Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? (9781 Views)

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / Another Student Gang-violation Incidence At The University Of Benin (with Video) / ABSU Gang Violation Suspect Has Been Identified – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2011
Here's the legal definition of violation in Nigerian law:
"Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent,
or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm,
or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act,
or in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband,
is guilty of an offence which is called violation."

Based on the above definition, any reasonable person will agree with me that the event that took place in the ABU video was, in fact, violation.  No question about it.  It's not even debatable.  They used force, they threatened her, and intimidated her to get her cooperation.  No question about that.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Seun(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2011
If you blackmail a girl to get her to sleep with you, it's rape.
If you sleep with your twin brother's wife pretending to be him, it's rape.
If you slap and hit a girl and threaten to hold her for 2 days if she "doesn't cooperate", it's rape.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
You said it all Seun

Any MAN who sees that video,and still doubts that it is rape ,needs to have his head checked.

I say only MEN because every woman knows that it is PURE rape.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
To me, I don't think it was a case of violation. This is a university we are talking about, people do wild things which includes intimacy. Yes it was a case of 5 men and a girl but according to the report gotten from the video, she did not struggle but only tried to push one of the guys a couple of times which we know women do even with their lover. Perfectly normal.

Although there was also a point she said so reluctantly "kill me" there was not scream or what ever and she said just once within the space of 3 seconds and did not repeat it again. Which rape victim does that ?

Maybe it can be called sexual harassment because it was recorded and according to our moral standard of Nigeria, that was bad but I am not sure if it could be classified as rape.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by r231(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2011
where is the video sef undecided
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2011
@alj_harem

You amaze me.That girl had bruises on her body which clearly showed she tried fighting them off.And how do you expect a girl to beat off 5 evil young men anyway?

In my view,she was a smart girl to calm down a bit otherwise they would have killed her and tossed her body in some bush
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by armyofone(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2011
my hope is that those guys are punished for their evil. they are just pure evil.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
Ok. Since this is lord seun's arena, let me see who will banned me again for the so-called defending of "ra[b]p[/b]ist". That said.

I will want us to hear the other side of the story before crucifying those guys. Agreed, they did a very bad thing by putting their escapade of tape, is that enough to be call violation?

An innocent man was just slaughtered in USA, without allowing his defence team to produce appeal for the case. Is that what you people here want?
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
Ok. Since this is lord seun's arena, let me see who will banned me again for the so-called defending of "ra[b]p[/b]ist". That said.

I will want us to hear the other side of the story before crucifying those guys. Agreed, they did a very bad thing by putting their escapade of tape, is that enough to be call violation?

An innocent man was just slaughtered in USA, without allowing his defence team to produce appeal for the case. Is that what you people here want?
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
alj_harem:

To me, I don't think it was a case of violation. This is a university we are talking about, people do wild things which includes intimacy. Yes it was a case of 5 men and a girl but according to the report gotten from the video, she did not struggle but only tried to push one of the guys a couple of times which we know women do even with their lover. Perfectly normal.

Although there was also a point she said so reluctantly "kill me" there was not scream or what ever and she said just once within the space of 3 seconds and did not repeat it again. Which violation victim does that ?

Maybe it can be called intimate harassment because it was recorded and according to our moral standard of Nigeria, that was bad but I am not sure if it could be classified as violation.

This is university and people do wild things?

She didn't struggle?

She reluctantly said "kill me"

Are you fccking kidding me with this crap??!!!

You know what, I take that back. . .having read the rest of your post, I understand your frame of mind. Seeing as we don't want a repeat of this, let me clear something up for you. . . a woman pushing you away several times before sexxx is NOT normal. [b]GET IT? IT IS NOT NORMAL!!!! [/b]So if you've ever gone ahead with the deed despite the pushing away, consider yourself a R A P I S T with a capital R!!!

The same wannabe despoiler who are saying the girl didn't struggle enough with five guys are the same guys who will cower in fear when confronted by men their size.

Long Hissssssssssssssss!! angry

@ Rhino.4dm
We "heard" you the first time, no need to repeat yourself. . .if what you are saying sef added any value to the discourse we will understand.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Johndoe100(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
I am amazed at the definition of rape. So if I stumble across a chick who has just stolen something say, znd I offer to keep quiet in exchange for a shag, is that rape?
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
Johndoe100:

I am amazed at the definition of violation. So if I stumble across a chick who has just stolen something say, znd I offer to keep quiet in exchange for a sleep with, is that violation?
While I am sickened by you and your ilk, I do appreciate the fact that you are aware and have accepted your hideousness, you know the only way on earth you can get a girl to sleep with you is through r a p e and blackmail.

Good for you!!!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
MrPrsdent:

@alj_harem

You amaze me.That girl had bruises on her body which clearly showed she tried fighting them off.And how do you expect a girl to beat off 5 evil young men anyway?

In my view,she was a smart girl to calm down a bit otherwise they would have killed her and tossed her body in some bush

I really doubt that but it is good she did the right thing so we do not tempt the devil.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Are you fccking kidding me with this crap??!!!

You know what, I take that back. . .having read the rest of your post, I understand your frame of mind. Seeing as we don't want a repeat of this, let me clear something up for you. . . a woman pushing you away several times before sexxx is NOT normal. [b]GET IT? IT IS NOT NORMAL!!!! [/b]So if you've ever gone ahead with the deed despite the pushing away, consider yourself a R A P I S T with a capital R!!!

The same wannabe despoiler who are saying the girl didn't struggle enough with five guys are the same guys who will cower in fear when confronted by men their size.

Long Hissssssssssssssss!! angry

Sisi mi no vex for me na. I am not part of the rapist o grin

On a serious note, different women with different why of getting sexual desire. Some like the pushing a bit so they would look special in the eyes of the man while others like you might be indifferent.

Women say rubbish on the bed when they meant the right man doing them right wink . Some say[i] Harem leave me alone it is ok, i do not want[/i] Only to be pulling you closer there body.

So sisi mi, Although I agree with you that it should not repeat itself again given that it is considered as rape and it is women's right thing.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yeah! Yeah!!
Mis_i_too _sabi is here. FYI, It was a network problem and i wasn't reposting that post, infact i had to delete the third one. I guess thats how you judge your case by assuming and making up things. smh.

Thesame people will later want to claim objectivity??

BTW i wasn't replying you and you dont have the right to tell me what to think.  Like i said ealier, those who are crying more than the bereaved should prove to us that this a violation case. Am i asking too much?

What transpired between tham prior to the recording? . . .speculating champions will want us to believe anything.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by armyofone(m): 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
i remember being told a story of a nig student who rap.ed a classmate.
the girl said 'NO' the guy went ahead not minding her struggle and pleading. the guy was sent to jail.
in civilized world, forcing a woman is a huge crime.

you don't just do it! we are not cavemen or animals and pls stop behaving like one (this is for potential forcers who wouldn't take NO from a girl). when a woman says no, take it no matter how h.orny you are.

5 pple having s.ex with one woman is just plain EVIL. Let's not defend their action. we have female in our families and for that alone, let's be careful.
college/university is a place for studies. 5 students on a girl is just too repulsing and i found it so hard to understand why a group of young men could do something of such *smh* for sake of fun?? what is fun inflicting pains on someone else?
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
alj_harem:

Although there was also a point she said so reluctantly "kill me" there was not scream or what ever and she said just once within the space of 3 seconds and did not repeat it again. Which violation victim does that ?

Maybe it can be called intimate harassment because it was recorded and according to our moral standard of Nigeria, that was bad but I am not sure if it could be classified as violation.

Jesus Christ!!! Now this has to be the height anyone can attain in ignorance.
When my parents used to tell me to expose and broaden my mind I didn't get it, now I finally understand what they were talking about. shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Education is good o, chineke me!!! cheesy
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
Rhino.4dm:

Yeah! Yeah!!
Mis_i_too _sabi is here. FYI, It was a network problem and i wasn't reposting that post, infact i had to delete the third one. I guess thats how you judge your case by assuming and making up things. smh.

Thesame people will later want to claim objectivity??

BTW i wasn't replying you and you dont have the right to tell me what to think.  Like i said ealier, those who are crying more than the bereaved should prove to us that this a violation case. Am i asking too much?

What transpired between tham prior to the recording? . . .speculating champions will want us to believe anything.

Oya come here, ma bi nu, oko mi, so ti gbo. . .

You too when adults are talking don't interrupt them with your[i] ta ta to to[/i]. . .ehn, it is rude. Oya stop crying. Stop crying naa. . .I won't buy biscuit for you oh. Abi is it sweet you? Okay I will buy you sweet and biscuit. . go and clean your nose first. Haba! Iwo omo yi. . . .don't use your sleeve naa, that's bad habit. Go and get tissue jo. Hurry up or I will leave you oh.

Sisi watches indulgently as Rhino's runs as fast as his little legs can carry him

Children, you can't stay mad at them.  smiley
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Johndoe100(m): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

While I am sickened by you and your ilk, I do appreciate the fact that you are aware and have accepted your hideousness, you know the only way on earth you can get a girl to sleep with you is through r a p e and blackmail.

Good for you!!!

Do you really believe the crap you posted here? Are you so deluded? Anyway we all know that inbreeding produces mentally subnormal offspring. We will continue with the fiction that your grandfather "forced" your mother. However we all know what a slut she is don't we? How did you put it? Ahh yes I remember "she knows how to get things done with men".
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Sep 27, 2011
@Moderator, I think a second eye needs to be focused on many of those on here who believe this is consensual, even with what the video shows. Is it possible to at least get these people, well maybe their records forwarded to the authorities so if they have ever been involved in such acts, they be investigated in some way, and at least face the music, if guilty. I do not see how anyone with a soul could excuse such degrading treatment of another human being.  cry cry cry cry cry 

I usually do not point at persons, but I suspect some of these young men were raised to believe that violation is OK, and ensuring all those around us who are in anyway involved in the perpetration of these crimes against humanity, are punished or made to face the music is a good way to start in eradicating this scourge.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 12:25am On Sep 27, 2011
@Johndoe100
Lmfao! At least papi can say he was with a real woman and he didn't a vulgar r a p e video to get it on.

Say, how's your blow up doll of a wife? Be careful with her now, I know that r a p e video got you all turned on but remember 'em dolls are easily deflated. . .so go easy on it. We don't want you humping the light poles all over the place like a dog. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 27, 2011
inasmuch as none of the 5 guys saw anything wrong with the act, and they went ahead taking turns without putting the victim in the shoes of their sister
then i think they should be sentenced to like 25 yrs.

that will serve as a deterrent to the likes of alh_harem and rhino and help put them in the right frame of mind, cos it appears these 2 will follow suit, infact if an opportunity presents itself, they will gladly take turns
loosers
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nekai(f): 12:55am On Sep 27, 2011
While there are young women out there that would willingly have sex with 5 guys at once, I can guarantee that those same types of girls would clearly be involved in the action, and not sitting there half-clothed, and being tossed around like a piece of garbage.

My verdict: Rape.

Btw, to those 'men' that think otherwise, you are entitled to your opinion. A reluctant woman who proceeds with having sex is not always raped, however when you have to resort to holding her arms down and physically pushing her around during the act, that maaaay just be an indication that you have crossed the line.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by violent(m): 12:57am On Sep 27, 2011
I have lost respect for a number of people on this forum!. . . It's unfortunate that there are still a cavemen in this day and age who view women as objects for mere satisfaction, and brazenly, these same sets of early men would be the furiously foaming all over the place if their mum was a victim and "she only pushed the seventh guy humping her away" weakly!

what's more  stoopid?  someone thinks it's highly improbably that this couldn't be a r'ape case simply because the events took place on the University grounds, and "students like to do wild things". . .i assume this ediot probably considers "begging for death" a request that could only come about in a moment of wild ecstasy!

You dogs make me sick!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by kabukabu50(m): 12:58am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Tts Ra-pe, no doubt about it but given the fact that Nigeria is populated by people who don't seem to grasp the pain and pyschological torment that a woman goes through whne a man or men take advantage of her,

People like you,who are caught up in political correctness who refuse to stand up for womens rights everywhere are letting all women down.

Seriously, the video tape clearly incriniates these perpetrators in this crime??

What else is there to determine??Why all of a sudden, nigerian men have once again shown themselves to be hesitant to allow females justice??

Once again it is clearly seen that is the case in nigeria,that crimes against women play second fiddle The men will say two things

1)She was flirting around with the guys
or
2)She was dressed promiscously.

Im dead sick of this hypocrisy that has taken hold in nigerian culture, we are better than this by far, this is not Afghanistan or Pakistan.

If you men won't stand up for your mothers,wives and daughters, who will
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Moderator, I think a second eye needs to be focused on many of those on here who believe this is consensual, even with what the video shows. Is it possible to at least get these people, well maybe their records forwarded to the authorities so if they have ever been involved in such acts, they be investigated in some way, and at least face the music, if guilty. I do not see how anyone with a soul could excuse such degrading treatment of another human being.  cry cry cry cry cry 

I usually do not point at persons, but I suspect some of these young men were raised to believe that violation is OK, and ensuring all those around us who are in anyway involved in the perpetration of these crimes against humanity, are punished or made to face the music is a good way to start in eradicating this scourge.

ROFLOL . . . . yawa don gas for alj harem tongue

But seriously, its so hard to believe that anybody could debate that this barbaric act is not a violation. shocked
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by kabukabu50(m): 1:12am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^^^^He's got plenty of experience with cases like thses obviously, thats the norm in a lot of communities in the north,where women are treated like second class citizens and property, child brides and all that utter bullcrap. cool

If you folks lose an entire generation of upstanding women, at least you know whose fault it is, its men like him who are chavanistic and sexist to the core. grin
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Pharoh: 1:22am On Sep 27, 2011
It was clearly a rape and the law prescribes a life imprisonment for those found guilty and also women do rape guys in this same Nigeria. They should however be taken to a court so they can defend themselves before the appropriate judgment is applied in this case. What transpired before the sad events should also come to the open, we all need to learn lessons from this case especially the ladies.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 1:30am On Sep 27, 2011
stillwater:

Jesus Christ!!! Now this has to be the height anyone can attain in ignorance.
When my parents used to tell me to expose and broaden my mind I didn't get it, now I finally understand what they were talking about. shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Education is good o, chineke me!!! cheesy

Ignorance ? !!!

I am sure you schooled in a Nigerian University and surely you know of some of this things
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 1:32am On Sep 27, 2011
kabukabu50:

Tts Ra-pe, no doubt about it but given the fact that Nigeria is populated by people who don't seem to grasp the pain and pyschological torment that a woman goes through whne a man or men take advantage of her,

People like you,who are caught up in political correctness who refuse to stand up for womens rights everywhere are letting all women down.

Seriously, the video tape clearly incriniates these perpetrators in this crime??

What else is there to determine??Why all of a sudden, nigerian men have once again shown themselves to be hesitant to allow females justice??

Once again it is clearly seen that is the case in nigeria,that crimes against women play second fiddle The men will say two things

1)She was flirting around with the guys
or
2)She was dressed promiscously.

Im dead sick of this hypocrisy that has taken hold in nigerian culture, we are better than this by far, this is not Afghanistan or Pakistan.

If you men won't stand up for your mothers,wives and daughters, who will

LOOl kabukabu

Surely it would be considered as rape now given the fact that most women are protesting grin

We should ask ourselves why she did not scream in the video ?

well rape is rape sha. and it is a crime
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by iykak47: 1:41am On Sep 27, 2011
so even rape has 'guyname'  called violation  but i  believe violation means many things while rape has one meaning. if the guys are convicted, will they not be called rapists, the same word many people on nairaland are avoiding to use, i dont understand. naija  like to de form cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. / Police Arrest Two Masquerades In Ondo For Stealing N370,000 / Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.