Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker (33911 Views)

Moment APC Women Leader Jumoke Okoya-thomas Turns Arise TV Interview To Comedy / Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Goldymafia: 10:16pm On May 08, 2023
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Peacecore: 10:17pm On May 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
that of speaker might be not work especially if the said tajudeen isn't acceptable to opposition and some APC guys... I hope APC learn from 2015 these guys ll not only be voted for by APC nass pple but by PDP NNPP LP APGA SDP ypp... Akpabio look likely to win though but not sure about speaker own cos house of rep opposition in number pass APC so if another popular person disagree with this zoning trust PDP and other opposition to support that person esp if popular...
Oga na lie o. Remember that PDP are not united as you think. Reps from Rivers, Kano, Oyo can go the way of APC. Just know it that Tinubu is not Buhari. He's a party man, and already knows that there'll likely be rebellions. He'll do something about it ASAP
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by seunmsg(m): 10:22pm On May 08, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
See how APC carry SE away from the national politics, PMB is truly speaking in the language they understand grin , SE must get political sense by force

They got the deputy speaker position. That’s fair enough considering their contribution to the victory of the party.

2 Likes

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Peacecore: 10:23pm On May 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
you Sabi the game this where APC got it wrong they haven't learnt from 2015 I guess... That tajudeen guy won't make it... Behind despite being favorite Akpabio is campaigning to his Senate colleagues cos they're the ones to vote during nass inauguration by June... In 2019 gbajia campaign well that's why he won unlike 2015 APC wanted to impose him... And reps opposition numbers pass APC all another candidate need is small APC members and woe opposition well finish he or she win speaker on nass floor
What happened 2015 was that Buhari with 'I'm for everybody, I'm for nobody' mantra and the bid to but down Tinubu influence, they failed into the wrong hand. Buhari was behind Saraki fulltime but he didn't know that he was a snake in human clothing. In 2019, he(Buhari) learned his lesson and allowed the party(Oshomole) to do the right thing

1 Like

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by yarimo(m): 10:47pm On May 08, 2023
Guyman01:

Obi was there in person unlike Tinubu who sent a representative who was disgraced in public grin
rip English oo
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by yarimo(m): 10:48pm On May 08, 2023
cjudy:

You’re too dull to understand that the picture you posted is PO reading a book.

Illiteracy lies in your fam
that is why I like nairaland, what goes on surly comes round grin grin grin grin
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:05pm On May 08, 2023
adekolaelect:
Ooga calm down !!! Why this high level of wailing ? Obi is coming or kanu to bring Biafra for you. At least if you can't get SP we are giving you President of Noise Maki g in Nigeria. Crying never solve any problem but better action.

wailing?..
what special use is a Senate president to his region?..

you are the one wailing here..

if you know your history, SE has had more Senate presidents and DSP over the years than others..

what has SE as a region benefited from them ?.. These politician are positioning themselves to cash out, fools are here fooling themselves..

olodo
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by olugbenga4(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2023
Goldymafia:
awo annang ade awo uko..... congrats akpabio...

Yayi nominated Akpabio in conjunction with Opeyemi bamidele from ekiti while gbajabiami nominated speaker for Asiwaju. Infact Asiwaju doubted akpabio but Yayi stood for him. Forget Akpabio alll the way, Asiwaju cabal don endorsed him
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by tunde1200(m): 12:04am On May 09, 2023
Exactly!!!

muykem:
The incoming administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu should know that Nigerians are no longer patient. They need to do everything humanly possible to better the lot of people.
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by tunde1200(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2023
I thought as much because they can not reap what they don't sow.
SE only votes for their son.

Offpointng:
But is the Deputy speaker not too much and too big for the SE I'd sincerely suggest APC should rather just give them Ministerial appointments or Special advisers

1 Like

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Earthquakes: 1:56am On May 09, 2023
jackcanfield:
cheesy Good look like Asiwaju listens to advise, I hope it sails through.

Are you after making the country better or Obidients as you call them wailing??

Do you buy gas or fuel cheaper than any one??
Spits
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by seanfer(m): 3:30am On May 09, 2023
Lama70:

What hapoened on Sunday, please?
What did he do?

Gathering some Senators-Elect from SE to demand that the SP must be zoned to SE because they’re the only zone that deserve it because they didn’t get the presidency.
Same man that was supporting the North to have the presidency if it is no micro zone to SE he supported Lawan against all the southern candidates.
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Asswipemod: 3:30am On May 09, 2023
seunmsg:

They got the deputy speaker position. That’s not fair enough considering their contribution to the victory of the party.

Àbí o, Kadoso.
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by wildernessVoice: 3:45am On May 09, 2023
It's alright but tell
BAT he's to appear before the tribunal and not be represented
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by femicyrus(m): 5:26am On May 09, 2023
Offpointng:
But is Deputy speaker not too much and too big for the SE I'd sincerely suggest APC should rather just give them Ministerial appointments or Special advisers
Even those are too big for SE.
APC should ensure constant adjournment of the court process on Obi's manhood till next general election. that will keep them busy
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Flick490(m): 5:50am On May 09, 2023
muykem:
The incoming administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu should know that Nigerian are no longer patient. They need to do everything humanly possible to better the lot of people.

DNT expect anything good from Them .
Put your trust in God. We pray out stolen mandate is retrieved
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:54am On May 09, 2023
Peacecore:
What happened 2015 was that Buhari with 'I'm for everybody, I'm for nobody' mantra and the bid to but down Tinubu influence, they failed into the wrong hand. Buhari was behind Saraki fulltime but he didn't know that he was a snake in human clothing. In 2019, he(Buhari) learned his lesson and allowed the party(Oshomole) to do the right thing
you don't understand nass politics otherwise u won't type this... With or without buhari APC support saraki was going to win in 2015... Many APC senators supported him... We ll see whether tajudeen abas ll be speaker cos his colleagues ll have to vote him... In 2019 gbajia and Lawan campaign well not depending on APC nomination or imposition... Hence they won...
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:56am On May 09, 2023
Peacecore:
Oga na lie o. Remember that PDP are not united as you think. Reps from Rivers, Kano, Oyo can go the way of APC. Just know it that Tinubu is not Buhari. He's a party man, and already knows that there'll likely be rebellions. He'll do something about it ASAP
let's wait and see go study nass politics from 1999... For me there should be a contest... Let others challenge tajudeen abas whoever is popular should win simple...
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:59am On May 09, 2023
olugbenga4:

Yayi nominated Akpabio in conjunction with Opeyemi bamidele from ekiti while gbajabiami nominated speaker for Asiwaju. Infact Asiwaju doubted akpabio but Yayi stood for him. Forget Akpabio alll the way, Asiwaju cabal don endorsed him
Akpabio would have won with or without asiwaju or whatever nomination APC should be careful not to impose an unpopular person this is where tajudeen abas might lose out... Remember there ll still be voted for by their colleagues June 10 at nass
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Starhearts: 7:14am On May 09, 2023
Moony45:
More WAILING for obidients grin

Senator Orji Kalu was one of the first politicians Tinubu visited for consultation and support after winning the APC Presidential ticket. But all through Tinubu's campaign throughout the length and breath of Nigeria Kalu never joined him or campaigned for APC.

Tinubu had 8 engagements in Southeast region alone during the campaign. Orji Kalu never attended any of them.

He was doing APC in the morning and Labour Party in the night. He got 49,000 votes as a Senator while Tinubu got 6,000 votes in the whole of Abia State in an election that was conducted same day.

Orji Kalu was among the APC Igbo elites who padded a 2 million votes for their Igbo brother, Peter Obi from a region under the siege of IPOB and unknown gunnmen.

On the other hand, Godswill Akpabio was vociferous and courageous in his campaign for APC and Tinubu. He never stood on the fence. He was everywhere. Together with Adams Oshiomole, Ben Ayade and Omo Agege, they raked in almost a million votes for APC from a PDP dominated region.

Tinubu and APC National Working Committee is committed to the Akpabio project. A distraction from Kalu will only earn him an expulsion from the party.

Like the Binis would say, "Once you divorce a woman, you no longer look at her buttocks".

On Orji Kalu, the party had moved on.

200 letters from him won't change anything. There is always a price for treachery.
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Chucks13: 8:00am On May 09, 2023
Good one. The Abuja 25% foolish crooners can rot in hell.

Akpabio worked for it and he delivered so he deserves it.

Obi pls go to tribunal with your sleeping mat and Duvet, useless and jobless slowpoke.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Tinubu
God bless SW,SS,North and all Nigeia lover from SE and may Ogun, Sango, amadioha strike all haters of Nigeria pretending to be saints.

May 29 is the day, they either take it or quit Nigeria. Bode fool Geoge after May 29 we don't want to see you in Nigeria ever again if you do you will rot in jail...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by mkoabiola: 8:18am On May 09, 2023
Akpabio is a crook..

A big crook
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Chigold101(m): 8:28am On May 09, 2023
wallex1983:
While I may not particularly think Akpabio is a good candidate for that office, I must still give it to Tinubu.

He knows what he wants and goes exactly for it. No space for speculations.

I see him appoint most of his cabinet members within one month
You think it's a good idea for a president to have a say in who becomes the senate president and the speaker of HoR?

We are building a rubber stamp national assembly...

1 Like

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Lovenorth: 8:30am On May 09, 2023
Masha Allah
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Believeintruth: 9:11am On May 09, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Instead of OUK getting the SP position in the next dispensation, I will r commend even a Fulani to get it.

He is only after his own ambition.

Those deranged SE senators that spoke in support of an SE SP are totally clueless. It is just OUK's way of snatching the position.

I support Akpabio, who has always been a great ally of the Igbos, being made the SP.
He is also our inlaw

You are not showing sense in what you are saying. It will shock you guys soon enough
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Believeintruth: 9:14am On May 09, 2023
post=123014392:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

May the best man or woman for the position of Minister of Education, Speaker of the House, Senate President that will move our darling country forward be appointed to the post.

We have learnt not to bother ourselves anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities .
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents, Vice President and Senate President.
So be it.

GOOD GOVERNANCE IS ALL WE CLAMOR FOR AT .

Say NO TO POLITICS OF TRIBALISM, ETHNICITY AND RELIGION SHENANIGANS that your politicians have used to lead you astray since 1960.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

We Rise.

How can you say no to politics of ethnic and religious bigotry when you turned the other way by tacitly encouraging it all because of your crumbs as usual that you will not even use to expand your grilling business.
This was the same thing you did in marketing Buhari and you lot was even worse off than before. Bros a man is know by honor and discipline and you lack it 100%
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Goldymafia: 9:38am On May 09, 2023
olugbenga4:

I pray he brings development to the country and akwa-ibom
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by OfoIgbo: 9:42am On May 09, 2023
Believeintruth:

You are not showing sense in what you are saying. It will shock you guys soon enough

OUK is leading you into another unnecessary lose. That was how he led the whole Ahmed Lawan presidency fiasco a few months ago.

He wants Igbos to inherit his lose, and I and millions of other wise Igbos mustn't fall for that.

It is time for Igbos to only endorse deserving and qualified Igbos for such elevated positions.

This is the same OUK that unsuccessfully fought tooth and nail to ensure PO didn't emerge the president of Nigeria.

Igbos have only held the executive power in Nigeria for just six months and it was in the 60s. While over the past 25 years, Igbos have held the SP position for 5 years, yet OUK saw nothing wrong in an incompetent Tinubu becoming the president, while the disadvantaged Igbos remain in the political doldrum presidency-wise, but now remembers that there is a grand marginalisation happening against Igbos, because he is interested in the SP position.

Anyway, bottom line is that Igbos should not fall for OUK's selfish ambitions, after all the alternative is our in-law and has never been part of any anti-Igbo plans right from when he was the governor.
Also it makes sense for us to reward the SS somehow, after keeping faith with us, over the past few years politically. The SS played a huge part in making PO the moving train, that he is today. We must let our allies chop instead of rewarding saboteurs grin grin
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Greattie08: 10:36am On May 09, 2023
post=123014392:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

May the best man or woman for the position of Minister of Education, Speaker of the House, Senate President that will move our darling country forward be appointed to the post.

We have learnt not to bother ourselves anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities .
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents, Vice President and Senate President.
So be it.

GOOD GOVERNANCE IS ALL WE CLAMOR FOR AT .

Say NO TO POLITICS OF TRIBALISM, ETHNICITY AND RELIGION SHENANIGANS that your politicians have used to lead you astray since 1960.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

We Rise.

i say AMEN to your sincere prayers. may we not be declared missing missing[b][/b] after God have restored back the lost GLORY of our Dear Nation, Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Lama70(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2023
seanfer:

Gathering some Senators-Elect from SE to demand that the SP must be zoned to SE because they’re the only zone that deserve it because they didn’t get the presidency.
Same man that was supporting the North to have the presidency if it is no micro zone to SE he supported Lawan against all the southern candidates.

Thanks for the info.
I know he supported Lawal against Jagaban Borgu.

They have a sense of political permutation from that end that is wierd and maverick to me.

I
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Peacecore: 4:50pm On May 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
let's wait and see go study nass politics from 1999... For me there should be a contest... Let others challenge tajudeen abas whoever is popular should win simple...
Let's just wait and see naw
Re: Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker by Peacecore: 4:52pm On May 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
you don't understand nass politics otherwise u won't type this... With or without buhari APC support saraki was going to win in 2015... Many APC senators supported him... We ll see whether tajudeen abas ll be speaker cos his colleagues ll have to vote him... In 2019 gbajia and Lawan campaign well not depending on APC nomination or imposition... Hence they won...
Buhari through Oyegun n co in a bid to curtail Tinubu power did exactly what they did in Edo bro. No argument but let's watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Omolola Abiola-Edewor, MKO Abiola’s Daughter NDIC Director / IPOB Announces 5th, 6th May 2022 As Another Sit At Home Protest / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.