Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? (17067 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by mozona(m): 4:54pm On May 19, 2023
I don't think is ideal to make ur woman know how much you earn, (you should know how women are) but what I do is that I try not to make my family lack cos family come first.

If I don't have she knows I don't have due to my body language.

If your wife know ur take home pay you won't enjoy this life, as the bringer of the money you too need to unwind.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by dannykares: 4:56pm On May 19, 2023
Bro women n attitude re like 5 & 6 even my wife doesn't know my earning but I do my best for her and my kids, b4 you reveal anything to her confront your mom if it is right to reveal your income.
Many homes collapsed today because of certains factors don't start was Yu will regret coming to post again on social media seeking 4 advise
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Senator777: 4:57pm On May 19, 2023
From what you write, it's like the girl is one of the very few good girls you can find among many foolish Nigeria girls.

Don't start what you can't finish.

It's like you have SIMP's blood flowing in you.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by iInjureHerYansh: 5:00pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko let her know your salary so that she can know if the future is bright for her or not.

Is not as if you’re earning millions of naira monthly undecided. I’m absolutely sure you’re not even earning common 100k monthly. Biko don’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty!!

My nobody wants to settle for less my dear!!
Anybody that replies this fool is actually the bigger fool.
Someone that doesn't even know how to troll.
Only one pattern she get. Tueh
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by TheMostComplex1: 5:02pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko let her know your salary so that she can know if the future is bright for her or not.

Is not as if you’re earning millions of naira monthly undecided. I’m absolutely sure you’re not even earning common 100k monthly. Biko don’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty!!

Jenny most of your comments crack me up.
Some are weird
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by iInjureHerYansh: 5:04pm On May 19, 2023
Op my advise for you is if you really wanna marry that girl then impregnate her. This might sound like a bad idea but as long as you are certain you wanna marry her then turn her to babymama first.
Make she born for you then watch her.
Our girls nowadays don too wise. All these good character na cos she never secure you. Give am Belle then make she born. If her character after birth doesn't change then you can proceed.
Talking from a bitter experience.
I have heard of too many good girls changing aftrr marrieage. Remember a woman's true colors shows after she's gotten what she wants.

About the salary you don't disclose stuff like that to anyone. Not even your spouse. My parents both used to earn. None of them knew the what the other was receiving. Una go Just siddon begin find trouble for una sef.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Shokoloko(f): 5:05pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:
I’ve been dating this girl since early last year when I was still serving and she’s really into me.

Is this a good idea?
For you to come asking this question means your intuition has picked something that you are not comfortable with.
If you were my brother, I would ask him to wait until the girl got a job or started a business. If the girl is transparent about her finances then he can be too.
The question here is does thr unemployed partner understand what it takes earn a living?
Marriage is not how fast but how well.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by diogo23: 5:09pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:
I’ve been dating this girl since early last year when I was still serving and she’s really into me. She doesn’t bill me unless I purposely send her something. And we occasionally hangout a lot too.

By mid last year, I brought her home to meet my mum and some of my siblings. My mum likes her so much and she would spend time with me in our house.

I finished my service around September last year, and I started hunting for job. I was taking online classes etc..

So I got a job earlier this year, and the pay isn’t bad. Only my mum knows how much I’m earning and few friends. My girl doesn’t know.

Now, I’m likely to be getting a pay rise this month.

I’m also planning to get married to this girl next year, hopefully, she’s been a good girl even when I was jobless.

I don’t know if it’s okay to let her know my salary range. Although I’d not be telling her specifically the amount.

Is this a good idea?
Don't try it
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by cjeriia: 5:16pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:
I’ve been dating this girl since early last year when I was still serving and she’s really into me. She doesn’t bill me unless I purposely send her something. And we occasionally hangout a lot too.

By mid last year, I brought her home to meet my mum and some of my siblings. My mum likes her so much and she would spend time with me in our house.

I finished my service around September last year, and I started hunting for job. I was taking online classes etc..

So I got a job earlier this year, and the pay isn’t bad. Only my mum knows how much I’m earning and few friends. My girl doesn’t know.

Now, I’m likely to be getting a pay rise this month.
From your narrative, you have not really worked for long. Build urself, build a career, study the young lady. Don't rush

I’m also planning to get married to this girl next year, hopefully, she’s been a good girl even when I was jobless.

I don’t know if it’s okay to let her know my salary range. Although I’d not be telling her specifically the amount.

Is this a good idea?
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by pocohantas(f): 5:18pm On May 19, 2023
Dshocker:

Seems you love the Mercedes Benz GLE63s

A LOT!
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by greatfucker: 5:25pm On May 19, 2023
Afonjanistan:
Divide your salary into 3 and tell her that.
The average Nigerian woman is a thief waiting to reap where she did not sow.

This is an example of a Nigerian Woman thief.

😆🤣😂🤣Omo u too like vawulence LOL
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Dshocker(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2023
pocohantas:

A LOT!

Choose between Range Rover Velar vs Mercedes Benz GLE63S?
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Dogi1(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2023
If you earn around 100k you can tell you earn around 70k, that is if you must let her know how much you earn o.

Talking from a very bad experience.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2023
Yes, I did it when I was dating my wife. For us to know how to plan going into marriage and for not expecting what I can't afford.
We are happily married with two boys.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by ubimagos: 5:41pm On May 19, 2023
You never marry, you don be woman wrapper, if you come marry! your case na sorry.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Akabuking: 5:43pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
you are the one who is irritating undecided.

Most you cannot allow your sisters and daughters to marry a man who earns little but always quick to advice other ladies to marry a man who earns little.

Bunch of hypocrites!!! Shior!!!
Still irritating.
go n make your own money and stop leeching around
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Babaken(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2023
ibechris:
Marriage shouldn't be the first man,first of all save and invest some money.

U started work this year and u have started talking about marriage.

I wish u the best but remember,marriage and family have its own financial implications and can make one depressed if u don't plan well.

Better gather yourself well and don't marry a woman who has nothing doing.

All the best.
best advice of the year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:02pm On May 19, 2023
ibkayee:
Intentionally keeping your salary a secret from your fiancé/spouse is something I've only come across in Nigerian spaces and maybe it's just a cultural thing I will never understand and that's fine, but I find it weird.

The West have more of a credit culture where couples are more likely to be involved in binding financial agreements with legal implications so they're more compelled to be privy to each other's finances. E.g. when getting a loan for a mortgage the lender will calculate how much they're willing to give you based on the household income etc. so of course I need to know what you earn just from a practical point of view. Whereas, in Nigeria things tend to be paid in full?

I guess I understand why it may not be as common in Nigeria but I find it weird when it's intentionally hidden, even if only one person is paying the mortgage lol. If they just didn't ever ask or it just never came up in conversation that's fair, but it's the intentional awkwardness/secrecy that's strange to me

It should not be wierd , whoever pays for everything has the power to decide to an extent. Until couples see themselves as team members, no one is obligated to make a sole proprietor accountable one hundred percent about his finances.

They call it 'partnners' but in cases of sole proprietorship, the bulk lies squarely on the sole proprietor.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by FKMagazine(m): 6:31pm On May 19, 2023
Answer: it is not ok!

To let ur spouse know ur monthly pay is even a pain in the neck, let alone ur unmarried fiancee
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by yusufmurry: 6:37pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:

Is not as if you’re earning millions of naira monthly undecided. I’m absolutely sure you’re not even earning a common 100k monthly. Biko don’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty!!

So a girl's future is in the hand of a man. Right?

What if the man who shows you millions for you to secure your future in his hand and pocket dies, a few years after marriage? I hope your future will still be secured!

Change your mindset
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Dbestbrest: 6:37pm On May 19, 2023
Wait until after marriage. It will help two of you to plan for the future. This is part of how I built my happy home
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Sunshine34(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2023
Hell no.
It's not right
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by dominic17: 6:42pm On May 19, 2023
Is marriage poverty alleviation program? Though I agree is necessary to carry her along on his income level but implying that marrying her will put her in abject poverty doesn't make sense to me because she has legs and hands and marriage will not stop her from working
Jennyclay:

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by silverkings: 6:45pm On May 19, 2023
ibkayee:
Intentionally keeping your salary a secret from your fiancé/spouse is something I've only come across in Nigerian spaces and maybe it's just a cultural thing I will never understand and that's fine, but I find it weird.

The West have more of a credit culture where couples are more likely to be involved in binding financial agreements with legal implications so they're more compelled to be privy to each other's finances. E.g. when getting a loan for a mortgage the lender will calculate how much they're willing to give you based on the household income etc. so of course I need to know what you earn just from a practical point of view. Whereas, in Nigeria things tend to be paid in full?

I guess I understand why it may not be as common in Nigeria but I find it weird when it's intentionally hidden, even if only one person is paying the mortgage lol. If they just didn't ever ask or it just never came up in conversation that's fair, but it's the intentional awkwardness/secrecy that's strange to me

My girlfriend knows my salary and I don't see anything wrong with that. I know my brother's salary, he knows mine so why should I hide these things If they know what I earn will it make me less of a man or will they force money out of my pocket?? Kuz I don't understand my fellow Nigerians.

What if I die tomorrow leaving money stashed in a Nigerian bank
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Sunshine34(m): 6:46pm On May 19, 2023
Hell no.
It's not right. Fiancee not wife
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by silverkings: 6:50pm On May 19, 2023
Coolgent:

There's nothing bad in telling her your actual income if there's need for that.
My gal knew what am earning,
I have been married for over 8 years

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Ashyrule: 6:51pm On May 19, 2023
u av said it well , nice one wink
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by silverkings: 6:52pm On May 19, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
My fiance then now my wife is always the first person to know my salary. I have change jobs thrice and she is the first to know my salary till today. It is called trust and she don't demand at all. For that reason, I gave her the ATM to use anytime she needs money.

Not all ladies are like her.
My girl knows what I earn... My first job immediately after service year she know what i earn.... A week today my appointment letter came in she knew about my salary.... Is their anything wrong with that??
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by EBEk101(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:

How much do you earn ?
You dawned low Jennyclay
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by RIDOO: 7:34pm On May 19, 2023
HoleDriller:

Don't start what you can't finish.....

LOL
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by MeineMutter: 8:11pm On May 19, 2023
It’s not ok. Na see finish e dey lead to. Once she knows, she has already put you on a scale. Any other man she sees that earns or makes more than you do, her instinct will always tell her the man is better than you, even though she may not be interested in the such man. But where temptation sets in and she’s convinced another man makes money than you do, rain don beat you be that o.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Annahh(f): 8:24pm On May 19, 2023
My fiance knows how much I earn, the exact figure, I know how much he earns, he has an account with the bank I work for and that's his main savings account, I know everything, he knows everything.
I trust him, he trusts me. I wouldn't be with any other person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Fails To Remember His Father & Daughter’s Names In Abeokuta Court / How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.