Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (465150 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
koonbey:

Didn't mention ILR. It mentioned leave to remain which is the technical term for a visa that grants residency status (even temporary).

I don't see any reason to doubt that it's real. Only thing I'd point out is that what they both have in common is switching before finishing their studies. Maybe that's why they had additional scrutiny?

Edit: I actually doubt these, especially the one that says 'Tier 2' because I don't think HO uses that term anymore since the end of 2020.

The first person finished studies I think .

the start of the tier 2 visa was in December and end of the tier 4 was in January (1months difference) and student normally finish studies before that December.

The 2nd person still has like 7months left which obviously means that the person did not complete studies
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hmmmm... It's confusing really thanks for the insight.

Zahra29:

The letter mostly looks and sounds authentic.I'd query the dates highlighted by HO as they are outside of the student visa expiry date, not sure that still counts as term time?
I have heard of a few cases recently where leave has been cancelled or refused due to working over 20 hours so it does sound like HO is taking a firmer stance.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ohhh I was expecting them to mention skilled worker visa or something, thanks for pointing that out though.

koonbey:

Didn't mention ILR. It mentioned leave to remain which is the technical term for a visa that grants residency status (even temporary).

I don't see any reason to doubt that it's real. Only thing I'd point out is that what they both have in common is switching before finishing their studies. Maybe that's why they had additional scrutiny?

Edit: I actually doubt these, especially the one that says 'Tier 2' because I don't think HO uses that term anymore since the end of 2020.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
missjekyll:
Those "keywords" , as you call them, will go into her permanent medical record. She may even get a section out of it and a trip to a mental hospital.Yippee !
When all she needs may be some medication or talking therapy the GP can arrange.
Always a bad idea to lie to your doctor.
Always.

We don't even know the nature of her mental health challenge......

So you think the MHT, would not update her medical records (for all to see)......

Been sectioned, is actually a protective measure for some people.......

Having a record or losing one's life....... I know the option I would select......

Telling a Doctor porkies, gets you what you require, no blood test or MRI scan would suggest otherwise.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
bigtt76:
Should we be scared or the usual rumour mongers at work? In the letter is mentioned 3 years ILR which doesn't make sense cheesy What do you think?

The letter is fake.

Also the letter only mention Leave to Remain not Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) they are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
heroshark:

The letter is fake.

Also the letter only mention Leave to Remain not Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) they are two different things.

I believe so, too. Quite a few typos and it looks like someone took a real letter and interposed those bits with the dates in it.

Whether real or not though the key thing is for people to be careful and follow the law strictly.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
I know at the moment , seeing a GP is very very very hard.
Why this is so is beyond the scope of this discussion.
However , dear OP, a GP is the easiest least complicated way to get the help you need. The A/E is massively underequipped to provide mental healthcare of the non-emergent kind. I wouldn't start there unless its a mental health emergency.
Lexusgs430:

We don't even know the nature of her mental health challenge......

So you think the MHT, would not update her medical records (for all to see)......

Been sectioned, is actually a protective measure for some people.......

Having a record or losing one's life....... I know the option I would select......

Telling a Doctor porkies, gets you what you require, no blood test or MRI scan would suggest otherwise.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
missjekyll:
I know at the moment , seeing a GP is very very very hard.
Why this is so is beyond the scope of this discussion.
However , dear OP, a GP is the easiest least complicated way to get the help you need. The A/E is massively underequipped to provide mental healthcare of the non-emergent kind. I wouldn't start there unless its a mental health emergency.

Remember, we discussed this difficulty of seeing a GP (almost 2 years ago)......

I got news for you ...... It's even gotten worse.......😂

How are we sure it's not a Mental health emergency.......... Let's assume it is, you would advise OP to head down the A&E route ......😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
very interesting story to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7RevkoUiMo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by horlahxeyi: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
Abeg all this people that brought people into UK with healthcare job and not offering shifts, which valid step can I take against themm o.... its highly frustrating ooo...

Pls help a soul.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
horlahxeyi:
Abeg all this people that brought people into UK with healthcare job and not offering shifts, which valid step can I take against themm o.... its highly frustrating ooo...

Pls help a soul.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done ...... They cannot give, what they don't have ........

Not unless you're thinking of cutting off your nose to spite your face ...... Hitting the nuclear button.......

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ...Hitting the nuclear button - omo las las na olopa go carray everyone oo cheesy

This is sad really, why employ people without giving out shifts. I guess the beneficiaries too were desperate to relocate and ready to part with some dough which the sponsors were ready to mop up unlike CBN who couldn't mop up the excess naira in circulation.

Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, nothing can be done ...... They cannot give, what they don't have ........

Not unless you're thinking of cutting off your nose to spite your face ...... Hitting the nuclear button.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ...Hitting the nuclear button - omo las las na olopa go carray everyone oo cheesy

This is sad really, why employ people without giving out shifts. I guess the beneficiaries too were desperate to relocate and ready to part with some dough which the sponsors were ready to mop up unlike CBN who couldn't mop up the excess naira in circulation.

Exactly...... It was a pull and push factor........ All the sponsors wanted, was their £££££.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
bigtt76:
Should we be scared or the usual rumour mongers at work? In the letter is mentioned 3 years ILR which doesn't make sense cheesy What do you think?
I can only imagine the trauma and depression this can lead to. God help them 😒
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KolaShangOne(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2023
hustla:

ShangOne shocked

OG before IG

I salute grin

grin

My Oga.. I'm loyal o..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2023
horlahxeyi:

Pls help a soul.

Both the giver and taker have contravened the law especially when money changed hands

Only way is to get another employer with real job and shifts willing to sponsor and give another cos.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2023
Do people wash their cars at home or it must be car wash?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2023
KolaShangOne:

grin

My Oga.. I'm loyal o..

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2023
horlahxeyi:

Pls help a soul.

LOL

It was spoken about many pages ago

If you have paid money, I doubt there's much you can do about it

What I have seen someone do however, is to get another job on the side, then hse the experience garnered to pivot elsewhere, maybe NHS or MH Support

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Viruses:

I do self service for £2 at the gas station. Depending on location and space, one should be able to wash at home.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
Viruses:

I wash my cars at home, with my own hands ....... It's another form of exercise, once I finish washing outside, I grab the cordless vacuum, for the interiors ........

Why would I pay a car wash £15 each time.........🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I wash my cars at home, with my own hands ....... It's another form of exercise, once I finish washing outside, I grab the cordless vacuum, for the interiors ........

Same thing....

My neighbour has joined me too....lol...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Viruses:

I wash at home in most times...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
ukay2:

Same thing....

Simply buy 25 litres turtle wax shampoo + 5 litres alloy wheels cleaner......... They would last for 6 years + .........😜

I even collect rain water, to wash them ........ 😂😜

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EPEAKS: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
Any one in Edinburgh. A family of 4 needs a shared flat to rent. About 2 rooms required as I understand UK policy on overcrowding.

It will be short term until they secure a good flat to rent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Lol, egbon mi you cut your hair yourself sir?

Omo, I don too spend for washing and barbing

Need to reduce cost.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
ukay2:

Same thing....

This one off me 🤣🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Simply buy 25 liters turtle wax shampoo + 5 litres alloy wheels cleaner......... They would last for 6 years + .........😜

I even collect rain water, to wash them ........ 😂😜

Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
So which detergent is good for washing cars.

I heard normal detergent does not produce good results. I'm thinking of using dish washer.

Also which is good for waxing?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mroriginal2022: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Haba Baba Lexus, After donkey years in the UK, £15 at the car wash shouldn’t be a big deal na. These uk people self smiley.
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
Schoolhike:

Lol, egbon mi you cut your hair yourself sir?

Omo, I don too spend for washing and barbing

Need to reduce cost.

O yes, I have a cordless hair clipper + friction clipper........ 🤣😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
Mroriginal2022:
Haba Baba Lexus, After donkey years in the UK, £15 at the car wash shouldn’t be a big deal na. These uk people self smiley.

I wash my cars every week....... So cannot justify dashing money away........ Money does not grow on trees....... 🤣😜

If i put that £30*4 on $VOO, do you know how my portfolio would be now........ Or simply put that money into my SIPP...... Do you know how much HMRC would be topping up every month (let's even forget about the share value appreciation)....... 🤣

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Chreze(m), Ahappygirl, mystery22 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.