Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing (17535 Views)

CBN Stops Sales Of Forex To Bureax-De-Change / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing by Gbenge77(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2011
Too bad Next is exiting the arena.
Re: NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing by influenc12(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
So much said but the fact is they have folded up.

I subscribe to their publications too and will surely miss them especially E'lan.
This is simply a message to us entrepreneurs that: We must always safeguard our businesses so that at the oiutcome of any eventuality, we can implement 'Plan B', or have something to fall back on. For them, they've resolved to be only online which is not bad.

Let's rather discuss the most recent idea that turned in more profits than celebrate the misfortune of another.

What do you think?
Re: NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing by mbulela: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2011
i do not subscribe to the idea that NEXT failed because they were anti-govt.
while i know that pro-govt publications make it more easily, there are also examples of anti-govt publications making it (SUN and Business Day).
I think the problem with Thisday was the source of their funding.
I hear it was mostly bank loans.
You can't run a newspaper with bank loans in naija.
the size of overhead makes it difficlut to break even in the short term when you factor in loan repayment.
It is not a coincidence that most papers in Nigeria are owned by rich politicians who not only have deep pockets but derive political mileage that can not be easily quantified from the papers.

Another issue was there inability to diversify streams of income.something Businessday have suceeded in doing.
publications, special reports, conferences etc.
Re: NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing by dasa: 1:15am On Mar 28, 2012
i love reading next online even if they write rubbish sometimes. when they where being controversial, they forget a gallon of diesel is expensive.
too bad, they should have been neutral and chased their cause in a more subtle manner.
Re: NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing by tck2000(m): 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Menace of Yahoo Yahoo Biz (internet Fraud) Let's Rub Minds / CBN Grants Flutterwave Switching And Processing Licence / What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.