosun Joins List Of Presidential Aspirants, Declares Interest / Maduka Joins List Of Legends Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Obi As Pride Of Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Antimandatethie(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2023
Locked in foreign countries: Ekweremadu joins infamous list of Hushpuppi, Buruji, Invictus

Ekweremadu was on Friday sentenced to about 10 years imprisonment, alongside his wife, Beatrice on the charge of conspiracy to traffic organs.

A former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has joined the list of notable Nigerians that have either been locked up in foreign jails in the past or are still serving jail terms.

The Nigerian longest-serving deputy senate president is now in the company of notable Nigerians that have tested or still testing prisons on foreign soil.

He is in the company of fraudsters, politicians, and even acclaimed “freedom fighters”.

Obinwanne Okeke

Okeke was on the cover of the prestigious Forbes Magazine, where he was listed as one of the 30 under 30. A special editorial that highlights people under 30 that have accomplished significant feats.

Months later, he was nabbed for $11 million fraud and was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment by a District Court of Eastern District of Virginia, USA. Okeke, popularly known as Invictus Obi, is still serving his prison term.

Hushpuppy

Rahman Abbas, a popular Instagram celebrity, known as Hushpuppy is serving a sentence of 11 years in the US.

Hushpuppy, now convicted as a notorious fraudster, was sentenced by United States District Judge Otis Wright II, who also ordered him to pay $1,732,841 in restitution to two fraud victims.

James Ibori

The former Governor of Delta State, has a record of being convicted twice by the UK government.

He was reportedly convicted in 1991 for stealing from a store where he was working.

Ibori, who served as governor of Delta State from 1999 to 2007, was arrested in Dubai in 2010 and extradited to the UK.

He was convicted in the UK and was later released in 2016, from where he subsequently returned to Nigeria with a heroic welcome.

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha

The former Bayelsa State governor was arrested by the Metropolitan police in September 2005.

Alamieyeseigha, who was governor of the oil-rich state from 1999 until his impeachment in 2005, was being arraigned by the UK government but he subsequently jumped bail.

UK authorities seized $1.5million cash stashed in his London home.

They also seized $2.7 million in a bank account at the Royal Bank of Scotland and $15 million in London real estate.

He was subsequently jailed in Nigeria but was later granted a presidential pardon by ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr Alamieyeseigha died in 2015.

Sunday Adeyemo

The self-acclaimed leader of the Yoruba Nation also served a considerable amount of time in prison in the Benin Republic.

Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, fled Nigeria following a raid of his House by the Nigerian secret police, the DSS.

He was reportedly arrested by the Republican police while trying to move to Germany. He was arrested at Cardinal Bernardin International Airport in Cotonou in 2021.

He was released in 2022 on the condition that he must not leave Cotonou and must not hold any rallies.

Kashamu Buruji

Kashamu, who served as a senator in the 8th Assembly, was reportedly arrested in the UK in 1998 after trying to enter the country with $230,000 in cash.

In 2003, a British court refused a US request to extradite Kashamu, citing uncertainty about his identity. He was then freed from prison where he had been for five years after being found carrying $230,000 when he was arrested.

The late senator spent years fighting against an attempt to extradite him to the US.

Henry Okah

Henry, the younger brother of the leader of MEND, Charles Okah, has been in prison in South Africa since 2013.

He was handed a 24-year prison term in connection with the 2010 Independence Day bombing.

The South African court convicted Okah on 13 charges of terrorism.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/07/locked-in-foreign-countries-ekweremadu-joins-infamous-list-of-hushpuppi-buruji-invictus/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Felabrity: 9:04am On May 07, 2023
The UK and US should help us in arresting these criminals and sentencing them to death, even though we are a sovereignty country

Our judiciary is fûcked, none of these guys will spend 1 year in jail if they were arrested in Nigeria

Orji Kalu stole billions and was released after 6 months
The other criminal that stole 90 billion was arrested and released after 2 weeks

Akpabio and Yari vying to become the Senate president are both on EFCC wanted list

We are being ruled by criminals

196 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Emperormartin(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2023
When Nigeria politicians are nabbed outside the country, the people rejoice.

But when they are nabbed in the country, it doesn't make any meaning. The judicial system will set them Free.

69 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Tntsi: 9:59am On May 07, 2023
The coming new OBIDIENT Nigeria whose recovery mandate kicks off tomorrow, will change the status quo in Nigeria.
Just be calm, the new OBIDIENT Nigeria is on board.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Nobody: 10:44am On May 07, 2023
Felabrity:
The UK and US should help us in arresting these criminals and sentencing them to death, even though we are a sovereignty country

Our judiciary is fûcked, none of these guys will spend 1 year in jail if they were arrested in Nigeria

Orji Kalu stole billions and was released after 6 months
The other criminal that stole 90 billion was arrested and released after 2 weeks

Akpabio and Yari vying to become the Senate president are both on EFCC wanted list

We are being ruled by criminals
Instead on focusing on the real problems we always prefer to focus on religion and tribe, then waiting for one god or oyinbo to fight for us.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Johnn74: 8:43pm On May 07, 2023
undecided
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Pwettylinda(f): 8:43pm On May 07, 2023
Thiefnubuu is next

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Jestin: 8:43pm On May 07, 2023
Nor go rush go pay school fees ooo. Tinubu fit declare free education for Nigeria 😂

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Anijay1212(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2023
angry
It's a great pity.
I feel for that family.
God will comfort them.
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by datola: 8:44pm On May 07, 2023
Thank you UK, abd US for being our brothers keepers.

8 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Lorddominic(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2023
Yea, he can as well rot in there. We concerned citizens from the south east don't give any iota of fvcks...e remain Orji Uzor Kalu, his own breakfast is still cooking. His own will be served in due time. To hell with all the evil politicians from South East.

Btw, a convicted hardened criminal must not be sworn in as my president come May 29. I repeat, we must not fold our arms and watch while a globally acclaimed hoodlum is being sworn in as our president. Justice must prevail

NB: On a lighter note, Mods I take God beg you...no delete my post! Allow me to voice out my concern of national interest. I've earned it. It's my civic right. Thank you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by reiddecuti: 8:45pm On May 07, 2023
Good for him.
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Exc2000: 8:45pm On May 07, 2023
cool

Peter Obi was smart to Jappa at UK airport

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by SpatialKing(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu is next

He said he would prefer to follow Yaradua's footsteps

1 Like

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by ogaontop(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2023
Many others should join this list soon!

2 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by paymentvoucher: 8:46pm On May 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by tyinfinity: 8:46pm On May 07, 2023
Agulu OSU lineage drug baron that escaped few days ago from British immigration will soon be arrested

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Anijay1212(m): 8:47pm On May 07, 2023
angry
E choke.
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 07, 2023
I don't want to say it serves him right but this is sad.. His acts really got me prickled.. Someone to donate a kidney to your own child, your own daughter, you don't even know, "that guy" e no pure, e no make sense at all oo.. i pray he's granted amnesty quickly because of the sick daughter that really needs help now ooo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by KOMBE: 8:48pm On May 07, 2023
Okay
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Emeritus001(m): 8:48pm On May 07, 2023
You cannot run faster than your shadow.

1 Like

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by ogify1(m): 8:49pm On May 07, 2023
Tntsi:
The coming new OBIDIENT Nigeria whose recovery mandate kicks off tomorrow, will change the status quo in Nigeria.
Just be calm, the new OBIDIENT Nigeria is on board.
just dey play

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by iCauseTrouble: 8:49pm On May 07, 2023
angry
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by illicit(m): 8:50pm On May 07, 2023
Charles okah still dey prison so

I never heard of mend in a while

Good riddance to bad rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by IamdbuII: 8:51pm On May 07, 2023
Dbull on this one!!!

Just like my music career made me infamous on Nairaland. 😭😭😭

I Sha don enter fashion business, please check out my fashion line @maldives_island_collections on IG, I no wan fail here again ooo

6 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Sleekfingers: 8:51pm On May 07, 2023
Anytime, I read about Ekweremadu news. I am always happy. May Jah continue to disgrace them one by one.....maybe , their children bring sorrow and pain to them .

3 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Trustyourself: 8:53pm On May 07, 2023
Ike Ekweremadu has been politically retired by one small boy

3 Likes

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by lapo(m): 8:55pm On May 07, 2023
Infamous list of Nigerians, not list of infamous Nigerians.

Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu is next

Ibi ti e foju si, ona o gbabe( Road don close for una target route). Sorry. Stop wishing people bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by sofeo(m): 8:55pm On May 07, 2023
Alright sha
Re: Ike Ekweremadu joins List Of infamous Nigerians Locked In Foreign Countries by Steinmann: 8:55pm On May 07, 2023
CHOP ALONE
DIE ALONE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / Yahuza Tijjani Remanded In Prison For Criticising Kabiru Isma’il On Facebook / Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.