Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? (16352 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Bestlily(f): 1:22pm On May 12, 2023
The truth is you can't do anything about it. But just know that this phase would pass. You can't be strong about it. Allow yourself to grieve and after that you would feel better.

My condolences RoyalBlu

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by jesmond3945: 1:24pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I've been told to try and move on and be strong. But how embarassed
only Jesus. Every time the thought or feeling comes just talk in your spirit and you would feel okay. Time heals.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by bigtt76(f): 1:27pm On May 12, 2023
Sending you hugs dear. It is very normal to feel the way you are right now. Think of what you can do to keep her memory alive - start a charity in her name to cater to young girls her age ...not an expensive one but use the charity to celebrate her birthday each year and you will see how it goes.

RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Staphylococcus: 1:30pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

It’s normal, trust me.

It’s not easy losing a loved one to the cold hands of death.

Ten years from now, situations will still arise and you will shed tears without knowing.

We emotional as humans, and it’s very normal
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by VanDerWaalforces: 1:35pm On May 12, 2023
So sorry dear! It is well.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by BinamRex: 1:39pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Be comforted Royal Blue. I also lost my sister in 2021. The feeling was crushing, and I thought I'd never get over it, but I did. Time heals all wounds. My sister's death still hurts like mad sometimes, but I have learn to deal with the pain.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by MN07: 1:40pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

See it as a gift of eternal rest God has given her.

She is too precious to continue and suffer like the rest of us still on this earth.

I for one have requested such great gift of death severally but it seems I'm too bad to get it at the moment.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by frozen70(f): 1:43pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Sorry about the loss, just mourn her till the pains fades away
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by sisisioge: 1:45pm On May 12, 2023
There are no words or acts to ease the pain....you will always remember her although time will ease the intensity of the pain. Sorry mama....it is well with you and yours. May God rest her well.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by godliman: 1:46pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry I can feel your pain. I lost 2 brothers and 1 sister between 2013 and 2018. So i can feel what you are feeling now. How was I able to cope?, The answer is; God and Time. If your loved ones died in Christ there is hope, they have been promoted and your responsibility is to prepare yourself to meet them someday. Time also has a way of healing all our wounds but you must let go and be willing to move on. When I lost my dad I thought my world has ended and there was nothing to live for. I was left alone one day without my wife and children around and I wept and cried until i could no longer breath. I told myself "you must stop this else you will ruin your own health and leave your family fatherless" I let go and let God have his way. So my dear, it is the way of all the earth, let go and let God. Finally remember the saying that 'Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot Heal' Remain Blessed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by wengerman: 1:53pm On May 12, 2023
Take heart ,it is well with your soul. If you have never been there ,you can never know the depth of the pain. I also lost my immediate elder sister last week Tuesday ,2nd of may and she was buried last week thursday.we were just too close . It is our aged mom that is almost 80 that is now consoling me. It is not easy my sister but I pray God will console you.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by isabi2lof: 2:07pm On May 12, 2023
Take heart dear
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by inforesource: 2:23pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Do not try to force yourself to forget it, it won't work. Allow time to heal you while you make sure you keep focus on your future.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Glock22: 2:23pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Truth?

You’ll never get over it. You’ll just learn to move on and overcome the pain.

Years later, you’d often be overwhelmed by the loss, and will be unable to sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Sorry for your loss, this is why I hate it when people talk of kill, murder etc of another person forgetting that for everyone dead person there are alot of grieving family members out there, you maybe never know until it happens close home. Just confort yourself with the thought that she is resting now from from the pains and stress of this world.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by CaptMarvel(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

take heart. If she die through sickness, she possibly have gone to the afterlife, if she died through accident she might just be reincarnated back to earth soon.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by babaRUNtinz(m): 2:30pm On May 12, 2023
Just keep yourself together, na only you go fit console yourself ó.. I know what it feels to lose a beloved. Last last, everyone will still taste death... that's the bitter truth.

It is well.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by sync(f): 2:31pm On May 12, 2023
It is well dear
God will give you strength daily. Time is indeed a healer, you will feel better with time
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Odunharry(m): 2:31pm On May 12, 2023
I pray God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss. Try and be strong.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2023
I am deeply sorry for your loss. The loss of a loved one can be deeply challenging to deal with, especially when they die young. However, when we hold on to the promises made by the true God Jehovah, it helps to ease our pain. Jehovah cannot tell a lie.

There was once a young woman like yourself who lost her dearly loved brother at a young age. She was devastated as you are. But she had hope that she will see him again. She had hoped that one of her family friends who was the most powerful human to have ever lived, was going to come on time and save her brother before he died from his illness. That friend did not arrive her family home until four days after her brother's death. You can read the hope she expressed to that most powerful man when he finally arrived. She ( Martha) said to Jesus Christ " Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection+ on the last day.” | John 11 vs 24

- Jehovah has promised that a time will come when His son Jesus Christ will resurrect those who have died | John 5 vs 28.

- God has promised that faithful humans will be resurrected right here on this earth which He created for humans. He also promised that those resurrected will not die as He promised to do away with death which He calls "the Last Enemy".

The name of that God is Jehovah. | Psalm 83 vs 18.

Go to Him in prayer and ask Him to help you bear this most difficult of losses. He is Love. He will listen and He will help you bear this loss. He enjoys helping those who come to Him in spirit and in truth. He is also very eager to resurrect those who die faithful to Him. | Job 14 vs 15.

I wish you well.

RoyalBlu:

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by j64real(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2023
I know what it means to lose a love one, trust me I do. I pray God will give you the fortitude to overcome the loss. Be strong for her.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Aremson14(m): 2:38pm On May 12, 2023
We all cope with grief differently. There is no template. You just have to wake up every morning and keep trying. Sometimes it gets better sometimes you would just remember her and break down even after years of her death. If ur a religious person keep her in your prayers
. At the end we all owe death and he would certainly come and take what is his no matter how long u run away or powerful you are, I doubt if in a 100 years any of us would be alive. Again sorry for ur loss
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2023
I am sorry for your loss. Death is certain to stalk each one of us.

There is a promise by one of those who met and worked with the most powerful human who ever lived on this earth. John knew Jesus intimately and he wrote that the time will come [b]when all those in the grave [/b]will hear the voice of Jesus Christ and come out to everlasting life. (John 5 vs 28). It is that hope that we all should hold onto , especially as Jesus had already demonstrated to us that he is able to bring back the dead. He did it with Lazarus, the son of the widow of Nain and a host of others.

BinamRex:

Be comforted Royal Blue. I also lost my sister in 2021. The feeling was crushing, and I thought I'd never get over it, but I did. Time heals all wounds. My sister's death still hurts like mad sometimes, but I have learn to deal with the pain.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Teema4720(f): 2:46pm On May 12, 2023
Eyahhhh, so sorry for ur loss. the thought of my sister relocating to another state sef makes me cry let alone missing her for life... pls put urself together. May God console u.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by OnyeFely: 2:52pm On May 12, 2023
Not always easy to MOVE ON, lost my elder sister in 2018,June 8,@50yrs.. Last Feb, I cried over her death, a man over 40. My go on with life,, may God continue to heal ur broken heart.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Moneyboyz: 3:00pm On May 12, 2023
The sudden realization that everyone you loved and cared about will die and leave you behind some day is devastating, what's more devastating is that all you've worked hard for years to build will someday become someone's else when you die is even more devastating.

We are all gonna die bro, hold her memory dear to your heart and look after the legacy she left behind if she has any.
You will be fine, it's only a matter of time.

My father lost 2 of his sister's and one of their husband's recently, the husband died due to shock of losing his wife leaving behind 5 small kids.
I feel sorry for him now because another one of his sister is now critically sick due to the shock of losing her sister. She may not make it, I fear my dad would be devastated and what might happen after.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by PreyingMantis(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

The pain is unimaginable... But time heals and you'll definitely move on. Just continue to be strong
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by BinamRex: 3:07pm On May 12, 2023
NemoDatQuod:
I am sorry for your loss. Death is certain to stalk each one of us.

There is a promise by one of those who met and worked with the most powerful human who ever lived on this earth. John knew Jesus intimately and he wrote that the time will come [b]when all those in the grave [/b]will hear the voice of Jesus Christ and come out to everlasting life. (John 5 vs 28). It is that hope that we all should hold onto , especially as Jesus had already demonstrated to us that he is able to bring back the dead. He did it with Lazarus, the son of the widow of Nain and a host of others.

Thanks a lot, @NemoDatQuod. Your words are kind and comforting. God bless you.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Berankis: 3:12pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Try and make good friends around to hasten the healing. We all are in God's hands, anyone can go at anytime. It's a normal feeling and won't go away very fast but you need something or someone/some people to keep your mind off the loss.
May the Lord strengthen you sis!
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by loliapoopy2013(f): 3:23pm On May 12, 2023
Accept my deepest condolences. 3 weeks is still fresh. May the God of all comfort, comfort you. Time will heal you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / 5 Easy Ways To Practice Self-love / Her Husband Refuses To Eat Her Food For Up To 3 Weeks And She Doesn't Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.