Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali (7912 Views)

293 Rescued Women, Girls Are Indigenes Of Bumisiri Village / Jonathan Visits IBB: Are Igbos Now Slaves To The Hausa Fulanis?? / Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Jehu: 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
It is interesting to note that what the Hausa/Fulani can not condone in their territory is what they demand elsewhere.
Is it the jihadist conquering take-all propensity of the Fulanis that is still grossly influencing them?

When, in Nigerian history, have they ever granted indigenous status to other ethnic groups in their land. Yet, they go to other territories and cause anarchy there, re-writing histories they know next to nothing about and proliferating their bovine tendencies.

How long have they been accommodated by every ethnic group in this country?

They come humbly and in a servile manner looking for odd jobs and seeking employment; but no sooner they settle down and are made to feel at home, they begin by creating a 'Sabo', appointing a 'Seriki', building a mosque, appointing an Imam, and very soon after three or four generations they want an Emir who will want to participate in local politics.

Until they embrace civility and behave like humans by respecting their hosts and his culture/tradition, punishment and retribution will ever be their lot.

Everyday may be for the thief but a day will be for the owner of the house, and that day is less one, today. 
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by ektbear: 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2011
Ayowumie:

Yorubas are minority in Kogi State.
Not relevant. And FWIW, in Kogi West, they are the majority.

There are some people bearing Yoruba names in Kogi state but are not really Yorubas.
Who told you that? Kogi West is Yorubaland.

My query is, if Yorubas are indigenous and were the first in the state, how come they are minority and are not evenly spread?
irrelevant

Yoruba as a language is widely spoken in Kogi but not all the speakers are Yorubas. Infact, from my unpublished assessment, most of the Igalas are bi-lingual, speaking their native language and Yoruba.
Not relevant
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Ayowumie(m): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Who told you that? Kogi West is Yorubaland.
Are the Igalas (even though majority of them speak Yoruba)categorised as Yorubas. If you want to argue, kindly go beyond saying "irrelevant". That is too cheap a way of convincing people
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by ektbear: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2011
Igalas are not in Kogi West. They are in Kogi East. I have no clue where you are going with your argument.

Yoruba are indigenous to Kogi West. Like I said, if these Igala stories are to believed (not saying I believe them completely, just fyi), that is probably the first place anything like "Yoruba" even existed.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by cryingbaby: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2011
udezue:

Why can't the 3 native groups of Jos get together and drive the Hausa and Fulani out of Jos completely? The whole state of Plateau should be made a no-go area for them. One day they will start claiming ownership of Asaba.
why because you didn't resemble your father nor your mother THINK BOY before you talk.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by ektbear: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2011

Most of the part in blue is inhabited by indigenous Yoruba-speaking peoples (though here are minority groups there of course.)

Pink is Igalaland
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by cryingbaby: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2011
Mr man, go to Adamawa state and see who are the majority there are the Hausa/Fulani but who was their senator grace a yoruba woman, which if she is hausa you in the south can allow hausa to fit in around your region please next time before you post THINK not just post for the seek of posting.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by ektbear: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2011
When did Hausa/Fulani become the majority in Adamawa?

Anyway, she was elected to serve in a Bachama constituency, right? So wth does that have to do with H/F?
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by gohome: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
cryingbaby:

Mr man, go to Adamawa state and see who are the majority there are the Hausa/Fulani but who was their senator grace a yoruba woman, which if she is hausa you in the south can allow hausa to fit in around your region please next time before you post THINK not just post for the seek of posting.

Do you know that a hausa/fulani man Alhaji Samaila Mohammed was a fed rep for Jos-North/bassa constituency in 2008? No one is complaining, No one complained. Nobody is stopping anybody from contesting, the problem Jos is facing is that the hausa/fulani wants to take the LGA and get a first-class chief by all means, including intimidation and killings so they can start dishing out indigene certificates,
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by poweredcom(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
@ekt_bear

You really know the state well

Yoruba as a language is widely spoken in Kogi but not all the speakers are Yorubas. Infact, from my unpublished assessment, most of the Igalas are bi-lingual, speaking their native language and Yoruba.

As fr most Igala bi langual it not true, you can only say that to igalas that live in lokoja, because lokoja is a central city as for the thick Igala land they dont even know how to speak Youruba sef, despite the language resemblance ok, you can find trace of youruba in Igala language, Omi-water igala yoruba also call water omi, Lo wa - come Yoruba say wa

Igala are majority ok Yoruba are minority in the state ok its a fact
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Famo73: 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2011
People like pasali or whatever he calls himself should arrested and questioned on their roles in the recurring crisis on the plateau. Can a berom man lay claims to what he is laying claims to in kano, kaduna or other northern states. If kwarans allowed them to claim kwara, then that is their buz. If this trend of claiming ownership of a place where they were initially given an opportunity to settle and live continues, we'll soon have claiming that Lagos and infact the whole states in this country is their. To the guy that wants to stall constitution review, goodluck to you.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Ayowumie(m): 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

I have no clue where you are going with your argument.
This is amazing. You have no clue where am going with my argument? Well, i wasnt arguing with you. I posted something on this thread and you were trying to counter-proof what i posted. Then i started replying.
So, is there anything you dont understand again? Anyway where i am going is that am trying to tell you that i was not wrong in what i posted.

ekt_bear:

Yoruba are indigenous to Kogi West. Like I said, if these Igala stories are to believed (not saying I believe them completely, just fyi), that is probably the first place anything like "Yoruba" even existed.
Now, you are trying to be specific. So, your argument is based on an Igala lore? Common, this is ridiculous. Yoruba first existed in Kogi? This gets me screaming and shouting in my dialect IRO NI OO. That you based your assertion on the lore of a people that are not even Yorubas is not something i find amusing. It would be like saying that "according to a Yoruba lore, Mary, the mother of Jesus was from an area called Orlu therefore Jesus could be an Igbo man"
If some body told you that, wouldnt that be the most incredible story you have ever heard. Would you believe?

What am saying is that if Yoruba first existed in Kogi (wether true of false), for anybody to believe, the story has to originate from Yoruba lore to give credence to such and not that of Igala lore.

ekt_bear:

Most of the part in blue is inhabited by indigenous Yoruba-speaking peoples (though here are minority groups there of course.)
Pink is Igalaland
Why are you going up and down? Try and stick to something. I said Yorubas are minority. You said no, but look at your post.

ekt_bear:

When did Hausa/Fulani become the majority in Adamawa?

Hausa Fulanis are majority in Adamawa state.

poweredcom:

As fr most Igala bi langual it not true, you can only say that to igalas that live in lokoja, because lokoja is a central city, ,,,,,,,,

Igala are majority ok Yoruba are minority in the state ok its a fact
Thank you
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by trenchcoat: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
Ayowumie:

I am trying desperately not to call you a fool.

Expending with great urgency not to conclude you are a jug head, please do not act like an olodo if you cannot derive what I meant from the question please shut da fuuuuccckk up! angry
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Ayowumie(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2011
trenchcoat:

Expending with great urgency not to conclude you are a jug head, please do not act like an olodo if you cannot derive what I meant from the question please shut da fuuuuccckk up! angry
U are such uncouth young person who is always prone to quick insult
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by goggs(m): 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
cryingbaby:

Mr man take it easy. mrs Folashade would never have been senator in Adamawa north. She was senator in a predominately non Hausa Fulani part of the state. The Hausa Fulani would never allow that to happen in their area moreso she is a woman.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by emmatok(m): 12:14am On Sep 27, 2011
LOL, and when did Hausa-Fulanis  became a  tribe.

It is either HAUSA  or FULANIS.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by naijaking1: 12:33am On Sep 27, 2011
cryingbaby:

Don't tell truth by the half cool
Tell us who she is married to. Do you think any Yoruba woman fit just rise up in Hausa land and vie for office just like that
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by aloyemeka1: 12:40am On Sep 27, 2011
Jehu:

Until they embrace civility and behave like humans by respecting their hosts and his culture/tradition, punishment and retribution will ever be their lot.

Everyday may be for the thief but a day will be for the owner of the house, and that day is less one, today. 

Except the Hausa/Fulani is the one dishing the punishment out to their hosts.
Re: Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali by Nobody: 10:08am On May 07, 2015
omonuan:
We really need to think about what Passili is before we spew venom.  Is it really fair to have been born in a place, lived there all your life and not have any rights? Many of these Hausa folks pay taxes too.  Taxation without representation is tyrannical.  

I once read an article where a Hausa/Fulani from Jos requested that he should be given a right based on state of origin rather than Nigerian citizenship without a state because as it stands now, citizenship rights accrue to individuals through state.  Thus, if you are stateless, Nigerian citenship confers nothing to you.  He lamented how his ancestors migrated to Jos over three hundred years ago but yet he could not get any rights.  They always told him go back to his state of origin. However, he knew no other state of origin but Plateau.  His story was touching!

The only problem I see is the hypocrisy of the Hausa/Fulani. A few years back, the Igbo asked  for the same rights that the Hausa/Fulani are now asking for and you guess it: they convinced other Nigerians that Nd'Igbo were attempting to take over Nigeria and the first black on black genocide directed against Igbo ensued.  

Forget the primordial feelings, we will all benefit from making the citizenship of Nigeria count for all regardless of where you originate from.  This dichotomy of indigene/settler should be abrogated and should no longer exist in these modern times.  If Obama could become the president of the most powerful nation on earth despite his African heritage, we must all join hands and make Africa a better home for all.  

We must all find a more pefect way to live together in brotherhood irrespective of tribe.  As an Igbo from Anioma, I found Passali's position about Igbo in Asaba and Rivers State as incongruent and inapposite.  Igbo are indigenous to Asaba/Anioma area and Rivers state. They are not settlers (I hate to use the term) like the Hausa/Fulani in Jos.

Mr. Passali, forget the propaganda about native tribes in Niger Delta-the Igbo still predominate therein. They are not migrants but natives. Just don't listen to the cacophany emanating from certain tribe/quarters attempting to make Niger Delta synonymous with a particular tribe. At best that tribe is 3rd in Niger Delta after Igbo, Ibibio/Efik/Annang trifecta. Urhobos might have something to say about that 3rd position too.

September 29, 2011 is world Igbo day.  As an Igbo, I use this opportunity to remember many of my people that died trying to make Nigeria a more perfect union. I say thank you to those who died so that I might live. You did not die in vain. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we are beginning to see the things you saw and died for in Nigeria. We shall overcome! Nobody should take this last paragraph as an affront rather it is meant for solemn reflections for Igbo people.
SiLlllY u who told u Igbos are native to Rivers State?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event. / The Obi/kwankwaso Merger Is Ready! / APGA Stakeholders Threaten To Dump APGA Over Imposition Of Cand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.