Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,520 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) (11529 Views)

How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / APC: INEC Explains Why Lawan, Akpabio, Umahi Were Excluded From Their List / 2023: Lawan, Akpabio, Umahi Missing As INEC Releases List Of Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by MrNotAgain: 1:01am On May 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMiqHo93H8

Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has revealed that the President-Elect, Bola Tinubu, was instrumental in his stepping down for the former Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, in the race for the 10th senate presidency.

The National Working Committee of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday ratified the zoning formula proposed by Tinubu with Akpabio favourite for the senate’s top job.

Despite the supposed consensus, some party members rejected the candidacy of the former Akwa Ibom State governor, insisting on the inclusion of other geo-political zones.

But speaking at the newly constructed Muhammadu Buhari International Airport, Onueke, Umahi disclosed he had to accept Tinubu’s request for greater regional unity.

“The leader of the party who is the president-elect called me and I feel it is an honour to have called me and I consulted with him while he was in Paris and he said we were going to talk about it,” he said while speaking to newsmen on Monday at the Muhammadu Buhari International Airport, Onueke in Ebonyi.

“So, when he came back he called me and we had a meeting and he said please I Have committed myself and it is his right to do that, this is the president-elect, 29th May, he is going to be the president of the country so if he had made promises of course when you are running for such office you must make promises So I won’t be a clog in the wheel of his progress, so I had to accept.”

The Ebonyi State governor was, however, optimistic that those party faithful will eventually reap the rewards for their loyalty to Tinubu’s administration.

“So, I also accepted for the interest of the South-East let it not look as if we are in opposition, we just oppose everything. Politics is all about dialogue, it is about give and takes and if we surrendered now or I said No, what will have happened?

“So, I had to in the interest of the South East, so since we didn’t get that one I am sure by God’s special grace the efforts some of us made in marketing APC in the South East, we are going to get some other things that are tangible.”

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/09/senate-presidency-tinubu-persuaded-me-to-step-down-for-akpabio-umahi/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Moh247: 1:04am On May 10, 2023
cool

Umahi is a first timer without National Legislative experience or skills

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Boomkalakuta: 1:05am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Shatap

14 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Moh247: 1:07am On May 10, 2023
Am rooting for Akpabio and the AkwaCross south south

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Boomkalakuta: 1:14am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:

Editting post to insult parents

Wow can your prove this lie you fabricated?

Many unintelligent people here

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Boomkalakuta: 1:18am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:

Kikiki... You can deny all you want

Wait for the Mods

Before morning you should get your ban

Shatap and scream ronu naked

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Boomkalakuta: 1:27am On May 10, 2023
The real labourer worked in vain holding a broom and a cup of cocaine to sniff 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Mraphel: 1:39am On May 10, 2023
Politically Orji Uzor Kalu (Jagaban hater) doesnt have the back up for the senate president. As if he wasnt the one that stepped down for Ahmed Lawan for president during the presidential primaries so as not to allow presidency to come to South West. .Also If Senate goes to Umahi, the South East will used his position to give Tinubu blood pressure. They will threatening him to act to their Ipobic and Obi-diots demands. Umahi released this interview video for his Igbos supporters from his region to know the reason why he stepped down. None from the East deserves the coveted senate position. You Nigerians can see Igbos cannot argue this They already knows they don't deserves it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Mraphel: 1:42am On May 10, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
The real labourer worked in vain holding a broom and a cup of cocaine to sniff 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes Labour party labored in vain. Peter Obi deported from UK is that true?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by ResidentSnitch(f): 7:07am On May 10, 2023
Just get ready for more of this... Na still you go carry your own mouth complain... We are watching.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2023
He stands no chance as a first timer ...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Dafresh: 7:38am On May 10, 2023
Umahi that forced returning officer to declare him
He lost his polling unit lost his Local Government but he rigged him self in

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Reelmii: 11:19am On May 10, 2023
Really
Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by LeoDeKing: 11:19am On May 10, 2023
Tinubu is greater than ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu.

It is an insult to mention pandora Obituary in the presence of Tinubu.

41 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by mytime24(f): 11:19am On May 10, 2023
So which position him promise to use compensate u cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by truthCoder: 11:20am On May 10, 2023
We are being ruled by fools.

Even if Tinubu spoke with you in confidence to step down, first you should understand the importance of separation of powers between the legislative and executive and at least portray the incoming legislature is not under the control of the executive by keeping your frigging mouth shut.

So what should we the people do with such an inconsequential piece of rubbish.

How did you even become a governor with your leaky mouth?

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:20am On May 10, 2023
This Umahi man sef..

He just kept negotiating.
He lost Presidency.
And Now Senate Presidency too.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Patrioticman007(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Umahi is a better pikin for politics, you have to sow before you reap. Unlike the transgender voice aka " Thank you Daddy, Daddy"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by TavorJohnnie: 11:21am On May 10, 2023

Laptop powerbank and powerstation available

🔋 70,000mah
✴️ 300watts
🔘 1 year warranty
⭕💯Brand new
🌊 USB ports
🔺 Reject poor quality
🔻 refuse expensive price

Video available on request 🎥🎥

Nationwide delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Authoreety: 11:22am On May 10, 2023
I so de
Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by sofeo(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2023
Alright then.

Let's see how it goes.
Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban Presido

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Nobody: 11:23am On May 10, 2023
What a loyal Partyman! Even then, this step you took runs against the grain. One in millions! If you know you know!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by Throwback: 11:24am On May 10, 2023
Great team spirit, but you also are not a senior legislator so would not meet up with the rules to contest.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by zomby(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
Am rooting for Akpabio and the AkwaCross south south

I'm rooting for anybody, or anything...as long as folks from the SouthYEAST are not among the individuals that are being considered.
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW; let the pigs face up to the consequences of their uncivilized/ hopeless actions. Extend their contract to continue to clean all the toilets at the Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:25am On May 10, 2023
Now, that's Presidential. That's a Leader.

Tinubu persuaded me to step down for Akpabio

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Tinubu Persuaded Me To Step Down For Akpabio – Umahi (Video) by meditator(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2023
Dafresh:
Umahi that forced returning officer to declare him
He lost his polling unit lost his Local Government but he rigged him self in
If e pain u, go to court.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jangali: N500 Per Cow Yearly — Katsina To Introduce Levy For Cattle Owners / Face Of An Achiever: Godswill Akpabio (pics Dont Lie) / Power Generation Moves Up To 4,200MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.