Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? (9714 Views)

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / Another Student Gang-violation Incidence At The University Of Benin (with Video) / ABSU Gang Violation Suspect Has Been Identified – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
eldee:

You do not have locus standi, you have no legal interest in this case, neither do you have any right to this case before the court.
And WTF is a 'profound lawyer in progress'?? Is progress a new area of law? Or how can you be a profound law student? Sit the eff down bro.

We should be calm and not quick to judgement? Well, I'll also like to inform you of the important fact that the Pope is catholic.

B.S . . . the law on violation is clear, it leaves no space for ambiguity.
Criminal law, unlike most areas of law are made clear enough for the 'layman' to understand in other to plan his affairs not to contradict it.

Again, I call B.S. We have no power to convict them, all we have said is that . . . using the basic reasonable man test, that case is obvious violation.
In the eyes of the reasonable man, they are rapists. . .end of.
No one has brought up ignorance of the law . . . I'm afraid this point is irrelevant.
So basically, you agree with people that reckon they're rapists? Or you think they're sleazy?

Anyway whatever, it's these kind of things that make me side the LPC over Nigerian Law School . . . clouding issues in the name of analysing the situation.

you forget that one of the rapist is also 'a lawyer' who was blathering about 'a contract' nigerians and empty headed bravado. . .
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by delpee(f): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
@BetaThings

True talk. New lessons learnt for my kids benefit at least. Its a strange world these days.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Orikinla(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2011
I have said it before that majority of Nigerian guys have intimidated their so called girlfriends into sex. By the legal analysis of rape, then a girl forcing herself on a guy is rape. Many girls uploading their half naked photos on Facebook are also guilty. Nigeria has gone to the dogs!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by eldee(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
oyb:

you forget that one of the despoiler is also 'a lawyer' who was blathering about 'a contract'  nigerians and empty headed bravado. . .

True . . . I remember how idiotic that guy sounded when he went "I'm a law student".  He's prolly crammed a million outdated Latin phrases too.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On Sep 28, 2011
Orikinla:

I have said it before that majority of Nigerian guys have intimidated their so called girlfriends into sex. By the legal analysis of violation, then a girl forcing herself on a guy is violation. Many girls uploading their half Unclad photos on Facebook are also guilty. Nigeria has gone to the dogs! 

So a gal uploading pictures of HER OWN SELF, is GUILTY of What? I mean it is NOT ILLEGAL to upload your own pictures. . . . UNCLAD or CLAD on facebook. It is NOT ILLEGAL to even walk around half clothed in Nigeria, but you deem it violation?? How? Are you OK?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Sep 28, 2011
delpee:

@BetaThings

True talk. New lessons learnt for my kids benefit at least. Its a strange world these days.

It is not a strange world at all. It is a world in which people look the other way when they ought to stand and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The rest of the world is learning to respect women . . . even Saudi Arabia has taken steps in the right direction. But in Africa, the picture remains gloomy for women and children alike. To this very day, slavery is rampant. African women are being rap-ed and traded like sand as sex slaves, and yet the women and so-called fathers continue to raise monsters like the men in the picture who believe a score is when you ra-pe a women and objectify her.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kunbee: 1:12am On Sep 28, 2011
I couldn't even watch the video for long

It was r/a/p/e

Am glad i didn't vote for Uti to win BBA, what he said on twitter was crap
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by lepasharon(f): 2:12am On Sep 28, 2011
i think i herd her in the video say try another style? shocked shocked
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Outstrip(f): 2:47am On Sep 28, 2011
Do you think it is easy to handle 5 guys for any period of time in one position. She would be crazy to not ask them to try another position. It just shows you that she was in pain
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2011
Kunbee:

I couldn't even watch the video for long

It was r/a/p/e

Am glad i didn't vote for Uti to win BBA, what he said on twitter was crap

http://ynaija.com/big-brother%E2%80%99s-uti-questions-absu-rape-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%9Ci-won%E2%80%99t-follow-the-crowd%E2%80%9D-he-says

2010 Big Brother Africa winner, Uti Nwachukwu appears not convinced the infamous ABSU 5 should be labeled rapists, judging from the video. Airing his view via his Twitter handle, @SirUti, he believes there isn’t enough evidence in the video to conclude the act is rape.

“Careful before u pull out the R word, watch that Video and do not join MASSES in “follow follow” see urself b4 u comment,” he tweeted in a conversation about the ABSU five with another Twitter user.

His other tweets also suggest he has a different opinion on the incident.

“I nor wan talk before dem say, I de talk dis or dat, omo dat thing get BETA KLEG!!! Trust me pulling out the R word is——,” Uti tweeted.

Other tweets from the BBA winner on the ABSU5 are: “It a BARBArIc ACT to record sexual innuendos with ANYONE, THAT ITSELF is a crime! The question is, what LeD TO SUCH a DIsgraceful ACT”; “see ehn, that Video has a lot more to it! I say before anyone SAYS anything, they should See it 4demselves and LIISSTTEENNNNN!!!!”and “see ehn.I nor wam talk, but ehn.something is not right there!And I hrd they are releasin photos of the ‘BOYS’!#naijabewarned.”

Earlier this month, a 10minutes video of five men having sex with a lady that appeared to be helpless was released on the internet drawing wide condemnation.

completely wasted generation . . .
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by rabzy: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^^^
BBA is a wasted show, i have never watched it, its not entertaining to me in any way and i am not surprised when one of their best said the above. The characters they showcase are either comical at best and insane at worst.
crass nonsense.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by somegirl1: 11:45am On Sep 28, 2011
I find it amazing that anyone would question whether the act was consensual or not.
Only 10 mins of the girl's ordeal was shown. The entire ordeal with 5 guys couldn't have lasted 10 mins.
We don't know if she had screamed and then calmed down. One can't scream none stop for an hr, two hours or however long it lasted.

Even if she did know one or more of the guys, i doubt she planned to sleep with all five and as a very smart person on here observed, she was tossed around and treated like garbage.
She wasn't even fully unclothed like one who was up for it.
My eyes almost popped out of my skull from the shock of the disrespect shown to the girl by those guys who have mothers and perhaps sisters.

That was definitely violation. Sadly, it isn't uncommon in Africa but many go unpunished because few victims come forward.
For those whose opinion is that she got herself into it, a visit by a girl to her male coursemate or friend which many of us have innocently done should not be punishable by violation.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Outstrip(f): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
I have heard that Uti Nwachukwu name before. I will certainly google him and boycott anything he is on until he personally apologizes to that girl. Bast---ard
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kunbee: 12:55am On Sep 29, 2011
^^He won bba5 last year, Nigerians did a lot of kurukere before he could win. If you go to the nairaland thread, you will see what i mean. He wasnt supposed to win but he did.

oyb:

completely wasted generation . . .

Very depressing generation.

He later changed his story saying he didn't mean it like that, when some ladies dealt with him. Saying that s/e/x tape is a crime and he doesn't believe there is a one-hour tape.

I cant believe he is an ambassador, if you don't think its violation. Don't go on a social networking site to air your views over a sensitive matter as this, his big mouth will get him into trouble one day. And am sure he won't delete those tweets

Idiocy in its raw form
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by lepasharon(f): 2:28am On Sep 29, 2011
Well,in a patriactic society ur gonna get men with their primitive ways thinking,its ok to rape their Gfs,wifes nd hookers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-months Old Baby Girl Raped By 27-year-old Uncle (GRAPHIC PHOTO) / Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader / Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.