Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say (35549 Views)

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say / Drugs: India Police Say Rats Ate 200kg Of Siezed Cannabis / Three Missing Abuja Siblings Found, Police Say Victims Abandoned, Distressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2023
casualobserver:
Considering the family history with police brutality, I believe he will be let go with a caution. Even though he is clearly guilty ( he slapped a policeman ) Nigeria Police need to let this slide, maybe fine him 500k to the police officer for assault. Nigeria police does not need any headlines with Kuti family name. Police should take this one on the chin.

Just imagine the rubbish this one is talking.

So the authorities should sweep the matter under the carpet because the Kuti family is involved?

Is the Kuti family above the law in Nigeria.

Shey you for talk this kind rubbish if na your papa be the police officer wey this small riffraff woz slap for public?! angry
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by 12345baba(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
All those against Peter Obi are messing themselves up by their selves. From Ekweremmadu to Seun... More to go down
I dey tell u
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Mrfeel: 8:59am On May 16, 2023
michlins:
The lawyers raised important issue which I hope can destroy this case and help the police do better in arraignment procedure.

This issue of parading people before trial is totally wrong and should end

He was caught in the act , assaulting a police officer on duty , everything was caught on camera, parading him to the public over a crime that's already in public view

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by IPG25(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2023
He should be scapegoatize for others to take dressing
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Keedyreal: 9:00am On May 16, 2023
He slapped a police officer, y'all are here saying he should be punished, but remember its uniform men that killed his grandma and went scot free... i swear if dem no release this guy,... hmm! just dunno what to say.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by michlins(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

He was caught in the act , assaulting a police officer on duty , everything was caught on camera, parading him to the public over a crime that's already in public view
technicalities destroy cases right before they even start and our police are usually guilty of such.

Anyways, I await
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by olisaEze(m): 9:01am On May 16, 2023
So as little as N12k would have averted all this needless drama! He even bashed the poor officer’s car and like a broke @rse ran away, kikikiki! grin grin. It is not everyone balanced in a big car on the road that has a balanced account. The rich also cry, but they’ll never lose their cool in public. Na poverty mentality dey shout "do you know who I am?" grin
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by ComeToJesus: 9:02am On May 16, 2023
The policeman cleverly goaded the deviant to drop an evidence that pointed to complicity. He even absorbed the slap without raising a hair.

That policeman is a real OG as far as patience and endurance is concerned. The guy try no be small. If na me, I for don deck the boy with a bicycle upper cut.

You are a public figure. You threw away all decorum. A real man is who is able to contain and restrain himself even in the face of provocation.

His actions, to say the least, was unnecessary, extreme and condemnable. He should have known that the present IG takes no prisoner (reverse pun intended) when it comes to harassment of citizens by Policemen and vice versa.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 9:02am On May 16, 2023
Hussein035:

Hope you have evidence of this neighbor and gun which you can present. Otherwise edit your comment and remove that nonsense before you will be invited

The incident is true, I read about it.

His neighbour was holding a party and some of his guests used their cars to block the entrance to the street, when Seun came home and was having difficulty driving into his compound he pulled out a gun and started threatening people with it
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by fredoooooo: 9:03am On May 16, 2023
Olasyke:

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin.
Policeman drop money?
🤣🤭
grin
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by casualobserver: 9:04am On May 16, 2023
SavageResponse:

So the authorities should sweep the matter under the carpet because the Kuti family is involved?

Shey you for talk this kind rubbish if na your papa be the police officer wey this small riffraff woz slap for public?! angry

You are clearly too young to fully appreaciate the brutality the Nigerian police had meted out on his father and grandmother.

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Chucks13: 9:04am On May 16, 2023
Absuchat:
All those against Peter Obi are messing themselves up by their selves. From Ekweremmadu to Seun... More to go down

You are the next to go down as God live you fuc-king slowpoke. Obi will go down with you in a very short time and will be remember no more you this bloody ewu anukpama.

Who the hell is obi? May thunder strike you and that useless obi together. I hate obi and bro you know what? I just did my fourth building warming ceremony last Saturday and I already bought myself a new car for my birthday so your useless insinuation is a shit. F u c k to hell. Is it new to you that seun is stubborn? So because he did not support that lair called obi made him to bashed police car baa? You are an idiot.

If that evil, creepy, liar wicked obi stand in my front I will spit on his face. That was how fools like you said whoever touch Kanu will die, is buhari dead now? Is the DSS that chained him like a goat dies now? Mallami that orchestrated his capture is he dead now?

F u c k you seriously an rot in hell with your useless obi.

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by dododawa1: 9:05am On May 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Why am I not surprise. People like Seun Kuti are the reason why this country will remain in the dust bin of irrelevance for long. Why didn't he just apologize to the police officer to save himself all this nonsense.

Now he's in for it. The police officer did the right thing. People should know they're not above the law, just because they feel they're celebrities or they have little money in their pockets. If I were the Police, I'd make a scapegoat of Seun so others can learn.

I just hope this won't die a natural death like other cases have. Naira Marley, Chidimmma and the likes have all been forgotten. The Police should let Seun know the conseqeunces for acting like an idiot, period.
naira Marley now sing for APC,his sin is forgiving
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Neddstark: 9:06am On May 16, 2023
Pojomojo:
shocked
I think 🤔 Seun has an attitude problem.

Seun is a violent weedhead. A complete rascal.

2 Likes

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by correctguy101(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2023
superCleanworks:
the weed don clear from his eyes before he tender apology
police will try to use him as a very vivid example

Na mumu dey worry Seun.

In the streets, when you wan lay hands of anointing on these uniform men, you do so on ghost mode... Even the officer go dey confused for 10mins when dem free am grin cheesy

One soldier boy indiscriminately beat up my gee for Ughelli some years back... Na to block am a few weeks later and anoint am, the guy carry koko for face and head and till today, he no even understand wetin happen.. My police firend was anointed somewhere close to LASU, the mumu say na God save am yet he run come his father house come hide. I just dey laff am... For I know say he don offend strange men of anointing... grin

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by petertamtam6(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2023
Police and army used to mess his father up, Now seun has taking over.... Omo life no balance at all
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by topatee: 9:14am On May 16, 2023
SavageResponse:

what about countless number of innocent Nigerians (even women) brutalised by Police officers in daylight and nothing happened
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Passionate888: 9:17am On May 16, 2023

The PSC Chairman, Dr. Solomon Arase, a retired Inspector-General of Police, said Seun’s arraignment would serve as a deterrent to other citizens, adding that no one has the right to assault a policeman in uniform and on official duty, no matter the offence committed by a police officer.

Make una see o
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by pikechukwu6(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2023
Wow...congratulations to them cheesy cheesy
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Absuchat(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2023
Chucks13:

You are the next to go down as God live you fuc-king slowpoke. Obi will go down with you in a very short time and will be remember no more you this bloody ewu anukpama.

Who the hell is obi? May thunder strike you and that useless obi together. I hate obi and bro you know what? I just did my fourth building warming ceremony last Saturday and I already bought myself a new car for my birthday so your useless insinuation is a shit. F u c k to hell. Is it new to you that seun is stubborn? So because he did not support that lair called obi made him to bashed police car baa? You are an idiot.

If that evil, creepy, liar wicked obi stand in my front I will spit on his face. That was how fools like you said whoever touch Kanu will die, is buhari dead now? Is the DSS that chained him like a goat dies now? Mallami that orchestrated his capture is he dead now?

Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Lukuluku69(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2023
dfrost:

So you've not met impeccable policemen? Really?

There are impeccable ones but you see that NPF? Your chances of meeting one is almost ZERO.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by oladotunfelix2: 9:31am On May 16, 2023
U come believe police abi
Ever8090:
But Seun say na d police man apologize to am naa. ..e even say make people no allow the poor man loose him job.. grin...which one we go believe now?...
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by SavageResponse(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2023
casualobserver:

You are clearly too young to fully appreaciate the brutality the Nigerian police had meted out on his father and grandmother.

I do not care what the police did to his father Fela or his grandmother Funmilayo his action has no justification!

1 Like

Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Mrfeel: 9:39am On May 16, 2023
michlins:
technicalities destroy cases right before they even start and our police are usually guilty of such.

Anyways, I await
There is nothing to destroy, when a person is caught on camera assaulting a police officer , that's what he was arrested and paraded for , just say in Nigeria as long as you have connections you will get away with any crime Even if you are caught on camera commiting the crime
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Ykc2(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2023
SavageResponse:

Go and take your medicine so you will stop hallucinating
oya try agbadorian
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Nicenixon: 9:40am On May 16, 2023
casualobserver:
Considering the family history with police brutality, I believe he will be let go with a caution. Even though he is clearly guilty ( he slapped a policeman ) Nigeria Police need to let this slide, maybe fine him 500k to the police officer for assault. Nigeria police does not need any headlines with Kuti family name. Police should take this one on the chin.
They should reprimand him for one month and make him sweep third mainland bridge everyday for four weeks under strict supervision. Everybody knows our police force is worst but not all of them are evil. We should all criticize citizens who assault policemen and also criticize policemen who fail to perform their legal functions. We, as the citizens should balance the scale.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Ten06(m): 9:44am On May 16, 2023
I didn't even know that this guy exist, I only know of his elder brother Femi. I got to know that someone like this exist when he started talking down on Peter Obi just before the presidential election. He was very arrogant talking down on Peter Obi.

Let him go to prison so that he can learn some lesson
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Absuchat(m): 9:56am On May 16, 2023
Chucks13:

I always advice men to check the quality of sperm they are about to deposit in whores... Look at the gummy rubbish the Agbero that bore this one deposited on his LovePeddler.
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by ednut1(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2023
End of his career those foreign shows he goes to.wont invite an ex convict
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by Dpharisee: 10:14am On May 16, 2023
mysticwarrior:
see this one, him papa no go jail?
He was fighting for the rights of the oppressed masses not assaulting a struggling police man
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by broadman20: 10:21am On May 16, 2023
Badguy77:
This one too thinks he is above the law... I spit on him, he shouldn't have been fela's son, he should have been Charlie boys son... Cos both of them are two spoilt brats of great parents

You see your level of comparison?

You see why your papa almost break your head for writing Jamb ten times?

Did Charles Oputa's father went to prison like Fela?
Re: Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say by dfrost: 10:24am On May 16, 2023
Lukuluku69:

There are impeccable ones but you see that NPF? Your chances of meeting one is almost ZERO.

Let's take the chances.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AAU Student Killed By Cultists In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Malcolm Mide-Madariola Stabbed To Death In London / 18-Year-Old Faith Tricked Into Ashawo In Mali Cries Out As She Is Now Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.