Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help (26938 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by descarado: 6:34pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
Simps should move on
You know, I've been long enough in this social media space that I see most of you wrongly ascribe some terms to people.

I'm sure you see yourself as alpha male, right?
Now let me tell you the origin of alpha men and what it means.
Alpha male are every woman's dream. Yep. You read right. They are 100% protective, committed and can do anything for their ladies. They can kill for their women and are quite possessive.
Alpha male came from romance novels.
Google alpha male romance novels and pick one to read.

What you guys preach and believe here is alien to romance writers who coined that name. Don't join a crusade when you don't know what it stand for. It will make you look very stupid.

Besides, simps are simply foolish people. Anybody can be a simp.

You guys should respect English language.

Rather, you will canvass for a very traditional man depending on where you come from.

That's what your mentors like tate canvass for.
Know the difference.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by cococandy(f): 6:37pm On May 10, 2023
Primitive troglodytes
zakkxx:
Madam manage, live your husband alone. If u bring another fresh woman she go collect ur husband oo! Be wise ooo!! Employ old woman if u feel is very necessary.
G00DHardDick:

Your husband will soon replace you soon. Keep becoming a parasite to him. If you have sense you Will invite your mother over. Nag too much and get replaced ASAP!
Gentlevip:
I swear today's women are lazy and problematic

Our mothers and grandmother's had more children more responsibility, yet they stood by it. Nothing like my head, this husband sef, I Doo all the house and market bla bla bla

They became blessed and even healthier.

Hardwork is the key. Not selfish pamper

When una bring house help and the thing that is feared happen una go start blame devil.

Abeg make I commot from these ajebo self centered complains
zakkxx:
Madam manage, live your husband alone. If u bring another fresh woman she go collect ur husband oo! Be wise ooo!! Employ old woman if u feel is very necessary.
Jashub:
And you sound like all the other whores filling my mentions with stupidity
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Zedoo(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2023
Lol. Goan sleep please. Shebi he provides for you? When you been wan marry am shebi his income was a factor? Goan sleep my dear. When you wake up, carry mop.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Bananapill: 6:47pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
Hello Nairalanders, there is an issue at hand.
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...

I don't like househelps too but whatever my wife wants me to do, I do. I go to the market for her, helps out in chores and thank God an aunt is handy to help out with the baby.
But your husband should help out. Oga, if you are also seeing this post,pls help your wife out.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Branduche: 6:58pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...

Have you spoken to him about another idea of having a house staff that doesn’t live in? Resume at 8am, closes at 7pm
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by coputa(m): 7:09pm On May 10, 2023
ugodson:
Madam your husband is saying this for a reason. Please try and understand him. Not when they take over your husband u will come here and cry
Her life and that of a careless husband, which one is more important.If she falls down now out of stress,he will marry another woman to take care of his kids, maybe by then he will get a house help.

Some men are insensitive.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by meum: 7:11pm On May 10, 2023
cococandy:

Y’all are so xtupid. I just can’t. How did she cope with the other kids? How do you imagine it’s the same now that another kids infant has joined the family? My gosh!
You are so xtupid to quote me with such word. Are you the mother of the children? Don’t ever allow your m!serable fingers to ever quote me again with such abusive word. Make your comments without abuse. I have my reasons for asking that question.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On May 10, 2023
Zooposki:

The Nigerian wife is easily replaceable with their house helps because Nigerian men marry house helps disguised as wives. I've been preaching this message to Nigerian women for awhile now.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Achor1111(m): 7:34pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

It is for your own good and the children.
If you know, you know.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Komo4JESUS(m): 7:52pm On May 10, 2023
[quote author=IyaebeTheGreat post=123050102]He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband [/quot.. only breastfeeding.. then u're a lazy woman looking for way to dodge ur responsibilities
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by phemmyfour: 7:54pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

Why not ask for the reason he's rejecting your opinion. Seems Oga is trying to avoid temptation. Get a male maid instead

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by TheOmalicha: 8:35pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
You're dull. It seems you don't understand that a man like her husband has options , and if he's the that earns over 6 figures, he'll replace her faster than you'll possibly imagine . And who in today's Nigeria will want to bear the burden of a single mother of 3 ? Better be wise

Omo you foolishhhhhh
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by mankan2k7(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband

So she should devous him ba?
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 10, 2023
mankan2k7:

So he should devous him ba?
I never said so, you are the one saying it
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nellybest2022(f): 8:56pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
Dey there dey deceive yourself . Her replacement is already on its way
It's better to replace her than for her to die
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
A man can do exactly that ...or haven't you heard of single fathers who nursed their own kids after their wives died ? Mtchww
Alaboshi you never tire, see how you have exposed yourself. Shior
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by lekonso: 9:17pm On May 10, 2023
Does this man wants his wife to die?, is that what will pay him, because i cannot understand why he will refuse bluntly to his wife request for help while it is obvious that she needs help and more so her doctor has recommended one
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Ilekokonit: 9:21pm On May 10, 2023
Your husband is trying to flee temptation and don't force him to live in the same house with another fertile possibly attractive woman when you may not always be available to satisfy his sexual needs due to just giving birth.

Do you know the sexual history / recklessness of the intending househelp And this is before factoring in that she may be fetish or even turn out to be a kidnappers girlfriend.

As recently as Dec 2021, the 85 year old mother of Ex Edo State Governor Lucky Igbinedion was killed and then robbed by her 25 year old house maid.

The maid waited until 12 midnight when the wheelchair bound disabled old woman was asleep and smashed a stool / coffee table onto her head thus killing the defenseless and old woman.

The killer maid then ransacked the dead woman's room for 4 hours and stole 100,000 Naira and some jewelry before absconding but she has now been caught.

With hired help in Nigeria, its always a risk as you never know what is going on in the head of a hired help even as they smile at you.

Today's youth where girls of less than 13 years old don dey smoke igbo / weed with their cultist boyfriends and part of the initiation of these girls into the cult is that the cultists Bleep them communally before accepting these girls into their cult.

And dem no dey write cultism or criminality for anyone face o as that baby faced househelp may be a husband snatcher in disguise or worse still a child kidnapper or a killer. Better to be safe than sorry.

If you must get a househelp, get a woman old enough to be your husbands mum then you can sleep with your 2 eyes closed.

Some childminders even in developed countries molest the kids in their care talk less of Nigeria where they can easily get away with it. Be careful who you leave your kids with and this goes for both male and female children.

Even before social media, my friends Dad impregnated their househelp and my friends mum accepted the baby and brought her up as her own child.

Not to talk of todays slay queen kaya mata invoking househelps.

Get an unappealing old woman as a househelp if you must get one.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by tdayoojo: 9:39pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband

You are damn judgemental and you have not provided any solution to the woman's challenge in anyway. You don't have all the facts to start sounding the you did. The woman should consider bringing her mum to stay with them until things get better. There people who come in to work with you during the day time and go back to their homes in the evening. My auntie has this sort of arrangement in Abj. Please profile whoever you are bringing properly. The Lord bless you.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 10, 2023
tdayoojo:

You are damn judgemental and you have not provided any solution to the woman's challenge in anyway. You don't have all the facts to start sounding the you did. The woman should consider bringing her mum to stay with them until things get better. There people who come in to work with you during the day time and go back to their homes in the evening. My auntie has this sort of arrangement in Abj. Please profile whoever you are bringing properly. The Lord bless you.
Her mum has stroke, and the husband is strongly against all other form of arrangement, am I still judgemental like this?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Xerona: 9:45pm On May 10, 2023
xseed:

5 2 and 3 plus you. You don't have need for house help na or you want to sit in palour and cross legs. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
note exactly just need help
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Xerona: 9:51pm On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Your husband will soon replace you soon. Keep becoming a parasite to him. If you have sense you Will invite your mother over. Nag too much and get replaced ASAP!
hey I'm not a parasite, I'm a human being. I had a job but I had to quit to look after his kids...
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Aliftedmusic: 9:55pm On May 10, 2023
madam, you dont know how lucky you are. I was addicted to enjoying my house girls for 10 years without my wife knowledge. Dont try it. it might cost you your marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Silentgroper(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2023
what you're going through is nothing compared to your husband is going through, yet like you females usually say .. " he's man, he should bare it...
well you're a woman, bare it..

if you can't , get the househelp if you can afford their salary ..

don't come and add more burden to his neck..he already has 3kids and one baby adult to cater for ...

Abeg, bare it . they're your kids too

Next!!!!
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by godofuck231: 10:08pm On May 10, 2023
Because you are abusive and lazy
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by mamaafrik(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

many of men will not like strangers in their home,why:
..strange and unruly influence on kid,some will teach your kids to steal,sexual exposure.
..nosesiness and backbiting.
..financial implication
..natural occurrence of death,sickness and wahal arising from it.
Try family members to stay with you and assist(his or your nephews or nieces from good christain home,not the possessed onesoooooooo) who will be a good protege to your kids in spiritual,social,intellectual and moral facet of live,he will oblige .
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by sunrisemed01: 10:31pm On May 10, 2023
Some people who are on better side of life are always the one who think worse about life.

Now, you think your husband is a monster just because he doesn't want you to get a house maid.

You have a husband, 3 children, possible nice apartment, you have a car, food is not a problem, tuition fees are paid, your husband comes home to you after work, possibly treats you with respect. But, you not having a maid supersedes all other things you have.

Don't let anyone mislead you to ruin your household.
Instead, find easier way of doing things and make your life less stressful.

1. Get a washing machine: that takes care of the laundry
2. Enroll the children in a school bus service
3. your child who is 5yrs can do minor house chores
4. The house doesn't need to look perfect
5. The things you can't do, get him involved, after all, raising children involves both parents

Mark this, even if you find a way of making him accept house help against his wish, you will regret it in one way or another.

LIFE IS ACTUALLY EASIER IF YOU FOCUS LESS ON THE PROBLEM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Octopusssy(f): 10:37pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
hey I'm not a parasite, I'm a human being. I had a job but I had to quit to look after his kids...
Don't respond to hopeless individuals

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Ilekokonit: 11:06pm On May 10, 2023
Aliftedmusic:
madam, you dont know how lucky you are. I was addicted to enjoying my house girls for 10 years without my wife knowledge. Dont try it. it might cost you your marriage

My friends Dad impregnated their house girl and their mum took the baby as her own.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Namigotalktru: 11:15pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

Na mad man. Get nanny out for boysquarter if he doesn’t want let him come and breast feed the child while you sleep or move your mother and aunties into the house
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by mono26: 12:29am On May 11, 2023
A sensible man is trying to push sense to your brain yet you are talking rubbish. I weep for your husband d way you are talking. Na wao, see how some women can destroy their families $ after start blaming one innocent old village woman. quote author=IyaebeTheGrepost=123050536] The man is selfish and toxic, even on doctors advise he's still adamant. I didn't remember insulting him . I only used the right words for my statement.[/quote]
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by bigiyaro(m): 12:32am On May 11, 2023
Tallesty1:
It's important to remember that even though this man may be wicked and selfish in your opinion, he is still someone's husband and likely the love of her life. He is someone who is respected by his wife and they have committed to spending their lives together.

Regardless of what may be going on in their marriage, insulting him will undoubtedly affect his wife's feelings, so it's important to be mindful of that. Respect him for her please.

This is not just about a disagreement between a boyfriend and girlfriend or two politicians, but rather a married couple who have made a commitment to each other.
All these uncultured left over women don't have any aiota regards talkless of respect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Can My Parents Evict My Troublesome Uncles? / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately / Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.