Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,624 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. (11087 Views)

Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 / Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year / What Exactly Is Nigeria's Population? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2011
alj_harem:

guy i can see you being mischievous here

it is taken in English or Arabic. and moreover as i said earlier. knowing pigin English does not qualify you as an educated person.

If I study or read in Arabic or French but still do the same disciples university undergraduates do, then I can still be qualified as educated.

I hope you understand.

People have Ph.D in studying French, Arabic,Greek,Hausa and yoruba but don't know English and still qualified as educated.

so all this "not knowing english= uneducated" is crap

That is one of the most questionable observations I have ever come across. I think the reason why English is better is the versatility, most especially, in sciences. I don't think a person educated in Arabic is well qualified in advance sciences only on peripherals. And, that is one of the basic reasons there are no good scientists from Arabic educated society. Just check it up! I would advise every intending Nigerian to do away with being educated in Arabic when the nation has the opportunity of English educational system.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by aljharem3: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
all4naija:

That is one of the most questionable observations I have ever come across. I think the reason why English is better is the versatility, most especially, in sciences. I don't think a person educated in Arabic is well qualified in advance sciences only on peripherals. And, that is one of the basic reasons there are no good scientists from Arabic educated society. Just check it up! I would advise every intending Nigerian to do away with being educated in Arabic when the nation has the opportunity of English educational system.  

Arabic education is different from Islamic education.

Arabic education is the same as someone studying English language or Latin. It has nothing to do with Islamic education.

Islamic education on the other hand is taught with different disciples.

Islamic finance

Islamic banking and investment

and other form of maths and science can be taught using the Arabic language. Just like someone in France being taught Business studies in french.

It does not necessarily mean that person is an illiterate
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Rgp92: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2011
No to Arabic in Nigeria. Sorry im an arab hater
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Gerrard59(m): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
[quote author=alj_harem link=topic
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by manny4life(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
alj_harem:

Arabic education is different from Islamic education.

Arabic education is the same as someone studying English language or Latin. It has nothing to do with Islamic education.

Islamic education on the other hand is taught with different disciples.

Islamic finance

Islamic banking and investment

and other form of maths and science can be taught using the Arabic language. Just like someone in France being taught Business studies in french.

It does not necessarily mean that person is an illiterate  

Why is it that I have to agree with you,  However, you're right to some extent

Arabic is somewhat of a language structure, like English, french, Spanish et al but then I have to somewhat agree with @all4naija, English has so much versatility. It's a widely accepted and even common language spoken fluently. It's a lot easier to communicate in English than any other language. For instance, who will want to translate a 1,500 page text book into any other language? Not to say it won't happen, but a great deal of hassle and loops is involved as opposed to English. Take for instance, a keyboard with Arabic or greek or hebrew letters, that's a hassle trying to jump hoops unlike if you just know the English letter words. As for me, let's stick with ENGLISH please, NO ARABIC as an option, more room for extremist.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Gerrard59(m): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2011
ns.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Rgp92: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
Education in our native language instead cool
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
you guys have leave the topic at-hand to another thing undecided

so now we know we are as useless with the population,what else?
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by ektbear: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
English, Yoruba, Arabic, whatever, it doesn't matter.

Language is just a tool.

You can learn math (for example) in any of these languages.

English just makes the most sense because it is the most useful language on the planet right now, and it is easiest to produce educational material in that language.

But even that might change. . . there might come a time when Mandarin is just as important a language.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
otumfour:

now thats a banger grin grin grin grin grin lmao

^^^ this is an INTRUDER !
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by kabukabu(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
Gerrard59:

Whether arabic or islamic,all mean the same>>>EDUCATION FOR POTENTIAL BOKO HARAMI ,A.K.A TERRORISTS. Forget those type of education and focus on MODERN education. Let me ask you one question,bigot>IF YOU HAD STUDY ARABIC OR WORSE STILL ISLAMIC OR EVEN SHARIA EDUCATION,WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN USING THE INTERNET? How come internet peneteration in the south is far higher than in the north,minus abuja? where you have a reasonable number of xtians.

I like dis guy, I throw you one carton of stout. cool

Go to Goldman sachs with degree in Hausa, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by mekaboy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
GUYS LETS NOT LEAVE THE TOPIC. I AM SUPRISED THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT EDUCATING NIGERIA, IS THAT GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

I DONT THINK SO, I THINK IT WILL CAUSE A TRAFIC JAM, ITS LIKE A TRAFFIC WARDER ASKING CARS TO KEEP COMING WHEN THE LINE IS NOT EVEN MOVING, BLOCKING THE ROAD FOR OTHER CARS THAT ARE GOING OUT.

I THINK NIGERIA SHOULD PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT FOR THE MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED, WHEN THEY ARE EMPLOYED THEN , MORE MONEY WILL BE GENERATED FOR THE GOVT, THEN THERE WILL BE ENOUGH FOUND FOR FREE EDUCATION, AND CREATING JOBS FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE EDUCATED FREE BEFORE THEY GRADUATE.

WE NEED JOBS MORE THAN WE NEED EDUCATION NOW
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by erico2k2(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2011
mekaboy:

GUYS LETS NOT LEAVE THE TOPIC. I AM SUPRISED THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT EDUCATING NIGERIA, IS THAT GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

I DONT THINK SO, I THINK IT WILL CAUSE A TRAFIC JAM, ITS LIKE A TRAFFIC WARDER ASKING CARS TO KEEP COMING WHEN THE LINE IS NOT EVEN MOVING, BLOCKING THE ROAD FOR OTHER CARS THAT ARE GOING OUT.

I THINK NIGERIA SHOULD PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT FOR THE MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED, WHEN THEY ARE EMPLOYED THEN , MORE MONEY WILL BE GENERATED FOR THE GOVT, THEN THERE WILL BE ENOUGH FOUND FOR FREE EDUCATION, AND CREATING JOBS FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE EDUCATED FREE BEFORE THEY GRADUATE.

WE NEED JOBS MORE THAN WE NEED EDUCATION NOW

so who in your own opinion should provide these JOBS?
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
Gerrard59:

Then how come sokoto had the lowest number of pple writing jamb and imo had the highest. When you mean north-dont include the middle belt oh. The north west and east  have the highest iiliteracy rate in the con3. Borno has the worst educational system in nigeria[UBE]. When we mean education-ISLAMIC EDUCATION IS NOT EDUCATION. How come aganga worked in GOLDMAN SACHS with a degree in theology and the fanatical sanusi couldnt evn school outside talk less of working. How come southerners work in banks in the north and not also vice versa? PPLE IN SAUDI CANT WORK IN THE U.S,U.K,CHINA,GERMANY WITH A DEGREE IN ARABIC EDUCATION. EVEN LIBYANS WHO WENT TO FRANCE COULDNT WORK. WHY? THEIR CERTIFACTE WAS AND IS NOT RECOGNISABLE IN FRANCE. SO ALMARJIRIS SHOULD LEARN AND STUDY WESTERN EDUCATION.
 FORGOT BOKO HARAM>>>>>>WESTERN EDUCATION IS SIN.
you dont pay attention abi, mainwhile the questionw as not for you but kabukabu
there are loads of doctors from teh middle east here in the Uk just to correct your thoughts and again a none doctor can be the chief exec of a hospital.Most of the CEOs of public hospitals belonging to the NHS here in the Uk are run by people who aint medical personels
weather Islamic or Western education, they are all forms of Education, as far as the word Education is associated with it off you go.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by kcjazz(m): 12:21am On Sep 27, 2011
Huge market for goods and services, only problem is we can't scale to take full advantages especially with tribal and religious sentiments. Only leadership, education and time will solve.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Uche2005: 2:00am On Sep 27, 2011
nigeria population have resulted in boko haram. Nigeria population is not go for nigeria.

It makes administration difficult. It is complex to make decision in nigeria.  nigeria will never develop with over population.

over populated countries have high level of poverty.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by aljharem3: 2:07am On Sep 27, 2011
Uche2005:

nigeria population have resulted in boko haram. Nigeria population is not go for nigeria.

It makes administration difficult. It is complex to make decision in nigeria.  nigeria will never develop with over population.

over populated countries have high level of poverty.

Not strictly true, yes there is poverty in USA but not that much and negligible when compared to other countires.

USA has a population of about 500 million people.

Part of Nigeria problem is the heterogeneous mixture of 250 ethnic groups, each group tries to out shine the other
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by ektbear: 2:14am On Sep 27, 2011
^-- pop of US is ~300 million.

And it is one of the largest countries on earth.

So pop/area is very low.

Pop of all of North America is about ~530 million, according to wiki.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by aljharem3: 2:17am On Sep 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- pop of US is ~300 million.

And it is one of the largest countries on earth.

So pop/area is very low.

Pop of all of North America is about ~530 million, according to wiki.

thanks

looking at population density or population size. 2 different concept
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by ektbear: 2:45am On Sep 27, 2011
For overpopulated (which is what you were discussing, I think), you should look at density, though.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by mulumele(m): 5:38am On Sep 27, 2011
Not strictly true, yes there is poverty in USA but not that much and negligible when compared to other countires.

Part of Nigeria problem is the heterogeneous mixture of 250 ethnic groups, each group tries to out shine the other

USA has heterogenous mixture of hundreds of nationals and things still work.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by folahann(m): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2011
Overpopulation doesn't even have anything to do with density. It is about the size of the economy against the number of people.

The guy that said illiteracy level is higher in the south is a legend, maybe 'cattle rearing management' now contributes to lliteracy
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

USA population is 311,800,000 not 500 million.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by ushure: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2011
We have diverse culture. there is strength in that. It is place for great adventure, with a lot to learn and also to develop.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by racino: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2011

[b]Education has nothing to do with the language in which it is acquired, i don't think subjects are taught in English in japan, France or germany. For the uninformed of the nairaland, Arabic is not synonymous with Islam. there is a sizeable population of Arabic speaking Christians in Lebanon, Egypt, palestine, Syria, Jordan, Iraq etc. It's also one of the most widely used languages in the world hence it's inclusion as one of the official languages of the united nations as well as African union. For the religious bigots of the naira land u better wake up and stop deceiving yourselves that arabic is not good for modern education. The Egyptian scientist Ahmed Zuwaili was the first and only african to have won a Nobel prize in any scientific field and he received almost all his education in arabic language.
The former head of IAEA, Muhammed Elbaradei is also an egyptian who also received his education in arabic another prominent egyptian scientist is  Farouk Elbaz who has been at the centre of the NASA exploits for the past two decades. Of all the Arab states i have visited or read about i never saw or read about anyone that's not better than nigeria in all aspects despite our mastery of the queen's language.Even Gaza that is perpetually under siege has better social amenities. Egypt was virtually on auto pilot during the 18 day revolution yet not for once did we see light go off in tahrir square.

For me English is just a medium which has nothing to do with how well educated somebody is or do the arabic haters want to tell us that if someone's mother tongue is english he should be considered an educated person even if he has never been to school?[/b]
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Gerrard59(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
[quote author=racino link=topic=768330.msg9228906#msg9228906 date=1317119902]
[b]
[b]Education has nothing to do with the language in which it is acquired, i don't think subjects are
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Rgp92: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
Gerrard59:

The point is going to MADARSA,ISLAMIC COLLEGE,ARABIC SCHOOL is not the ideal thing to do. What are you going to give to the world if not terror. Tell me any moslems who studied those aforementioned that has won the nobel prize in ECONOMICS,MEDCINE,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY? Forget PEACE,it can even be given to an illiterate. Mention arabs that have invented that is useful to the society in the 21st century>>>>like NUCLEAR POWER,CARS,ELECTRONICS,SHIPS E.T.C. Even the nuclear weapon IRAN wants to develop was co-foundend by a jew. The same pple they want to destroy. Talk about HYPOCRISY. GO TO SCHOOL>><>MODERN DAY SCHOOL!

FFS NEGRO!!! IRANIAN ARE PERSIANS NOT ARABS!!!! Name one black man/woman that have invented something in the 21st century?
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Rgp92:

FFS NEGRO!!! IRANIAN ARE PERSIANS NOT ARABS!!!! Name one black man/woman that have invented something in the 21st century?

You name any Iranian/Arab person that has invented anything in the 21st century.
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Rgp92: 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2011
all4naija:

You name any Iranian/Arab person that has invented anything in the 21st century.

Name one nigger that has invented anything in the 21st century?
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Rgp92: 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
If you search enough, you'll find a lot of Persian inventions. And never mix Arab and Persian together, that's like mixing Arab and Jews
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Ikroberts: 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
learning
Re: Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
Rgp92:

Name one nigger that has invented anything in the 21st century?
Bell, Earl S, invented Chair With Sliding Skin (2004), and the Quantitative Display Apparatus (2005). Now, name your primitive Arab/ Iranian 21st century inventor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh Borno Village Attack. Vanguard Breaking News.. / Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi / 3000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Ortom's LGA In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.