Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. (2958 Views)

Everybody Is A Javascript Developer On Nigerian Tech Twitter / Why Is Web Development The Most Commonly Talked About Career In Nigerian Tech / 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 3:36pm On May 09, 2023
niel63:

Bro, honestly make we leave talk, I remember back then, I knew dudes who fled Yankee after picking millions of dollars... thats why gee no dey freak me... I've seen it all.
But now my country dey make legitimacy seem stupid.

Somebody price me for projects worth 5k usd for 250k naira... you dey imagine that kind rubbish.?

I'm in pains like this... and as it stands, if I see sure people wey dey run street with privacy I go follow... cheesy grin grin cos I am not understanding.

The basic stuffs get these dudes paid and I go dey here dey learn concurrency for golang just for someone to come and price me 250k per month.
grin grin

Lets connect bro, via mail.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2023
niel63:

Bro, honestly make we leave talk, I remember back then, I knew dudes who fled Yankee after picking millions of dollars... thats why gee no dey freak me... I've seen it all.
But now my country dey make legitimacy seem stupid.

Somebody price me for projects worth 5k usd for 250k naira... you dey imagine that kind rubbish.?

I'm in pains like this... and as it stands, if I see sure people wey dey run street with privacy I go follow... cheesy grin grin cos I am not understanding.

The basic stuffs get these dudes paid and I go dey here dey learn concurrency for golang just for someone to come and price me 250k per month.
grin grin

LoL I don't even learn any new thing while being in naija grin grin grin. I remember my hustles from Salesforce, WordPress. I still come enter DSA. I dey even get study group. We go reach interview final they go say they can't proceed cause I am in Nigeria and the role needs to be filled immediately. So why waste my time through multiple stages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by niel63(m): 3:40pm On May 09, 2023
rickyamos:

Lets connect bro, via mail.

Send me an inmail biko... nothing do you.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 3:43pm On May 09, 2023
niel63:

Send me an inmail biko... nothing do you.

sent you a message via Nairaland mail
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by niel63(m): 3:44pm On May 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

LoL I don't even learn any new thing while being in naija grin grin grin. I remember my hustles from Salesforce, WordPress. I still come enter DSA. I dey even get study group. We go reach interview final they go say they can't proceed cause I am in Nigeria and the role needs to be filled immediately. So why waste my time through multiple stages.

That's just it.

And when person post Job for nairaland and I ask am question, dem go feel intimidated... shey dem know who I don interview with or the process I've taken and left out cos I dey naija.

I told someone I have a blood sis who's been in the UK for 10years and never sent a slippers back home, the mumu say I am being entitled... like seriously. And whats wrong with being entitled when you know you'd do exactly that if you're in their shoes... I did more in Nigeria sef pass person wey dey UK.. when people dey talk trash, I just dey look.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2023
niel63:

That's just it.

And when person post Job for nairaland and I ask am question, dem go feel intimidated... shey dem know who I don interview with or the process I've taken and left out cos I dey naija.

I told someone I have a blood sis who's been in the UK for 10years and never sent a slippers back home, the mumu say I am being entitled... like seriously. And whats wrong with being entitled when you know you'd do exactly that if you're in their shoes... I did more in Nigeria sef pass person wey dey UK.. when people dey talk trash, I just dey look.

Those ones wey even dey nice to reply sef dey good. The ones wey go stress your life then after everything they go just ghost you cheesy cheesy cheesy. It's an African thing. I met a Salesforce developer from Cameroon on LinkedIn and omho that guy is so fucking good like very very good but the guy has never had a tech job. No one wants to employ. Dude even has some architect certificates and nothing o. If that dude was in the west, he would easily be on at least 400 to 500k usd annually with the certs and knowledge he has or if he has business acumen start his own Salesforce consultancy and be making Millions yearly consulting for fortune 500s. Geography is destiny.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by qtguru(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

A few people get and will get remote roles but the number will reduce. It's why when I you get those remote roles. Avoid lifestyle inflation and carefully plan your escape from naija. Regardless of how much you make you can be laid off anytime and it's not easy getting another role. Even the highest earner I know from naija bought another country's passport. If Nigeria was good and amazing he could have kept the money and be enjoying himself in Nigeria.

I wish I could frame this tweet, this is exactly how I feel anytime, it's why a second passport is needed, getting another job is extremely hard.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:55pm On May 09, 2023
qtguru:

I wish I could frame this tweet, this is exactly how I feel anytime, it's why a second passport is needed, getting another job is extremely hard.

Bros even for career development a second passport is very important. Imagine all this tech conferences. When you wan get visa, who go give you? A lot of recruitments go on in these conferences and you can't even attend with your Nigerian passport. Whereas if you were a citizen of another country, you would be building your network and connections there

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 4:17pm On May 09, 2023
I have been scouting for jobs and trainings in the hardware areas. Such as networking and fiber optics, it seems only software has the highest job availability so far.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by qtguru(m): 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
rickyamos:
I have been scouting for jobs and trainings in the hardware areas. Such as networking and fiber optics, it seems only software has the highest job availability so far.

Hardware is a tough business here.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
qtguru:

Hardware is a tough business here.

In what way ?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by niel63(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Those ones wey even dey nice to reply sef dey good. The ones wey go stress your life then after everything they go just ghost you cheesy cheesy cheesy. It's an African thing. I met a Salesforce developer from Cameroon on LinkedIn and omho that guy is so fucking good like very very good but the guy has never had a tech job. No one wants to employ. Dude even has some architect certificates and nothing o. If that dude was in the west, he would easily be on at least 400 to 500k usd annually with the certs and knowledge he has or if he has business acumen start his own Salesforce consultancy and be making Millions yearly consulting for fortune 500s. Geography is destiny.

Geography is destiny bro.

Unless you get help ooo, then ure fine.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by qtguru(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2023
rickyamos:

In what way ?

Context: Hardware related to Web Developments

Take Servers for example, few companies handle hardware servers, only Interswitch and some big companies, the rest rely on Cloud.

Unless you're referring to other types of hardware.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 4:29pm On May 09, 2023
qtguru:

Take Servers for example, few companies handle hardware servers, only Interswitch and some big companies, the rest rely on Cloud.

Gotcha so it’s better to learn AWS, instead of networking?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by qtguru(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2023
rickyamos:

Gotcha so it’s better to learn AWS, instead of networking?

Yes
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by niel63(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2023
qtguru:

Bro give me light.. I go handle server for you.. hardware is even easier because na as e dey play,e dey show.

I provisioned vps servers for a few of my clients... giving them their own hosting service.

If light dey, shey I go use service providers? I'd rather build my things myself.

Apart from development jobs, that another thing that keeps food on my table. I have a hosting service that's been running for 6years+
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by Gerrard59(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Those jobs exist but they won't give it to you while you in Nigeria

If I talk what I know, some will say this guy hates Nigeria. But I have seen it all. One has to be in the developed country to benefit. Attain citizenship and you're a God. grin

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by TUANKU(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2023
rickyamos:

What does your guy do that he can afford 250k dollars lambo, for you to even have the technical expertise to pull off 500k dollars or 1 million dollars scam, you must have been trained formally by professionals probably you went to a good programming school or got on the job training while working in a company. I believe people like hush, otunba and the rest were working legitimately in the tech or software space, before branching out to crime, a novice cant write undetectable malware and embed it in an email, it takes years of technical experience and formal training to be proficient. most of these 10 million dollar scams are carried out by professional programmers working in a company, who then decide to enter into crime with their expertise. Phishing as a method of attack is already getting ineffective, effective cyber-attacks involve malware which takes you to writing exploits, buffer overflows, OS programming, Malware analysis, etc, these are not for amateurs.
Phishing is getting ineffective? Says who? 60% of ransomware is spread via Phishing and no you don't need to know how to write exploits to pull a million dollar hack.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by rickyamos: 7:41pm On May 10, 2023
TUANKU:

Phishing is getting ineffective? Says who? 60% of ransomware is spread via Phishing and no you don't need to know how to write exploits to pull a million dollar hack.

Phishing in the normal sense of capturing a victim's username and password is dying, we have 2FA now to make the job harder, by next year the use of passwords will reduce and will be replaced by the use of passkeys. Isn't Ransomware a malicious code? you need to be able to find bugs that will be used to exploit the victim's computer, Gmail scans every mail intended to be sent or received. now I am not talking about the main anti-virus like Kaspersky or McAfee which is installed on the PC. For you to even use a crypter, a dropper, and all that you must have above average technical knowledge. Even with that, it will take a lot of resources and time to successful Compromise a PC.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by ajsans: 9:00pm On May 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

If I talk what I know, some will say this guy hates Nigeria. But I have seen it all. One has to be in the developed country to benefit. Attain citizenship and you're a God. grin

Please talk. I always learn from your post alot.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by TUANKU(m): 6:08am On May 11, 2023
rickyamos:

Phishing in the normal sense of capturing a victim's username and password is dying, we have 2FA now to make the job harder, by next year the use of passwords will reduce and will be replaced by the use of passkeys. Isn't Ransomware a malicious code? you need to be able to find bugs that will be used to exploit the victim's computer, Gmail scans every mail intended to be sent or received. now I am not talking about the main anti-virus like Kaspersky or McAfee which is installed on the PC. For you to even use a crypter, a dropper, and all that you must have above average technical knowledge. Even with that, it will take a lot of resources and time to successful Compromise a PC.
You're right, technical ability & knowledge is required.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by IotEngineer: 6:28am On May 11, 2023
rickyamos:

To travel out or move out, you need a lot of money in the first place which is gotten by getting a job, if you don't have a job how do you get money? if I had the money in the first place, I wouldn't travel out, that was why I said, it is very easy to get trapped in poverty in Nigeria. Aside from the tech space Nigeria, has Good arable land for agriculture, but there is a lack of infrastructure and machinery which discourages youths from trying. A lot of young men here in Lagos live on begging, extortion, and stealing.

True
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by IotEngineer: 6:46am On May 11, 2023
Reinvent by updating your CV. My school has a tool they gave us to do that, I can only assist limited people.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:57am On May 11, 2023
IotEngineer:
Reinvent by updating your CV. My school has a tool they gave us to do that, I can only assist limited people.

It's not a CV thing. Job no dey. Someone even raised this up yesterday about schools in Nigeria continuously training up people when there are no local opportunities

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by IotEngineer: 8:04am On May 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It's not a CV thing. Job no dey. Someone even raised this up yesterday about schools in Nigeria continuously training up people when there are no local opportunities

Bro, when oil and gas was the talk of the town, everyone went into it. Tech came on and every dick and harry wanna belong to it.

To succeed, you must be academic in nature and distinguish yourself long-term.

I study with an American University, we are taught to keep abreast with new development by updating on new skills, and they exemplified this by revamping our curriculum.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by Saverin: 9:12am On May 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Na mehn, one person even wrote that the odd of getting remote work now is <= 1:500 in that Twitter thread, Omo

Wahala. Tensa, please where can one read up migration to Brasil through MSc since their tuition is free?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by lordally(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2023
rickyamos:

What does your guy do that he can afford 250k dollars lambo, for you to even have the technical expertise to pull off 500k dollars or 1 million dollars scam, you must have been trained formally by professionals probably you went to a good programming school or got on the job training while working in a company. I believe people like hush, otunba and the rest were working legitimately in the tech or software space, before branching out to crime, a novice cant write undetectable malware and embed it in an email, it takes years of technical experience and formal training to be proficient. most of these 10 million dollar scams are carried out by professional programmers working in a company, who then decide to enter into crime with their expertise. Phishing as a method of attack is already getting ineffective, effective cyber-attacks involve malware which takes you to writing exploits, buffer overflows, OS programming, Malware analysis, etc, these are not for amateurs.

Hahahahhaha guy! You know nothing about fraud! These people don't know anything about how tech is formed all they know is how to use the tools just like knowing how to log in and out. The main key to their success is emotional Intelligence and consistency 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂.

It's a pity but this is the reality. Nigeria as a whole is finished!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:29am On May 11, 2023
Saverin:

Na mehn, one person even wrote that the odd of getting remote work now is <= 1:500 in that Twitter thread, Omo

Wahala. Tensa, please where can one read up migration to Brasil through MSc since their tuition is free?

You won't find such thread on nairaland. You have to research yourself.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by Sheriman(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Bros even for career development a second passport is very important. Imagine all this tech conferences. When you wan get visa, who go give you? A lot of recruitments go on in these conferences and you can't even attend with your Nigerian passport. Whereas if you were a citizen of another country, you would be building your network and connections there
Google did their anual google I/O yesterday I believe no any Nigerian tech guru ever went there why because VISA problem, financial problem, geo location and others.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2023
Sheriman:

Google did their anual google I/O yesterday I believe no any Nigerian tech guru ever went there why because VISA problem, financial problem, geo location and others.
If you apply for a US visa you won't get an appointment till late 2024 or early 2025 and they go still deny you. Nigeria has rejection rates greater than 70 percent. Take Argentina inspire of economic problems, rejection rates are less than 1 percent.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by haybhi1(m): 12:10am On May 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

What's the alternative especially if you are in Nigeria. Yeah I had a remote job but I am now unemployed

Wish for you better options, chief.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:20am On May 12, 2023
haybhi1:

Wish for you better options, chief.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery / Converting Stand-alone Application To Network-based(client-server) / Need Help With My Codes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.