Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed (28714 Views)

Crippled Man Stole The Show While Made Kuti Was Performing At Felabration / R Kelly Handcuffed And In Prison Outfit As He Appears In Court (Photos, Video) / Tunde Ednut: Photo Of Bobrisky Arrested, Handcuffed & Bundled Through Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by babajero(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Normal procedure for hardened criminal, not a man that willingly submitted himself to the police

Why cuff a criminal?

To resist his use of hands to further assualt people or commit more crime

To prevent him from suicidal move

To prevent him from assualting fellow inmate in the cell

Not supporting assualt of the officer of the Law

But will South Africa and America not temper justice with mercy dealing with Martin Luther king Jr and Mandela grand kids

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti fought for Independent Sovereign country of Nigeria

She fought for Feminism and equal laws for women including women ability to drive

you sometimes write senselessly and out of point. What brought funmilayo ransome kuti into your write up of a drug addict, who was bragging on a recorded video of how he slap and molest police officers, even have the guts to say he has done it many times.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by remi1444: 12:17pm On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Congratulations on this accomplishment. No wonder you rush use me as example with ACJA2015. I haven't read the Criminal Justice Act since the 2015 amendment so I would defer to you on this. But I'm certain that prior to that, police must dash you bangle if dem arrest you. Plus after Seun don land uniformed police officer slap, any wise police officer go dey cover their cheeks when dem see am. I wish they even cuffed his ankles and his neck sef.
Hahaha, that man amazed me for someone like him, I expected something different from him. Them no slap him Papa for military regime but him Papa dey frequent FHC dey institute fundamental right actions upandan. grin
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by 7arrows: 12:23pm On May 16, 2023
princepeter566:
Mc oloumo will one day be handcuffed like this.

His boss is gonna be president so he will not be handcuffed. Who knows he might be governor of lagos state someday. Nigeria anything goes.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by obaidan: 12:29pm On May 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool
Normal procedure for hardened criminal, not a man that willingly submitted himself to the police
Why cuff a criminal?
To resist his use of hands to further assualt people or commit more crime
To prevent him from suicidal move
To prevent him from assualting fellow inmate in the cell
Not supporting assualt of the officer of the Law

But will South Africa and America not temper justice with mercy dealing with Martin Luther king Jr and Mandela grand kids

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti fought for Independent Sovereign country of Nigeria

She fought for Feminism and equal laws for women including women ability to drive

I totally align with all you have said apart from the boldened. Let's not create double standards, it shouldn't matter if my dad or mum laid their lives down for the country. Letting celebs get away with wrongdoing is very very dangerous for the society....they set the standards, whether we like it or yes, seun has aLways bragged about beating police officers in videos recorded by himself, he is clearly sick, there are lots of young people that look up to this man and see assault on policemen as cool or show of power/strength. Ofcourse the police are going really hard on him because just to pass a message across, calls have been made on his behalf and he will be left alone to continue his recklessness very very soon...but it's OK to use him to send a tough message to people that let fame or fathers achievement get into their head
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by gannod(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit
Weyrey even asked if someone wasn’t familiar with detention 🤦🏾‍♂️
Why the f on earth should I be familiar with detention?

You dey mind the Policeman?
One of the reasons mental capacity should be one of the requirements during recruitment. A simple question was asked, the spokesperson was talking about familarity with detention. Most of these policemen need to have their heads examined
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ruffDiamond: 12:38pm On May 16, 2023
This is how the bastard Aboki IGFool treat southerner!!Dem go college we back I swear! angry Why una bastard no handcuff Abba Kyari omo ale police man to to that killed and jailed innocent people That police man don't buy market angry ..he don say sorry na..!wetin come be all this one undecided .naija police no dey ever get sense.no Wonder Fela hated them so much!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ruffDiamond: 12:40pm On May 16, 2023
gannod:

You dey mind the Policeman?
One of the reasons mental capacity should be one of the requirements during recruitment. A simple question was asked, the spokesperson was talking about familarity with detention. Most of these policemen need to have their heads examined
no! They to have their heads hit by hammer!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by ruffDiamond: 12:42pm On May 16, 2023
obaidan:

I totally align with all you have said apart from the boldened. Let's not create double standards, it shouldn't matter if my dad or mum laid their lives down for the country. Letting celebs get away with wrongdoing is very very dangerous for the society....they set the standards, whether we like it or yes, seun has aLways bragged about beating police officers in videos recorded by himself, he is clearly sick, there are lots of young people that look up to this man and see assault on policemen as cool or show of power/strength. Ofcourse the police are going really hard on him because just to pass a message across, calls have been made on his behalf and he will be left alone to continue his recklessness very very soon...but it's OK to use him to send a tough message to people that let fame or fathers achievement get into their head
what about Abba Kyari ,the criminal super armed robber cop angry abeg where him dey?!
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by DeePsalmuel: 1:08pm On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit
If you don't know about Nigeria detention then go rest, as you don call am Werey now the thing remove handcuffs from Seun hand. Bunch ignorant people, if you don't know ask questions.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by AMI3(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
lol

So what happens if a hardened criminal willingly submitted himself to the police?

Tell me one reason for using hand cuffs on him.i just want to know
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Schprobs: 1:34pm On May 16, 2023
The most happiest people with seun detention
Are those from the lands of no return the dead zone call sad east and war zone call north.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by DeleTaller: 1:45pm On May 16, 2023
It means Portable get mouth pass some of the bigger names... Zazoo is a bigger baboon
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by cunny88(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2023
Were Abba kyari and orji uzor kalu handcuffed
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by tesppidd: 2:26pm On May 16, 2023
AMI3:

Tell me one reason for using hand cuffs on him.i just want to know
You got the wrong guy.

I don't support handcuffing him.

I only posed a sarcastic question to the dude.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Rickmann: 2:53pm On May 16, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

In the UK you are handcuffed as standard procedure.

Check well, their law must have exceptions.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Pjoe238: 3:07pm On May 16, 2023
Make money from which Kuti? person wey no get money to spend on himself you want use him make money.. Nawaaaoooo for you
advanceDNA:

Some of this drug taking musician na cultist ooo...them go just kii you.... grin
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Bfly: 3:39pm On May 16, 2023
NA WA O.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by AMI3(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2023
tesppidd:
You got the wrong guy.

I don't support handcuffing him.

I only posed a sarcastic question to the dude.
Ok bro grin
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by obaidan: 4:20pm On May 16, 2023
ruffDiamond:
what about Abba Kyari ,the criminal super armed robber cop angry abeg where him dey?!
Same useless government shielding him
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by kazma1010(m): 4:38pm On May 16, 2023
Nija police hmmm
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Tycyborg(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2023
Rickmann:

A suspect can't be handcuffed except he resists arrest. Dumb Nigerian police.

Either you resisit or you didn't resist they will handcuff you... Go to YouTube and watch it... It happens all over the world... There is even a Liverpool player in which they arrested last year in Italy or maybe UK... He complies and they still handcuffed him before apologizing that it's a mismatched identity
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Thazard(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2023
etzskillz:
Naija police is shit

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by histemple: 6:22pm On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
If I were the camera man I would have made money from Kuti

I get you. But I also have my suspicion that Seun may not have listened to such blackmail. He is likely to wave it off.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by pcagbaji(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2023
The decision of when to handcuff a suspect is a complex one that must be made on a case-by-case basis. There are a number of factors that police officers must consider, including the nature of the crime, the suspect's behavior, and the officer's own safety.

In general, police officers are authorized to handcuff suspects when they have probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime and that the suspect poses a threat to the officer or others. Some specific situations in which police officers may handcuff suspects include:

When the suspect is being arrested for a violent crime, such as assault, robbery, or murder.
When the suspect is being arrested for a crime that has the potential to cause serious harm, such as drug trafficking or weapons possession.
When the suspect is behaving in a threatening or erratic manner.
When the suspect is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
When the suspect is attempting to flee or resist arrest.
It is important to note that police officers are not required to handcuff every suspect they arrest. In some cases, it may be more appropriate to simply detain the suspect and let them know that they are under arrest. The decision of whether or not to handcuff a suspect is ultimately up to the officer's discretion.

Here are some additional factors that police officers may consider when making the decision of whether or not to handcuff a suspect:

The suspect's size and strength
The suspect's criminal history
The suspect's mental state
The presence of weapons or other dangerous objects
The location of the arrest
The time of day
The number of officers present
It is important to note that the use of handcuffs is a form of force, and police officers must always use the least amount of force necessary to achieve their objective. Handcuffing a suspect should only be used as a last resort, and only when there is a clear and present danger to the officer or others.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Rickmann: 8:40pm On May 16, 2023
Tycyborg:

Either you resisit or you didn't resist they will handcuff you... Go to YouTube and watch it... It happens all over the world... There is even a Liverpool player in which they arrested last year in Italy or maybe UK... He complies and they still handcuffed him before apologizing that it's a mismatched identity

Okay
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Coolgent(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Blackmail is a serious crime
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Coolgent(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2023
Peacemaker5129:
Kuti fvck up seriously
Blackmail is a serious crime, and they may put slug into your head
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Thomasankara(m): 4:16am On May 17, 2023
[/color]naija na cruise, was Abba Kyari handcuffed? [color=#770077]
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by Slurity(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2023
princepeter566:
Mc oloumo will one day be handcuffed like this.
And after that happens, you will become millionaire? Hatred only pull you down, stop it and grow.
Re: Police Speaks On Why Seun Kuti Was Handcuffed by donrexhibites(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2023
If you don't place handcuffs on a person who slapped a police officer, who will you then cuff?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mompha Buys His 4-Year-Old Son N560k IphoneX (Video) / Genevieve Nnaji And M I Abaga At Old Age ,see Pictures / Toyin Aimakhu And Her Curves Stun In Dallas (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.