Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed (28715 Views)

Crippled Man Stole The Show While Made Kuti Was Performing At Felabration / R Kelly Handcuffed And In Prison Outfit As He Appears In Court (Photos, Video) / Tunde Ednut: Photo Of Bobrisky Arrested, Handcuffed & Bundled Through Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by isabi2lof: 9:15am On May 16, 2023
Never wish to have a case with Nigeria police , omo you go confess sin wey you no commit 😂😂
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by MasterJayJay: 9:15am On May 16, 2023
J
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by MrUchenna1(m): 9:16am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
If I were the camera man I would have made money from Kuti
igbo guy with sense spotted.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by TheGift: 9:16am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

So what happens if a hardened criminal willingly submitted himself to the police?
He is still a hardened criminal.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Nasige(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2023
Dem no need to explain, dem for legcuff am too, anyway i no blame seun sha na the anyhow contri way we dey na him dey make everybody misbehave anyhow.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by WINDSOW(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Men go locate and fall you.
Except if you too bam sha!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Everything is yahoo to you.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by superCleanworks(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit
Weyrey even asked if someone wasn’t familiar with detention 🤦🏾‍♂️
Why the f on earth should I be familiar with detention?

this shows the mindset of police. your freedom pisses them off and everyone should have a taste of detention.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by IVORY2009(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

So what happens if a hardened criminal willingly submitted himself to the police?

According to the standard of policing worldwide, once a criminal or person submits himself or herself for an arrest, he or she is not supposed to be manhandle, just like war too, once an enemy raises his hands up, you don't shoot to kill, the person is now prisoner of war.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Kobicove(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
Normal procedure for hardened criminal, not a man that willingly submitted himself to the police

A criminal is a criminal whether hardened or not!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by spiritedtete: 9:22am On May 16, 2023
It is a standard procedure everywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by etzskillz(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2023
superCleanworks:

this shows the mindset of police. your freedom pisses them off and everyone should have a taste of detention.
Na God go punish them
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Ireportlive: 9:23am On May 16, 2023
Kobicove:

A criminal is a criminal whether hardened or not!

Not really... Crime has degree. A petty thief isn't a murderer and a murderer isn't a terrorist
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by correctguy101(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2023
ebukajay184:
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, has explained that it is a normal procedure for any suspect to be handcuffed before detention, IGBERETV reports.

Some Nigerians queried the police for putting handcuffs on singer Seun Kuti after he turned himself in. Responding to one of such queries, Adejobi explained that it is a normal procedure to place a suspect in handcuffs before detention.

Twitter user @ajilomoto wrote;

https://twitter.com/ajilomoto/status/1658165091445923860?s=19

Adejobi replied;

https://twitter.com/Princemoye1/status/1658166466707873797?t=HTcks8s7oSuQePd5MGqLYA&s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1445136/police-speaks-seun-kuti-handcuffed/

Normal procedure to collect his shoes?

Ah, my horizons has expanded, thanks NPF
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Minjim: 9:23am On May 16, 2023
What I'm familiar with is that foreign police usually handcup suspects resisting arrest.

Whether Seun resisted arrest is the important question.

Moreover, the police had been told to desist from media trials
He us just a suspect, not a convict.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Skillsnigeria: 9:23am On May 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by MASTERMIND04(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2023
Danisaint112:
They decided to handcuff him to prevent him from further slapping (the temptation of slapping) that will lead him into more bigger problem. The guy looks like an agbero.

Like someone rightly said dem suppose arrest the barber join. 😁
Lol
No be wetin him talk the barber go do for am?
The hairstyle dey funny me die.

1 Like

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Kunlemajor: 9:25am On May 16, 2023
Hahahahaha....:is this April fool??because this looks like May fool fa😂😂🤣
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by SavageResponse(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2023
Lanretoye:
Handcuffs normal procedure before detention?.this idan police fall my hand o.

Yes it is a normal procedure.

They guy don mellow down now after them put am handcuff
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Enemyofpeace: 9:28am On May 16, 2023
You don't need to tell us, all na power show
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by safarilove(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2023
Lol..this is funny
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Jite24(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2023
Why re politician arrested not handcuffed also....naija our country
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Enemyofpeace: 9:31am On May 16, 2023
Minjim:
What I'm familiar with is that foreign police usually handcup suspects resisting arrest.

Whether Seun resisted arrest is the important question.

Moreover, the police had been told to desist from media trials
He us just a suspect, not a convict.
which suspect? Suspect for where? With everything wey everybody including Buhari see for social media, na him you dey call suspect. The guy did it jo, he is not a suspect. Had it been that he didn't did it, we would have called him a suspect, but he did it.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Adgraced: 9:32am On May 16, 2023
Suspect?! For murder?!! The handcuff was unnecessary. I don't know when police brutality will end in this country!!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Jagabanarmy: 9:32am On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Normal procedure for hardened criminal, not a man that willingly submitted himself to the police

Why cuff a criminal?

To resist his use of hands to further assualt people or commit more crime

To prevent him from suicidal move

To prevent him from assualting fellow inmate in the cell

Nigeria police is a mismatched
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Pootle: 9:33am On May 16, 2023
the fact say the the policeman loyal em for jus chill...okoyes go dey laff am na undecided
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by FullBlastLight: 9:33am On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

U jst said a "hardened criminal"!

Is Kuti a harderned criminal? Huh?

Or, what is criminal in dealing a mere nasty slap 2 any Nigerian Police Officer? Huh? 🤔

U're not real abeg!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Lukuluku69(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously

He will slap you join! Lol

He would not have play ball with you. That boy get strong head albeit in a wrong way. It is sometimes good to be heady and confrontational but bros, no be everytime.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by system21: 9:37am On May 16, 2023
This lagos state police P R O is the worst I have seen
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Ikem11(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Why cuff a criminal?

To resist his use of hands to further assualt people or commit more crime

To prevent him from suicidal move

To prevent him from assualting fellow inmate in the cell

Not true my Friend. Once you are detain you will be handcuff even if you standing in front of police station. That's how it's done. Only way your handcuff will be taken away is when you inside cell or standing in court ( if not a criminal offence)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mompha Buys His 4-Year-Old Son N560k IphoneX (Video) / Genevieve Nnaji And M I Abaga At Old Age ,see Pictures / Toyin Aimakhu And Her Curves Stun In Dallas (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.