Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? (16333 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:25pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I've been told to try and move on and be strong. But how embarassed

I was in a similar situation to yours some years ago.
I lost my only sister to sickness. She was not supposed to die if she got the right care and support from her husband.
This was someone going through chemo, yet working her ass out. She fends for the whole family (pays house rent, feeding, other bills) and comes back to do all the house chores. Her husband being a lazy ass was not helping in any way even though he was not working, having lost his job. My only sister died under the weight of the burden of work and treatment. What a pity. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

So I quite understand how you feel right now because I have been there myself.

Dear, brace up. Be strong. Only you can help yourself in this situation. No one else.
Don't allow this weigh you down.
Whatever you are feeling is a natural reaction to the sad loss of your sister.
All I can say is "be strong for you and your parents"

May her soul continue to rest in pace.

Peace
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by DearGorgeous(f): 3:27pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I have been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. I know how deep the pain is, especially one so young, but you must try, albeit how hard, to embrace reality and find a way to let go. The scar will be there, you'll cry whenever you remember the things you used to do together, but you must learn to let go and move on.

See RoyalBlu, moving on will not be automatic and easy. In fact, it's going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done so far, but you really have to let go and move on.

I pray God to rest her soul, and give her loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable and irreplaceable loss.

April, 2023 was the fourth year I received that call that almost paused my own life too. The shock landed me in the hospital, but I thank God for the Grace to let go and move on myself.

It was one hell of a trial, but here I am now, advising someone else!

Even this time shall pass, no matter how long it drags.

*Hugs* from me to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Moniya4Real(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2023
You are bereaved and I actually feel your pain . I experienced a similar thing when I lost my mum, I loved her so much and her death was so painful to me that 8 years on, I still remember her often and more painful that I wasn’t able to make her happy before her demise
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by zakkxx: 3:39pm On May 12, 2023
Accept my deepest condolences! Keep calm! May God grant you peace!
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Divoc19(f): 4:02pm On May 12, 2023
money121:
Rip to our NairaLand members that are dead☠️ and we think they are offline🕊
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:06pm On May 12, 2023
DearGorgeous:

I have been there too, so I know exactly what you're going through. I know how deep the pain is, especially one so young, but you must try, albeit how hard, to embrace reality and find a way to let go. The scar will be there, you'll cry whenever you remember the things you used to do together, but you must learn to let go and move on.

See RoyalBlu, moving on will not be automatic and easy. In fact, it's going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done so far, but you really have to let go and move on.

I pray God to rest her soul, and give her loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable and irreplaceable loss.

April, 2023 was the fourth year I received that call that almost paused my own life too. The shock landed me in the hospital, but I thank God for the Grace to let go and move on myself.

It was one hell of a trial, but here I am now, advising someone else!

Even this time shall pass, no matter how long it drags.

*Hugs* from me to you.

Thank you sis. Ill get there.

It's well with us all that's have to pass through this.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by verifywithme(f): 4:14pm On May 12, 2023
I'm really so sorry and I understand your pains, I lost my sister in February during child birth and the shock is still living in me..
I nearly lost faith in God, I'm so helpless even seeing my Mum in tears, I regretted coming to this world that very day I lost my sister..
I'm so sorry about the death of your sister
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:14pm On May 12, 2023
Glock22:

Truth?

You’ll never get over it. You’ll just learn to move on and overcome the pain.

Years later, you’d often be overwhelmed by the loss, and will be unable to sleep at night.

Unsettling truth embarassed
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:19pm On May 12, 2023
verifywithme:
I'm really so sorry and I understand your pains, I lost my sister in February during child birth and the shock is still living in me..
I nearly lost faith in God, I'm so helpless even seeing my Mum in tears, I regretted coming to this world that very day I lost my sister..
I'm so sorry about the death of your sister

Oh no embarassed That's so sad.

Really sorry for your loss. I hope the baby is okay? It's well.

Grief has a way of messing up our minds but I'm trusting God to see us all through.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:21pm On May 12, 2023
Akumoney:
May the LORD Console you and your family. Shalom

Amen! Thank you.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nmezor(f): 4:34pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry for your loss dear. Do take heart, God knows best
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Faithfulness88: 5:34pm On May 12, 2023
May her soul rest in peace.
Take heart it's a gradual process.
Almighty God will comfort you.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by DearGorgeous(f): 5:50pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Thank you sis. Ill get there.

It's well with us all that's have to pass through this.

You are welcome.
Amen! Just try, ok?
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by JeffreyJunior: 5:54pm On May 12, 2023
It's been barely three weeks so allow yourself some more time to mourn.

Nothing should stop or distract you from mourning or else you'll find it hard to move on.

Sorry for your loss and even as you mourn, be strong.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

You are bereaved, so what you have been feeling is part of your grieving.

I will suggest though it sounds weird from where we come from, that you write a letter to your late younger sister.

You would certainly cry through the process but it would help in releasing some of the pains you are presently experiencing and you don't have to finish writing it in one sitting, take as much time as you want...it is very therapeutic.

When you are through with the writing, make out a private time and space to burn that letter, sit down and watch it burn as you try to remember the happy times with your sister.....it really helps as it is evidence-based.

May her soul rest in peace and God grant you and your family the strength to go through the loss.

I think I will try this too since you say its evidence-based. Though I lost my Sis almost 7 years ago. But I still miss her whenever her thoughts come to my mind.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Father4all: 6:18pm On May 12, 2023
TIME will heal you!
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Mindlog: 6:31pm On May 12, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

I think I will try this too since you say its evidence-based. Though I lost my Sis almost 7 years ago. But I still miss her whenever her thoughts come to my mind.

We were taught that in my undergrad's grief and loss counselling course. You can Google it up and I have used it severally with clients.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:34pm On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

We were taught that in my undergrad's grief and loss counselling course. You can Google it up and I have used it severally with clients.

Thanks very much, i will look it up. What if one also use that letter to say a prayer for those the deceased left behind as well. Something like telling the deceased to watch over the ones he/she left behind... Does that work too?
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Mindlog: 6:56pm On May 12, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

Thanks very much, i will look it up. What if one also use that letter to say a prayer for those the deceased left behind as well. Something like telling the deceased to watch over the ones he/she left behind... Does that work too?

It is personal to you, you can use that letter any way that makes you feel connected to that loved one...our process is so unique to us.

We never forget those who meant so much to us and when we are gone, there are those who would remember the beautiful moments they had with us before our transition.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:00pm On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

It is personal to you, you can use that letter any way that makes you feel connected to that loved one...our process is so unique to us.

We never forget those who meant so much to us and when we are gone, there are those who would remember the beautiful moments they had with us before our transition.

Hmmm very well said. Thanks once again. God bless
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 12, 2023
😲😲so sorry
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

😲so sorry, sis

.., my comfort for your loss
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Emdebby2: 7:56pm On May 12, 2023
Take heart and accept my deepest condolences 🙏. I've lost my eldest sister and immediate elder sister. The pain was much but God knows the best. With time you will heal. Life goes on.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Mindlog: 8:29pm On May 12, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

Hmmm very well said. Thanks once again. God bless

You are welcome....Amen
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Everbryte: 8:34pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry about your loss.

It is okay to grief. It is okay to cry, Whenever you feel like crying, go ahead & cry, it help you release the negative emotions - it is a healing process.

if you want to pretend to be strong, you bottle it up & & delay the healing process.

May God comfort & strengthen you & the entire family.

RoyalBlu:

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by McLizbae: 8:50pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Sorry sis. May God comfort you. No words of man, but only that of the almighty God can comfort you. Remain in God's warm arms sis.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Reeb2244: 8:56pm On May 12, 2023
money121:
Rip to our NairaLand members that are dead☠️ and we think they are offline🕊
Hmm.

Some might have been offline for some time now, but late now.

May we not die young and untimely death, in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by dandig(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2023
Yours is a matter of weeks . Mine's been 5years and I still see her in my dreams, think of her when I see other women( I'll be like this lady resemble my late elder sister...or if she were alive shey I would not be feeling this empty about having an elder sister and sole adviser).
As time goes by, I come dey do jobs, try to dey forget, wear myself out, made more friends to give me joy...and Here I am giving you a pat on your back and urging you to get very busy and follow my pattern

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Dozie32(m): 12:29am On May 13, 2023
Chai you will be fine.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by njelrapheal: 6:48am On May 13, 2023
RoyalBlu:

So sorry for your loss. Be consoled that she is on the other side, catholics pray for souls departed.. you too can be in commune with her that way.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Snowx: 7:46am On May 13, 2023
Sorry for your loss...you will pass over this just a little time..maY her soul rest in peace
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by skywalker240(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Up till today, I still feel the pain of losing my elder Brother to Cancer

The pain is unbearable, but life goes on

Thinking about it won't bring them back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can U Do This? With Pix / Woman Gives Birth To 8 Babies At Once (octupulets) / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.