Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (465181 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2023
Morning. Okay. Thank you. But when he clicks yes, the option says to upload our passports.
seunoj:

Yes.
This doesn’t mean dependants have to apply now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2023
[quote author=lavida001 post=124952496][/quote]
Teaching job not really difficult to find just go to council site and search you will see how many offer on the table for teachers compare to working in prison.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2023
amanze54:
Please I need some guidance, advice and feedback...

I have two offers which I am divided on which to choose

I am through with my MSc in Data Science here and already on tier 2 courtesy of my wife who got a sponsored support work

The first offer is a prison officer with a starting salary of 28k.

The second offer is a Department of Education Financed training to be a physic teacher with a bursary of 28k for 10 month, I will be paid 19k while 9k will go to the Secondary school providing the training which is affiliated to a university. At the end I will be given QTS ( qualifications to teach) and a PGCE. Now at the end of the training, I am required to look for a teaching job.

Please I need a guidance on which to go, given the peculiarity of this country.

September is start date for both.

Do not mind any grammatical error.
Note I can't do both given the way the training is structured
Could you please share how you applied for the teacher's training?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 10:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Joyfuljoyful:
Morning. Okay. Thank you. But when he clicks yes, the option says to upload our passports.

Sorry, I just check again now. It’s a no. He will still be required to provide your passport details only. A yes will require him to upload as u have seen

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2023
Okay. Thanks alot!
seunoj:

Sorry, I just check again now. It’s a no. He will still be required to provide your passport details only. A yes will require him to upload as u have seen
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:52am On Aug 08, 2023
@All

When buying a land from any of these agencies in Nigeria how do one verify that they are genuine? Apart from visiting their offices and viewing the land which other ways can one verify that these are not scammers?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Blurpy: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2023
Verifying the supposed seller land documents with the ministry of lands. I have a lawyer who can do that for you
justwise:
@All

When buying a land from any of these agencies in Nigeria how do one verify that they are genuine? Apart from visiting their offices and viewing the land which other ways can one verify that these are not scammers?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KolaShangOne(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2023
justwise:
@All

There has been a history of "Real Estate companies" that do not have genuine documents. Some will collect money without allocating the lands.

First, check their history. You can google their names.

Before buying land, you also have to confirm that the estate has genuine document (Global C of O) for that land.

This you can do by going to Ministry of Lands.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OfferAccepted: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2023
justwise:
@All

You can also get a surveyor to chart the land.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Honestydoer: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2023
Which app is the cheapest to call Nigeria from UK.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
Some Nigerian students reported their experience with Swansea university to ITV News:

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-08-07/students-face-deportation-after-university-fees-paid-hours-late
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
Schoolhike:

civilservicejobs*service*gov*uk

Replace * with .

Check some of my previous posts also
guy drop me your whatsapp number pls
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
justwise:
@All

Hmmm Just wise

Be very careful is all I can say and try to employ the services of a 'street' land lawyer, not those ones with suit that sit all day in the office talking English

Quite a lot of land related scams these days from 'verified' companies
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
justwise:
@All

you might also want to post question about the particular agency. Some might even genuine sell land/houses but might have terrible customer experience with regards to the journey from payment to ownership (exchange of keys/Docs). One can draw from others experience. Been on both sides of the divide and dealing with a terrible agency would always leave a sour taste in the mouth.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Honestydoer: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Honestydoer:
Thanks
I need to call directly to phone lines urgently. Any help?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please I have a NHS interview (Band 3) in London. And I'll be coming from Manchester. Please does NHS sponsor band 3 [therapy assistants]. I want to know so I won't stress myself to london
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
Okay. Thanks alot!.
seunoj:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Greathand01:
Please I have a NHS interview (Band 3) in London. And I'll be coming from Manchester. Please does NHS sponsor band 3 [therapy assistants]. I want to know so I won't stress myself to london

Yes, they should be able to sponsor because both (occupational therapists and physiotherapist are both on health care shortage occupation list), but I got an info from a friend that some now require you to work say like 3 months first. And note sponsorship will likely to towards the end of your current visa.

I can relate to your apprehension about the stress and expenses of traveling, but I do believe that going for interview is also an experience on its own.

Wish you success in your upcoming interview.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
lavida001:

guy drop me your whatsapp number pls

Sorry, I can’t, we can go private anyway
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
Honestydoer:

I need to call directly to phone lines urgently. Any help?

I use Rebtel

Don't know if it's cheap enough for you

You can check their plans

2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
Schoolhike:

Yes, they should be able to sponsor because both (occupational therapists and physiotherapist are both on health care shortage occupation list), but I got an info from a friend that some now require you to work say like 3 months first. And note sponsorship will likely to towards the end of your current visa.

I can relate to your apprehension about the stress and expenses of traveling, but I do believe that going for interview is also an experience on its own.

Wish you success in your upcoming interview.
Booking my bus asap. Thank you for your words of encouragement, I will give it a go.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
Greathand01:
Booking my bus asap. Thank you for your words of encouragement, I will give it a go.

Remember us when you blow

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
justwise:
@All

The seller will give you photocopy of the land docs, that is what you take to ministry to verify. That is what I heard.

The bolded is not among the ways and the company's reputation or track record is not a guarantee.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hello guys.

I had a job from nov 2022 till date. PS its my first and only job in uk.

Now from nov 2022 to april 2023 my salary is not up to 12k. But within these months, i paid tax of about 100+ in feb, march and apr 2023.

On the hmrc site it says i paid 0 pounds which i assume is the correct thing.

But my employers took taxes from me.

I feel i should have the feb,march and apr taxes refunded by now or could i be wrong?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
Honestydoer:
Thanks

I use Tesco International Calling app and I've been satisfied with it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Honestydoer: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Viruses:

I use Tesco International Calling app and I've been satisfied with it.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LifeisShort01: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
There has been lot of 'stories that touch' regarding proxy purchase of landed properties. However, I can guarantee you 💯 regarding any purchase in Osun State if you are interested.

justwise:
@All

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LifeisShort01: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
1 room is available in a 2-bedroom flat at G31. A good and serene environment , closer to different bus stops, African store and forge for a neat and calm female.

Rent: £500 Bills included
Deposit: £100

DM for more info or call +447766241453
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Honestydoer: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
hustla:

I use Rebtel

Don't know if it's cheap enough for you

You can check their plans

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
I need insight on writing PS of this kind

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Schoolhike:

Sorry, I can’t, we can go private anyway
That na long thing mate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
lavida001:
I need insight on writing PS of this kind

Use ChatGPT. And I strongly suggest you get someone to edit/proofread for you before submitting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.