Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia (6332 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / Jtf Destroys 6,000 Illegal Refineries In N’delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by ChinenyeN(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
It's nice to know Abia people can at least take some initiative. They have my support.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by TenKobo1: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
Shame to those who call these super-legitimate refineries illegal, Show us the legal ones if they exist. You can only talk about counterfelts where there are originals.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
1luvkipsus:

What makes these refineries 'illegal'?the products from them are not good or what?

They are illegal because they are not approved by DPR and most importantly they obtain there crude through pipeline vandalization.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Some sharp guys taking advantage of the supply-demand disequilibrium,
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by deadie(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2011
At least they could refine crude when the Federal government cannot. Better to be engaged than blowing things up like Boko Haram. Please leave those young men alone as they made themselves gainfully employed in the absence of a government.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Otunbakay(m): 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
The problem i 've with this so called illegal refinaries is dat their product 're substandard and they are responsible 4 d circulation of KILLER kerosenes, if only they can be given licence 2 operate legally and their operations improved upon it will be of immense benefit 2 d nation. That is my take.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by member479760: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
make den allow dem, nothing like revenue lost here! my brother make una continue.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Edygo: 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
Since federal govt. can not build functional refinery, they should allow us build our own thing
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by mekaboy(m): 1:32am On Sep 28, 2011
MEN, LET THE GOVT ALLOW EVERY FAMILY A PIPELINE, LET EVERYONE EXTRACT CRUDE OIL AND SELL, THAT WAY EVERY NIGERIAN WILL ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF OUR OIL. grin grin

SINCE HOW MANY YEARS THE GOVT HAS BEEN REFINING AND EXPORTING OIL, JUST A FEW NIGERIANS BENEFIT FROM IT, LET THEM GIVE EVERY FAMILY A PIPE TO EXTRACT AND SELL, WE DON TIRE FOR GOVT grin grin
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by ValueAddin: 5:41am On Sep 28, 2011
Hello, incase you don't know, illegal refining is the same as oil bunkering of pipelines of the likes of Mobil, Chevron etc.
The thing is that it leads to massive oil spills and in some cases fire outbreaks.
So in the short term, it might 'pay' the oil bunkers but what happens to the environment?
It's the activities of these people that cause the blames placed on the oil giants.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by slap1(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2011
homerac7:

@ slap 1,

My guy how u dey? E b like say u lay low for sometime now, abi na me just no dey see u ni? U knw say anything u talk abt Abia happenings na authentic. I dey "gbadun" u wella.

@ all,

Imho, I think d govt should develop a design model for mini refineries and make dem available to local and regulate it through DPR just like petrol stations. I don't see d big deal In retaining such monopoly when it can be commercialized and regulated.
Bro, I've been around o, school work's taking my time. But I'm a bit free now -- I have just four papers to write now and there's the warning strike -- so I can afford to post comments. Thanks for your concern.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Gbenge77(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2011
Always in the news for the wrong reasons.Always in the news for the wrong reasons.
Re: 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
crackhouse: Abia is a poor state so i am not surprised, since the fed govt can't give them enough doe gotten from the refined crude let them refine the crude themselves and make the money themselves and save the fed govt the stress in exporting, refining and importing.
tell me ur state, nd I wil tel u abia is richer dan ur state if u r nt frm lagos or rivers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Will Kick-start Revolution That Will Break Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. / FLASHBACK: A.P.C Believe In President Jonathan More Than Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.