Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (484418 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Aug 19, 2023
Adedotun123:
Hello everyone,
My 14 years old kid said he wants to work and gain some income in the uk,
Please is it possible

He can, with plenty restrictions and legislation..... Might not be worth the hassle........

https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/restrictions-on-child-employment

Give him work to do around the house and offer him a wage....

I love his tenacity and hustling spirit ....... 🤣

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:18am On Aug 19, 2023
Importance of filling feedback forms....... I received one from monese, reluctantly filled it out (cannot remember when sef).......

Checking my emails, monese credited me £100 for my efforts (I thought the email was a scam)......

Till I checked my monese acct, £100 credited...... Boom.... £100 more to spend in dubai....... 🤣😜

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 4:06am On Aug 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Importance of filling feedback forms....... I received one from monese, reluctantly filled it out (cannot remember when sef).......

Checking my emails, monese credited me £100 for my efforts (I thought the email was a scam)......

Till I checked my monese acct, £100 credited...... Boom.... £100 more to spend in dubai....... 🤣😜

You no go pay tithe and declare for the boys? shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:28am On Aug 19, 2023
LionInZion:

You no go pay tithe and declare for the boys? shocked

I go use am pay tithe for Dubai.........💰🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 5:13am On Aug 19, 2023
Adedotun123:
Hello everyone,
My 14 years old kid said he wants to work and gain some income in the uk,
Please is it possible

It’s possible, but the UK employment laws are very funny for kids his age. They get paid by age and the employer would make then work more than they get paid or their age in this instance. A reasonable % of employers in the UK (specifically the owners of the kind of job your kid will get) are very selfish and are always happy to pay less for task they know should worth more.

My suggestion will be have your kid do a training kind of job, that will give him the training and gets paid on it. If there is a bakery in your area, walking distance from the house, approach them, they have jobs for teens, basically he will work maybe 1 or 2hrs say 2 to 3 times a week. The kid help bakers portion and make measurement for flour, sugar and baking stuffs. Atleast that will add to his calculation/mathematical abilities and also open room for him to learn baking. Most bakery managers have their kids come in for this.

Alternatively, (if you have a cool job 😎😁) you can introduce your kid to your job and have them reduce your work load then you pay them. My plan is to introduce mine to my job when he gets to 10. Will have him do some of my work’s basic tasks and pay him for it. Like teach him how to do some basic reporting stuff (that’s if my wife doesn’t snatch him first).

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 5:25am On Aug 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I go use am pay tithe for Dubai.........💰🤣

How you go make money for UK com go pay tithe for Dubai now?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by horlahxeyi: 5:33am On Aug 19, 2023
Thanks for the last advice, mind u, giving and taking wasn't mentioned.
Goke7:

Both the giver and taker have contravened the law especially when money changed hands

Only way is to get another employer with real job and shifts willing to sponsor and give another cos.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:11am On Aug 19, 2023
LionInZion:

How you go make money for UK com go pay tithe for Dubai now?

Our Lord is everywhere ........ Abi no be so. .....😜🤣

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adedotun123: 6:54am On Aug 19, 2023
Chreze:

It’s possible, but the UK employment laws are very funny for kids his age. They get paid by age and the employer would make then work more than they get paid or their age in this instance. A reasonable % of employers in the UK (specifically the owners of the kind of job your kid will get) are very selfish and are always happy to pay less for task they know should worth more.

My suggestion will be have your kid do a training kind of job, that will give him the training and gets paid on it. If there is a bakery in your area, walking distance from the house, approach them, they have jobs for teens, basically he will work maybe 1 or 2hrs say 2 to 3 times a week. The kid help bakers portion and make measurement for flour, sugar and baking stuffs. Atleast that will add to his calculation/mathematical abilities and also open room for him to learn baking. Most bakery managers have their kids come in for this.

Alternatively, (if you have a cool job 😎😁) you can introduce your kid to your job and have them reduce your work load then you pay them. My plan is to introduce mine to my job when he gets to 10. Will have him do some of my work’s basic tasks and pay him for it. Like teach him how to do some basic reporting stuff (that’s if my wife doesn’t snatch him first).

That a nice idea😂
But i don't know why he doesn't want to wait till he reach atleast 16.
Maybe i am going to introduce him to my jobs
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adedotun123: 6:57am On Aug 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

He can, with plenty restrictions and legislation..... Might not be worth the hassle........

https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/restrictions-on-child-employment

Give him work to do around the house and offer him a wage....

I love his tenacity and hustling spirit ....... 🤣
😂 i will do that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2023
Lordfiido:
Hi my people,

Please is there anyone coming to UK soon? Please I am in urgent need of a textbook from Nigeria. The book can be bought by the person( I will cover for the logistics and all) just for transparency. I know many people are scared of bringing things from naija 😎😎

Make una help me Abeg

How urgent do you need this

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 8:01am On Aug 19, 2023
gergemam:

How urgent do you need this
Good morning boss. Quite Urgent but I can still wait till September.

Are you coming anytime soon please ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 8:18am On Aug 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Our Lord is everywhere ........ Abi no be so. .....😜🤣

Hmnnn.... you don win grin. Enjoy your Dubai holiday
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by amanze54: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2023
Hi my people.

I am set to buy a car in this UK. Used Car

Please are there recommendations I can take note of. I don't have much experience with cars here.

I am already searching on Autotrader but most are 50,000 miles and above with more than 2 previous owners.

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2023
@Borisjohnson have you found anything, DM me.

I made some calls.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2023
rinzylee:
@Borisjohnson have you found anything, DM me.

I made some calls.

Abeg I get person wey need am as well, make I DM?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wisdom7400(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2023
Does anybody here living in Bucks know how to play keyboards?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2023
Estroller:

Tier2 dependant visa
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2023
Adedotun123:

That a nice idea😂
But i don't know why he doesn't want to wait till he reach atleast 16.
Maybe i am going to introduce him to my jobs

That is the wage by age I believe for Scotland. I will assume UK in general. If you are under 18 and work for those selfish employers, even if you are doing the task for someone who is over 18, they will still pay you for the rate under 18.

My wife has this young girl she’s mentoring at her place. She’s the head baker and has been with them for a little over 3 months. The young girl has been there longer, possibly years, she’s paid below £8/hr. Measurement and tried baking some cookies (doesn’t go too well). My wife said she listens and really wants to learn, so my wife gave her recipes and chance to try some proper cookies and Scottish baking. Still some errors, but she takes correction and improves daily. Long story short, my wife said the girl has improved and they display her bakes on the counter now. Young girl asked for pay rise to living wage ( I believe £10+), business owner refused and kept paying her same wage.

Young girl discussed with her guardian and they concluded she was gonna stop. They registered her in a baking school and she will be resuming classes September. Business owner employed someone a year older than the said young girl, but a bit more experienced, the person is paid £11. Still about same speed with the young girl.

Some business owner in UK has this very selfish and self centered attitude. Not so encouraging, their first thought is themselves. Very unlikely to happen in Nigeria, we are very encouraging back home, if you do your employer well in most cases, you get even personal gifts of appreciation for your work.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We need to investigate this your Dubai trip o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2023
Can you help with the name of the one you tried that requires the property to be in England? Thanks.
Schoolhike:

Thanks so much,

Tried one before, but most require the property to be England based.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2023
Goke7:

We need to investigate this your Dubai trip o.

Looks like it's going to involve a lot of block building and manual labor

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
Lagosismyhome1:
Goodmorning everyone
Thanks to everyone that contributed on this thread.
I arrived in the Uk yesterday.
It was a happy transition as I have read alot on this forum.

Please anyone has a used iphone 12 pro or pro max that want to sell in a good condition.

I want to upgrade my Redmi grin grin grin

I live in walthamstow E17 and i can come for pick up arround Camden, tottenham hale or anywhere around east london

Thank you

Are you trying to impersonate the original person with this name? I don’t see any genuine reason for this your name. @Justwise this cannot be allowed.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2023
Na wa oh, I just pray Nigeria could function properly even half efficiently as Uk.

After my car (2009) got into accident as a result of at-fault driver, I was really stressed and worried about commuting, the following day the insurance brought me a 2022 made Kia as a courtesy car to use pending investigation, although i was told that I will given a courtesy car but the timing and the car type is far above my expectations, because it was delivered quickly.

Was driving on the motorway this morning just to see some few functionalities of the car, I put on the cruise mode and lane assist mode, the car was just driving me without controlling the steering even at corners/curves.

Really feel different.

I just hope this is not a temptation to go collect car for Arnold Clark like this, as most of my friends have been doing.😂🤣😂🤣

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2023
AgentXxx:
Can you help with the name of the one you tried that requires the property to be in England? Thanks.

Haa, it’s been long can’t remember sincerely just just filling the form on their website, sincerely can’t remember
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
kode12:

Are you trying to impersonate the original person with this name? I don’t see any genuine reason for this your name. @Justwise this cannot be allowed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wking: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2023
to be candid i never knew i was suppose to do a return label for it. i just went to the post office and send with the white envelop and also registered it and someone must sign for it.
when i got my provisional license and i was told the brp will come separately in the mail but haven't seen anything till date.

bigtt76:
You should have gotten it by now. Takes a week at most after they receive it. Did you send it with a paid stamp return envelope that you can track? I always advise folks to do this sha.... for both sending and receiving.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2023
Can I transfer dollar from my Nigeria UBA dollar account to a UK bank account?

I will be in UK in 20days time and I'm really confused on how to go about transport payment from Heathrow to my destination, house rent payment and tuition enrollment fee. Should I come with cash? Even £ is scare in Nigeria OR I can transfer from my dollar account to UK account when I open one

Elders in the house make una help me the whole japa thing is daunting God abeg

Lasting I'm looking out for couple accomodation anywhere in east sussex

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: sirabbey(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.