Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. (23328 Views)

Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Cantonese: 7:59am On May 19, 2023
RepoMan007:

Please research the value of yam in cote d'voire. Abidjan and see how we are punishing ourselves in Nigeria because of retrogressive think/farming and greed.

Yam is like garri over there and cheaper than zobo. Just research it online small.

23k will get you far far more than what 10 tubers of yams can ever achieve in hungerland.

In that area, including Oko Ogbele, Anala, Amakom, across the river Niger at Ogbaru as a whole, the problem is not retrogressive thinking or farming. The problem remains the government and the economy. Without dredging of the river, flooding will commence sometime in august. Now already river Niger has started swelling and the race against time for yams, cassava and potatoes has started. Already with the rains a few days ago, farmers planted potatoes. Now when the river overflows, it is about harvest time. A lot of the farmers do not have enough time to harvest their crops and many are lost to flooding.

There is no provision for storing of crops anywhere. Whatever they get, they quickly take to the markets to make the most of it and get back for the same process. There is no assistance in anyway from the governments of Delta and Anambra states for storage or preservation.

Insecurity is a very big challenge with farmers. It is a very big challenge in Delta state. Herdsmen cause many forms of havoc in Delta too.

Again, the entire process of farming yams has become very expensive. You rent lands, buy seedlings exorbitantly, hire labour to tend, purchase herbicides, etc. What about poor access roads, transportation problems, etc. When you factor all these things in, you can then see why prices are very high.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by adubam(m): 8:31am On May 19, 2023
joelison:

That's my village, oshimili north In delta north SD.
Wow. Can we swap village? grin
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Judolisco(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2023
ahnie:
I tried buying a bag of potatoes,and I was told it's 10k(when m not mad)

I asked the mama how much are those portioned ones sold she said it's 1000.

I priced the bagged potatoes for 7k,she turned down my request,so I movvvved.
dis potato no reach 2k for North... Una dey try
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by lavylilly: 1:07pm On May 19, 2023
angry
GeneralPulal:

Hbu?
You available too?
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by GeneralPulal: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil / Tony Elumelu And President Emmanuel Macron In Lagos (Photos) / Man Gifts Tony Elumelu A Pair Of Custom Made Shoes (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.