Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) (37410 Views)

Professor Kila Disagrees With Wole Shoyinka About The Obidients. / Peter Obi Meets Fayose In Lagos (pictures) / Peter Obi Meets Flavour, Phyno, Others (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by ganisucks(f): 10:27pm On May 07, 2023
Today, I visited one of Nigeria’s most revered figures and an international literary icon, Prof Wole Soyinka. Prof Soyinka has been a father whom I hold in very high esteem for what he has achieved and stands for in the struggle for a better Nigeria.

His reputation as a fighter for justice and equity in our society has been legendary and we will NEVER ignore them. I had a very useful and enriching discussion about his aspirations for a better and greater Nigeria, and he shared a lot with me about his dream for a greater and more inclusive Nigeria. I reminded the Nobel laureate of the huge price he paid just before the outbreak of the civil war, fighting for the cause of the Igbos.

I cherished this Sunday's visit which was intended to erase the needless misconceptions about the relationship between the great icon and the OBIdient family. -PO

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1655307232081215488?cxt=HHwWgICwpYnK6vgtAAAA

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by ganisucks(f): 10:27pm On May 07, 2023
All hands should be on deck to keep Nigeria one and stable.

A political handshake from the South to the North should be encouraged.

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians 🤗❤👍

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by God1000(m): 10:28pm On May 07, 2023
Nice, he's building new bridges of love and unity.

But I think there's something fundamentally wrong with Nigeria, good people with good intentions are not given the chance, I don't know why

335 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by shortgun(m): 10:28pm On May 07, 2023
Most detribalised and most presidential Nigerian alive today.

The man who single handedly killed money politics in Nigeria, he gave Nigerians hope, he made us realise that it's Possible.

If Nigeria miss Peter Obi and Datti Ahmed, it won't recover in the the next 20 years.

351 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by squash47(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2023
This Wolle Soyinka hair sef. If he won plait am make he plait am na.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by ganisucks(f): 10:31pm On May 07, 2023
God1000:
Nice, he's building new bridges of love and unity
He's preparing to take charge, and form a national united government, after being declared by the courts as the duly elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

176 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by festacman(m): 10:32pm On May 07, 2023
Any political group that wants to drive change of political order in a democracy MUST tolerate contrary opinions, voices of dissent and acts of opposition.

The current Nigeria democracy is no doubt benefiting from highly active and youthfully vociferous opposition that Obi-dients provide. However, their lack of tolerance to slight deviation of opinions is TOXIC and DANGEROUS.

This negative attitude will always be RESISTED by every true intellectual. The reason is very simple: intellectualism and flow/exchange of ideas flourish when every shade of opinion is heard. Intellectual abhor herd mentality.

So when intellectuals like Prof Soyinka, Prof. Soludo and others like them stoutly detest and vehemently counter Obi-dients and their lack of tolerance, you will appreciate where they are coming from.

Change of tactics needed and I am happy Peter Obi himself is leading the way.

85 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:33pm On May 07, 2023
Lol, headless mob would soon cum for their god

Na obi dey find whom he wan beg but these kids would be comparing soyinka when be revered oga according to their god

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Offpointng: 10:34pm On May 07, 2023
When I say these clans really cannot do or make significant progress without the SW and Yorubas, they do come for my head. I thought they said Yorubas are betrayals and tribalistic?? Why has Obi been moving from one Yoruba elder's house to the other? What happened to all the Onowu's court in the SE? why is he not visiting any of them?? Are they so Inconsiquential??

Pls we urgently need answers

129 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Jostoman: 10:34pm On May 07, 2023
Nice one

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:35pm On May 07, 2023
ganisucks:

He's preparing to take charge, and form a national united government, after being declared by the courts as the duly elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
lol, see consolation

When would court finally deliver this judgement because i cant wait for una to start insulting judiciary

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Georgry(m): 10:35pm On May 07, 2023
ganisucks:

After una don insult and cancel everybody including the professor how una wan take build United government??

122 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by God1000(m): 10:36pm On May 07, 2023
ganisucks:

what's the date for the court judgment?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:42pm On May 07, 2023
shortgun:
Most detribalised and most presidential Nigerian alive today.

The man who single handedly killed money politics in Nigeria, he gave Nigerians hope, he made us realised that it's Possible.

If Nigeria miss Peter Obi and Datti Ahmed, it won't recover in the the next 20 years.
we have gladly jumped and pass datti and his girlfriend

We don't hope for ipob in the next 59 years

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:44pm On May 07, 2023
christejames:
PO is the face of the New Nigeria 🇳🇬 we all seek...

Even urvh1ns know!
Biafra can have him

They are the ones seeking him

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by VinnyBaba: 10:46pm On May 07, 2023
God continue to Bless PETER Obi. cool

Always Calm and does not Bear Grudges, but@the same Time, Focussed! 🙂

DESPERATE FOOLS like Wike should learn Humility and Doggedness from him!😏

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2023
✌🏿🤣

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Obaaderemi2: 11:17pm On May 07, 2023
Chimamanda will not like this at all. grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by judatech: 11:18pm On May 07, 2023
Make PO dey change clothes sometimes na🥺
It's getting boring

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by shortgun(m): 11:24pm On May 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
we have gladly jumped and pass datti and his girlfriend

We don't hope for ipob in the next 59 years
My post is for intelligent Nigerians who are smart enough to distinguish between persons who have the will power to make the country great and those whose only interest is to enlarge their estate through suppressive, subversive and criminal means

22 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by bhella10: 11:25pm On May 07, 2023
Obi has gone to beg for forgiveness on behalf of his headless mob grin Obidients must be so humiliated RN cheesy

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by omohayek: 11:29pm On May 07, 2023
Here Peter Obi demonstrates what so many having been saying from the start of his presidential bid: more than anything else, his rabidly intolerant supporters were the ones who cost him any chance of victory, by alienating everyone who wasn't in perfect alignment with every single one of their opinions. Just compare and contrast the vicious insults and personal attacks they unleashed upon Soyinka's head with this statement by Obi in which he forthrightly acknowledges what all his ignorant and bilious supporters couldn't: that Wole Soyinka paid an unimaginably high personal cost for the Igbos during the civil war, and has more than earned his right to speak out on public affairs without fear of frothing mobs calling him every foul name in the book.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by pandoragirigory: 11:34pm On May 07, 2023
God bless jagaban the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria and biafra, Peter girigory Obi is still looking for his mandate given to him by Igbo inside gutter

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by plaindealer: 11:40pm On May 07, 2023
This is one of the many things I so hate and dislike about this dangerous and slimy snake, he sits and looks the other way while his vile, disgusting and toxic mob insult, abuse, denigrate, ridicule and trash other people, they dragged and trashed Prof Wole Soyinka for almost 2 weeks, but this 2 face slimy clown was enjoying it and refused to order his toxic mob to desist, now he's prostrating and playing nice as if he was under some cave in Afghanistan when his mob was attacking the Professor.

It's always the same crooked and deceptive game all the time, Nigeria is so lucky that God rejected this evil and bigoted clown.

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Penguin2: 11:50pm On May 07, 2023
Lol!

Obi has gone to make sure Baba Soyinka has not slid into depression after Chimamanda schooled him into silence.🤣

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by DMerciful(m): 11:52pm On May 07, 2023
Before the election, how many politicians and influential persons from the SE supported Obi?

Obi is supported by the youths so you are just displaying tribalistic sentiments
Offpointng:
When I say these clans really cannot do or make significant progress without the SW and Yorubas, they do come for my head. I thought they said Yorubas are betrayals and tribalistic?? Why has Obi been moving from one Yoruba elder's house to the other? What happened to all the Onowu's court in the SE? why is he not visiting any of them?? Are they so Inconsiquential??

Pls we urgently need answers

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Penguin2: 11:57pm On May 07, 2023
plaindealer:
This is one of the many things I so hate and dislike about this dangerous and slimy snake, he sits and looks the other way while his vile, disgusting and toxic mob insult, abuse, denigrate, ridicule and trash other people, they dragged and trashed Prof Wole Soyinka for almost 2 weeks, but this 2 face slimy clown was enjoying it and refused to order his toxic mob to desist, now he's prostrating and playing nice as if he was under some cave in Afghanistan when his mob was attacking the Professor.

It's always the same crooked and deceptive game all the time, Nigeria is so lucky that God rejected this evil and bigoted clown.

Rest in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Whatever happened to Soyinka, he invited it upon himself.

Prior to his ignominious adventure into trying to rationalize the sham election organized by INEC, every Nigerian, including Obidients, held Soyinka in high esteem.

But like an Igbo proverb says, if an elder refuses to respect himself, children will play with his testicles.

Soyinka refused to respect himself when he tried to give his imprimatur to an election that the entire world condemned. He deserved every disrespect he got and I’m happy he was bullied back into silence where he was.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Benwallt(m): 11:57pm On May 07, 2023
Obi is the most vile and destructive political dingbat in the history of Nigeria politics. If I were Soyinka I would have hired a very muscular bodyguard that would help me slam the door in his face.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Benwallt(m): 12:01am On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Obi has gone to make Baba Soyinka feel a little better after Chimamanda schooled him into silence.🤣

Chimamanda schooling who? She can't even schooled Niti Osundare. It will be a suicide for her.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by NzogbuNzogbu: 12:03am On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Obi has gone to make Baba Soyinka feel a little better after Chimamanda schooled him into silence.🤣
lol, for someone who literally went to someone house to beg and is gushing in awe of been in Prof presence

Prof should have given obi the treatment atiku gave him like an orphan in Bayelsa

44 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsme Kidnap Passengers Along Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway (Video) / Osun Tribunal Dismisses Pdp’s Adeleke Application To Strike Out Apc’s Facts, Fig / About 600 Boko Haram Members Killed In Gombe And Monguno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.