Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours (28145 Views)

Court Grants Portable Bail / Abuja Courts Revokes Jaruma's Bail, Orders Her Re-Arrest And Remand / Court Grants Helen Prest-Ajayi 50% Of Late Husbandโ€™s Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by blowjohn(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Are you sure you understood my question? Let me make it plain for you:. The police ended up justifying the reason why Seun slapped the policeman.

How did Seun and how has he been used as a scapegoat?

Oh. Well I don't think so. Even if the police end up maltreating Seun or making his stay in their custody longer than normal, the fact remains that Seun Shud not have laid his hands on the officer.
Can he try that in the US?
He has been used as a scapegoat cos most times it's police maltreating and harassing citizens.

This case is one of very very few where a citizen slaps an officer ( with the citizen being the agressor and with no concrete proof that his life was threatened or in danger, or out of self defense.)

Am sure the police have been waiting for such a time to come.

If u observe carefully, even the case with portable is slightly different cos portable only resisted arrest and didn't honor police invitation which is common, but he didn't slap any officer.

So kuti has been used as a scapegoat
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by blowjohn(m): 11:21pm On May 16, 2023
lusid:
baba, e get one electronic company, them say dem go train u for 4 wks, pay u stipend on top with accomodation b4 employment. Shey na gnld?

No.
GNLD no dey give accomodation.
Even the stipends depends on how many products u sell.

But na subtle slavery and suffering e be.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by truthfinder319: 1:29am On May 17, 2023
Seun was wrong but the children of hate are taking it too personal because he called a Pter Obi as a Panama opportunist.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by truthfinder319: 1:29am On May 17, 2023
Seun was wrong but the children of hate are taking it too personal because he called a Pter Obi as a Panama opportunist.

jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1445204/court-grants-seun-kuti-bail-allows-police-remand-48-hours/
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Thomasankara(m): 4:40am On May 17, 2023
[ kisscolor=#7 kiss70077][/color] don't do anything abeg๐Ÿ™[color=#770077][/color][quote author=saphiere post=12317 kiss5389]Please I need money. I'm ready to do anything. My education is at stake./quote]
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Thomasankara(m): 4:40am On May 17, 2023
[/color] don't do anything abeg๐Ÿ™[color=#770077][quote author=saphiere post=12317 kiss5389]Please I need money. I'm ready to do anything. My education is at stake./quote]
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by lexy2014: 4:41am On May 17, 2023
blowjohn:

Oh. Well I don't think so. Even if the police end up maltreating Seun or making his stay in their custody longer than normal, the fact remains that Seun Shud not have laid his hands on the officer.
Can he try that in the US?
He has been used as a scapegoat cos most times it's police maltreating and harassing citizens.

This case is one of very very few where a citizen slaps an officer ( with the citizen being the agressor and with no concrete proof that his life was threatened or in danger, or out of self defense.)

Am sure the police have been waiting for such a time to come.

If u observe carefully, even the case with portable is slightly different cos portable only resisted arrest and didn't honor police invitation which is common, but he didn't slap any officer.

So kuti has been used as a scapegoat

in everything you have said, you still didnt state how Seun has been used as a scapegoat.

Seun slapped a police man which by law is tantamount to assault. The question is how many times have you seen the police put in this same energy to prosecute police men who assault civilians?

why did the police need to lie that the policeman that Seun slapped is in coma? by lying, have they not ended up justifying the motivation Seun had to slap a policeman?

why are the police eager to get a court order to remand Seun for 21days? have they done that for their colleagues who molest and assault civilians daily? does that not justify endsars agitations and Seuns motivation to slap a policeman?

if the police have a case against Seun, what has going to ransack his house and seizing his wifes phone got to do with assaulting a policeman on the expressway?

Can you tell us the whereabout of the police man that killed the lady lawyer at ajah in front of her husband? Where is Abba Kyari?
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Davytech(m): 5:46am On May 17, 2023
At least his net worth is now - 1 million naira grin

Supposing he had used the 1 million naira to empower widows of slain police officers. He would have built a recognition in the Nigeria police and the internet space. Coz like this I no kuku know the music wey e dey play ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Modifire(m): 6:52am On May 17, 2023
windvane:
that same mumu better pass your generation!!!He stood up to his right!!!never be caught unguard.....he would rather do the time than all the police intimidate him......until your family is chase by a police van and they collide with a trailer,you don't know what it is to defend your family in time of want....if it was a random guy a policeman hit his car and landed in the lagoon,they would label him a fraudster

See dis oloshi na dat ur drunkard papa wey I dey see for bear parlour na him you dey talk to u spoil unrepairable son of a bastard werey. Only me sef fit feed your generations talk more of my entire generation. Oloribuku
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Modifire(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2023
bionixs:
and who do you think won ?

People like you are impossible. If he had resisted, you would have been here shouting that he is stupid and unruly. Now he played them by heeding to the wise advice of his legal team and here you are talking scrap. He played them and won .

Is it same police force whose privates were kicking and slapping their former IG when he was being taken to court for embezzling their salaries ? The military would not do that. Do they even respect themselves?
Second mumu na una type dey spoil d nation simple rule uuns no-go fit follow rubbish lawless baboon
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Ovasize(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2023
ImoleNaija:
He deserves whatever he goes through. It's a slap in the govt's face.

This same govt have been slapin ur gr. father, ur father and slapin u. What about that huh?
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Karemarealty288(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2023
See what "Do you know who I am" caused for this one.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by EndRape2(f): 7:58am On May 17, 2023
Mumu.

quote author=Sebastine1994 post=123175405] Naira Marley
Zazzu cronner
Nnamdi kanu
Sunday igboho
Seun kuti

Nigeria has a way to humble people. This guy would just be giving revisionist history, you can never be like your father, activism cannot be inherited

Children of musicians cannot inherit the singing genes, from frank Sinatra, to dimian Marley, to osadebes children. It is a gift. Whether in the movie industry or anything. Find your own path and stop acting รŸtupid [/quote]
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by dontbothermuch: 7:58am On May 17, 2023
The law is the law. It's a bailable offence
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by EndRape2(f): 8:01am On May 17, 2023
Where is the humility in this, do you know who is family is? He surrender himself at the force headquarters, he was not arrested,

Police can arrest anybody, even president Son
,if he should go against the law .

quote author=ROYALMAXCLEANER post=123175411]Stay out of trouble if you no get ground

Mehn see as E come humble.... grin[/quote]
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by wink2015(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2023
Seun don buy market !
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Fireson: 10:17am On May 17, 2023
Go and sin no more ....

Contact us for all your solar needs . If you are looking for a reliable power backup system for your home or business in Nigeria, a solar inverter is an excellent choice. We offer the best quality at an affordable price. 07018421413

Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by merits(m): 11:05am On May 17, 2023
Tboymessiah:
NasoLifeBe!!!

Direct or indirect, some ppu are above the law in some shit holes country
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by merits(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2023
saphiere:
Please I need money. I'm ready to do anything. My education is at stake.

Let's hang out babe and I will surprise you.
๐Ÿ’ƒ
๐Ÿ’ƒ
๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Just DM or quote me.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by windvane(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2023
Modifire:

See dis oloshi na dat ur drunkard papa wey I dey see for bear parlour na him you dey talk to u spoil unrepairable son of a bastard werey. Only me sef fit feed your generations talk more of my entire generation. Oloribuku
are you don?same stupidity in your family as been passed to you..what a hopeless parents you have.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by bionixs: 12:39pm On May 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
go look for one to slap now
I am not looking for any to slap for now. They have one found that was already slapped and the slapper is winning as we speak
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by bionixs: 12:42pm On May 17, 2023
I
lexy2014:

Pls explain it to us so that we will understand what he did?
He slapped an officer in uniform ! It is a serious offense against the state.

The guy goes home on bail after 48hrs.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by lexy2014: 12:56pm On May 17, 2023
bionixs:
IHe slapped an officer in uniform ! It is a serious offense against the state.

The guy goes home on bail after 48hrs.

can you show me the law that says slapping a police officer is an offence against the state?
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by afariogunone1(f): 1:09pm On May 17, 2023
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Next please
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by bionixs: 2:50pm On May 17, 2023
lexy2014:

can you show me the law that says slapping a police officer is an offence against the state?

. Hereโ€™s what the law says

According to Section 356 of the criminal code act, attacking a police officer is a serious offence and all the incidents highlighted above can be regarded as a felony.

Therefore, the act of locking officers in your vehicle, dragging or holding their uniforms out of anger, and resisting or obstructing arrest are termed serious assaults punishable with at least three years jail term.
Section 356 identifies the following actions as serious assaults.
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by lexy2014: 3:02pm On May 17, 2023
bionixs:

. Hereโ€™s what the law says

According to Section 356 of the criminal code act, attacking a police officer is a serious offence and all the incidents highlighted above can be regarded as a felony.

Therefore, the act of locking officers in your vehicle, dragging or holding their uniforms out of anger, and resisting or obstructing arrest are termed serious assaults punishable with at least three years jail term.
Section 356 identifies the following actions as serious assaults.

Are you sure you understood the question I asked you?

Can you quote verbatim the portion of section 356 of the criminal code where anything like "serious assault" was mentioned or were it attempted to define "serious assault" or make a distinction between "serious assault" or any other type of assault?
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by bionixs: 4:44pm On May 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Are you sure you understood the question I asked you?

Can you quote verbatim the portion of section 356 of the criminal code where anything like "serious assault" was mentioned or were it attempted to define "serious assault" or make a distinction between "serious assault" or any other type of assault?
Verbatim indeed. Childish
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by lexy2014: 4:56pm On May 17, 2023
bionixs:
Verbatim indeed. Childish

How is childish? Can you support your claim you made that section 356 specifically said "serious assault"?

Aren't you supposed to show me were section 356 mentioned these "the act of locking officers in your vehicle, dragging or holding their uniforms out of anger, and resisting or obstructing arrest" and specifically" called them "serious assaults"?

Aren't you the one who is childish for making claims that you can't defend?

You earlier claimed that an assault on a police man is crime against the state. I asked you to show me the law and you came up with section 356 of the criminal code. Where in section 356 of the criminal code does it mention that an assault on a police man is a crime against the state?
Re: Court Grants Seun Kuti Bail, Allows Police To Remand Him For 48 Hours by Uchesis: 10:34pm On May 17, 2023
Okealaaye:

But you are Number One purveyor of tribalism! The more the pity that didn't know!
i don talk my own finish. If seun like let him hear. i've been a member since 2008. i know how nairaland was back then. free of tribal wars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banky W Thanks Basketmouth For Being There Through His Cancer Battle / Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star / Tiwa Savage Attends BRIT Awards After-party (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.