Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III (18800 Views)

Buhari's Statement On The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys / "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics / Ekiti 2018: Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On Fayemi’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by presidency: 10:51pm On May 07, 2023
STATEMENT BY MUHAMMADU BUHARI, GCFR, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE COMMONWEALTH LEADERS EVENT HELD AT THE MARLBOROUGH HOUSE, LONDON ON 5TH MAY 2023 IN FRINGES OF THE CORONATION OF HIS MAJESTY KING CHARLES III

Your Majesty, distinguished leaders of the Commonwealth,

It is an honour to be present at this Commonwealth Leaders Event, and a special privilege for me to have the opportunity to engage with you all, particularly His Majesty King Charles III ahead of his coronation.

As I come before you today, I am also mindful that this would be my last official engagement with the King and other leaders of Commonwealth as I leave office on 29 May 2023. I, therefore, feel both humble and grateful to be present at this important moment.

70% of the estimated 220 million population of Nigeria are young people under the age of thirty. Our youths are vibrant and engaged in various professions, ranging from Information Technology, Small and Medium enterprises, Agriculture, Transportation, Sports and other vocations.

We have a fully fledged Ministry of Youths Development at the federal level and the thirty-six states of the Federation. These Ministries, in collaboration with the Ministries of Education at Federal and thirty-six states are responsible for the education of our youths across the country. Other vocational institutions have also been developed to facilitate skills acquisition by our teeming Youths.

Let me take this opportunity to comment on the general elections recently held in Nigeria. These credible elections saw an encouraging turnout of voters and we have demonstrated that a government can be elected peacefully and fairly.

I am particularly proud of this achievement and thank all our friends and the international community, especially the Commonwealth for sending an election observation team led by former President of South Africa, Mr. Thabo Mbeki, to observe the elections.

Elections are not an event but part of a process of enthroning leadership in a democratic setting. The process started with credible eligible voters Registration, and would end with the adjudication of disputes arising from the process. The aggrieved parties have taken their petitions to the appropriate Nigerian courts for adjudication.

The Commonwealth stands for democracy, good governance, rule of law, and human rights. These values are not just ideals, but must be fully enshrined and put into practice. We need to continue to work together to promote and defend these values, both within our respective countries and across the Commonwealth, particularly in Africa.

The Commonwealth family needs to work collectively to address the challenges facing our world. It is through our shared values that we can create a better world and improve the lives of our people.

I want to thank the Commonwealth and its leadership for their unwavering support to Nigeria, especially during my tenure. The support has been critical to the success story of Nigeria and a step in the right direction to strengthen our Democracy.

As I prepare to leave office, I am proud to leave a united, peaceful, and prosperous Nigeria. May I kindly request for continuous support to Nigeria, particularly the incoming administration, to enable continuity and sustainable development of our beloved country.

I thank you. Long live the Commonwealth.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by God1000(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2023
What good legacy is he leaving behind?

He made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world with Fulani herdsmen on killing spree in Benue.

Kidnappers and other criminals are also on the rampage

Ethnic and religious division is unprecedented

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 07, 2023
Buhari is as irrelevant as his speech that I didnt bother to read. Next please.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by MasterJayJay: 11:00pm On May 07, 2023
You forgot to include you will spend your retirement in Niger republic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Racoon(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2023
"...Let me take this opportunity to comment on the general elections recently held in Nigeria. These credible elections saw an encouraging turnout of voters and we have demonstrated that a government can be elected peacefully and fairly....."
As usual, always out of touch with reality.The most useless president.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Samuelnze(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2023
He didn't assure them this time. Did he forget.? Because in all his speeches, he assures.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by delpee(f): 11:37pm On May 07, 2023
Hmmm! More like a disunited, unsafe and heavily indebted nation. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by slimfit1(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2023
Please, tell Buhari to start coming back the celebration has finished, the plane hanger is very expensive to park Nigerian airforce at Stansted Airport. 5 millionaire per day is too much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Penguin2: 1:38am On May 08, 2023
We don’t really give a damn about his statement anywhere.

He should do and get out.

I wonder who gave the chance to read long note at such an event.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by money121(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2023
Ok
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:05am On May 08, 2023
So this failure and disaster of a president went.

I can't wait for May 29.

Useless failure.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Tinubuwins2023e: 8:05am On May 08, 2023
God1000:
What good legacy is he leaving behind?

Free and fair election that brought in Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
If you or anyone is not satisfied, wait for tribunal verdict

6 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Jones4190(m): 8:06am On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:
We don’t really give a damn about his statement anywhere.

He should do and get out.

I wonder who gave the chance to read long note at such an event.
who is your father that we don't know him

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Hotwest: 8:06am On May 08, 2023
Wetin he sabi...abeg shift

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:06am On May 08, 2023
🙄🙄🤔
watabombshell
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:07am On May 08, 2023
sad
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Dialpad: 8:07am On May 08, 2023
Did he read this at the event
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Dipsar: 8:08am On May 08, 2023
Ok
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:08am On May 08, 2023
presidency:

As I prepare to leave office, I am proud to leave a united, peaceful, and prosperous Nigeria. May I kindly request for continuous support to Nigeria, particularly the incoming administration, to enable continuity and sustainable development of our beloved country.

I thank you. Long live the Commonwealth

Is this a joke? Is Buhari trying to be funny? I don't understand this part to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Ignatio(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2023
Who cares to read that trash.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by begge: 8:09am On May 08, 2023
What is this failure saying

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Draei: 8:10am On May 08, 2023
How some leaders COMFORTABLY LIE in public suprises me. He can't swear he did well uniting the country among other lies he wrote up there.

Ineffectual Nepotistic I-Don't-Care Bigot in office.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Hatrick01: 8:10am On May 08, 2023
Just imagine if Tinubu wan give speech grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:10am On May 08, 2023

According to Ckay, this is felony ... 😅😅

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Racoon(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2023
The most useless president ever seen in history.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by ipobarecriminals: 8:10am On May 08, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by alizma: 8:12am On May 08, 2023
Rayban25:
Buhari is as irrelevant as his speech that I didnt bother to read. Next please.
You read the topic before opening it right? If you are busy opening topics you are not interested in, that only says one thing about you, you need a doctor before you find your way to the market.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by datola: 8:12am On May 08, 2023
President Buhari is emotionally attached to London
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nobody: 8:13am On May 08, 2023
presidency:
STATEMENT BY MUHAMMADU BUHARI, GCFR, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE COMMONWEALTH LEADERS EVENT HELD AT THE MARLBOROUGH HOUSE, LONDON ON 5TH MAY 2023 IN FRINGES OF THE CORONATION OF HIS MAJESTY KING CHARLES III

Your Majesty, distinguished leaders of the Commonwealth,

It is an honour to be present at this Commonwealth Leaders Event, and a special privilege for me to have the opportunity to engage with you all, particularly His Majesty King Charles III ahead of his coronation.

As I come before you today, I am also mindful that this would be my last official engagement with the King and other leaders of Commonwealth as I leave office on 29 May 2023. I, therefore, feel both humble and grateful to be present at this important moment.

70% of the estimated 220 million population of Nigeria are young people under the age of thirty. Our youths are vibrant and engaged in various professions, ranging from Information Technology, Small and Medium enterprises, Agriculture, Transportation, Sports and other vocations.

We have a fully fledged Ministry of Youths Development at the federal level and the thirty-six states of the Federation. These Ministries, in collaboration with the Ministries of Education at Federal and thirty-six states are responsible for the education of our youths across the country. Other vocational institutions have also been developed to facilitate skills acquisition by our teeming Youths.

Let me take this opportunity to comment on the general elections recently held in Nigeria. These credible elections saw an encouraging turnout of voters and we have demonstrated that a government can be elected peacefully and fairly.

I am particularly proud of this achievement and thank all our friends and the international community, especially the Commonwealth for sending an election observation team led by former President of South Africa, Mr. Thabo Mbeki, to observe the elections.

Elections are not an event but part of a process of enthroning leadership in a democratic setting. The process started with credible eligible voters Registration, and would end with the adjudication of disputes arising from the process. The aggrieved parties have taken their petitions to the appropriate Nigerian courts for adjudication.

The Commonwealth stands for democracy, good governance, rule of law, and human rights. These values are not just ideals, but must be fully enshrined and put into practice. We need to continue to work together to promote and defend these values, both within our respective countries and across the Commonwealth, particularly in Africa.

The Commonwealth family needs to work collectively to address the challenges facing our world. It is through our shared values that we can create a better world and improve the lives of our people.

I want to thank the Commonwealth and its leadership for their unwavering support to Nigeria, especially during my tenure. The support has been critical to the success story of Nigeria and a step in the right direction to strengthen our Democracy.

I thank you. Long live the Commonwealth.

God bless you
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2023
He's a failure.

I pray that Nigeria will be great again in unity

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.