Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? (1224 Views)

See The Romantic Animal We Just Killed Now / What Binds A Marriage More? Love, Sex Or Friendship / The Romantic Meanings Of Flowers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by fuugee(m): 10:11pm On Sep 25, 2011
Most marriages seem to be contracted for social conformity and procreational
needs rather than for complimentary partnership.
It's said that people should be (best) friends with their spouses to
sustain their union when the initial romantic spark(sexual appeal)
inevitably burns out.
Yet the difference between the sexes seem to be in the way of true friendship
which is based on mutual interests and goals.
Most females are very narrow minded and shallow about male pastimes with
a lot of them without proper hobbies.
Generally speaking,can men and women really be friends? with the obvious
divergence in their dispositions.
Knowledge is superior to ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by MMM2(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2011
angryangryangry
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by xynerise: 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2011
*Yawns* op what exactly are u saying?
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by Mcoldsoja(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2011
Answer to your question is LOVE. True Love begins where romance ends.
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by ShyOne(f): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^

If true love begins when romance ends

I don't want it.

Romance should always be part and parcel with true love  it might not be as strong in later years BUT IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THERE.  When we stop holding hands or stop desiring the presence of the other - I no longer want to be party to the relationship.

If our Fond and warm feelings that we have are BURIED in the heart and ARE NOT actively shown to each other; but ARE FREELY given to other family members and close friends - but we no longer show and share that with each other - I won't remain in a relationship that dwindles to that level - I need more than that with a spouse or a mate.

Our prenup agreement must have that stated within its confines "romance and romantic gestures must remain in the relationship   kiss "- so he isn't shell shocked, blindsided or surprised or starts talking nonsense about "Americans this or Americans that" when I decide to sign myself out of the relationship.

You have to actively and continuously show me that you care for me - same as I will show him.  If I am the only one submitting loving gestures and he has resigned himself to "only living" the relationship by just going to work each day, eating and sleeping and doing a routine that is devoid of "romance".  He can sign up for that lifestyle choice with someone else who values it much more than I do.
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by spicyhunky: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
Communication is key.You should be able to communicate with your spouse a lot and when one is wrong, dont hesitate to apologise and more importantlyn keep the flame of romance and sex burning.Once in a while go out and at times be adventorous!
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by ariblaze(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
spicyhunky:

Communication is key.You should be able to communicate with your spouse a lot and when one is wrong, dont hesitate to apologise and more importantlyn keep the flame of romance and sex burning.Once in a while go out and at times be adventorous!

you said it all
Re: What Really Binds Couples Together After The Romantic Flame Is Out? by spicyhunky: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
thank you ariblaze at least am speaking from my little experience of 7 years.

(1) (Reply)

Gurls See Una Life / To Majority Of Nigerians, Facebook Is A Romance Site? / This Harrassment Is Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.