Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House (89943 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / The Fufu I Ate Today Got Me Smiling - Photos / "This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by OdefaGirl(f): 2:18pm On May 09, 2023
thesicilian:
I don't understand people who say they'll rather stay jobless than receive something small as salary. I guess it's either because you have something else meaningful you're doing or your wife is the one taking care of you.

I'm just speechless at people's comfort with poverty. Well, it's their boat, anyhow they wanna rock it.

3 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Pelicanmedia: 2:18pm On May 09, 2023
madscientist88:
mine is on display lazy fingers,you should learn to verify people you engage, being fork tongued doesn't make you worthy,if you are not ignorant,you should know that the op certainly has other things doing and the job offer he got was just a side job to support other means or earning,so i ask you again what is your iq score?
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by tonicyril: 2:19pm On May 09, 2023
Devonelle:
Obavoh so your salary is not up to 50k yet you have 4 kids with one on the way

WHAT A BRAVE FOOL
Why are u so fullish??

Are u the one taking care of his family for him? Apoda

4 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by vicfajeze: 2:19pm On May 09, 2023
Obavoh:
I spent only 2 days on the job. I had to quit. I was missing my family and my wife’s cooking.

I rather stay jobless than be paid 35,000 monthly to be sad and hungry .

See the lunch my wife prepared for the family. Why won’t I run back home?
You are a thief,onijekuje e

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by jessylaurel(f): 2:21pm On May 09, 2023
falcon01:
Is it the Camera or that just looks disgusting

Its disgusting forget about the camera. My concern is what's inside the green bowl undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Angelfrost(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2023
Op, what are you even saying?!

It's not a matter of wealth abeg! It's a matter of dietary choices and tastes!

I know billionaires who don't eat so called 'classy' yet deprived cuisines!... They eat pure home made Naija and African meals!

2 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Okhuadams(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2023
Obavoh:
I had the opportunity to spend the weekend in a rich man’s house and it was a terrible experience for me.

I was given a small room in the boys quarters and was shocked to find out I will have to spend the night with 3 other grown men. The only bed available in the room was a student’s mattress. I had to sleep on the veranda.

The food they served me was very small. I found out they only cooked 2 times a day, breakfast and dinner.
Just say the salary was small and if must know most rich men don't eat much it's poor pple like you that eats much. If belle never full reach neck una no go gree

3 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by juman(m): 2:25pm On May 09, 2023
I doubt the story. Nevertheless if I dey in such situation, we the guys will be cooking additional food if we are not satisfied with the food provided.
It's better that way than to be jobless.

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by TheGreatIYANU: 2:25pm On May 09, 2023
ahnie:
Is that greenish tea poo peppersoup?

You are a WICKED somebody! LWTMB!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by TheGreatIYANU: 2:26pm On May 09, 2023
jessylaurel:

Its disgusting forget about the camera. My concern is what's inside the green bowl undecided undecided undecided

You are wicked! Wicked are you!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by ahnie: 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
TheGreatIYANU:

You are a WICKED somebody! LWTMB!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na question I asked oh!
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Psoul(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
Obavoh:
I spent only 2 days on the job. I had to quit. I was missing my family and my wife’s cooking.

I rather stay jobless than be paid 35,000 monthly to be sad and hungry .

See the lunch my wife prepared for the family. Why won’t I run back home?

If you don't learn how to leave your comfort zone, you will hardly make it in life.
I am not saying that the 35k is so okey nor that the meal served is okey.
But the way you are attached to food even wen you are still struggling to make it in life is not encouraging.
This means you cannot travel to a place you don't know anybody and even chose to go hungry to get what you want.

My father thought us to learn how to adapt and adjust to any situation and condition easily.
It has really helped me a lot. It made me not to even to get lost when things are rosy.
I make provision for all conditions while hustling smartly to make life better.

Bros, men that want to make it in life do not see food as a factor that can deter them.

Finally, some rich men do not have much food in their homes.
It's either they are stingy richman or real richmen that only think about food in the night cos they have a lot they are chasing and food can never be allowed to delay them.
They believe that they can afford food at all times and see it as no problem.
It's only when you do not have enough money that u keep getting hungry every other hour.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by millstone(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
This Op just made me remember Papi Joe. Papi joe is a bricklayer with one wife and 11 children and they all stay in uncompleted houses, not one is trained in school properly. Papi joe will do concrete work all day and use the proceeds to do nairabet and eat food. Papi Joe can leave a good job because of food whereas hungry wan kill am. Don't be like Papi Joe mr man, go back out there and hustle
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by shineeye1: 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
Rich man eats two times a day and you, poor man eat three times a day and get fat. Why will you not remain poor?!

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Banter1(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2023
They said appeal court is the last bus stop for local govt elections cases.

My question now is, can appeal court final judgement on local govt elections cases be review? My cousin was robbed at the appeal court in Niger state.
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Slynation(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2023
But to be very honest, if you didn't grow up in a rich man settings, hunger go nearly kill you!!

In 2014, when I visited my extremely rich uncle, I stayed for one month. Omo, this maid will always serve me one small cup of tea and 4 slice of bread with butter as breakfast as early as 7am...!! Wey for my house, Two big loaf of bread is there to eat as you like 😂

Afternoon, she will bring some pieces of yam and egg sauce, something wey my nephew of 9years old dey chop on a normal. grin

Na night own dey vex me pass...!! They will now bring one very sweet soup with meat scattered everywhere and one small Eba to finish the plenty soup... grin And they will now ask me one annoying question, hope you are filled...like for real?? Omo, I will just go outside and get something to complement the food before hunger kill me for sleep.

I try comport my self for 1week. Nna ehh, okwero'm grin grin then I went straight to the maid, I told her look young lady, I nobi Oga pikin oO, if you want to give me food give me food, wetin be that small thing you are always bringing for me to eat like I'm begging for food... grin

Na since that day enjoyment start for that house...!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Blaksheep01: 2:33pm On May 09, 2023
At least the rich man knows how to package his food.

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by jessylaurel(f): 2:35pm On May 09, 2023
TheGreatIYANU:

You are wicked! Wicked are you!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Counterfeit: 2:39pm On May 09, 2023
Man does not live by bread alone.

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by TUTU147: 2:45pm On May 09, 2023
Any work that will make me stay away from my family that is not oil companies will not be accepted by me, the government work when dey make me see family three times a year is telling on me.The pay doesn't want the risk, time without family, personal time etc.I will advise you bro to take up that job,but make sure you return home after work close.
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Barrywilly(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2023
They are even kind because they don't have any obligation to feed you on the job

2 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by jaxxy(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2023
depends on ur relationship with him. I don't expect a rich man to give every Tom dick and Harry a 5 star treatment.
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by oloksman1(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2023
SAPA ? IZ dat U?
SAPA bienMerci

Obavoh:
I had the opportunity to spend the weekend in a rich man’s house and it was a terrible experience for me.

I was given a small room in the boys quarters and was shocked to find out I will have to spend the night with 3 other grown men. The only bed available in the room was a student’s mattress. I had to sleep on the veranda.

The food they served me was very small. I found out they only cooked 2 times a day, breakfast and dinner.
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2023
delishpot:
Lol. So who buys the food your wife cooks?

Na him.wife Na....he'll rather remain jobless and keep relying on his wife because they dared to feed him twice a day with just little food

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by blesboi(m): 2:54pm On May 09, 2023
wetin blew wan talk self
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by blesboi(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2023
wetin bles wan talk self
Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Kukutenla: 2:57pm On May 09, 2023
dayleke:

I liked your post.
Your moniker as per this post is coinsined should be "Kukutellher". 😁

If you know you know....😷

Lips yun noni o🙈
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by HITsquad: 2:57pm On May 09, 2023
Obavoh:
Don’t mind the teddy bear. My second son is attached to him. We have already adopted him as part of the family grin
lol very funny and interesting story. na these small experience dey make us realize the value and beauty of our family.

In addition.. I would advise you not to let your boys play with teddy bear or things made for girls. I forbid my son playing with my daughter's teddy bear,baby dolls and princess toys. Cos I believe such things might make a boy naturally weak as grown men or easily turn them gay if they have Even the slightest feminine gene in their DNA.

Get him things like toys soldiers, superhero toys or a football, encourage him to play with other boys. it will play a big part psychologically in building their mindset... They are more likely to turn into real strong independent men with strong mentality when they grow up. Cos Nigeria is one place you can't survive if you are weak.

But i'm not telling you how to raise your kids... It's just a sincere advise from a Young father to probably another Young father.

2 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by Pascal9: 2:58pm On May 09, 2023
This people self, what is the essence of making money, you are rich yet the food you eat is not good enough for oyibo dog, will you eat your money when you die?, I see how white people eat, the table will full with different types of food, with good wine to send it home, ok you are rich just to Impress others, but living like a poor man, I can't do it, I can't make money for others to enjoy. Op you did the right thing, don't ever settle for less, and you will go far in life. Better job that will be ok for you will surely come.

2 Likes

Re: What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House by CHIOMAEZEH: 2:58pm On May 09, 2023
It's hard to make it in this life... If you remain in your comfort zone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. / You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.