Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm (6290 Views)

The Dimensions And Tips For Rest On Every Side / How Russian & Ukraine War Explain The Spiritual Realm Vividly / Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Dimension exists SOLELY for physical objects.
First look up the definition of “dimensions” and why it is needed.

In a one-dimensional space, objects are represented as lines or curves along a single direction. This dimension is often used to describe objects that have length but no width or height. Examples of one-dimensional objects include a piece of string, a wire, or a straight road.

In a two-dimensional space, objects are represented on a plane, defined by two perpendicular axes (such as x and y). This dimension allows for the description of objects with length and width, but no height.
Examples of two-dimensional objects include squares, circles, triangles, or images on a screen.

If a supernatural being and angels are not physical object why do they need to have dimensions talkless of having more and more dimensions?
how can a thing be related to itself?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 11:35am On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
how can a thing be related to itself?

Reflexivity is a property that describes a relationship where an element or entity is related to itself in some way.

In mathematics, reflexivity is a fundamental property of certain relationships, such as equality. For example, the statement "x = x" is a reflexive statement because it asserts that an element x is equal to itself.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:39am On May 22, 2023
LordReed:

TenQ as you can see I am not the only one who can perceive that you don't know what you are talking about.
What can be done to those who choose to be lost!

I have asked you a simple question, but fear will not let you say anything

Lets have your own theory and definition of Zero Dimension, 1D, 2D and 3D

I am waiting!
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:39am On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

You are the one that doesn’t know what zero dimension mean, otherwise you won’t say it is a subset.

The idea of higher dimensional spaces has been explored example is string theory, you are not saying anything new.

Understand the basics first!

zero dimension refers to a point, it is the most fundamental building block in higher-dimensional spaces. One dimension, on the other hand, introduces the notion of length or distance along a straight line.
zero dimension is a concept that forms the basis for constructing higher-dimensional spaces, including one-dimensional spaces or 100000- dimensional spaces.
I am not disputing about zero Dimension!

KnownUnknown:

You’re not even intelligible enough to have a conversation with. You use the concept of set wrongly and you use the concept of infinity wrongly. You are not saying anything comprehensible yet you keep on going. This isn’t a religious gathering where people get away with such chicanery.

We live in a 3D world or 4D (if you consider time a dimension). If planes such as 5D or more exists, we obviously can’t access them and if someone were to access 5D, such person would be hard pressed to describe his/her experience.

Your problem is using this obvious knowledge and attempting to equate your god and spiritual mumbo jumbo as having existence in higher dimensions which you will call “spiritual”. So, a 3D being can’t comprehend a 5D world just like an atheist can’t comprehend “spiritual” things. That’s your whole shtick. However, leprechauns occupy all higher dimensions so your god is shit out of luck.
I am so fortunate today to meet intelligent people who cannot think in abstraction.

We live in a 3 D world and everything about us is in 3D:
Is it possible to abstract a 1 D space within our 3D space?
Is it possible to abstract a 2 D space within our 3D space?

It looks like you cant!

I have not even started talking higher dimensions to you: so dont bring the issue of spiritual things into it yet

In a 2 Dimensional Space , it it impossible to have infinite number of one dimensional objects?
In a 3 Dimensional Space , it it impossible to have infinite number of two dimensional objects?

It seems that your answer is no by the way you are talking.

A 0 D object is a mathematical abstraction or theoretical point with no physical dimension: it is represented as a point, a dot or a pixel in graphical or space representation.
It looks like your objective is to say "It doesn't exist in reality" and therefore its a wrong concept

Now that you are more learned,
Lets have your own theory of Zero Dimension, 1D, 2D and 3D

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 11:42am On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

I am not disputing about zero Dimension!

Let’s start with the definition of dimensions, why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:45am On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
the universe can't exist. Google says an event requires space and time but the big bang does not. That is a contradiction.
You asked a question, and I responded:

What is the connection between "the Universe can't exist": you may wish to link your question , my response and this your writeup together

The topic has nothing to do with the universe existing or not existing
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:46am On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Let’s start with the definition of dimensions, why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.
Sorry, I want to learn

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by KnownUnknown: 11:47am On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

I am so fortunate today to meet intelligent people who cannot think in abstraction.

We live in a 3 D world and everything about us is in 3D:
Is it possible to abstract a 1 D space within our 3D space?
Is it possible to abstract a 2 D space within our 3D space?

It looks like you cant!

I have not even started talking higher dimensions to you: so dont bring the issue of spiritual things into it yet

In a 2 Dimensional Space , it it impossible to have infinite number of one dimensional objects?
In a 3 Dimensional Space , it it impossible to have infinite number of two dimensional objects?

It seems that your answer is no by the way you are talking.

A 0 D object is a mathematical abstraction or theoretical point with no physical dimension: it is represented as a point, a dot or a pixel in graphical or space representation.
It looks like your objective is to say "It doesn't exist in reality" and therefore its a wrong concept

Prolix nonsense is what we have here.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 11:47am On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

Sorry, I want to learn

How can you learn if you don’t understand the basic.
What do you understand by dimensions and why is it needed, from there we will know why more dimensions should be needed.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:50am On May 22, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Prolix nonsense is what we have here.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 11:51am On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

How can you learn if you don’t understand the basic.
What do you understand by dimensions and why is it needed, from there we will know why more dimensions should be needed.

Are you afraid?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 11:56am On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

Are you afraid?

I already defined it severally and even gave you examples.

Afraid of defining dimension or afraid of you. “Afraid” of what exactly?
It seems like a “catchphrase” to you.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 12:03pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

I already defined it severally and even gave you examples.

Afraid of defining the dimension or afraid of you. “Afraid” of what?
It seems like a “catchphrase” to you.
You haven't sir.

Lets have your description as I did mine in the first page!
0D, 1D, 2D and 3D

So simple: you can even do copy-paste as I will ask you questions on it
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 12:09pm On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

You haven't sir.

Lets have your description as I did mine in the first page!
0D, 1D, 2D and 3D

So simple: you can even do copy-paste as I will ask you questions on it

I already did severally and gave you examples.

zero dimension refers to a point, it is the most fundamental building block in higher-dimensional spaces. One dimension, on the other hand, introduces the notion of length or distance along a straight line.
zero dimension is a concept that forms the basis for constructing higher-dimensional spaces, including one-dimensional spaces or 100000- dimensional spaces.

“Dimension exists for objects.

In a one-dimensional space, objects are represented as lines or curves along a single direction. This dimension is often used to describe objects that have length but no width or height. Examples of one-dimensional objects include a piece of string, a wire, or a straight road.

In a two-dimensional space, objects are represented on a plane, defined by two perpendicular axes (such as x and y). This dimension allows for the description of objects with length and width, but no height.
Examples of two-dimensional objects include squares, circles, triangles, or images on a screen.”
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:20pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Reflexivity is a property that describes a relationship where an element or entity is related to itself in some way.

In mathematics, reflexivity is a fundamental property of certain relationships, such as equality. For example, the statement "x = x" is a reflexive statement because it asserts that an element x is equal to itself.
related to things never meant related to itself. I was patient unto your assumption. Everything is a thing nobody made specific. Even google does not make it specific. The unanswered questions about the universe show it does not exist. The big bang requires no time and space yet is an event. Such is nonsense. An event in which time and space begin yet are needed for it(the event) to start. A start requires time and space around by default.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 12:23pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
related to things never meant related to itself. I was patient unto your assumption. Everything is a thing nobody made specific. Even google does not make it specific. The unanswered questions about the universe show it does not exist. The big bang requires no time and space yet is an event. Such is nonsense. An event in which time and space begin yet are needed for it(the event) to start. A start requires time and space around by default.
“ how can a thing be related to itself?” lol
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 12:24pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

I already did severally and gave you examples.

“Dimension exists for objects.

Examples of two-dimensional objects include squares, circles, triangles, or images on a screen.”
Thank you.

It is possible to have a one-dimensional (1D) space within a two-dimensional (2D) space?

Is it possible to have a two-dimensional (2D) space within a three-dimensional (3D) space?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
why are most humans theists despite your stand? Why?

Because of a myriad of reasons that can be summed into: they like belief.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 12:26pm On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

Thank you.

It is possible to have a one-dimensional (1D) space within a two-dimensional (2D) space?

Is it possible to have a two-dimensional (2D) space within a three-dimensional (3D) space?

Answer my own questions too, this is not an interview.

“Let’s start with the definition of dimensions, why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.”
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

You asked a question, and I responded:

What is the connection between "the Universe can't exist": you may wish to link your question , my response and this your writeup together

The topic has nothing to do with the universe existing or not existing
it connects becuz u mention the universe.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 12:28pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Answer my own questions too, this is not an interview.

“Let’s start with the definition of dimensions, why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.”
I am going with your definition!
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 12:32pm On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

I am going with your definition!

why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.?
What can exist without dimensions?

Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 12:36pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
it connects becuz u mention the universe.
You asked
HellVictorinho6:
WHAT IS OUR 3D SPACE?
My response:
This is the Spatial coordinates through which energy and forces can interact with matter in our universe!
In Cartesian coordinates, we speak of the x, y and z directions and these three constitute our allowed vector that projects our 3D space.

You then responded with
the universe can't exist. Google says an event requires space and time but the big bang does not. That is a contradiction.

How does a definition results into your contradiction?
Your two questions has nothing to do with existence of the Universe.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2023
LordReed:

Because of a myriad of reasons that can be summed into: they like belief.
like? I think it is another evidence of 'this world no fit balance' . They do not have to like it to have it in them. Shows the world is not the design of a mind. Too many twists and turns. Needless complexities here and there. It has no purpose. We just exist. There is a limit to what happens by choice.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:41pm On May 22, 2023
TenQ:

You asked

My response:
This is the Spatial coordinates through which energy and forces can interact with matter in our universe!
In Cartesian coordinates, we speak of the x, y and z directions and these three constitute our allowed vector that projects our 3D space.

You then responded with

How does a definition results into your contradiction?
Your two questions has nothing to do with existence of the Universe.
why did u mention the universe?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

“ how can a thing be related to itself?” lol
meaning?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by LordReed(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
like? I think it is another evidence of 'this world no fit balance' . They do not have to like it to have it in them. Shows the world is not the design of a mind. Too many twists and turns. Needless complexities here and there. It has no purpose. We just exist. There is a limit to what happens by choice.

They like it otherwise facts would be enough to convince them.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by Maynmaynmayn: 12:54pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
meaning?
That was your own question.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2023
LordReed:

They like it otherwise facts would be enough to convince them.
they see those facts as a proof of god rather. Ten died but i survived the crash ,praise god. He had mercy on me ,hell.
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 12:58pm On May 22, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

why it is needed, and what will happen if there are no dimensions.?
What can exist without dimensions?
I don't know why you insist on changing the course of narration.

Let me oblige you so that we can move forward!

Definition Dimensions:
1. In mathematics and physics, a dimension refers to the number of independent directions or coordinates required to describe an object or space . It provides a quantitative measure of the extent or complexity of a system.

2. In the context of geometry, the term "dimension" often refers to spatial dimensions. For example, in two-dimensional (2D) space, two coordinates (such as length and width) are needed to specify the position of an object. In three-dimensional (3D) space, three coordinates (length, width, and height) are required. Higher-dimensional spaces, such as four-dimensional (4D) spacetime in physics, involve additional independent directions.

3. Dimensions can also be abstract and apply to other mathematical structures beyond physical space. For instance, a vector space may have a finite number of dimensions or even an infinite number of dimensions.

In general, the concept of dimension provides a framework for understanding the properties, relationships, and complexity of objects and spaces in various mathematical, geometric, and physical contexts.

What happens if there is no Dimensions?
Then objects and space will not exist except as an abstract theoretical objects as a point, dot or pixel in a graphical or space representation.

Now that I have answered your QUESTIONS (did I miss any?), Please respond to mine.
1. It is possible to have a one-dimensional (1D) space within a two-dimensional (2D) space?

2. If the above is possible,
Is it possible for a hypothetical point object in a 1D space know by any means that he is within a 2D or 3D or nD space?

If the question 1 is impossible, can you explain why?
Re: The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm by TenQ: 1:02pm On May 22, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
why did u mention the universe?
Universe mean EVERYWHERE?

We are constrained in a 3D universe my friend!
SMH!

Don't forget, your question was about
HellVictorinho6:
WHAT IS OUR 3D SPACE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? / Deepsight: Is Consciousness A Divine Attribute Or An Accident Of Evolution? / Why You Have A Spiritual Wife/husband: The Truth None Has Told You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.