Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Different South African Tribes - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Different South African Tribes (66931 Views)

South African Celebrities Who Are Traditional Healers/native Doctors / Meet The African Tribes That Offers Wife To Guests / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different South African Tribes by kay29000(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not gonna lie, I don't know anything about the Hottentus, I'm hearing about it for the first time.

As for the Bantu people, what I know is that all black South Africans apart from the Khoisan are Bantu people.

It's not a tribe, but an ethnic group of people mainly from southern and East Africa... I'm also a Bantu person.. Our languages can be similar here and there.

For example, in Swahili when they say no problem, they say "hakuna matata" but in my language which is Sepedi we'd say " a gona mathata"

We don't have Swahili in SA or in our neighbouring countries, but because we're Bantus, our cultures and languages can be similar.

I thought the Khoikhoi were the Khoisan, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So "hakuna matata" is really part of a language shocked I thought it was made up for the Timon and Pumba character in Lion king.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 09, 2023
Why do you want to spoil this thread though, please, not today.
Hatrick01:
no i mean when i am done teaching u apes, afrikaan which u guys use to communicate with ur afrikaan masters
Re: Different South African Tribes by silverkings: 2:58pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
3. Tswana

Botswana

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 09, 2023
Nope, it's Swahili.
kay29000:

So "hakuna matata" is really part of a language shocked I thought it was made up for the Timon and Pumba character in Lion king.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
You've fulfilled your promise.

Following!
ur oga has not!

mek he return wetin he steal!
grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
They still live in the bushes like the ancient times... They shy away from modernization.

It's not easy getting latest pictures of them.

They don't have cameras.
WORLDPEACE:

How come we keep seeing only these pics of the Khoisan people on every article and video on the internet.

Please, you gotta show other pics of them. It's not like they don't have cameras where they live.

You can't do the oldest people in the world like that.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
You can put it that way... smiley smiley smiley
WannaHowzit:

😂😂😂

We're cousins mos.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
Yep.
PreyingMantis:
The God's Must Be Crazy people, I assume
Re: Different South African Tribes by WORLDPEACE(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
They still live in the bushes like the ancient times... They shy away from modernization.

It's not easy getting latest pictures of them.

They don't have cameras.

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/khoisan
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 09, 2023
Okay, we learn something new everyday.
Creeper:

No, not Congo. Bantus migrated from Eastern Nigeria and Western Cameroon.

I don’t know what they identify as but their languages fall under Bantoid.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Blackdisciple(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
Great and amazing ❤️

Now I know were kung lao of MK is coming from Sotho grin grin

It's still ont complete, were are those ones that their girl needs to leave their fresh bobi open, I'm just asking sha cry cry
Re: Different South African Tribes by PreyingMantis(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
In every tribe, there are dark and light skinned blacks.

Yep, the languages are similar.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka belongs to which tribe? She was an extremely beautiful damsel in her youth...
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 09, 2023
silverkings:

Botswana
Re: Different South African Tribes by cejaypriesty(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
It seems like most of y'all usually assume that all black South Africans are Zulus, when that is not true. We have 10 different tribes here and each tribe is different from the other. I don't know how many times I was called a Zulu here.. grin grin grin

So I thought I should list the tribes for you guys.

2. Tsonga.
Zulu tribe are carnibals so I heard

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 09, 2023
I didn't know..🤣🤣🤣
cejaypriesty:

Zulu tribe are carnibals so I heard
Re: Different South African Tribes by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:11pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Which song do you think it's in Xhosa? grin grin grin
Not the music now, more like where the artist is from. Nasty for example is partly xhosa
Re: Different South African Tribes by 1Sharon(f): 3:12pm On May 09, 2023
kay29000:

I think about that too. I was amazed as a student on excursions like 20 years ago when a University professor in Togo was struggling to communicate with us in English, he now asked if we understood Yoruba, and there is a resounding Yes...the man immediately switched to speaking Yoruba...fluent Yoruba. I was shocked.

I later learnt that the old Yoruba kingdom extended to parts of Benin Republic and Togo. It made me think the colonial masters did this on purpose...put together tribes/people that have nothing in common and you diminish their potential for greatness.

And what is stopping them from dismantling those borders and going back to live how they were? undecided
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 09, 2023
Her mother is Swati and her father is Pedi from the Sepedi tribe, which makes her a Pedi.
PreyingMantis:
Yvonne Chaka Chaka belongs to which tribe? She was an extremely beautiful damsel in her youth...
Re: Different South African Tribes by aysnoopy(m): 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't know.

I'll like to know the reason why Lesotho is mapped out in the middle of SA and became a country
Re: Different South African Tribes by 1Sharon(f): 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Which song do you think it's in Xhosa? grin grin grin

Nkao tempela😌
Re: Different South African Tribes by darkwan: 3:18pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
It seems like most of y'all usually assume that all black South Africans are Zulus, when that is not true. We have 10 different tribes here and each tribe is different from the other. I don't know how many times I was called a Zulu here.. grin grin grin

2. Tsonga.

hahahaha....10 different tribes she says....
in nigeria thats a family gatherin not tribes....

kiki....
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 09, 2023
We have a Sotho person in here, maybe he can give a better explanation... WannaHowzit, you're needed in here.
aysnoopy:

I'll like to know the reason why Lesotho is mapped out in the middle of SA and became a country
Re: Different South African Tribes by tonicyril: 3:19pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Naughty guy.. grin grin cheesy
Not my fault, milk factories are life grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 09, 2023
I'll do a thread stating some popular SA artists and their tribes.
YoungBlackRico:
Not the music now, more like where the artist is from. Nasty for example is partly xhosa
Re: Different South African Tribes by Juju70(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2023
Oyibo man say we nor dey wear cloth say na dem bring civilization. Make dem show me wia dem wear Aso oke! Bas tard!
Re: Different South African Tribes by darkwan: 3:21pm On May 09, 2023
aysnoopy:

the way i understood it,lesotho remained british colony after apartheid south africa got independence from britain....lesotho became indepedent later....
Re: Different South African Tribes by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll do a thread stating some popular SA artists and their tribes.
Cool then

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by darkwan: 3:26pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Forget patriotism, South Africa get fine girls abeg.

See fine tall girl with tender skin.
No bleaching
No toothpick legs
No burnt knuckles like PH bolé
No protruded belly as a result of excess goat meat pepper soup and catfish pepper soup coupled with Smirnoff ice and hollandia yoghurt.

Nigerian girls are mostly short like fire hydrant. You hardly see a tall and pretty Nigerian girl.

God bless South African girls for me abeg. See as girl set and fresh like today's bread. kiss kiss kiss

bwahahahaha....
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 09, 2023
That's Sepedi and Tswana, some call it spitori..😂😂😂

Nice try.. cheesy cheesy
1Sharon:

Nkao tempela😌
Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 09, 2023
I've heard you have more than 200 tribes.. How do you live with each other in one country when you're that many?
darkwan:

hahahaha....10 different tribes she says....
in nigeria thats a family gatherin not tribes....

kiki....
Re: Different South African Tribes by Justiceleague1: 3:32pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Your favorite tribe, Zulu.. grin grin grin
Mmmmwwwwwaaaahhhh

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Ajinoride(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2023
Tsonga,with the most beautiful and intelligent ladies .

quote author=Samantha124 post=122986223]It seems like most of y'all usually assume that all black South Africans are Zulus, when that is not true. We have 10 different tribes here and each tribe is different from the other. I don't know how many times I was called a Zulu here.. grin grin grin

2. Tsonga.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (37) (Reply)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.