Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? (37267 Views)

HEADIES 2018: Who Deserves The Rookie Of The Year Award? / Tiwa Savage's EP ‘Sugarcane' Tracklist / DJ Xclusive - Pose Ft. Solidstar & Tiwa Savage (official Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by grandstar(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak, Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

Why do we call it Afrobeat? The proper name should be Afropop?

Afrobeat (Fela) and Afropop sound very different!
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sageb: 4:47pm On May 11, 2023
N3TRAL:
I no fit criticize who show me free coochie.

But, I think people do not criticize Tiwa savage for her music but her life outside music especially her sexual and romantic life.

She be nymphomaniac. Tossed around the industry by small boys. Spits

I rated her lowly when she mocked Seyi Shay for her skin and not having a child.

Can never be my Genevieve Nnaji.

You remember that Tiwa savage Vs Seyi shay clash that year.
Today , Seyi Shay is now a mother

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sageb: 4:50pm On May 11, 2023
CookBond:
Thts her problem bro.

She's rich and not worried...i have not eaten this afternoon and you are asking me about tIwa sewage.

Are you mad or something....*in portable's voice*

So funny
Tiwa Savage is one of the best African female singers.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Diligent1(f): 4:50pm On May 11, 2023
N3TRAL:

But, I think people do not criticize Tiwa savage for her music but her life outside music especially her sexual and romantic life.

I rated her lowly when she mocked Seyi Shay for her skin and not having a child.

Can never be my 👑 Genevieve Nnaji.
Thank God she is not a lesbian
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sageb: 4:53pm On May 11, 2023
lapo:
'Deserve' NOT 'deserves' in that context.

Exactly
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2023
Make una no go hustle,dey carry celebrity matter for head.mtcheww..wetin concern me sef
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by romunu(m): 4:58pm On May 11, 2023
I just like knack her, dariss all
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by IPDGP: 5:04pm On May 11, 2023
seguno2:

When I saw the topic on the FP, I thought it would be about her s3x video leak.

Xvideos don tire u 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by mediclife1987(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak, Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

Sorry bro, kindly give me advice meen. I just feel terrible right now, and don't have anyone to talk to.

Telling friends my issues would only make them use it against me, hence I prefer telling a total stranger who won't know how to use it against me.

My issue is that I have low self esteem, which makes people especially ladies, I'm even old enough to be their Uncles pick on me.

When I can't take this anymore, I overreact, and lash out at them, or even get violent at them sef.

I almost beat up a girl in a bus today, simply because she did not shift well, and was sitting like she was in her bedroom.

If not for people who warned me not to touch her that she's a girl, I'll have given her a black eye at least.

Right now I feel very bad, for the way I reacted, and think I should have handled it another way, even though I don't know how?

Kindly advice me please bro...
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sulakishop(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2023
cheesy grin cheesy grin

Nothing wey I no go see

2 Likes

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Parachoko: 5:17pm On May 11, 2023
Staphylococcus:
I don’t know when it became a crime to celebrate our slave masters.

Many artiste turned down the invitation, and she was available, coupled with the cash that comes with it
How do you know many artist turn down the invitation?
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Parachoko: 5:18pm On May 11, 2023
CookBond:
Thts her problem bro.

She's rich and not worried...i have not eaten this afternoon and you are asking me about tIwa sewage.

Are you mad or something....*in portable's voice*
cheesy
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Painwontbreakme: 5:19pm On May 11, 2023
I nor even bother read all this things, I just want drop say the mod wey carry this nonsense come front page I know say tiwa Brest dey enter ur eye dat na why, so I understand
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Staphylococcus: 5:22pm On May 11, 2023
Parachoko:
How do you know many artist turn down the invitation?

Different entertainment journalist addressed it. You can hit Google if you want to read more.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by ufotunang: 5:23pm On May 11, 2023
What is wrong with the song ?
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by eepeepook: 5:27pm On May 11, 2023
I’ve seen this exact topic with TuFace as the person in question. It’s her time to shine. The next article will have another artiste as its subject.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Tonytonex(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2023
DyshApp:
Tiwa Savage, a renowned singer, songwriter, and actress, is one of Africa's biggest music exports. With multiple awards and nominations to her name, she is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after African musicians in the world.

This would mark Tiwa Savage as the first Nigerian musician to Perform at the Coronation of a British Monarch.

Tiwa Savage's song choice has been met with criticism, as many people believe it celebrates British imperialism and the looting of Africa. The lyrics, specifically "You're the Key to the Kingdom," have received particular dislike for suggesting that King Charles has access to the continent's resources to use as he wishes, similar to his ancestors.

The criticism, largely from African-Americans on Twitter, appears to stem from a direct anger towards Tiwa Savage's decision to accept the invitation to perform, rather than solely towards the song itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOe0vsU_vzw

Did her performance call for such criticism

Rate Tiwa Savage performance of Keys to the Kingdom in king Charles's Coronation.

na jealousy wan kill them.
She did excellently well.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by HITsquad: 5:33pm On May 11, 2023
I don't like Tiwa's personality atall. but there's nothing wrong with her performance. everything is not about politics. the so called African-Americans criticising her, what have they done to their own oppressors in the US? don't they perform and jump like little monkeys when invited to the white house?
America as a whole is just jealous of the British monarchy,they jealous it wasn't them,they jealous the global attention the British monarchy gets.
America just wants everything in this life to be about them and about them alone.. no one else gets any!
America is the one sponsoring and hyping the recent anti monarchy sentiment In Britain.
British monarchy is beautiful... it made Britain really special and unique... the bloody Yankees are just jealous that all they have is the Kardashian family.

It wasn't King Charles who invaded Africa,it was his ancestors. and there's nothing they took from us that our own politicians haven't stolen a hundred times and still stealing till tomorrow. we were not the only country that was occupied by great British. even the US was ruled by the British monarchy. Australia, Canada and many other countries are still officially under the British monarchy till today. but they are all successful nations and doing great...

we Black people should stop blaming everyone else for our failure as a race! it's annoying. since how many decades the British left still no development no progress... we were even doing better under the British. immediately they handed everything over to us we ran everything down and then turned around to blame the world for our failure... very annoying and disgusting... something is definitely not right in our DNA smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Tonytonex(m): 5:35pm On May 11, 2023
obembet:
One thing I love about her is that she's doesn't care..

God bless Aunty tiwa
I like you/this
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by yeyebrity: 5:35pm On May 11, 2023
N3TRAL:

Can never be my 👑 Genevieve Nnaji.

I swear, calling Seyi Shay 'dirty skin' was simply uncalled for. If a white man had labelled her that, people would have screamed 'racism'.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by yeyebrity: 5:37pm On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:
I don't like Tiwa's personality atall. but there's nothing wrong with her performance. everything is not about politics. the so called African-Americans criticising her, what have they done to their own oppressors in the US? don't they perform and jump like little moneys when invited to the white house?
America is just jealous of the British monarchy,they jealous it wasn't them,they jealous the global attention the British monarchy gets.
America just wants everything in this life to be about them and about them alone.. no one else gets any!
America is the one sponsoring and hyping the recent anti monarchy sentiment In Britain.
British monarchy is beautiful... it made Britain really special and unique... the bloody Yankees are just jealous that all they have is the Kardashian family.

It wasn't King Charles who invaded Africa,it was his ancestors. and there's nothing they took from us that our own politicians haven't stolen a hundred times and still stealing till tomorrow. we were not the only country that was occupied by great British. even the US was ruled by the British monarchy. Australia, Canada and many other countries are still official under the British monarchy till today. but they are all successfully nations and doing great...

we Black people should stop blaming everyone else for our failure as a race! it's annoying. since how many decades the British left still no development... we were even doing better under the British. immediately they handed everything over to us we ruined everything and then turned around to blame the world for our failure... very annoying and disgusting... something is definitely not right in our DNA smh

You have said it all. You get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Menclothing: 5:37pm On May 11, 2023
If the most saint man come back to
World and it’s Nigeria and become popular some Nigerians on internet are frustrated the looking for where to throw anger
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by kelspinall(m): 5:39pm On May 11, 2023
this one no one us
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

Liked, Shared and Followed.

You Have Written It All.

Our Afrobeat Music is Our Very Powerful Bounceback For The Entire World.

No Cap.

Meanwhile;

https://www.nairaland.com/7685724/partss-how-buy-giftcards-amazon#123076425

1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Parachoko: 5:47pm On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:

We Black people should stop blaming everyone else for our failure as a race!
Love this your comment
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by flokii: 5:55pm On May 11, 2023
Tiwa is an ambitious lady doing her thing no doubt.. the bad side with people like her is that they don't stick around same set of guy(s) for long. You're just like a means to an end for them.

Like Tuface rightly said in one of his hit songs.. If nobody talks about you, then you're nobody.
Tiwa is somebody,hence the criticism.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by mediclife1987(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

Kindly use this email bro: shydoki@gmail.com

I prefer this one instead, thanks and God bless.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Napata77: 5:58pm On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:

It wasn't King Charles who invaded Africa,it was his ancestors. and there's nothing they took from us that our own politicians haven't stolen a hundred times and still stealing till tomorrow. we were not the only country that was occupied by great British. even the US was ruled by the British monarchy. Australia, Canada and many other countries are still officially under the British monarchy till today. but they are all successful nations and doing great...

we Black people should stop blaming everyone else for our failure as a race! it's annoying. since how many decades the British left still no development no progress... we were even doing better under the British. immediately they handed everything over to us we ran everything down and then turned around to blame the world for our failure... very annoying and disgusting... something is definitely not right in our DNA smh

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT, SELF HATING PEABRAIN OF THE FIRST ORDER.

You and other Nigerian youth drowning in racial inferiority complex and self hate need to understand that whatever you say Nigerian leaders have done bad, the BRITISH have done a THOUSAND TIMES WORSE to you.

You're just too brainwashed and stupid to realise it.

The ONLY reason you can read and write today is because Nigeria gained independence in 1960, and Nigerian leaders began building THOUSANDS of public schools across the country, since the British built none in their 100 year rule of theft and brigandage, and left just a few missionaries to build a handful of schools for a chosen few. THAT WAS WHY YOUR GRANDPARENTS WERE VILLAGE ILLITERATES. THE BRITSH BUILT NO SCHOOLS, all the while exporting your minerals for a whole century.

Not one university was built in their 100 years here. Not one industry was established. Infrastructure? ZERO. It was footpaths that led to ur village, not roads. Not even 'bad' roads. FOOTPATHS.

OK?

Electricity? ZERO.

Not ONE major power plant was built by the colonialists,

THEY IMPORTED INDUSTRIAL GENERATORS to power Ikoyi and GRAs where they were staying. NIGERIANS lived in darkness.

See, EVERY SINGLE SIGN OF MODERN LIVING YOU ENJOY TODAY was provided by NIGERIAN leaders.

Without NIGERIAN leaders, you - mor.o.n - would be a stark illiterate hunter, or palm wine tapper in the village, just like your forbears were under colonialism.

CHEW ON THAT NEXT TIME YOU SWIM IN SELF HATE AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND FEEL LIKE SUCKING WHITE NUTS like a fcking slave.

As for saying ''It wasn't king Charles who invaded Africa'', that just shows the level of your demented stupidity, ignorance and self hate. The British monarchy murdered millions of resisting Nigerians and Africans in their colonial invasions, some of whom were your direct ancestors. Their lives were ruined by the British monarchy of whom Charles is the head. And you say because Charles did not personally invade Africa, he bears no responsibility for the crimes of his own monarchy?

They've brainwashed you to be their bodyguards and defend them even after their slaughtered your ancestors, and that is just pitiful.

You're a pitiful sight.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by ChatterHouse: 6:00pm On May 11, 2023
RapistOnBail:

People like you is who I’m learning to stay far away from.

I can’t have no judgmental retard amongst my guys.
oga blow your grammar comot for maside

Towtow licker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Your Songs/videos On Waptrick/wapdam For Free Without Paying A Dime / Mob Piru Bloods' Wardell Fouse Murdered The NOTORIOUS BIG / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.