Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474063 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wking:
My People can someone on care Tier 2 Visa get SIA badge?

No,

Uk gov won’t approve your sia licence.

Knew someone that was affected. He already paid for training and exam, passed the exam I think, then time to apply for badge, he was served breakfast.

If you are a dependent, then no problem.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OGINNISM1234: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
Knowlegeseeking:
Hi Guys
Apart from the visa application fee of 100 pounds (or 115 after 4th of October), flight tickets and other expenses for the travelling, is there another fee charged by TLS for capturing? the Ikeja TLS UK standard visitors visa application?

No fees for Ikeja TLS.

But VI na 55 pounds

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
babajeje123:

E be like say na me no read the email well.

Yeah, that’s the norms.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
jedisco:

Valid contract terms are generally upheld even decades on.
There are different types of DD but one put in place after a valid credit agreement shouldn't be cancelled unilaterally. It's why there are good consumer laws e.g 14 day cooling period. If not, folks would simply cancel their DD for their mortgage, pcp, insurance e.t.c as they see fit.

BTW, missed payment stays on one record for up to 6 yrs and can significantly impact ones chance of a good credit/mortgage in future.

Reason why I have overdraft in-place in my DD enabled bank accounts. Then add the money before end of the day, to avoid interest on the overdraft.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:

2 hours to Woolwich is plenty o .......😂🤣

You can even seek accommodation in Margate or Slough or Luton......😂
The accommodation prices in Woolwich is expensive ni..I just tire
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
Greathand01:
Please which areas close to Woolwich, SE London can I look at for affordable accommodation..I don't mind 2hours to Woolwich sef.
Ha!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wking:
My People can someone on care Tier 2 Visa get SIA badge?

Even if you can, are you sure you want to?

You're not supposed to be doing any work apart from your employer or another one in the same occupation code or shortage occupations.

Be careful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
I have someone who has a room for rent in a three bedroom around woolich, 950£ bills inclusive

Edited: I just read you were looking for those about 2hrs from Woolwich due to price. Anyways you can check in Dartford,Gravesend et all
Greathand01:
Please which areas close to Woolwich, SE London can I look at for affordable accommodation..I don't mind 2hours to Woolwich sef.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
What is the repercussion of this as I have someone doing 17hrs warehouse while holding a tier 2 nhs data analyst job.
koonbey:

Even if you can, are you sure you want to?

You're not supposed to be doing any work apart from your employer or another one in the same occupation code or shortage occupations.

Be careful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
AgentXxx:
This isn't peculiar to UK oo, Asian are at the top of Scam worldwide. Anyways give us the full gist 😁

Na dem dey always call me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
AgentXxx:
What is the repercussion of this as I have someone doing 17hrs warehouse while holding a tier 2 nhs data analyst job.

Hmmm... Rough play.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elisinho(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
na scammers yapa this facebook market for car eh i don find tire embarassed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
What could happen?
Solumtoya:

Hmmm... Rough play.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
AgentXxx:
I have someone who has a room for rent in a three bedroom around woolich, 950£ bills inclusive

Edited: I just read you were looking for those about 2hrs from Woolwich due to price. Anyways you can check in Dartford,Gravesend et all

Make una dey fear God na.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
AgentXxx:

thank you very much boss man
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2023
lavida001:

Chai...hope its not that it's too far..I really don't know anywhere in London..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Greathand01:
thank you very much boss man

You wan pay 950 £ ?

Be like you too get money
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iolo(m): 12:04am On Sep 23, 2023
Firefly77:
Hello guys, please I am in need of childcare in Margate Kent. I don't mind a live in nanny or a Nigerian or African childminder that I can take the kids to, from Monday to Friday. My kids are really small.

Check out childcare.co.uk. You may be lucky to find one there.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 3:37am On Sep 23, 2023
elisinho:
na scammers yapa this facebook market for car eh i don find tire embarassed

The scammers are often easily identifiable.

They mass post cars. Check their profile and you'll see they posted lots of car usually at give away price.

Also, don't pay until inspection.

Check car MOT history online using number plate, reveals some faults the car may have had.

Get the book value of the car by filling a dummy insurance quote online

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dduchess90(f): 5:43am On Sep 23, 2023
Hello

You are breaching your skilled worker visa conditions

UKVI can conduct checks on HMRC database, if your caseworker goes that far ,your ILR could be denied

Please stick to the rules

Cheers
AgentXxx:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 23, 2023
AgentXxx:

Stop.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 6:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Oga you too buy your own and put on the market for lesser price. There is no compulsion now. It’s one’s choice to live in London.
lavida001:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2023
Thanks for this, I have screenshot and would share with him.
dduchess90:
Hello

You are breaching your skilled worker visa conditions

UKVI can conduct checks on HMRC database, if your caseworker goes that far ,your ILR could be denied

Please stick to the rules

Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 7:10am On Sep 23, 2023
Hello
1. Please can someone on Health care visa work 20hrs as a data analyst?

2. Will changing from healthcare visa to skilled worker visa affect ILR timeline?

3. If given 40hrs/week on COS and on the rota someone get about 58hrs/week does that affect the part time job of 20hrs allowed by the government?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Khaytunechi: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2023
Hello good morning house
Please, I am looking for accommodation. Please I need a 3 bed space in York, Leeds, Bradford, or anywhere not too far from York, I will be very glad.

My family is joining me next week and I don't have accommodation yet.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello
1. Please can someone on Health care visa work 20hrs as a data analyst?

2. Will changing from healthcare visa to skilled worker visa affect ILR timeline?

3. If given 40hrs/week on COS and on the rota someone get about 58hrs/week does that affect the part time job of 20hrs allowed by the government?

For Question 1 and 3, the answers are clear on the UKVI Health care visa webpage. Regarding basic visa rules, you'd not get any information online that'd rival what you have there.

Extra work has to be in thesame occupation code as your mainjob or a shortage occupation. Extra work done with your sponsor is not counted towards your 20hrs.

For Q2. No.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by honTim(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2023
Hi Community,

Please a relative of mine (female) is in urgent need of accommodation within or near Sheffield area. She just started her Masters Program at Sheffield Hallam University and has not been able to secure accommodation. Please any help with respect to the accommodation will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2023
Schoolhike:

Reason why I have overdraft in-place in my DD enabled bank accounts. Then add the money before end of the day, to avoid interest on the overdraft.

Sound like a lot of manual fiddling. What happens if you forget or have a busy day?

I prefer setting up all my DDs to be on a particular day (preferably after payday). That way, I know what sum I need to leave in my account to clear it and move most of the rest to savings afterwards.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Focus99:
You should learn how to read to comprehend anyways. I asked a question NIGERIA GO FIT BETTER SO? how is this an insult na wa oh...I see a working system and I asked a question abeg get lost abeg abeg

Hope you retain your sharp mouth when you start work. Confused fellow.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2023
lavida001:

You wan pay 950 £ ?

Be like you too get money
lol.iffa hear...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayrastarr(f): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2023
jedisco:

For Question 1 and 3, the answers are clear on the UKVI Health care visa webpage. Regarding basic visa rules, you'd not get any information online that'd rival what you have there.

Extra work has to be in thesame occupation code as your mainjob or a shortage occupation. Extra work done with your sponsor is not counted towards your 20hrs.

For Q2. No.

Hi Jedisco.

You kinda know a lot.

Please, I want to ask: if I get married to a British citizen, then move to London and have a global certification like CSCP. Can I get a Job? do I need to start with Menial jobs or go for Masters?

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Santa2, acosfd, Chinlov and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.