Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,825 members, 7,862,716 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House (31760 Views)

What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On May 14, 2023
Desusi:
h
A staunch atheist! When you get to the pit of hell, you will remember me.
How will an atheist go about acquiring eternal life with which to spend in eternal damnation with? undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Kokoboss: 8:28pm On May 14, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
God still shows mercy to even those who don't pray but believes in him
this is 100%
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Maynmann: 8:29pm On May 14, 2023
Desusi:
h
A staunch atheist! When you get to the pit of hell, you will remember me.
And you’ll be rejoicing in heaven when other people that might be your friends or even family members are in “pit of hell”.
You’ll be so fulfilled remembering that they are burning in “pit of hell”.

Wanted to ask is there free will in heaven and hell?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by BeigJawnson(m): 9:06pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Considering what God said in Scripture, the fate if the unrighteous cannot be changed by means of prayer because God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Thank you for taking your time to answer me. And from your answers I could see that God only answers the prayer of the righteous ones and when they pray, bad thing or evil event that wants to take place, will be averted. Thanks so much for your time
Bless your 💓
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by ruzell86: 9:12pm On May 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop deluding yourself and others abeg! lipsrsealed

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided
Okay, no problem.

Just adopt the art of praying... that's very important.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On May 14, 2023
ruzell86:

Okay, no problem.

Just adopt the art of praying... that's very important.
art of praying? undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Ubdavis(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2023
A friend of mind went for a church program. He prayed at home before leaving and met with other church members, they prayed together before embarking on that journey. Unfortunately, they evolved in an acident, no one survived.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by emekajacobogbon(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
prayers are useless. You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.
This is where the pastors use to derive their excuses and use it to remain ontop of the people psyche
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by emekajacobogbon(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2023
emorse:

Omo! Words on marble. Problems no dey finish but solutions sef no dey ever end.
It's only people who have passed through a lot in life that will understand
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by CaptainRogers(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2023
The case of late Ifeanyi comes to my mind, wherever you take them to is where they'll always go to play and even though he went to the pool, He could have been saved but his parent were to careless and and so they left him to drown.

In all you do, never let your infant out of your sight because they don't know there's anything called danger
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Chidolalar: 2:18am On May 15, 2023
Iamtheone09234:

St. Mark 14:38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.".

He didn't pray so he fell into temptation.
Don't worry I will share my testimony soon😊

Without prayer or no prayer, nobody wish to fall into any temptation or experience any terrible situation. Stop all that religious belief and being irrational and face reality
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Chidolalar: 2:46am On May 15, 2023
Maynmann:

And you’ll be rejoicing in heaven when other people that might be your friends or even family members are in “pit of hell”.
You’ll be so fulfilled remembering that they are burning in hell.

As in eh... Imagine being in a so called heavenly place and finding out that your family and loved ones are not there with u and imagine Dem burning in hell. U won't even be happy in dat heaven and with God
Religious beliefs are completely NOT credible at all

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Maynmann: 3:52am On May 15, 2023
Chidolalar:

As in eh... Imagine being in a so called heavenly place and finding out that your family and loved ones are not there with u and imagine Dem burning in hell. U won't even be happy in dat heaven and with God
Religious beliefs are completely NOT credible at all
At all man.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Desusi: 6:01pm On May 15, 2023
Maynmann:

You’ll be so fulfilled remembering that they are burning in “pit of hell”.

You pushed me to the wall.That's the reason for my reaction, despite my extension of love towards you.In regards to your questions, l have no business with hell,my desire for you and me is to make heaven.May God help us.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House by Maynmann: 8:57pm On May 15, 2023
Desusi:

You pushed me to the wall.That's the reason for my reaction, despite my extension of love towards you.In regards to your questions, l have no business with hell,my desire for you and me is to make heaven.May God help us.
What kind of love is that that’s conditional because I don’t agree with you.

You’ll be so fulfilled remembering your friends and family members are burning in “pit of hell”.

My desire for you is to have knowledge on your beliefs, may you be free from the chains of yahweh and abrahamaic religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.