Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III (18806 Views)

Buhari's Statement On The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys / "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics / Ekiti 2018: Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On Fayemi’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by BlackAdams007: 8:14am On May 08, 2023
What good would ever come out from such a being, i don't read nonsense.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by wwwkaycom(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2023
Yes
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Rodimi20000000: 8:15am On May 08, 2023
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by neonly: 8:16am On May 08, 2023
Buhari looking lifeless as usual
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Joshcoli(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2023
this man...

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Gbogbowa: 8:21am On May 08, 2023
Useless president spent 8trillion on subsidy he did not believe now he want to spend 14billion furniture for Aso rock. Nigeria no longer remember Abacha you will soon be forgotten forever

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:27am On May 08, 2023
alizma:

You read the topic before opening it right? If you are busy opening topics you are not interested in, that only says one thing about you, you need a doctor before you find your way to the market.

Tell that to your father.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Parrot69: 8:32am On May 08, 2023
Samuelnze:
He didn't assure them this time. Did he forget.? Because in all his speeches, he assures.
You sabi am well well grin
Any time he uses the word " I ashure you.." just forget it.
Know the case is history.

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:45am On May 08, 2023
Lol... Expired man 😂
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by OctavianAC(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2023
You see why Nigeria is slow in moving forward, ordinary speech they could not organize properly for the president of a whole nation. He went to make speech for inauguration, and over 96% of the content is about himself and his country's internal problem, neglecting the core reason for his present there.
Now, how will the business of 70% of our youth population help/affect London, most importantly, in that inauguration?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by CoolAmbience(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2023
God1000:
What good legacy is he leaving behind?

He made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world with Fulani herdsmen on killing spree in Benue.

Kidnappers and other criminals are also on the rampage

Ethnic and religious division is unprecedented

On the contrary, Buhari leaves remarkable legacies.

Only the hateful and physically blind would argue otherwise.

It is thank to Buhari that people can easily travel from Onitsha to Awka within 25minutes and from Awka to Enugu in less than an hour.

It is thanks to Buhari that there is now a long overdue Second Niger Bridge in place. There are also other landmark projects such as the multibillion naira Bonny-Bodo Bridge in Rivers State; Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Highway; Warri-Itakpe Railway; Lagos-Ibadan Railway; Calabar-Itu Highway; Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki Expressway; Enugu-Okigwe-Port Harcourt Highway.....

It is thanks to Buhari Nigeria's annual rice local production is now more than 6 million metric tonnes, as against less than 3 million metric tonnes before 2015. Go and check your records. There is the revitalization of more than 30 fertilizer blending plants. There is the significant upgrading and optimization of national airports. There is the remarkable electoral reforms. There are also outstanding results in the areas of Ease of Doing Business and Internal Revenue Generation, outside of crude sources, and on Security.

The high cost of food items is not a Buhari design. Had states and regions, especially the Southsouth and Southeast, keyed substantially into Buhari's Agricultural Agenda, prices of food items wouldn't be as high as they currently are.

Southern Nigeria has so much more to do in terms of investment in agriculture. Not much agricultural production was done in the Southern bloc of the country especially during the lengthy periods of insurgency in the North East, resulting in significant gaps in food production, thereby leading to skyrocketing food prices. This is in addition to the negative effects of the Russia-Ukraine war, which is driving cost of fuel products in the international market.

So, I do not agree with you that Buhari has not done well. Your position does not appear constructive and balanced for me. Perhaps, you should be itemizing areas where the president do as much as expected, not coming out to make a blanket report of failure.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by alizma: 9:11am On May 08, 2023
Rayban25:

Tell that to your father.
More confirmation received
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by seunayantokun(m): 9:12am On May 08, 2023
Slave felicitates with his master.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Professor822714: 9:23am On May 08, 2023
Who translated it to understandable English?
presidency:
STATEMENT BY MUHAMMADU BUHARI, GCFR, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE COMMONWEALTH LEADERS EVENT HELD AT THE MARLBOROUGH HOUSE, LONDON ON 5TH MAY 2023 IN FRINGES OF THE CORONATION OF HIS MAJESTY KING CHARLES III

Your Majesty, distinguished leaders of the Commonwealth,

It is an honour to be present at this Commonwealth Leaders Event, and a special privilege for me to have the opportunity to engage with you all, particularly His Majesty King Charles III ahead of his coronation.

As I come before you today, I am also mindful that this would be my last official engagement with the King and other leaders of Commonwealth as I leave office on 29 May 2023. I, therefore, feel both humble and grateful to be present at this important moment.

70% of the estimated 220 million population of Nigeria are young people under the age of thirty. Our youths are vibrant and engaged in various professions, ranging from Information Technology, Small and Medium enterprises, Agriculture, Transportation, Sports and other vocations.

We have a fully fledged Ministry of Youths Development at the federal level and the thirty-six states of the Federation. These Ministries, in collaboration with the Ministries of Education at Federal and thirty-six states are responsible for the education of our youths across the country. Other vocational institutions have also been developed to facilitate skills acquisition by our teeming Youths.

Let me take this opportunity to comment on the general elections recently held in Nigeria. These credible elections saw an encouraging turnout of voters and we have demonstrated that a government can be elected peacefully and fairly.

I am particularly proud of this achievement and thank all our friends and the international community, especially the Commonwealth for sending an election observation team led by former President of South Africa, Mr. Thabo Mbeki, to observe the elections.

Elections are not an event but part of a process of enthroning leadership in a democratic setting. The process started with credible eligible voters Registration, and would end with the adjudication of disputes arising from the process. The aggrieved parties have taken their petitions to the appropriate Nigerian courts for adjudication.

The Commonwealth stands for democracy, good governance, rule of law, and human rights. These values are not just ideals, but must be fully enshrined and put into practice. We need to continue to work together to promote and defend these values, both within our respective countries and across the Commonwealth, particularly in Africa.

The Commonwealth family needs to work collectively to address the challenges facing our world. It is through our shared values that we can create a better world and improve the lives of our people.

I want to thank the Commonwealth and its leadership for their unwavering support to Nigeria, especially during my tenure. The support has been critical to the success story of Nigeria and a step in the right direction to strengthen our Democracy.

As I prepare to leave office, I am proud to leave a united, peaceful, and prosperous Nigeria. May I kindly request for continuous support to Nigeria, particularly the incoming administration, to enable continuity and sustainable development of our beloved country.

I thank you. Long live the Commonwealth.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by alekuwodo(m): 10:53am On May 08, 2023
May we never witness a Buhari in the history of our nation again. From top to bottom!
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by bdon123(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2023
Who cares wat d clown buhari has to say.Abeg baba do n go mr clueless...as clueless as Jonathan
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by chaloskyx: 3:02pm On May 08, 2023
why are you buhari supporters suddenly hating on the guy nawa o same people were celebrating gim when he was showing igbos pepper support and celebrate your brother naa
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by DeGLORIOUS: 9:20pm On May 08, 2023
As there was no correlation between the first paragraph and the 2nd paragraph, I felt the impact of using NEPA Bill as certificate
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by IBENUALHASSAN(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2023
I wonder why our friends and brother from the East are just full of hate.They don't see any positive in other ethnic group.
What they don't know is that leadership is a TRUST that must be earned.
I wonder why they criticize everything that other ethnic does.
Hope,they won't complain when the same negative comments is dished out to them when they eventually get the number position.
Honestly,we can't grow as a nation with this level of hatred and negative criticisms.
They should know that we are in a civilized world.You can only get into corridors of power by forming alliance with other ethnic group.
If they continue with this tactics of trying to muscle everyone,thinking that it's a quick way to get power,then they should rethink again and wake up from their day dreaming
Small wonder Nigerians are very skeptic about handing the mantle of leadership to them.
In my mind I think that you guys are not ready yet for the leadership role that you are asking for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst / Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics) / Fayose Condemns Continued Detention Of Suswan, Babangida Aliyu, Austin Okai, Oth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.