Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (473854 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:39am On Aug 03, 2023
rinzylee:
Lloyd switch £150 - I chop am

Natwest £200 - I chop am

First direct £175 - I chop am

Chopnt you yet?

Where is the next Chopchop?

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thedon12: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2023
Please I urgently need accommodation in Glasgow, if you have any lead. Kindly let me know. Any form either sharing or letting. I have my money ready.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2023
rinzylee:
Lloyd switch £150 - I chop am

Natwest £200 - I chop am

First direct £175 - I chop am

Chopnt you yet?

Where is the next Chopchop?

TSB £200

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2023
Yea ...another option would be to trade as spirit leads with students coming in soon and looking to pay their fees or cost of living in exchange for Naira ...might take time to dispense but ...might be worth the while.

wonlasewonimi:

Good idea with the lemonade. I will contact them thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2023
Knowlegeseeking:
Hi Guys,

Please i want to understand something.

Switching from a T4 to a T2 Visa will put you on a 5 year route to ILR. Which means you will require sponsorship for those 5 years till you get your ILR where you no longer require sponsorship to work in the UK right?

Now is that same for a person who switches from a T4 to a PSW first and then a T2, which will put the person on the 10 years route to ILR. Will the person also require continuous sponsorship till they obtain ILR in which they will no longer require sponsorship to continue to work in the UK?

Once you get T2, you are on the 5 year track beginning from when you get the it (all other things being equal). And yes, you would require sponsorship for the 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2023
Viruses:

TSB £200

Abeg how?

Link biko
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2023
rinzylee:

Abeg how?

Link biko

You dey vex o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2023
rinzylee:

Abeg how?

Link biko

Google TSB switch offer and go through.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hamof: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2023
Good morning everyone in the house, please I will be coming to Manchester next month so I want to have an idea of what to expect in the aspect of housing, job hunting and the environment.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2023
hustla:

You dey vex o

My dear eeh... e reach to vex o. I don lose small small useless money for this country to parking tickets .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2023
Viruses:

Google TSB switch offer and go through.

I don see am. The time frame sha. I no too get direct debit on my new account.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KingDemolah(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2023
Haalifax have started theirs but since you have received a switching bonus from LLoyds, not sure you qualify: https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/switch-to-halifax.html
rinzylee:

I don see am. The time frame sha. I no too get direct debit on my new account.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by supo19884: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I'm conducting academic research on the impact of AI integration on project change management. Your participation in this survey will help me to better understand the challenges and opportunities associated with this topic.

To take the survey, please click on the following Google form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAsYQiARr8ruKVSkv4HzDszbJXto9kQepwKPipp-DRTW2fYQ/formResponse.

I would also be grateful if you could share the survey with your network. This will help me to reach a wider audience and get more valuable feedback. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Regards,
Olasupo Malomo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2023
wonlasewonimi:
What is the best way to transfer a large amount of money from UK to Nigeria ~ £100k

Trade by barter......... 🙄

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 11:01am On Aug 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Trade by barter......... 🙄

I have trust issues, I am a professional skeptic cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2023
supo19884:
Hi Everyone,
I'm conducting academic research on the impact of AI integration on project change management. Your participation in this survey will help me to better understand the challenges and opportunities associated with this topic.

To take the survey, please click on the following Google form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAsYQiARr8ruKVSkv4HzDszbJXto9kQepwKPipp-DRTW2fYQ/formResponse.

I would also be grateful if you could share the survey with your network. This will help me to reach a wider audience and get more valuable feedback. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Regards,
Olasupo Malomo
Link not working..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2023
KingDemolah:
Haalifax have started theirs but since you have received a switching bonus from LLoyds, not sure you qualify: https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/switch-to-halifax.html

Eeeeh na to go open new account join body nah.

This administration go favour me grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 11:50am On Aug 03, 2023
Thank you.

koonbey:

Once you get T2, you are on the 5 year track beginning from when you get the it (all other things being equal). And yes, you would require sponsorship for the 5 years.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2023
Thank you.

elisinho:

Any form of legal stay in the uk counts towards the 10 year route, T4, PSW, T2 if all equal 10 years u get ILR.
T2 alone 5 years equal ILR
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hmmm ...abeg how can one avoid stabbing for this youkay? Becos I don't understand again o angry

Lexusgs430:
https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/gang-teenagers-found-guilty-after-27448691

Another Nigeria child, involved in knife crime.......

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
bigtt76:
Hmmm ...abeg how can one avoid stabbing for this youkay? Becos I don't understand again o angry

Watch your back, front and side....... Keep running......... 😂🏃🏃🏃😁🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by samsmokey: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:
https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/gang-teenagers-found-guilty-after-27448691

Another Nigeria child, involved in knife crime.......

I don’t think I saw any nationality mentioned in the story though.
In any case, those London ghettos are the worst place to raise a child.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
This person carry very giant dog enter this bus, so I relocate go back back. The dog has been showing signs of aggression. I don near the emergency exit door and also google how to open am. The dog looks like it will go rogue

One person don even complain and tell her he feels uncomfortable. Me I don Dey near door sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
samsmokey:

I don’t think I saw any nationality mentioned in the story though.
In any case, those London ghettos are the worst place to raise a child.

AY is from northern part of nigeria.....🇳🇬😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
gmacnoms:
This person carry very giant dog enter this bus, so I relocate go back back. The dog has been showing signs of aggression. I don near the emergency exit door and also google how to open am. The dog looks like it will go rogue

One person don even complain and tell her he feels uncomfortable. Me I don Dey near door sha
grin grin ordinary dog you dey fear
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Another Nigerian child, involved in knife crime.......

I think the environment plays a large part in a child’s life.

I see places in this England, and never imagine I would want to live there not to talk of raising a child.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
babajeje123:

grin grin ordinary dog you dey fear
Dog wey dey follow e owner Dey argue? For inside public bus.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
cheesy ...I know but what kind of trouble should one avoid for zanga? cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Watch your back, front and side....... Keep running......... 😂🏃🏃🏃😁🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Another Nigerian child, involved in knife crime.......

I wonder why common factor is black boys in most cases as this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by samsmokey: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
bigtt76:

These stabbings are like the cult battles in Nigeria. Randoms aren’t often the targets. Most of the victims of stabbings are usually connected one way or another to their attackers so if you’re not in their path you’d be mostly ok.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Akhat, Zahra29, heroshark(m), LionInZion, Schoolhike and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.