Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help (26926 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by obinna58(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2023
Zooposki:

Whether she is lazy or not is not the issue, she needs help since she cannot cope. She is not sleeping since someone has to be constantly watching the kids at all times. Lack of sleep is very dangerous as she might just lose her senses all to find out she has murdered all her kids when she regains them. Post partum depression is dangerous.
Murdering kids is not an attribute of post partum depression, it’s a psychopathic insanity
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by ceeceeuwa: 5:18pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
Dey there dey deceive yourself . Her replacement is already on its way
God forbid anything happens to her, won't she be replaced eventually?"Na person wey dey alive dey carry marriage for head!"

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Zooposki(f): 5:21pm On May 10, 2023
obinna58:

Do you really think a man wouldn’t know his wife is trying, a man working day and night trying to provide and make sure his family is living fine, all the wife has to do is take care of the kids and she’s demanding extra unnecessary expense for a house help
Our mothers didn’t do this, when slay queen got tied down by marriage here’s the outcome.

LoL. The baby does not let her sleep at night and the other kids will not let her sleep during the day. Oga, she says she just needs someone to hold the baby during the day while she naps.

When I tell Nigerian women that most Nigerian men hate them, they think I'm lying. The hate is subtle. Women, be wise and open your eyes.

This same men travel to Obodo Oyinbo and do most of the housework for their foreign counterpart even though they have a job. Nigerian women, shine ya eyes. Don't let these men use you as a mule.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Zooposki(f): 5:24pm On May 10, 2023
obinna58:

Murdering kids is not an attribute of post partum depression, it’s a psychopathic insanity

Dey there make pant wear you.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by owunabastard: 5:27pm On May 10, 2023
Your husband should understand, maybe he is thinking of extra mouth to feed. The only way he will understand is whenever he is around, make sure you involve him on running errands with you
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by DrDunamis(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
Hello Nairalanders, there is an issue at hand.
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...

Try dey calm down, small small.
Just this minor thing and you start questioning one of the most important choices in your life? It tells much about your character personally.
But I'm not here to cause darkness but to shine light. Have you suggested a younger sibling of yours or his, or a cousin instead of a complete stranger?
Have you asked him softly to help you see his reason for having said no about your requests?
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jashub: 5:30pm On May 10, 2023
cococandy:
you sound moronic
And you sound like all the other whores filling my mentions with stupidity

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Efinem006(m): 5:30pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
She came to seek advise from us
But you didn't advise her, rather you trying to poison her mind which is bad
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jashub: 5:31pm On May 10, 2023
SLOVFO:

It depends on the kind of women you sorround yourself with. Women are helpmates... they make life easier for you. If you have ever tried looking after kid, you will understand that it's a full time job
A man can do exactly that ...or haven't you heard of single fathers who nursed their own kids after their wives died ? Mtchww
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Xerona: 5:34pm On May 10, 2023
Oju4190:
Three kids and u are complaining.....U are just been lazy.....U want to leave ur children to ur househelp and u will b doing what? Gossiping abi. Nonsense
you're getting it all wrong .. trust me i really try my best its not been easy.. most especially as it affects my health
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 10, 2023
Efinem006:
But you didn't advise her, rather you trying to poison her mind which is bad
The husband is bullying her , what type of man wants his wife to be so stressed out? He no try

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by graceilina: 5:37pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...
try to manage yourself. It's not everything that u must do. Do d little u can and leave the rest. One after d other. Do it small small. Some days, choose not to do nothing

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband

Your name suggested your kind of person.
A decent man will surely steer off your path.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 10, 2023
Ladiesdoctor:

Your name suggested your kind of person.
A decent man will surely steer off your path.
No decent man will damn the doctor's advise putting his wife's health at risk. May God take your type far away from every woman on earth
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
How are you sure she is relating well with the husband family members? Most of these women are married in the city and they hardly travel to the husband village.
If she has been relating well with her mother inlaw, that problem would have since be solved.
another angle but it's a two edged sword. Does the husband stop her from visiting his people ? There's no sane Nigerian man who's capable who will want his wife to suffer like this. If you're married or have married sisters, you'll know what I'm talking about, this calls for a family meeting before this lady drops dead due to lack of sleep and proper rest
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

5 2 and 3 plus you. You don't have need for house help na or you want to sit in palour and cross legs. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by DrAda(f): 5:43pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband

Very wicked indeed

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by stephenponti(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

The man is not ready to have u accuse him of sleeping with the house help. Bc that's what most women do.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by zakkxx: 5:51pm On May 10, 2023
Madam manage, live your husband alone. If u bring another fresh woman she go collect ur husband oo! Be wise ooo!! Employ old woman if u feel is very necessary.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by girlygirlyMain: 5:58pm On May 10, 2023
Listen to him!

Get a help that resumes in the morning and goes towards evening.
Get a washing machine and dishwasher too if necessary.

Buy take out food sometimes.
Go easy on yourself.
Be flexible
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by sharone21(f): 5:58pm On May 10, 2023
komzy589:

Madam, women like you are very rare. You’re a typical example of what a woman should be. This Lady in question is not even working o. Or did I miss where she mentioned that!
Young girls of nowadays are so impatient and lazy.

Be careful madam when a typical Nigerian man compliments u as a wife material. They want women to die early but are not ready to work as men without dragging women along 50:50 income formula saying men will be overstressed.

My mum worked similarly 8-5:30pm, leaving home almost 6am daily and while she wàs pregnant( we are 6 kids) had 2 or 3 maids at once. This did not stop my dad from doing house chores and compound cleaning.... Dad travels as a rare Professional in his field and mum too travels and may stay up to 1 month leaving my dad with 5 daughters and 2 or 3 females extra. We do ask our mum why she never for once felt agitated leaving my dad alone with 'many women'( lol) and my mum would respond that: your dad is a HONORABLE MAN.....He may have his faults but it is a NO NO for him to have anything to do wrongly with anyoñe under his care. And this man is someone his daughter's will DIE for if need be. I thank God my brother is walking in his footsteps( though big).

Men these days need mentors from elderly men who succeeded in their marriages. I know Pastor Taiwo Odukoya used to run something strictly for men in his Fountain of life church.

Women, marry men u love but he MUST love u MORE so that where he needs to make sacrifices for u, he will do it effortlessly.... Men marry when u are READY for the hassles of marriage...

Let your husband get his own female relative to help u.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by SLOVFO(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
A man can do exactly that ...or haven't you heard of single fathers who nursed their own kids after their wives died ? Mtchww
Well, there's always an exception to the rule. But majority of men can't do that. And that just an aspect of an area where women excel well. There are countless others too. Have ever wondered why women get good divorce settlement in the western world? It get why..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Gentlevip: 6:01pm On May 10, 2023
I swear today's women are lazy and problematic

Our mothers and grandmother's had more children more responsibility, yet they stood by it. Nothing like my head, this husband sef, I Doo all the house and market bla bla bla

They became blessed and even healthier.

Hardwork is the key. Not selfish pamper

When una bring house help and the thing that is feared happen una go start blame devil.

Abeg make I commot from these ajebo self centered complains

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Kelechi009: 6:03pm On May 10, 2023
sharone21:

Be careful madam when a typical Nigerian man compliments u as a wife material. They want women to die early but are not ready to work as men without dragging women along 50:50 income formula saying men will be overstressed.

You look like a wife material to me though, Would you get to married & we share 50:50 like a good woman that you are cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by LugardD1: 6:09pm On May 10, 2023
Dey play.... bills too much this days, my guy know waiting him dey avoid, also safety of his kids.
Pray over it.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
Zooposki:

LoL. The baby does not let her sleep at night and the other kids will not let her sleep during the day. Oga, she says she just needs someone to hold the baby during the day while she naps.

When I tell Nigerian women that most Nigerian men hate them, they think I'm lying. The hate is subtle. Women, be wise and open your eyes.

This same men travel to Obodo Oyinbo and do most of the housework for their foreign counterpart even though they have a job. Nigerian women, shine ya eyes. Don't let these men use you as a mule.

Then stop praying for marriage and join the convent stupid and mule undecided
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Aguiyimba(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
[quote author=IyaebeTheGreat post=123052560] And that's enough reason not to follow doctor's advise over his wife's health? It mustn't be a live-in houshelp but she definitely needs one[/quot

His home, his decision.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by GoodCane: 6:11pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

Your husband will soon replace you soon. Keep becoming a parasite to him. If you have sense you Will invite your mother over. Nag too much and get replaced ASAP!
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Malawian(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2023
Bring your younger one to come spend holidays with you. A holiday that never ends.
Xerona:

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by kwasoly(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

Don't you have brothers and sisters?
If you know the danger involved in keeping house help you will understand what your man is avoiding.
Be wise woman
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by onlyboyson(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2023
madam relax buy washing machine and do other chores
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by DollarSigns(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Who be your kolos plug ni🤔, e hit

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / How Can My Parents Evict My Troublesome Uncles? / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.