Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) (50234 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Trailer Crushes A Lady Going To Market And Her Son Dead In Aba (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by SIRKAY98(m): 4:41am On May 16, 2023
May the soul of the departed rest in peace, Naturally i slow down when i am about to pass this big trucks of containers, and i hunk like 200 times before i speed pass it. It very unfortunate experience for the lost souls!
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by koolguy88(m): 4:41am On May 16, 2023
Cathry:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

Where is the father of the child?
Is he not responsible to provide for the family? You need to go and look for work and stop begging for alms on nairaland. You are more than this.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 4:54am On May 16, 2023
If lagosians really want this to stop, they know what to do.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Xcelinteriors(f): 5:20am On May 16, 2023
This happened very close to my shop. The owner of the car is a very young guy and thank God he wasn't inside the car when the incident happened. The trailer rolled out of the company where some materials are being loaded in it and there wasn't even a driver inside. If not for this car that stopped it, the casualties would have been more. Of course the company will compensate the car owner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Illegal1(m): 5:58am On May 16, 2023
Omoh......dis 1 is strong
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by KaptainAfrika: 6:09am On May 16, 2023
As usual...not a curse but this will continue until the Government takes actual steps to stop it.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Hezmatosky: 6:12am On May 16, 2023
Miyachi:

From the image, it seems the the whole truck was upturned, not just the container.
The problem with laws in Nigeria is that they are seldom obeyed, most especially by those with 'connections'.
Yes you're right. I was there. Infact we trecked from ikeja to iyana ipaja. No vehicle. It happened less than 5mins the Camry guy packed his car that the truck coming from the same factory he entered fell on his car. It was 20ft fully loaded container. It was the sitting of the container that pulled prompting the container to fall fall with it, just as seen on the picture. The Camry for no write off if it was just the container. Because the crain operator couldn't raise the container easily because of the sitting that pulled with it, making him to drop the container several times on the Camry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by damkin24(m): 6:28am On May 16, 2023
I passed by the spot while coming from work yesterday between Cement bus stop and Mangoro. It was a terrible sight to behold even though no life was lost according to report.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:04am On May 16, 2023
Is it not possible to build a different route for trailers and similar trucks which other smaller cars can't use?
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by lomprico(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/Gidi_Traffic/status/1658160440520716318

Dr. Olawale Ogunlana gave an update on the accident:

https://twitter.com/olawalesmd/status/1658174816002662403

Tell your horrible rulers to fix the roads! If the roads are as they should be such accidents wount be happening. Secondly the, authorities in the port should make sure any container that is not strapped to the truck should not leave the warf.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Menclothing: 7:41am On May 16, 2023
Trailer should always lock d container on d body of it
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by harmargedon: 7:51am On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Necessity is the mother of invention.

Incidence like this are the reasons for some enactments. I'm expecting legislation in respect of precautionary measures against similar incidents.

Why are these containers merely mounted without actually fastening them on the trucks?

The report says "zero survivors".

But the screenshot above says, no life was lost.

Which do we believe?
it was fastened, the truck fell with its container, that's the worst of it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by 8stargeneral: 8:13am On May 16, 2023
You hardly heard this kind of news in western world

Why Africa's are like this,especially Nigeria
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by blueAgent(m): 8:15am On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Life is not all about aggression. Sometimes, you need to be sober.
First teach the mandate thief.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Tijani009: 8:34am On May 16, 2023
id4sho:

Full truck fell
Why dont we use rail system its faster cheaper and safer insted og this trucks on our roads
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Teeklef(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

I have worked as an expatriate in 9 countries. Canada was the last before coming to settle down back home, of which I have been so fulfilled. Bro, forget how we play online. I ll be a functional part of Tinubu's presidency come 29 May by the Grace of God to contribute my experience over the years.

When people make fun of Nigeria, I always laugh at their ignorance. You just need to tour the world and see.

I had warned that there will be a very serious filtering of Nigeria's cyberspace and a reinforcement of it's security after 29 of May as a precautionary measures to break down of law and order.
Omoh!!! Shoe get size sha😂..... Maximum respect baami.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by owagbeba: 8:46am On May 16, 2023
Miyachi:

From the image, it seems the the whole truck was upturned, not just the container.
The problem with laws in Nigeria is that they are seldom obeyed, most especially by those with 'connections'.

The whole chassis with container overturned. It means the container was latched to the chassis of the truck. This must be a case of bad road…
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Charismatic107: 9:10am On May 16, 2023
OluMaighTee:
Laptop powerbank available.

How much?
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by id4sho(m): 9:13am On May 16, 2023
Tijani009:

Why dont we use rail system its faster cheaper and safer insted og this trucks on our roads

My thoughts too
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Respect55(m): 9:54am On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Incidence like this are the reasons for some enactments. I'm expecting legislation in respect of precautionary measures against similar incidents.

Why are these containers merely mounted without actually fastening them on the trucks?

Which do we believe?
How could they be any survivors in that scenario?
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by LeoDeKing: 10:25am On May 16, 2023
Respect55:

How could they be any survivors in that scenario?
Possibly only the driver was in the car and had reportedly escaped. Also, the word "survivor" doesn't necessarily refers to only the occupants, it also means others in the vicinity.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by FIZZBEE: 11:29am On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Which do we believe?
Believe the Picture which says “zero survivors ” not the comment on the screenshot
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by FIZZBEE: 12:12pm On May 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are you expecting the legislation from?
Agberos 😂
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Bobxin: 3:52pm On May 16, 2023
Bigsunny01:
De only way to stop dem is for dem to ply by night only

Dey should leave de day time for smaller vehicles
And they will sleep off while driving.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Bigsunny01(m): 5:20pm On May 16, 2023
Bobxin:

And they will sleep off while driving.

Why will u sleep by day and still sleep by night?
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Dshocker(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Which do we believe?

Lol, fastening or no fastening, container wey go fall go fall.
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Bobxin: 9:35pm On May 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Why will u sleep by day and still sleep by night?

Possibilities are endl
Re: Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) by Respect55(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Possibly only the driver was in the car and had reportedly escaped. Also, the word "survivor" doesn't necessarily refers to only the occupants, it also means others in the vicinity.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / Father Almost Crushed His Son Who Was Hiding Under His Car (Photos) / Fehintoluwa Okegbenle Rides Bike From Lagos To Onitsha And Back Within A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.