Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi (2740 Views)

We’ll Never Be Overwhelmed By Mob’, CJN Speaks Amid Knocks On Judiciary / Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra / Nigeria Will Break Up When South-south Agrees To Join Biafra – Gov. Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:59pm On May 14, 2023
Ebonyi people marginalised by Igbos, we’ll never be part of Biafra: Gov. Umahi.

Mr Umahi, Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, says Ebonyi people has always suffered humiliation from their southeastern brothers.

Ebonyi State will never be part of Biafra due to the marginalisation and slavery its people has suffered in the hands of other Igbos, says Governor Dave Umahi.

“Ebonyi will never be part of Biafra because of the marginalisation and slavery that Ebonyi people had been subjected to over the years by their South East brothers” Mr Umahi said on Wednesday.

Agitations for the sovereign state of Biafra, led by secessionist group Indigenous People of Biafra has been rife in recent years. Mr Umahi has never hidden his opposition to IPOB agitations.

The governor was reacting angrily to allegations that Ebonyi indigenes were responsible for the fatal attacks that is ravaging Anambra State.

He described the allegation as false, adding, “if any Ebonyi person is caught in killing, that person should be killed too.”

According to him, the killings in Anambra are political killings that have no link with Ebonyi people.

He said criminals who were from other states in the South-East zone had been arrested for the killings and other heinous crimes in Ebonyi State, without announcing their states of origin.

The governor, who is the chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, wondered why other people derive joy in tarnishing the image of Ebonyi people.

Anambra State is literally under siege as unknown gunmen have upped their attacks around the state ahead of the governorship election scheduled for November 6.

Many residents, including prominent physician Chike Akunyili have been murdered in the past few weeks. Government and private assets such as police, SSS and INEC offices have also come under arsonists’ attacks.

More:

https://gazettengr.com/ebonyi-people-marginalised-by-igbos-well-never-be-part-of-biafra-gov-umahi/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:59pm On May 14, 2023
Reactions to the the rejuvenated news on twitter:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by yarimo(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 11:15pm On May 14, 2023
Why do Yorubas not like the Ijebus again? 🤔
Also, why do they look down on Kwara people?

Yeah! We're all aware of the marginalization among you also, so stop the pretence already.

LeoDeKing:

You wish.

Keep deceiving yourselves.
We wey them born for Lagos know what's up.
We no talk no mean say we no know. A jasi!
O dun e paa!
😜

raskymonojendor:

So Sanwo Olu is not yoruba again but ijebu 🤡
Iwo n ti e; ewo ni ibeere osi? 🤷🏽

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by vastolord4(m): 11:24pm On May 14, 2023
If this man likes let him lick Tinubu's ass, nothing for you.. your people voted LP in mass.

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by LeoDeKing: 11:25pm On May 14, 2023
I noticed Ebonyi is the best state in South East.

I have never been to the state but I gathered that the indigenes are very friendly and hardworking.

Another very good thing about them is that they hardly get involved in crime. Honestly, I can't remember reading any criminal report involving Ebonyians.

May God continue to lift the state higher and higher. May God also rid the state of miscreants and terrorists.

Long live president elect, BAT.
Long live governor Dave Umahi
Long live Nigerians
Long live Ebonyi state
Long live fed rep of Nigeria.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Ever8090: 11:25pm On May 14, 2023
😁
Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by LeoDeKing: 11:27pm On May 14, 2023
mariahAngel:
Also, we do they look down on Kwara people?

Yeah! We're all aware of the marginalization among you also, so stop the pretence already.
You wish.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by LeoDeKing: 11:28pm On May 14, 2023
So where will Simon Ekpa belong to?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by raskymonojendor: 11:30pm On May 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

So Sanwo Olu is not yoruba again but ijebu 🤡

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:30pm On May 14, 2023
When BIAFRA become granted, we will know who will be part and who will not be part of BIAFRA. I don't care politicians statement.

All the statements are only meant for unreasonable zombies who get deceived easily. That is why Buhari took their brain for 8 years. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by wahalawahala: 11:33pm On May 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

why u dey try to drag yorubas into ur shit? Nawa for all this Monday public holiday ppl😒

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 11:42pm On May 14, 2023
wahalawahala:
why u dey try to drag yorubas into ur shit? Nawa for all this Monday public holiday ppl😒

O ti wa poju l'ara yin nii!
Ti a o ba fun yin pada, bawo le ma se gba? O to ge fun yin!
Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Offpointng: 11:48pm On May 14, 2023
Little wonder from my research and studying, Ebonyi folks seem to be the most well behaved Igbos. Funny how They can't seem to show love to themselves and even discriminate themselves but yet want love from others especially from the Yorubas. Confused lot having misplaced priorities. It's only Igbos that I know that'd cry victim and accuse you of what they met out to others. Nonsense sad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by wahalawahala: 11:48pm On May 14, 2023
mariahAngel:

O ti wa poju l'ara yin nii!
Ti a o ba fun yin pada, bawo le ma se gba? O to ge fun yin!
dey play ! Nobody get una time🙄

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Corn247: 11:50pm On May 14, 2023
And the Flat-head baboons are preaching extreme liberalism here in the west. I just wish they meddle in our politics again so that they can meet their Waterloo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by mariahAngel(f): 11:53pm On May 14, 2023
wahalawahala:
dey play ! Nobody get una time🙄
Pele o! 🙄

Offpointng:
They can't seem to show love to themselves but want love from others especially from the Yorubas. Confused lot having misplaced priorities. Nonsense sad

Remove the log from your eyes.
Give yourselves the love first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Offpointng: 12:02am On May 15, 2023
Corn247:
And the Flat-head baboons are preaching extreme liberalism here in the west. I just wish they meddle in our politics again so that they can meet their Waterloo

Me I even want the SW governors should put heads together and ferry these people back to whatever hole and mud they came from sad

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Offpointng: 12:02am On May 15, 2023
mariahAngel:

Igbos should Remove the log from their eyes.
Those sect of Cry babies clan should Give themselves love first.

Fixed

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Jogs1900: 12:20am On May 15, 2023
Corn247:
Dem no go try am again..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by TakeNigeriaBack: 12:29am On May 15, 2023
Ibos love to preach extreme liberalism to Yoruba people. But in Iboland Ibos practice extreme conservatism. What Ibos demand from Yoruba people, they can never accept 1/100 th of it in alaibo.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by CallmeTrinity: 2:49am On May 15, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Lmao

I am sure it was LeoDeKing that created this thread using his alternate accounts
Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Orbhagbemi555: 2:56am On May 15, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

I am sure it was LeoDeKing that created this thread using his alternate accounts
See the reality 😬😁
Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by DMerciful(m): 3:44am On May 15, 2023
Thats how he said Ebonyi wont vote for LP in presidential election, how far?

Umahi can only speak for himself
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Ebonyi people marginalised by Igbos, we’ll never be part of Biafra: Gov. Umahi.

Mr Umahi, Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, says Ebonyi people has always suffered humiliation from their southeastern brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by rummmy: 3:50am On May 15, 2023
Umahi will never say that...
Ebonyi people will stone him to death .
No igbo man jokes with BIAFRA.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Daniel058(m): 5:14am On May 15, 2023
M4A1carbine:
After Dem bust their Gatwick Airport Propaganda. The Agbadorian brigade have resorted to default status.

IPOB..ESN..MNK... BIAFRA.

Now they love Umahi..

The worst thing that can happen to any man is lack of purpose and dignity. Agbado Propagandist, are so fixated on IGBO affairs,that it's obvious that without IGBOs they are DEAD. Never see an insecure race like Agbadorians...spits
but it's true Ebonyi people re marginalized

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by raskymonojendor: 5:20am On May 15, 2023
Umahi has never hidden this fact. He has been on this crusade for a while.

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Isobug: 5:22am On May 15, 2023
Old news...... That's worrisome,
Well I hope it's because of Abakaliki people because I know Afikpo People are even more refined and civil than the rest of Igbos and can never be intimidated rather you will get intimidated unless things have changed now. I remember the phrase Igbo kaki, if you know.

Meanwhile, the irony of it all is that an Ebonyi Man is the one currently pushing for the Biafra. Simon Ekpa

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by Nobody: 5:53am On May 15, 2023
grin
Re: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi by zoedew: 5:55am On May 15, 2023
Isobug:
Old news...... Well I hope it's because of Abakaliki people because I know Afikpo People are even more refined and civil than the rest of Igbos
Ndaaa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino, Peter Obi Didn't Win Lagos But Votes Allocated To Him To Cover Up / Fashola's Aide's Daughter Abducted / Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.