Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings (15836 Views)

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings / Wedding Invitation With LP' Peter Obi And Datti In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Gentew(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2023
politicoNG:

https://sunnewsonline.com/presidential-polls-lp-obi-backs-atiku-on-live-broadcast-of-tribunals-proceedings/

These people are looking for a media trial, their concern is not about legal trial.....

Obi really need that publicity stunt to stay relevant until 2032

1 Like

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by sofeo(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2023
Alright

Let's see how it goes
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by slivertongue: 5:45pm On May 10, 2023
NewNg1:

Who knows you?
Jesus knows me
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by lexylaw40: 5:45pm On May 10, 2023
What deference will it make to the outcome of the tribunal. undecided
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by TruthHurts100: 5:45pm On May 10, 2023
nazicartel:
I want to understand something. Is there anything wrong with live proceedings?. Like it's just like only APC supporters are against it

They like operating in darkness. They were also announced winner in the dark. 4am. So they don't like anyone open and transparent
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Jaykay33(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2023
Good one by ATIKU &OBI.
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 10, 2023
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Seagodess(f): 5:46pm On May 10, 2023
What I know is.. tinubu won't be sworn in

2 Likes

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Bluntemperor: 5:46pm On May 10, 2023
Jones4190:
PDP and his children are confused

For our Judiciary,when they don't believe in the Judiciary themselves?
No please!
Remember how both LP and PDP got entangled in Emefiele's Cashless Nonsense!
Where are we with that Policy now?
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by culf: 5:50pm On May 10, 2023
It will make sense, I pray the tribunal will grant the application so we can follow the proceeding live
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Mrtaye: 5:51pm On May 10, 2023
lexylaw40:
What deference will that bring to the outcome of the tribunal.
Ehen but at least let's see it live
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by onuman: 5:51pm On May 10, 2023
Rikze:
shocked

Live broadcast would have been the way to go but I doubt the powers that be in the judiciary (which may have already been compromised) will want to allow that.

These cases are a huge test for our judicial system.

There must be relevant laws on whether or not a court hearing like this can be made for live viewing for the public.

The judges have no choice if the law favours it.
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Ofunaofu: 5:51pm On May 10, 2023
nazicartel:
I want to understand something. Is there anything wrong with live proceedings?. Like it's just like only APC supporters are against it

It is only the APC that is against it

Like thieves, they came to grab, steal and run away with the people's mandate

1 Like

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Mrtaye: 5:52pm On May 10, 2023
Gentew:

These people are looking for a media trial, their concern is not about legal trial.....

Obi really need that publicity stunt to stay relevant until 2032
Transparency is what they are talking about but na you know wetin u dey talk
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by bigdammyj: 5:53pm On May 10, 2023
Noted.
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Skillsnigeria: 5:54pm On May 10, 2023
Noted
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Masterito(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2023
It puts the judges on the spot. If deliver unfair judgement they will be remembered for that.
slivertongue:
Live broadcast ain't gonna anything to my mind. Judges don't compromise during trial but in secret
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Antipob777(f): 5:56pm On May 10, 2023
As far as I'm concerned, there will be no live proceedings.

Peter has been to tribunal before

Atiku has been to tribunal before

None called for live proceedings.

Peter obi still campaigning after election.

This man is indeed a big fool.

As far as I'm alive, there request will be dismissed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by BluntCrazeMan: 5:56pm On May 10, 2023
nazicartel:
They are just against anything which Obi supports.

They think Obi shouldn't be treated softly.
So, them no wan give him any slightest chance for anything.
Including breathing
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by ProphetM0hammad: 5:56pm On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:
Damn!

Obi my real niggar! Meanwhile, news has it that Tinubu has flown to France for medical treatment. Does this means Tinubu is above the courts in Nigeria? This is a man who ought to be in court to defend his bribery but he cowardly Ran away. I expect the judges to nullify and disqualify Tinubu with immediate effect! Man will be worst than buhari by far. Obi should quickly recover his stolen mandate for sanity to restore to Nigeria.

You are not up to date.

It's easier for Burkina Faso to win the world cup 20 times in a row than an ibo man to rule Nigeria

This court hearing is just a demonstration for 200 law students of usman danfodio University Sokoto.

You don't expect a president elect like Tinubu and people who have tangible things upcoming to come and sit beside obi to sleep in court.

But Asiwaju has sent his lawyers just to fulfill the slot for the sake of the students learning

1 Like

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Brownshoe: 5:57pm On May 10, 2023
This is not my problem now, I don japa already , am going to Japan so we had a stop over at Doha, so I just say make stroll to city small, guess what happen?
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by GoodCane: 5:57pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

You are not up to date.

It's easier for Burkina Faso to win the world cup 20 times in a row than an ibo man to rule Nigeria

This court hearing is just a demonstration for 200 law students of usman danfodio University Sokoto.

You don't expect a president elect like Tinubu and people who have tangible things upcoming to come and sit beside obi to sleep in court.

But Asiwaju has sent his lawyers just to fulfill the slot for the sake of the students learning

Come let today be the first and last time you'll ever quote me on nairaland again.
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by ProphetM0hammad: 5:59pm On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Come let today be the first and last time you'll ever quote me on nairaland again.
I just did,
So now shukudi hit your head on the wall and go and cry on live TV like your patron adaobi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by davidtemi(m): 6:00pm On May 10, 2023
We have 19days to swearing-in una still never knw where to head. Obi and Atiku pls be fast wit ur actions time is ticking pls.
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Gentew(m): 6:00pm On May 10, 2023
Mrtaye:

Transparency is what they are talking about but na you know wetin u dey talk

In your own tiny mind, you believe its the camera man that would bring about the transparency...... Obidients and logical reasoning are day & night
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 10, 2023
nazicartel:

Cos they knew foreigners will be watching..

The whole world is watching still

1 Like

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Mrtaye: 6:04pm On May 10, 2023
Gentew:

In your own tiny mind, you believe its the camera man that would bring about the transparency...... Obidients and logical reasoning are day & night
If you are not dubious then you shouldn't oppose live coverage... Donald Trump's recent trial was live so what's the fuss about or is there something else

1 Like

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by bentenny(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2023
Jones4190:
PDP and his children are confused.

I listened to a radio Raypower to be precised this morning where the commentators said that the supreme court held that form" EC8 "as signed by the political party agents, police and inec in the day of election is supreme. Bvas or IREV whatever are just secondary.

Bad news for Obidients and dino malaye.
funny enough labour party that didn't have agent is some of the polling units are claiming of winning election.
That's the opinion of the commentators!
The EC8 that was signed by the party agents emanated from the BVAS!
The IREV is important due to the guidelines and regulations of INEC about the electronic transmission of results from the Polling units!
This was buttressed by the SC judges that gave their final verdict on the osun state election!
So you think because LP didn't have enough agents hence the results will go against them?
I dey laugh U
Even in nasarrawa state that he won,I know of PDP and NNPP agents that were Obi supporters in the presidential election!
In Plateau state where Obi scored one of his highest votes,most of the party agents who were mostly PDP members were actually in support of Obi and sent their own results from their PU as evidence to the lawyers of Peter Obi!
Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by deyplay: 6:09pm On May 10, 2023
Jones4190:
PDP and his children are confused.

I listened to a radio Raypower to be precised this morning where the commentators said that the supreme court held that form" EC8 "as signed by the political party agents, police and inec in the day of election is supreme. Bvas or IREV whatever are just secondary.

Bad news for Obidients and dino malaye.
funny enough labour party that didn't have agent is some of the polling units are claiming of winning election.
u listened to the wrong Ray power

2 Likes

Re: LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings by Jones4190(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2023
bentenny:

That's the opinion of the commentators!
The EC8 that was signed by the party agents emanated from the BVAS!
The IREV is important due to the guidelines and regulations of INEC about the electronic transmission of results from the Polling units!
This was buttressed by the SC judges that gave their final verdict on the osun state election!
So you think because LP didn't have enough agents hence the results will go against them?
I dey laugh U
Even in nasarrawa state that he won,I know of PDP and NNPP agents that were Obi supporters in the presidential election!
In Plateau state where Obi scored one of his highest votes,most of the party agents who were mostly PDP members were actually in support of Obi and sent their own results from their PU as evidence to the lawyers of Peter Obi!
what do you understand by this statement "the Supreme Court held that β€œIt was imperative that the appellants (Oyetola and APC) produced the BIVAS machines or certified true copies of the BIVAS in evidence to show non-accreditation and over-voting.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Governor Elect Receives Certificate Of Return From Inec (pictures) / Reno Omokri's Twin Sons Are Handsome (Photo) / I Gave PDP N500m β€” Orji Kalu Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.