Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? (37234 Views)

Timaya Ft. Tiwa Savage - In My Head (Official Music Video) / HEADIES 2018: Who Deserves The Rookie Of The Year Award? / Tiwa Savage's EP ‘Sugarcane' Tracklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Madups(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2023
All these people should try and 'unsee' what they saw that year and cut aunty some slacks.
ChatterHouse:
She deserves a Grammy award

The only hatred stems from the fact that she LovePeddler herself for the world

Even beggars and tout has seen her towtow yuck
It looks so f...... ugly

Her towtow is not appealing even to the blind
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by aurorae1: 6:10pm On May 11, 2023
ChatterHouse:
She deserves a Grammy award

The only hatred stems from the fact that she LovePeddler herself for the world

Even beggars and tout has seen her towtow yuck
It looks so f...... ugly

Her towtow is not appealing even to the blind

I wonder if you take yourself seriously with such statements, and your fellow humans liked the post... Tueh!
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Theomarvelus(m): 6:18pm On May 11, 2023
She's busy making millions, some are criticising her fortune, better find a way to be known to the world than criticising famous millionaire.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Karemarealty288(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2023
Classic performance mennnnn.....
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 11, 2023
goodlistener:
Please who can save a life with any amount, I am in deep need pls, 3039131233 first bank. God bless

Send your pishure grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by HITsquad: 6:36pm On May 11, 2023
Napata77:

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT, SELF HATING PEABRAIN OF THE FIRST ORDER.

You and other Nigerian youth drowning in racial inferiority complex and self hate need to understand that whatever you say Nigerian leaders have done bad, the BRITISH have done a THOUSAND TIMES WORSE to you.

You're just too brainwashed and stupid to realise it.

The ONLY reason you can read and write today is because Nigeria gained independence in 1960, and Nigerian leaders began building THOUSANDS of public schools across the country, since the British built none in their 100 year rule of theft and brigandage, and left just a few missionaries to build a handful of schools for a chosen few. THAT WAS WHY YOUR GRANDPARENTS WERE VILLAGE ILLITERATES. THE BRITSH BUILT NO SCHOOLS, all the while exporting your minerals for a whole century.

Not one university was built in their 100 years here. Not one industry was established. Infrastructure? ZERO. It was footpaths that led to ur village, not roads. Not even 'bad' roads. FOOTPATHS.

OK?

Electricity? ZERO.

Not ONE major power plant was built by the colonialists,

THEY IMPORTED INDUSTRIAL GENERATORS to power Ikoyi and GRAs where they were staying. NIGERIANS lived in darkness.

See, EVERY SINGLE SIGN OF MODERN LIVING YOU ENJOY TODAY was provided by NIGERIAN leaders.

Without NIGERIAN leaders, you - mor.o.n - would be a stark illiterate hunter, or palm wine tapper in the village, just like your forbears were under colonialism.

CHEW ON THAT NEXT TIME YOU SWIM IN SELF HATE AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND FEEL LIKE SUCKING WHITE NUTS like a fcking slave.

As for saying ''It wasn't king Charles who invaded Africa'', that just shows the level of your demented stupidity, ignorance and self hate. The British monarchy murdered millions of resisting Nigerians and Africans in their colonial invasions, some of whom were your direct ancestors. Their lives were ruined by the British monarchy of whom Charles is the head. And you say because Charles did not personally invade Africa, he bears no responsibility for the crimes of his own monarchy?

They've brainwashed you to be their bodyguards and defend them even after their slaughtered your ancestors, and that is just pitiful.

You're a pitiful sight.

I stopped reading after the first insult. you are obviously Educated,but intelligence got nothing much to do with education...it has everything to do with natural IQ which you are obviously low on, no offense.

I'm just going to leave you with one question to exercise your IQ with. are you ready?

how come of all the former British colonies even in Americas in Europe and Asia. Africa is still the least developed?

my man,you are not more Black or African than me..I'm a 100% proud black man... I would never trade my race for any other!
But being proud of who you are doesn't mean you should ignore the obvious truth and the problems staring you right in the face. we can never get it right unless we figure out what's wrong with us as people... denying that something is wrong with us and blaming the past is how best to remain the same. just think about everything I said,it's not illegal to think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Modifire(m): 6:40pm On May 11, 2023
As if I care? Fkn bitch
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by bukatyne(f): 6:47pm On May 11, 2023
Until these people move onfrom their victimhood mentality, they will continue to have issues.

Africa was not the only colony in the world. Several countries were colonized, they got their freedom through diplomacy/war and moved on to improve their country and grow.

It is well o; the shackles of victimhood is so heavy.

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Agunesinjaweola: 6:50pm On May 11, 2023
The only invited artiste from Africa with a blue 🔵 movie 🎥
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by omoluka: 6:51pm On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:
I stopped reading after the first insult. you are obviously Educated,but intelligence got nothing much to do with education...it has everything to do with natural IQ which you are obviously low on, no offense.

I'm just going to leave you with one question to exercise your IQ with. are you ready?

how come of all the former British colonies even in Americas in Europe and Asia. Africa is still the least developed?

my man,you are not more Black or African than me..I'm a 100% proud black man... I would never trade my race for any other!
But being proud of who you doesn't mean you should the obvious truth and the problems staring you right in the face. we can never get it right unless we figure out what's wrong us a people... denying that something is wrong with us and blaming the past is how best to remain the same. just think about everything I said,it's not illegal to think.
I hold the same opinion .
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On May 11, 2023
HITsquad:
I don't like Tiwa's personality atall. but there's nothing wrong with her performance. everything is not about politics. the so called African-Americans criticising her, what have they done to their own oppressors in the US? don't they perform and jump like little monkeys when invited to the white house?
America as a whole is just jealous of the British monarchy,they jealous it wasn't them,they jealous the global attention the British monarchy gets.
America just wants everything in this life to be about them and about them alone.. no one else gets any!
America is the one sponsoring and hyping the recent anti monarchy sentiment In Britain.
British monarchy is beautiful... it made Britain really special and unique... the bloody Yankees are just jealous that all they have is the Kardashian family.

It wasn't King Charles who invaded Africa,it was his ancestors. and there's nothing they took from us that our own politicians haven't stolen a hundred times and still stealing till tomorrow. we were not the only country that was occupied by great British. even the US was ruled by the British monarchy. Australia, Canada and many other countries are still officially under the British monarchy till today. but they are all successful nations and doing great...

we Black people should stop blaming everyone else for our failure as a race! it's annoying. since how many decades the British left still no development no progress... we were even doing better under the British. immediately they handed everything over to us we ran everything down and then turned around to blame the world for our failure... very annoying and disgusting... something is definitely not right in our DNA smh

@bold

💯
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by CartelKenneth: 7:04pm On May 11, 2023
Useless tiwa savage
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by highness25(m): 7:11pm On May 11, 2023
DyshApp:
Tiwa Savage, a renowned singer, songwriter, and actress, is one of Africa's biggest music exports. With multiple awards and nominations to her name, she is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after African musicians in the world.

This would mark Tiwa Savage as the first Nigerian musician to Perform at the Coronation of a British Monarch.

Tiwa Savage's song choice has been met with criticism, as many people believe it celebrates British imperialism and the looting of Africa. The lyrics, specifically "You're the Key to the Kingdom," have received particular dislike for suggesting that King Charles has access to the continent's resources to use as he wishes, similar to his ancestors.

The criticism, largely from African-Americans on Twitter, appears to stem from a direct anger towards Tiwa Savage's decision to accept the invitation to perform, rather than solely towards the song itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOe0vsU_vzw

Did her performance call for such criticism

Rate Tiwa Savage performance of Keys to the Kingdom in king Charles's Coronation.

Na this girl been do blue film?
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DrAda(f): 7:38pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!

The quote "no publicity is bad publicity" has now been debunked. Kindly refer to the Bud Light saga currently ongoing now
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Zooposki(f): 7:47pm On May 11, 2023
Agunesinjaweola:
The only invited artiste from Africa with a blue 🔵 movie 🎥

Oxlade was not invited.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Mamijoh(f): 7:48pm On May 11, 2023
obembet:
One thing I love about her is that she's doesn't care..

God bless Aunty tiwa
Amen to the prayers child grace
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Mamijoh(f): 7:49pm On May 11, 2023
Those who are critisicing her, are not even better than her

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by DHaran: 8:24pm On May 11, 2023
She carry her TOTO go perform
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by KeyEndurance: 8:31pm On May 11, 2023
hmmmmmmm her problemhmmmmmmm her problemhmmmmmmm her problem
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Johnn74: 8:41pm On May 11, 2023
embarassed
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Joeyfizzo: 9:21pm On May 11, 2023
Hambivert:
A wise man once said, "If nobody has anything to say about you, just know your existence is sparogatively useless".
By the way, no publicity is bad publicity. I personally like the fact that they are criticizing her choice of song, it means they paid attention to listen to the lyrics, which inadvertently means that they listened to her.
It doesn't matter if we speak Pidgin English, Igbo or Yoruba, the world has taken a keen interest in our Music. They are bound to listen to our story. Now, things are just only getting better for Afrobeats!
you are smart....you are learned. Kudos! May ur kids take after you.
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by Sweetvie: 10:04pm On May 11, 2023
The moment she accepted the invitation she knows what she's getting into.

Her performance was flawless... The talking drum dance is stunning. The culture display is beautiful. I am really proud of her.
We should be proud of her. Even Ghana dey follow us dey drag tiwa.

Tiwa - ours
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by 12345baba(m): 5:00am On May 12, 2023
The tattoo just spoilt the beautiful gown on her. That's all I can say
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by donbenie(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2023
AZControversial:
sad

As a celeb, your choice of words in public events are a great deal. Coz like it or not, you've attained some level of influence.

Yes. Give honour to whom it's due. But also remember, you're a voice for certain people.
Even if she went there and insulted the King,some people would still have something to b1tch about,because that's the way they have been programmed..
African Americans are amongst the most b1tch @ssed people on Earth, always having something to rant about..
The same people would not think twice about denigrating Africa and Africans..
Let them carry their wahala and stay one side!
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by donbenie(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2023
KeyEndurance:
hmmmmmmm her problemhmmmmmmm her problemhmmmmmmm her problem
It is not her problem..
It is the problem of those who don't have anything useful to do with their empty lives..
Tiwa Savage done do her performance, collect her money and japa..
Na Wailers them get problem,not her..
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by pacespot(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2023
They criticize probably because they were not the one who got invited tongue

1 Like

Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by nedekid: 7:17am On May 12, 2023
Chick went to perform and was handsomely paid for her services.
I bet she is a couple of hunded if not million pound richer from that performance. You can imagine the new invites she will have from her performance there.
Folks criticizing, if they had the talent and opportunity would have performed there butt naked singing kumbayaaa..
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by RedPilChurchBoy: 7:31am On May 12, 2023
A Pọrnstár deserves all the criticism
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by AZControversial(m): 7:52am On May 12, 2023
donbenie:
Even if she went there and insulted the King,some people would still have something to b1tch about,because that's the way they have been programmed..
African Americans are amongst the most b1tch @ssed people on Earth, always having something to rant about..
The same people would not think twice about denigrating Africa and Africans..
Let them carry their wahala and stay one side!

This one no be lie sha
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by ruffDiamond: 8:16am On May 12, 2023
I never liked her one bit except that she's human. undecided but she no really GET SENSE!
Re: Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? by sharone21(f): 8:33am On May 12, 2023
sageb:

You remember that Tiwa savage Vs Seyi shay clash that year.
Today , Seyi Shay is now a mother

None is a saint including GN and Atk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance / Mob Piru Bloods' Wardell Fouse Murdered The NOTORIOUS BIG / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.