Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? (9715 Views)

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / Another Student Gang-violation Incidence At The University Of Benin (with Video) / ABSU Gang Violation Suspect Has Been Identified – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 1:45am On Sep 27, 2011
This is why I blame the upbringing many of the young people we have in Nigeria today get from both their parents and society. They grow up in houses where their parents probably never take time to educate them on why they ought to "DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEY WOULD LIKE OTHERS TO DO TO EM". and so many more are probably made to believe that as males, they are ENTITLED to getting what they want, from those around them.

So many of our parents, mothers included, no longer take time to ensure their children understand why taking advantage of the weaker sex, or any other person is completely wrong, and against God.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 27, 2011
kabukabu50:

People like you,who are caught up in political correctness who refuse to stand up for womens rights everywhere are letting all women down.

Seriously, the video tape clearly incriniates these perpetrators in this crime??

What else is there to determine??[s]Why all of a sudden, nigerian men have once again shown themselves to be hesitant to allow females justice[/s]??

Once again it is clearly seen that is the case in nigeria,that crimes against women play second fiddle The men will say two things

1)She was flirting around with the guys
or
2)She was dressed promiscously.

Im dead sick of this hypocrisy that has taken hold in nigerian culture, we are better than this by far, this is not Afghanistan or Pakistan.

If you men won't stand up for your mothers,wives and daughters, who will?
??

Very wrong analysis my friend.
In fact the reverse seem to be the case.

I was chatting up a young lady from Uniport. . . . the young lady was just about the same age with the lady that was supposedly raped in the video. Guess what her response was when I advocated for life imprisonment for the rapists?

"No be she carry herself go there?"

To the best of my knowledge, Nigerian women have contributed much more than their male counterpart in making womanhood a "joke" in this country. angry
What are women doing about underage marriage. . . or is that not a more serious case of violation?
What are women doing about circumcision?
The list of how women have aided the menfolks to bastardize their self worth and turned them into objects of sex in Nigeria is staggering.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Outstrip(f): 1:47am On Sep 27, 2011
Not really suprised that johndoe is a rapist but the other two guys I seriously pity you people. Only God knows how many people you have raped. I guess a girl needs to stand up and say with all the seriousness in her face when she says no. Next we will blame the girl for waking up that morning. Hopefully your victims will speak up
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Outstrip(f): 1:48am On Sep 27, 2011
nuzo:

I was chatting up a young lady from Uniport. . . . the young lady was just about the same age with the lady that was supposedly violated in the video. Guess what her response was when I advocated for life imprisonment for the rapists?

To the best of my knowledge, Nigerian women have contributed much more than their male counterpart in making womanhood a "joke" in this country. angry
What are women doing about underage marriage. . . or is that not a more serious case of violation?
The list of how women have aided the menfolks to bastardize their self worth and turned them into objects of sex in Nigeria is staggering.

I wish you were lying
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 1:50am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

LOOl kabukabu

Surely it would be considered as violation now given the fact that most women are protesting grin

We should ask ourselves why she did not scream in the video  ?

well violation is violation sha. and it is a crime
Dude I like you. . .that's why I'm just gonna beg to please stop.

The more you write, the more I cringe in embarrassment for you.

Now is not the time to do one of your straddling the fence moves. . .what is bad is bad, there are no grey areas.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 1:53am On Sep 27, 2011
Outstrip:

Not really suprised that johndoe is a despoiler but the other two guys I seriously pity you people. Only God knows how many people you have violated. I guess a girl needs to stand up and say with all the seriousness in her face when she says no. Next we will blame the girl for waking up that morning. Hopefully your victims will speak up
No a girl has to go Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee on 5 guys at once while screaming like a demented banshee to show she doesn't want sexxx
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Sep 27, 2011
nuzo:

I was chatting up a young lady from Uniport. . . . the young lady was just about the same age with the lady that was supposedly violated in the video. Guess what her response was when I advocated for life imprisonment for the rapists?

You are not lying at all!! These men came from homes and probably have their mothers fighting to get them free . . . .  even without considering what their sons have done to this woman. I am betting one of them have even uttered the words "the gal is an ashawo" so she can win one for her son or something.

That is why I believe change that will yield much needs to start with woman -- mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc. Especially those who have made excuses for this injustice, and continue to.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Ignorance ? !!!

I am sure you schooled in a Nigerian University and surely you know of some of this thing

Some of which 'thing'? Ohhh 'wild things', roftlmao!!!!!!
Mr. Man try and educate yourself before speaking, ask people, surf the internet if you are in doubt.
There's no excuse in this time and age for such ignorance.
Let me give you a brief on where I school.
Rape is taken seriously there. In fact, there are posters on the restroom doors that tell you whom to contact if you've been raped. When a woman says no even if she's a prostitute and you go ahead to sleep with her you are a rap.ist. The police would hound you down. That is how civilized people do it.
So I don't know the 'thing' you are referring to. God forbid I should know. Don't wish evil on me if that is the lifestyle you lived, or are living, or will live. Thank you.

alj_harem:

LOOl kabukabu

Surely it would be considered as violation now given the fact that most women are protesting grin

We should ask ourselves why she did not scream in the video  ?

well violation is violation sha. and it is a crime

Now this is plainly crass. Can't help myself any more. You are a disgrace!!!!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 1:59am On Sep 27, 2011
nuzo:

Unfortunately you are absolutely right, I've always said it. . .women are their own worse enemies. sad
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 2:00am On Sep 27, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Dude I like you. . .that's why I'm just gonna beg to please stop.

The more you write, the more I cringe in embarrassment for you.

Now is not the time to do one of your straddling the fence moves. . .what is bad is bad, there are no grey areas.

OK surely there are no grey areas
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by iykak47: 2:01am On Sep 27, 2011
so even rape has 'guyname' called violation, i believe violation means many things while rape has one meaning. if the guy are convicted will they not be called rapists, the same name some people on nairaland are avoiding to use. naija like to de form.    the girl is no where to be found, why must i cry more than  the bereaved.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by aljharem3: 2:05am On Sep 27, 2011
stillwater:

Mr. Man try and educate yourself before speaking, ask people, surf the internet if you are in doubt.
violation is taken seriously there. In fact, there are posters on the restroom doors that tell you whom to contact if you've been violated. When a woman says no even if she's a LovePeddler and you go ahead to sleep with her you are a rap.ist. The police would hound you down. That is how civilized people do it.
So I don't know the 'thing' you are referring to. God forbid I should know. Don't wish evil on me if that is the lifestyle you lived, or are living, or will live. Thank you.

LOL grin grin grin not to be evil but what if i pay a loveopeddler and she refuses to give me the service i paid her for and yet refuse to give me back my money, what do i do.

Call the police ?

surely you can help yourself. If you a woman can not help urself, how do u expect a rapist to help himself from a beautiful seductress  undecided

you have to be open minded here my sister
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by iykak47: 2:07am On Sep 27, 2011
na so nairand be, i used the word ra.p.e  and send, they change  it to violation. changing what i have sent. bekee wu agbara
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Sep 27, 2011
stillwater:

violation is taken seriously there. In fact, there are posters on the restroom doors that tell you whom to contact if you've been violated. When a woman says no even if she's a LovePeddler and you go ahead to sleep with her you are a rap.ist. The police would hound you down. That is how civilized people do it.

It is truly a shame that a grown up individual, raised in a home, not under a bridge, or in the streets, does not understand what violation means.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by SisiKill1: 2:12am On Sep 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are not lying at all!! These men came from homes and probably have their mothers fighting to get them free . . . .  even without considering what their sons have done to this woman. I am betting one of them have even uttered the words "the gal is an ashawo" so she can win one for her son or something.

That is why I believe change that will yield much needs to start with woman -- mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc. Especially those who have made excuses for this injustice, and continue to.
Is that possible? In a country where women have been taught to kowtow to a man's opinions? A country where the basis for a woman being is to make herself desirable to men? Can you really picture a buncha women coming together to demand justice for another woman? If it's to go scatter another woman's wedding because they think she's a husband snatcher. . .you'll find them there but do something that would benefit their fellow woman. . .let's be real here, that will be an uphill battle. . .with their innate, illogical hatred for other women the main obstacle.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 2:19am On Sep 27, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Is that possible? In a country where women have been taught to kowtow to a man's opinions? A country where the basis for a woman being is to make herself desirable to men? Can you really picture a buncha women coming together to demand justice for another woman? If it's to go scatter another woman's wedding because they think she's a husband snatcher. . .you'll find them there but do something that would benefit their fellow woman. . .let's be real here, that will be an uphill battle. . .with their innate, illogical hatred for other women the main obstacle.

Sigh!!!

Honestly, I cannot deny a single statement you have made above. But I do say that if we need Change, as far as Nigerian is concerned, it needs to start with women. Many of our women have failed the current generation, and continue to fail our future in the ways they continue to raise their children, and the examples they continue to show the next gen.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by kabukabu50(m): 2:57am On Sep 27, 2011
nuzo:

Men are in postion to change this dynamic but they won't, its men who marry off these child brides, its men who by far abuse their female maids, its men who discourage women from having a voice other than to say yes and nod in agreement.

Nigerian soceity is by nature extremely sexist and male driven, so you get a bunch of young women who have bought into the notion that they are not to have opinions or voices

You can't tell me that because she may have been hanging out in a spot where men frequent that she is "promiscuos", a woman is not a piece of meat,last time I checked.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by comechop(m): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2011
damm - see what lack of education is causing here, peeps are just exposing their ignorance here. chai wonderment
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Johndoe100(m): 4:02am On Sep 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Sigh!!!

But I do say that if we need Change, as far as Nigerian is concerned, it needs to start with women.

Who says we need to change? Our culture and attitudes are fine, we don't need non Nigerians like most of the posters on this thread telling us what to do.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 27, 2011
When 5 men take turns to forcibly have carnal knowledge of a woman despite her pleas to be let go, that is violation. As a matter of fact, that girl was gang-raped. No doubt about it!! The mere act of restraining a woman to walk away from sex, assuming it was consensual (not saying the ABSU case was consensual, IT WAS NOT!!!) is violation.

The fact that the lady in question was under their physical restraint makes their case worse and those guys would be facing at least 25 years in prison if caught in civilized climes.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by polokor60(m): 4:20am On Sep 27, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Johndoe100 link=topic=768717.msg9226854#msg9226854 date=1317092573]
Who says we need to change? Our culture and attitudes are fine, we don't need non Nigerians like most of the posters on this thread telling us what to do.

u re a big fool.u dey form internet gangster,i bet u re a dummy in the real world. angry
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 27, 2011
K guys, i just saw that video and i am depressed! That girl was RAPED! She was obviously very afraid for her life so she tried to be calm! Whoever is defending these animals should get their head checked! I really wish i never watched it. This is how messed up our Morals are in Nigeria? All hope is lost!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nekai(f): 5:15am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin not to be evil but what if i pay a loveopeddler and she refuses to give me the service i paid her for and yet refuse to give me back my money, what do i do.

Call the police ?

surely you can help yourself. If you a woman can not help urself, how do u expect a despoiler to help himself from a beautiful seductress  undecided

you have to be open minded here my sister

What do you do? ? ? Punish her for the theft by raping her. That will teach her. Since she stole from you (or hit you, or cursed at you, or refused your advances, or came to your house, or wore a short skirt, ect, ) she deserves to be raped.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Sep 27, 2011
Nekai:

What do you do? ? ? Punish her for the theft by Desecrating her. That will teach her. Since she stole from you (or hit you, or cursed at you, or refused your advances, or came to your house, or wore a short skirt, ect, ) she deserves to be violated.

You get time to response to the imb-ecile there. Imagine that  . . . a woman steals from him and he DECLARES himself JUDGE and JURY by decreeing she deserves to be ra-ped for it. Imagine the family that raised that one.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 27, 2011
mennnn, I have never in my life seen this kind of sh*T before! I mean hearing about r a *pe is a different thing, but actually seeing that crap on video? That could be anyone's sister! Those guys deserve to be hung in public! Please i advice you not to watch that video if u haven't, its devastating, i was almost crying, that girl was freakin scared stiff and whoever is defending their actions should stop now before its too late, u must not have seen that video to say this wasn't a R A*Pe
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 5:34am On Sep 27, 2011
Hollllllyyyy shiiiiiit!

Why is it taking a millenia to show us hard evidence? Other than a tape without history.  Maka chineke, some people here are best for the circus. In a civilized world this, in a civilized world that? ? . . .Thesame funny characters here shouting like victims of wrecking ship were thesame lots calling for strauss-kahn's (Former IMF president)head when the news goes public, even without any evidence or facts.

Some went ahead to be invoking all sort of curses on the man, and now WE KNOW BETTER!.

Hello!!!, "civilized" people can't you wait for a competent court of law to pronounce these guys guilty?

Whinning,graoning,rants,cry,incoherent blabbing and all that will NEVER make this case more than what it is.

. . .OK. civilized people, a thief was just caught in my area,what shall we do? Bring tyre,petrol and matches or stake him upside down ?? ??SSMH.im upside down ?? ??SSMH.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2011
Rhino.4dm:

Hollllllyyyy shiiiiiit!

Why is it taking a millenia to show us hard evidence? Other than a tape without history.  Maka chineke, some people here are best for the circus. In a civilized world this, in a civilized world that? ? . . .Thesame funny characters here shouting like victims of wrecking ship were thesame lots calling for strauss-kahn's (Former IMF president)head when the news goes public, even without any evidence or facts.

Some went ahead to be invoking all sort of curses on the man, and now WE KNOW BETTER!.

Hello!!!, "civilized" people can't you wait for a competent court of law to pronounce these guys guilty?

Whinning,graoning,rants,cry,incoherent blabbing and all that will NEVER make this case more than what it is.

. . .OK. civilized people, a thief was just caught in my area,what shall we do? Bring tyre,petrol and matches or stake him upside down ?? ??SSMH.im upside down ?? ??SSMH.

dude, have u seen the video? trust me, u don't want to see it!
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 5:47am On Sep 27, 2011
what are you saying? i have the transcript and i have dispassionaetly watch the tape. Is that enough reason for me to take up AK-47 and hunt the guys down? It is barbaric and all that, so fuccking what?? ? I guess thats how you pass your judgement in KGB style.

Yet,if this barbaric jungle justice should place in Afghanistan. Your trumphet shall be loudest? ? ?
All these buzzi bodies cant change the facts that police and a competent court needs to do their work.

Chill down, allow the proscutors to do their work. Thats all am'foorking saying.!!

engineerd:

dude, have u seen the video? trust me, u don't want to see it!

Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Rhino4dm: 5:58am On Sep 27, 2011
when the leader of Boko Haram was extra-judicially killed, alot of goons here are celebrating. A usual Nigerians way of passing off their forking frustration by blaming others for their mis-fortune.

Thesame eediots are shouting about Boko Haram murderous-retaliation and extreme position.

I can confidently tell you that Boko Haram wasn't violent at the inception.(Read my analysis about Boko Haram). Still waiting those that will accuse me of being a terrorist. Nonsense.

. . .At this juncture, i may suggest a daily dosage of 40 strokes of horse whip to aid the retention ability, of some eddiots ranting here.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by BlueMagic2(m): 6:17am On Sep 27, 2011
I wish a mo'fucker wld try such a thing with my daughter, sister or even my cousin. I wld not only go after em but wld go after their family. I hope & pray the victim will be able to recover from this ugly experience and pick up d pieces of her life together. May God be with her. 4k d incompetent & ineptitude Nigerian police, d state govt & d miserable Federal Govt for not yet bringing the perpetrators 2 justice. I wish a mo'fucker wld. angry angry.

Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 27, 2011
nuzo:

i posted somewhere about how a girl was giving me a second hand account of how a night bus was raided and the women gang raped. and the girl said the rapists were 'considerate' because 'they used condoms' though they still 'caught their fun'

i was just looking at her.

even in the office, i am shy of bringing up the topic because i am not sure what i will find out about some of the men and women i work with and their views.

it also brings home to me some things i failed to understand as a kid - why our folks will insist we don't mix with some people's kids.
Re: ABSU Case: Was It A violation Or Not? by velo10: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2011
Certainly a case of RAYPE. No doubts about that.

@Rhino. I agree, let the prosecutors do their job. Even if the boys are found guilty, fact remains that they made a heinous mistake. You think each of them aren't regretting they did what they did? Let justice take its course rather than jungle justice inhabiting the minds of people here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-months Old Baby Girl Raped By 27-year-old Uncle (GRAPHIC PHOTO) / Customs Officer's Bullet Kills Trader / Nigerian In Florida Charged With Clubbing His Wife To Death With A Bat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.