Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (498563 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (562) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Viruses:

Christianity means christ-like.
Not everything that is pastor or church related is christ-like.

In this your example, the pastor is not a Christian.

Simply put, a christian is not someone that goes to church, a Christian is someone that behaves like christ. So if you want to give an example, use Jesus Christ.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
gergemam:
@Lexusg430

Daddy, what's the cheapest options to get to Heathrow Terminal 2/3 from London Kings Cross.

My search shows I will need to change train in Victoria.

Piccadilly line goes straight to/from Heathrow Terminal 2, 3 and 5 to St Pancres/Kings Cross for £3.70.

You can also use Heathrow Express to Paddington and then get the tube to Kings Cross. If you book Heathrow Express well in advance, a return journey will cost £11.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by alakiki: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Superex:

Lol if you grin see the way I dey look this your map 😅 na only coloured lines I dey see since😂

Lol be like na the Uber go be best bet at last 😅😅 cuz this direction eh. Make I just commot airport begin ask people for London underground lol? Make I no go see myself trending on UK Tiktok🤣🤣

Thanks jare

Lmao. London underground can be stressful for a first timer especially with plenty luggage.
Baba gave you two options. You can use the Uber since you dey avoid TikTok grin 🤣🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2023
koonbey:

What a great read! I've always been inundated with such narratives. Now I know there's a term for it - 'No true Scotsman, No true Christian'........

Not really surprising though, as an average human hates to be wrong even for just once, let alone accepting being wrong.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
rinzylee:

Lmao.... I no send again

cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 5gee: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please is the scheme to recruit teachers from overseas still open? If so, please kindly post information or links to where I can find more information on how to apply from outside the UK for teaching jobs. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hamof: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
jum33:

Manchester is a big place,there are cities and their are towns ,which city/town in manchester ?

Thanks for your response, am looking at Stockport but I can move to anywhere that has more job opportunity and reasonable living expenses.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HaneefahRN(f): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
ukay2:

Same thing you usually check ...mileage, petrol or diesel, services, non-accidental, road tax ,MOT, Insurance and not a stolen vehicle.

I would prefer buying from good local garages near you with good 6 months warranty than FB or Gumtree to avoid stories.

You will get insurance before you drive out from the garage.

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HaneefahRN(f): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
hayesconcept:
You must do your insurance and tax your car before you drive out of the garage.

Thank you smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2023
justwise:

He is a Christian, no Christian is without sin. If 1% of Nigerians are as Christ-like as you stated here then Nigeria will be heaven on earth considering the number of churches we have in Nigeria.

I choose my words carefully. I didn't say a Christian is someone that does not sin. I said a Christian is someone that behaves like christ.

In christ, there is forgiveness and forgiveness will not exist without sin but that is not the issue.

The issue is that in the example you stated, the pastor is not a Christian.

There are churches established for the purpose of taking people away form christ, those are not just sinners, they are anti-christ.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
Revolut does it for me see below (you get multi-currency accounts to receive and payout USD inclusive)

Join me and over 28 million users who love Revolut. Sign up with my link below: https://revolut.com/referral/?referral-code=temitaim40!AUG1-23-AR-H1

Craggybogg:
Hello House! I want to ask what app do those based in the UK use to make strictly dollar payments? Or how do you open a dollar account in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Viruses:

I choose my words carefully. I didn't say a Christian is someone that does not said a Christian is someone that behaves like christ.

In christ, there is forgiveness and forgiveness will not exist without sin but that is not the issue.

The issue is that in the example you stated, the pastor is not a Christian.

There are churches established for the purpose of taking people away form christ, those are not just sinners, they are anti-christ.

You are just speaking in tongues which is very common when church-goers want to deflect from the real issue.

You agreed that Christians can commit sin but a pastor who committed sin is not a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello, how much is one expected to pay on enrollment after the deposit of £4000? Is tuition negotiable in Coventry University? Thank you

Iggyok:
Greetings to you my elders and ancestors in the UK. Arrived here two weeks ago for my Master's degree at Coventry University. Please I will be glad to have your advice on getting a job and making money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
justwise:

You are just speaking in tongues which is very common when church-goers want to deflect from the real issue.

You agreed that Christians can commit sin but a pastor who committed sin is not a Christian?
Simply put, not all pastors are Christians.

Whether you commit sin or not is irrelevant. Mere answering 'pastor' does not make you a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2023
Where we wan start bayi

Iggyok:
Greetings to you my elders and ancestors in the UK. Arrived here two weeks ago for my Master's degree at Coventry University. Please I will be glad to have your advice on getting a job and making money.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Peerielass:

Piccadilly line goes straight to/from Heathrow Terminal 2, 3 and 5 to St Pancres/Kings Cross for £3.70.

You can also use Heathrow Express to Paddington and then get the tube to Kings Cross. If you book Heathrow Express well in advance, a return journey will cost £11.

Thank You, I will book Piccadilly
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lefty500: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
adefoluk:
I can provide you information regarding the research/academic route if that's what you need. You can drop your email

I have tried to reach via nairaland. I would also need this info. I am studying Data Science. I'm currently writing my dissertation, to be done by September.

My email is adigunlefty500@gmail.com.

Thanks man.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's fun to get lost, then found again.......😭😂

Lol, it’s a fun indeed,

Last week, I went to London for the 1st time since I came to Uk, I was forced to understand the underground map.

I first spent almost 15mins to understand the map. (from Euston to Colindale).

Then took the first trip and I missed my way, had to come back again, I had to ask one White guy to explain me better, then that’s it.

Seems it’s a little bit expensive living in England compared to Scotland.

Same trip with subway in Glasgow’s is cheaper.

Also, I think the train in England is a little bit expensive also, coupled with the fact that you might sometimes not even get a seat.

Well maybe where I stayed or been to in England, you also get to pay for most of street parkings, Haa 🙄.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Aug 07, 2023
Schoolhike:

Lol, it’s a fun indeed,

Last week, I went to London for the 1st time since I came to Uk, I was forced to understand the underground map.

I first spent almost 15mins to understand the map. (from Euston to Colindale).

Then took the first trip and I missed my way, had to come back again, I had to ask one White guy to explain me better, then that’s it.

Seems it’s a little bit expensive living in England compared to Scotland.

Same trip with subway in Glasgow’s is cheaper.

Also, I think the train in England is a little bit expensive also, coupled with the fact that you might sometimes not even get a seat.

Well maybe where I stayed or been to in England, you also get to pay for most of street parkings, Haa 🙄.

Mayor Khan never guarantees you a seat....... Just pay your expensive fare (22 sitting & 99 standing).......... 😂🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Segun889: 2:21am On Aug 07, 2023
A couple in Chester (north west England) are relocating, if anyone is interested in buying house hold items you can contact them.

- Samsung flat screen TV
- Tv stand
-Deep freezer 139L
- Sofa set (2 seater and 3 seater) with matching throw pillows
- russel Hobbs iron
- dining table ( extendable) with 4 dining chairs
-Ninja Foodie 14 in 1. Air fryer , pressure cooker etc all in one
-Ninja blender
-Sewing machine
- toddler single bed (extendable)
- Joie Juva travel system ( buggy + infant car seat)
- electric lawn mower
- office desk and matching swivel chair
- Shark flex duo-clean hoover

-king size bed frame and mattress

- ikea chest of 6 drawers (white)

-etc there’s a lot more not listed

Contact 07480529439
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2023
This girls sabi tap football ⚽ ....... Ladies soccer don improve wella.........😜🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:
This girls sabi tap football ⚽ ....... Ladies soccer don improve wella.........😜🤣😂

Really does sound like it!

Not watching but following very closely via text commentary.

Rooting for our ladies massively.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2023
koonbey:

Really does sound like it!

Not watching but following very closely via text commentary.

Rooting for our ladies massively.

What money cannot do....... More money can do......

I would even say, this super falcons would beat super eagles....... 🤣😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

lol not sure you are a football fan
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2023
koonbey:

lol.

Let me expatiate in my own way. I am a Christian, there are also Muslims, as well as a whole lot of other religious adherents.

They are adherents because they are expected to adhere to some ways/teachings/concepts/rules etc most of which are documented in books/some form of literature.

As Christians, we have a book called the Bible, as others have theirs. In the Bible there is the old and new testament. In the old there are a lot of crazy stuff that happened, but in the new most of that have been done away with due to the coming of Jesus Christ.

The Muslims have their Koran, but not new and old. Most of the teachings are unchanged. With the others, I can't comment because I dont know enough to comment on them.

Now, if a Muslim kills 30 people because he wants to Bleep 70 virgins in the afterlife, he is considered a Muslims still because it has a religious backing, even though it doesn't have a legal backing.

The term Christian came to be after Christ left, certainly not in the old testament where some Cray Cray things happened and are documented. Christ came and said he is the WAY, and so Christians are those who have chosen to follow that WAY. Therefore, even if you identify as a Christian, you are not a Christian if you don't follow the way! Just like a woman that identifies a man is still not a man!

So like the poster you quoted said and I affirm, the muslim suicide bomber that killed 30 people had the backing of what his books taught him (though twisted), but someone who does that and claims to be a Christian has failed cos there is no backing at all. Jesus Christ never exemplified that, encouraged that, or required that while he lived and after he died AND RESURRECTED, not him nor his disciples.

A man who identifies as a woman is not a true woman, as no true woman has a XY chromosome, so you see the no true Scotsman example doesn't apply in every case.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2023
justwise:

committing sin is different from actually propagating false teachings with the sole aim of misleading people (who are empty and stupid). If you have ever read the Bible you would know the term anti-christ. You would know that IT is already doing a great job deceiving many, even the 'elect' as foretold as the Bible put it. You would know the warning that states that many will come in the end time who are wolves in sheep clothing with false teachings. You would also know that even the devil himself gan gan uses even correct scripture in a context to deceive and mislead eg what he tried to do with Jesus after fasting 40days in the wilderness. But you don't know. I do know you will argue and come with a weak comeback per usual, and further assert that you are a 'Christian'.

Lol

The guy that killed himself was empty and stupid, despite his supposed brilliance. And that isn't talking Ill of the dead cos the dead is just another log of wood. It would have been nice if he didn't make himself so cheaply disposable, no different from a suicide bomber, only thankfully he didn't take anyone along with him in his blind folly. He chose his way, and well it is now between him and his maker. We all here will have a moment with our maker pretty soon too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 9:41am On Aug 07, 2023
@semmyk where are you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2023
justwise:

lol not sure you are a football fan

I have American heritage........ 😜🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:08am On Aug 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I have American heritage........ 😜🤣

No comment…lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2023
justwise:

No comment…lol

If Beyonce can claim Nigerian heritage............ Who am I, not to claim....... 🤣😂

Ashley Plumtree too is claiming Nigerian heritage.........

Make we dey claim dey go....... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:27am On Aug 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If Beyonce can claim Nigerian heritage............ Who am I, not to claim....... 🤣😂

Ashley Plumtree too is claiming Nigerian heritage.........

Make we dey claim dey go....... 😂

Ashley Plumtree missed glorious opportunity today. Nigeria should win this in extra time

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (562) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: profemebee(m), Trendytessy(f), tushqueen(f), directonpc(m), ReesheesuKnack, Globalshaper and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.