Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Nothing Is Permanent In This World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nothing Is Permanent In This World (1837 Views)

The Biggest Mistake A Man Can Make Is To Think A Womans Love Is Permanent ...... / The Most Wasted Money In This World Is The Money You Spent On Girlfriends - Reno / Never You! I Repeat Never You Trust Your Girlfriend Or Any Girl In This World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 6:33pm On May 18, 2023
Nothing is Permanent In This World

I visited my 120-year-old grandmother and gave her some money when I was leaving and she told me she doesn't need money again.

That she can no longer buy or sell at her age, so I should give the money to the younger ones who need it.

I also have a former governor friend whom I worked with as a greenhorn PA. He was governor from 1999-2007.
Not too long ago, I saw him.

After check-in, he was left seated by the corner of the Murtala Mohammed international airport awaiting his flight.

No one even recognized him again, not even passengers from the State where he was governor, and as I walked up to him and greeted him, then asked if he wanted any assistance, he stretched forth his trembling hands to hold me and simply said,

"Thank you for even recognizing me again. I just want your attention briefly my daughter . Sit down let me ask you something.

How is your Governor doing?"

I also have a retired Major General friend whom I served as a golf caddy at the NDA golf course in Kurmi Mashi, Kaduna.
He was so rich he built a beautiful house he was so proud of.

I visited him too not long ago and wanted us to climb to our favorite spot on his balcony upstairs.

He stared at me with a broad smile and said, "IT, I can't remember the year I went up there. It is lizards and cobwebs and the likes that live there now.

Even the kids, when they come, they don't enjoy my company in the house any more than a few hours and they are gone.

I don't have the limbs to climb up there again and the cost of cleaning keeps getting higher."

I have seen a lot more things.
How yesterday became the day before, how today became yesterday, and how tomorrow became today.

How the past became history, how the present became the past, and how the future became the present.
Nothing ever remains where it is.

Your strength, your muscles, your beauty, your wealth, your guts, your worth, your courage, your talent, your YOU, will progressively diminish until it returns to its source.

The richest man in the world in the 1960s will not be on the payroll of the richest man in the world today!

Even the strongest lion in the jungle will someday become weak, and frail and be eaten by the same predators it once terrorized.

Keep that in mind always and know that no matter how appealing and tempting that thing may seem, our interest in it will diminish with time.

Our strength to consume or own it will vanish with time until everything is surely taken away from us or we are surely taken away from everything!

"Nothing is permanent in this world".

Wishing you very Reflective Times.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!
!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Tenrack: 6:43pm On May 18, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=123219695][/quote] beautiful piece, IyaTola

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Hotwest: 6:43pm On May 18, 2023
Good write up! Heavy thoughts here

Mentioning Maj.Gen up there made me just remember my Dad. He retired in that rank and have so much money...he is aging now but you won't believe this man won't even let go or part with some of his money to help a son grow. Anytime i go see him and plead for financial help even if it's borrow he won't accept. Anyway I have left him to hold on to his things as he wants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by LordIsaac(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2023
Hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 6:47pm On May 18, 2023
wink
Tenrack:
beautiful piece, IyaTola
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by illicit(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2023
Yeah sure

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Itohanmiwa: 6:57pm On May 18, 2023
This post is old na. At least make your reference.

6 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Sanni45(m): 9:23pm On May 18, 2023
IyaTola:

Nice piece
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 8:19am On May 19, 2023
wink
illicit:
Yeah sure

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 7:14pm On May 20, 2023
wink
LordIsaac:
Hmmmm!
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by oxiide22(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
IyaTola:
wink
lady

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 8:55pm On May 22, 2023
oxiide22:
help me with 5k
I wish I could I don't have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Postinor: 9:10pm On May 22, 2023
We were created from dust and we would end as dust,at times I try thinking about the next 50 yrs, and I get scared,the amount of relatives that would be dead by then, even me would be an old man then, and I just shake my head,this life is really an ephemeral place, and that is why I don't get how these politicians keep on fighting and killing for power, when they would all end up dead at the end of the day

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Postinor: 9:12pm On May 22, 2023
We were created from dust and we would end as dust,at times I try thinking about the next 50 yrs, and I get scared,the amount of relatives that would be dead by then, even me would be an old man then, and I just shake my head,this life is really an ephemeral place, and that is why I don't get how these politicians keep on fighting and killing for power, when they would all end up dead at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by westlius(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2023
Soon these Buhari administration with the governors will expire soon
Many of them will now know they were not loved as a person but loved because of the sensitive office they occupy.
Even there PA, aids and close pals will forget to call them or check up on them after few years of leaving office

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by lavylilly: 7:08am On May 25, 2023
*BUILD PEOPLE*

*1. Nothing makes life sweeter than making people happy*
*2. The people you help today become your soldiers in the battle of life tomorrow*
*3. To invest in properties is good but to invest in people is far far better.*
*4. Try to make money, but try also to make people great.*
*5. Your greatest trophies are the tears you wipe away from people's faces not the things you acquire.*
*6. Your greatest achievement should be raising achievers.*
*7. People will defend, stand by you & honour you when they realise you value them*
*8. Don't let an ingrate stop you from making others Great.*
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by oxiide22(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2023
lavylilly:
*BUILD PEOPLE*

*1. Nothing makes life sweeter than making people happy*
*2. The people you help today become your soldiers in the battle of life tomorrow*
*3. To invest in properties is good but to invest in people is far far better.*
*4. Try to make money, but try also to make people great.*
*5. Your greatest trophies are the tears you wipe away from people's faces not the things you acquire.*
*6. Your greatest achievement should be raising achievers.*
*7. People will defend, stand by you & honour you when they realise you value them*
*8. Don't let an ingrate stop you from making others Great.*
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by lavylilly: 7:16am On May 25, 2023
oxiide22:
God bless you
Amen
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by MechanicMike: 7:37am On May 25, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=123219695][/quote]

angry
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by SavageResponse(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2023
Hotwest:

Mentioning Maj.Gen up there made me just remember my Dad. He retired in that rank and have so much money...he is aging now but you won't believe this man won't even let go or part with some of his money to help a son grow. Anytime i go see him and plead for financial help even if it's borrow he won't accept. Anyway I have left him to hold on to his things as he wants.

Comot eye from ya papa money.

Make you go fight for your own fortune
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Blupen969(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2023
Hotwest:

Your daddy no get joy at all
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Hotwest: 8:28am On May 25, 2023
Blupen969:
Your daddy no get joy at all
Guy see I don beg this man tire even if na 1m to ginger my confidence so I can get married and all...but the old general go dey insist on he struggled to get where he is ..I told him things are different these days and atleast I pay rent...their own days na barrack free house! He trained me to university level yeah I know and appreciate but an extra hand can make him proud of me.

Person I buy am ipad and helped him install bank app ..I see 850million e shock me!

I don beg for 1million wey no be money these days sef even as loan but he everytime dont even want to hear that.

Some people no wan know o...Dem go hate by now
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by oxiide22(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2023
lavylilly:
Amen
sis
Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Blupen969(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2023
Hotwest:
Guy see I don beg this man tire even if na 1m to ginger my confidence so I can get married and all...but the old general go dey insist on he struggled to get where he is ..I told him things are different these days and atleast I pay rent...their own days na barrack free house! He trained me to university level yeah I know and appreciate but an extra hand can make him proud of me.

Person I buy am ipad and helped him install bank app ..I see 850million e shock me!

I don beg for 1million wey no be money these days sef even as loan but he everytime dont even want to hear that.

Some people no wan know o...Dem go hate by now
Then forget about him money and hustle like an orphan bro, you no go die if him no deh so forget am and do yours bro i wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by OloyeVIII: 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
IyaTola:
wink
Why you got yo digits on display?

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by Cyril44: 1:07pm On May 25, 2023
I have read this here befor

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Permanent In This World by IyaTola: 9:26am On May 27, 2023
cry
OloyeVIII:

Why you got yo digits on display?

(1) (Reply)

Why Does People.hate Nice And Humble People?? / What Turns On A Woman? / ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.