Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? (37263 Views)

HEADIES 2018: Who Deserves The Rookie Of The Year Award? / Tiwa Savage's EP ‘Sugarcane' Tracklist / DJ Xclusive - Pose Ft. Solidstar & Tiwa Savage (official Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Litmus: 8:45am On May 12, 2023
African or black Americans would not criticise her had she been an artist from another African country instead of Nigeria. As for the song choice, it could be argued that Tiwa was being subversive with it.

Tiwa was brilliant and did herself and Nigeria proud. Nigerians should support her and not let the anti Nigerians black world get away with ruining her triumph.Like I continually repeat, Africa/ Blacks generally mean Nigeria and Nigeriains no good. Was it not Ethiopia that refused Nigerians fleeing Sudan war entry? And many people from around Africa were backing Ethiopia on social media, saying Nigeriains are scammers wich was why Ethiopia bard Nigerians entry. Imagine the crap, one would think fleabitten African nations had anything Nigeriains would want to scam! Presumably they all hate Nigeriains in Africa on behalf of Europe that 419 is perpetrated but now they don't want Tiwa to praise a European king - if that was what Tiwa was said to have done.

It grives me when I see Nigerian vlogers these days refering to themselves as Africans instead of Nigerians in order to make Africa feel included but all Africa does is betray Nigeria and Nigeriains repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sageb: 10:18am On May 12, 2023
sharone21:

None is a saint including GN and Atk
What's the meaning of GN and Atk?
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Bahamas95(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2023
obembet:
One thing I love about her is that she's doesn't care..

God bless Aunty tiwa
Coming from someone who live in the same house with aunty Tiwa........ Doesn't care indeed.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by phemmyfour: 12:17pm On May 12, 2023
DrAda:

The quote "no publicity is bad publicity" has now been debunked. Kindly refer to the Bud Light saga currently ongoing now
I doubt if you even understand the quote
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Abioladoks: 12:20pm On May 12, 2023
Tiwa!

Temi!!

Tigbogbo wa!!!

Cant love you less joor.

get me ur digits for a date.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by bewla(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!
You mean now we can shout and the world will stand still

Tinubu is our president come may 29
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DrAda(f): 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
phemmyfour:
I doubt if you even understand the quote

Is there another hidden meaning?
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 10:03pm On May 12, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

Omo true talk👏
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 10:15pm On May 12, 2023
obembet:
One thing I love about her is that she doesn't care.

God bless Aunty Tiwa

They did not call her the queen of Afro-beats for nothing Tiwa set the pace for Nigerian female musicians. What she has accomplished will leave you speechless witness her mind-blowing achievements in the full article
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 10:20pm On May 12, 2023
sulakishop:
cheesy grin cheesy grin

Nothing wey I no go see

Lol really😂

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Bosch10(m): 12:42pm On May 13, 2023
obembet:
One thing I love about her is that she's doesn't care..

God bless Aunty tiwa
she is a strong woman
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 1:10pm On May 15, 2023
Bosch10:
She is a strong woman

Yeah, she is! ignoring the media's criticism is not an easy task some notable women have been making waves in this world and there are records of them available on Dysh
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by NonBinary: 1:58pm On May 15, 2023
Unfortunately the average African does not read and therefore is ignorant of his own history. How can we understand issues when we don't even really know ourselves. We keep raising the issues of slave trade and colonialism, but what we fail to understand is that everything that has ever happened to us and is currently happing to us (the contraption called Nigeria) took place because the so called oppressors succeeded in enticing those in power (who could've stood up to them) with riches and promises of power/dominance over their fellow African brothers and sisters.
That's what both slavery and colonial conquests in Africa boiled down to at the end of the day, getting powerful people who could otherwise have opposed the "oppressors" to see personal gain in cooperating with them.
This is where we still get it wrong till date, rather than analyze issues logically, we use emotional, religious and ethnic sentiments. Before the Portuguese ever charted a course to Africa, we had been engaging in bloody wars for centuries and keeping slaves who were dehumanized and tortured, perhaps even worse than the white men who came along later ever did. To the point where the descendants of slaves in some parts of Nigeria were categorized into their own caste and considered inferior, a custom that was only recently abolished and which still lives on in the minds of some. Yet we make a hue and cry whenever we hear cases of racism in the West, as if such descendants of slaves would be treated better in their own fatherland. Are you people even aware that after the abolition of slave trade, African chiefs/kings protested and insisted that they had already established an economy driven by slave labour and trade and it took the British to coerce our own chiefs/kings to diversify. Are you aware that the so called colonial masters only succeeded in Nigeria because they set the North against the South and kept the South in check by threatening to back the North in it's drive to "conquer" the South. There was no time in history where Europeans ever invaded Africa with a naval force strong enough to overwhelm entire kingdoms at once, they took advantage of our hatred and spite for each other and picked us off one by one, a house divided.
Tiwa Savage did not perform for slave masters or colonial masters, she performed for opportunists, and I don't know about you, but I believe there's a greater curse upon the boy that killed his father than on the outsider that paid the boy to do it.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DyshApp: 3:30pm On May 15, 2023
NonBinary:
Unfortunately the average African does not read and therefore is ignorant of his own history. How can we understand issues when we don't even really know ourselves. We keep raising the issues of slave trade and colonialism, but what we fail to understand is that everything that has ever happened to us and is currently happing to us (the contraption called Nigeria) took place because the so called oppressors succeeded in enticing those in power (who could've stood up to them) with riches and promises of power/dominance over their fellow African brothers and sisters.
That's what both slavery and colonial conquests in Africa boiled down to at the end of the day, getting powerful people who could otherwise have opposed the "oppressors" to see personal gain in cooperating with them.
This is where we still get it wrong till date, rather than analyze issues logically, we use emotional, religious and ethnic sentiments. Before the Portuguese ever charted a course to Africa, we had been engaging in bloody wars for centuries and keeping slaves who were dehumanized and tortured, perhaps even worse than the white men who came along later ever did. To the point where the descendants of slaves in some parts of Nigeria were categorized into their own caste and considered inferior, a custom that was only recently abolished and which still lives on in the minds of some. Yet we make a hue and cry whenever we hear cases of racism in the West, as if such descendants of slaves would be treated better in their own fatherland. Are you people even aware that after the abolition of slave trade, African chiefs/kings protested and insisted that they had already established an economy driven by slave labour and trade and it took the British to coerce our own chiefs/kings to diversify. Are you aware that the so called colonial masters only succeeded in Nigeria because they set the North against the South and kept the South in check by threatening to back the North in it's drive to "conquer" the South. There was no time in history where Europeans ever invaded Africa with a naval force strong enough to overwhelm entire kingdoms at once, they took advantage of our hatred and spite for each other and picked us off one by one, a house divided.
Tiwa Savage did not perform for slave masters or colonial masters, she performed for opportunists, and I don't know about you, but I believe there's a greater curse upon the boy that killed his father than on the outsider that paid the boy to do it.

You're not wrong as the saying goes those who don't take note of history are doomed to repeat it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mob Piru Bloods' Wardell Fouse Murdered The NOTORIOUS BIG / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video / What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.