Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474124 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

I tried to dig for more info, but that was all I could get.Based on my previous knowledge, the steps you enumerated above is the process I knowtoo, so I was very surprised to find out out that insurance could pay directly to you. I actually pasted the scenario to find out if anyone can confirm or corroborate it. She said lots of people she knows have gotten claim like that. Took over two months for investigation though.

What might have happened in this case........ The insured, decided to buy her damaged car, from the insurance company.......

So insurance company would do some calculations and pay the insured, the balance...... 😜😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

I tried to dig for more info, but that was all I could get.Based on my previous knowledge, the steps you enumerated above is the process I knowtoo, so I was very surprised to find out out that insurance could pay directly to you. I actually pasted the scenario to find out if anyone can confirm or corroborate it. She said lots of people she knows have gotten claim like that. Took over two months for investigation though.

I guess the person paid the garages off the record and got a receipt for higher amount for insurance company

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What might have happened in this case........ The insured, decided to buy her damaged car, from the insurance company.......

So insurance company would do some calculations and pay the insured, the balance...... 😜😁

Thanks.. I don learn something new today
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
justwise:

I guess the person paid the garages off the record and got a receipt for higher amount for insurance company

Not necessarily.

You can buy a written off car from the insurance company. So they could have taken her payout for the written off car and then bought the car itself (the insurance companies usually sell them via auction and you can trace a car if you want it) and had it fixed. They would be able to get it back on the road once fixed and recertified, though it’d permanently have the CAT N, S etc label.

That’s way more likely than any garage agreeing to collude to commit insurance fraud, especially a garage that works with insurance companies.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

Thanks.. I don learn something new today

In some cases, the insurance company would refuse to sell car to the insured.........

NB: External interest notified......... 🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

Bros..Naa only one life you get. Chop life,buy that car cheesy. By the way was discussing with someone that got her ran into. she opted to repair her car herself, The insurance paid it to her(15k). she eventually fixed it for about 6k.

Haa, Oga Santa,

I don’t like debt that involves additional expenses as a result of instalment,

Was seeing cars at 5-10k range and taking up finance with instalment will accrue additional thousands of pounds over the years, prefer one off, or insatllment without interest even if it’s for 3 months I don’t mind.

I paid my insurance one off because I noticed that additional 220£ will be added if paid in 12 instalment,

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

It might not be legal as you are not given the full info
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
koonbey:

Not necessarily.

You can buy a written off car from the insurance company. So they could have taken her payout for the written off car and then bought the car itself (the insurance companies usually sell them via auction and you can trace a car if you want it) and had it fixed. They would be able to get it back on the road once fixed and recertified, though it’d permanently have the CAT N, S etc label.

That’s way more likely than any garage agreeing to collude to commit insurance fraud, especially a garage that works with insurance companies.

oh yes that means nothing, they do it more often than you can imagined, insurance fraud like this is nothing new. People from certain community do this a lot to reduce their tax liability
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Schoolhike:
Na wa oh, I just pray Nigeria could function properly even half efficiently as Uk.

After my car (2009) got into accident as a result of at-fault driver, I was really stressed and worried about commuting, the following day the insurance brought me a 2022 made Kia as a courtesy car to use pending investigation, although i was told that I will given a courtesy car but the timing and the car type is far above my expectations, because it was delivered quickly.

Was driving on the motorway this morning just to see some few functionalities of the car, I put on the cruise mode and lane assist mode, the car was just driving me without controlling the steering even at corners/curves.

Really feel different.

I just hope this is not a temptation to go collect car for Arnold Clark like this, as most of my friends have been doing.😂🤣😂🤣

You really want that to be one-off expereince? lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
I also asked ooo.

Semmyk I hope you are well.

tushqueen:
Edakun faa, where is semmyk, been so long he posted. Hope you are doing good?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

You really want that to be one-off expereince? lol

Lol,

Social proof and contrast principle at play 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Schoolhike:

Haa, Oga Santa,

I don’t like debt that involves additional expenses as a result of instalment,

Was seeing cars at 5-10k range and taking up finance with instalment will accrue additional thousands of pounds over the years, prefer one off, or insatllment without interest even if it’s for 3 months I don’t mind.

I paid my insurance one off because I noticed that additional 220£ will be added if paid in 12 instalment,

If you know you know grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
Zahra29:
#copied#

ARE YOU WORKING MORE THAN 20 HOURS AS A STUDENT?

The Home Office is now going through people’s work records when they apply for the Graduate Visa and canceling their visa.

So, if you have been overworking, you are breaching the condition of your leave by working more than 20 hours term-time and they are waiting for you.

I received several instructions on canceled leave in the last two weeks. Repent, for the ‘kingdom’ of the Home Office is at hand. You have been warned. Repost aggressively!

On the news just now on BBC Scotland, an international student held in immigration detention for 2 months for working more than 20 hrs.

From the report, seems like the home office is taking this serious.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lordfiido:

Okay bro. I have sent a pm to you

Replied
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please is there a way to contact UKVI for update on a Tier 2 change of employer visa application done inside the UK?

The application was done 8weeks ago.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tshoboy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
deept:

On the news just now on BBC Scotland, an international student held in immigration detention for 2 months for working more than 20 hrs.

Detention? Is that not too much?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
SPDAZZY:
Hi everyone,

Please is there a way to contact UKVI for update on a Tier 2 change of employer visa application done inside the UK?

The application was done 8weeks ago.

Thanks.

You can try this

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:37am On Aug 22, 2023
deept:

Working more than 20 hours is a big deal for the home office. Not sure why some people act like it's a casual rule that they can disregard.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 7:59am On Aug 22, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2023
Good morning everyone, pls where can i get this in Manchester?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
Have you tried Boots?

igbsam:
Good morning everyone, pls where can i get this in Manchester?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by courage54(m): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Guys please I need your inputs.

I did an interview with an organisation last week through an agency. I was successful on the interview and assessment, even the agency has reached out to me that I was successful that I have been offered the job. But up till now I haven’t received any offer letter. My contact person at the agency told me that the company will send me the offer letter latest Friday last week or Monday morning but up till now I haven’t received any. I called the agency and they said the company is sorting things out with my visa even though I’m on a dependant visa which will still be valid for the next 3 years. Please what could be the issue here? The role is a permanent role and I will be working with the company directly.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
courage54:
Guys please I need your inputs.

I did an interview with an organisation last week through an agency. I was successful on the interview and assessment, even the agency has reached out to me that I was successful that I have been offered the job. But up till now I haven’t received any offer letter. My contact person at the agency told me that the company will send me the offer letter latest Friday last week or Monday morning but up till now I haven’t received any. I called the agency and they said the company is sorting things out with my visa even though I’m on a dependant visa which will still be valid for the next 3 years. Please what could be the issue here? The role is a permanent role and I will be working with the company directly.

Be patient. One week plus is too early to begin panicking. Organisations work at different paces and many may not have experience with right to work checks. Give it till Thursday/Friday before following up again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by courage54(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
koonbey:

Be patient. One week plus is too early to begin panicking. Organisations work at different paces and many may not have experience with right to work checks. Give it till Thursday/Friday before following up again.

Thank you boss . I’m just worried because they want me to resume first week of next month which is less than two weeks from now. I need to know my stand quickly because I’m also delaying accepting other offers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
bigtt76:
Have you tried Boots?

I have, they don't have it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Just passed my practical driving test.

No more driving with fear since April when my time ran out.

When I was called by the dreaded woman in my test center, my heart sank grin

Alas, it was a smooth ride

1) I made sure my tyres were within approved thread minimum. Drive into an MOT shop and beg them to look at your tyres.

2) Ensure no warning light is showing

3) Make sure your controls are working.

4) Mine was a manual car, so make sure your gear and clutch works.

5) Have at least 2 L signs for front and back.

6) Have a small 2nd rear view mirror for the examiner too. This would be attached on the passenger side of the windscreen.

7) Make sure your car is neat and tidy and you haven't smoked in the car before the test if you do smoke.

cool Know how to open your bonnet and able to check all necessaries if asked.

9) My insurance was intact.

10) If you have someone with a valid license (3 years) to drive you to the venue, that would be great. If not, get your instructor to accompany you. I drove my instructor to and fro. Paid £60 for 2.5hrs as it was my own car. He waited while we rode to wonder land.

Relax and drive them 🤪

Just 1 minor advisory not to pull up in front of someone's driveway again grin angry

Now I can do 100mph 😂 grin grin

....and yes...I used my own car for the test.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Does anyone know a thing about this visa

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-visa-under-the-ukraine-sponsorship-scheme.

A medical student in Ukraine who was displaced to Germany contacted me about it. Anyone gone through it or seen someone who did it please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
rinzylee:
Just passed my practical driving test.

No more driving with fear since April when my time ran out.

When I was called by the dreaded woman in my test center, my heart sank grin

Alas, it was a smooth ride

Just 1 minor advisory not to pull up in front of someone's driveway again grin angry

Now I can do 100mph 😂 grin grin

Congrats..make I tap into your anointing, test in 10 days.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Santa2:

Congrats..make I tap into your anointing, test in 10 days.

Fire on

Good luck
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
tushqueen:
Does anyone know a thing about this visa

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-visa-under-the-ukraine-sponsorship-scheme.

A medical student in Ukraine who was displaced to Germany contacted me about it. Anyone gone through it or seen someone who did it please?

I know someone who did but I don't have any info about it

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
https://www.dwpjobs-eorecruitment-microsite.co.uk/vacancies

Make guys load this website with applications.

The salary there is eligible for sponsorship, have a living testimony friend.

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: AKALAMAGBO, Goodenoch, Controlv, Tstone1(m), mizGene(f), Globalshaper and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.