Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (471373 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MichaelUde: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2023
jedisco:
Tithes aside, visa holders and naturalised citizens get ready.
Its not just the immigrants responsible, even second generation folks are responsible for failing services. Hehe...

I remember mooting it here that soon enough same folks would question why immigrant mothers have more kids than their white counterparts.

The former Priti get sense pass this one.

This is the same UK that, like other western countries, is shrinking demographically and is desperately looking to reverse that. Of course their first choice go be to find other oyibo from other countries to import, but the only oyibo seeking to move en masse na eastern Europeans, who dem no want. So after leaving EU they reluctantly had to open up to the whole world so to speak with this their post study and easier work visas. Now you say the people you dey bring come to solve your population problem dey born too much. Which one do you want again?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2023
AgentXxx:
Instead of money to waste, let’s use money to learn 😝😝

You know in life, people are allowed to create their own experience(s)...........

I prefer to learn from other people's experience(s).........😁😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2023
justwise:

She did not learn anything from Nigel Farage and BNP, she will soon be forgotten. What a silly comment to come from a daughter of an immigrant. She is here today because of multicultural system. Mayor of London, the prime minister and leader of SNP in Scotland all benefited from multicultural system but some how she is having a brain fart.

The forthcoming election is their headache, they need to fight dirty now! grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MichaelUde: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2023
rinzylee:

Haha... abeg I, I no get money well well yet o.

Abeg tell me what I don't know..biko shocked shocked

Cherekwa until you see what the latest CBN commissioner carry for mind o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2023
MichaelUde:

The former Priti get sense pass this one.

This is the same UK that, like other western countries, is shrinking demographically and is desperately looking to reverse that. Of course their first choice go be to find other oyibo from other countries to import, but the only oyibo seeking to move en masse na eastern Europeans, who dem no want. So after leaving EU they reluctantly had to open up to the whole world so to speak with this their post study and easier work visas. Now you say the people you dey bring come to solve your population problem dey born too much. Which one do you want again?

angels from heaven na im remain grin dem go explain tire cos evidence don dey finish

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2023
jedisco:

I also share thesame drive but easy.... temper the urge to invest back home with caution.

Very true ... I have had my hands burnt but I also eventually learnt the ropes before leaving naija. But I would not overlook this caution.

Many diasporeans who invested in Nigeria over the last decade regrettably lost money. Many did that even before getting a mortgage abroad. Interestingly, this issue came up on another thread recently.
When I came, I considered using a cheap loan to purchase grains back home soon after the harvest season and sell after 4-6 months for typically 20-50% profit. Even with such margins, e still no too balance.
Opportunities abound in Nigeria, but I need the currency to stabilise before reopening that book. In the meantime, there are good investment opportunities here... tax free ISA, buy-to-let, SIPP e.t.c which many hardly use fully

Maybe I need to sit down and study the investment opportunities in this UK sha.

Jokes apart, do you think churches and charities in Nigeria should publish audited financial statements and have more transparency and reasonable oversight on their spending?

Fact is Church isn't run by democracy or economic policies. You can't contain God in a box. Even here in the UK, we do projects that Sunday tithes and offering can not even match. I understand the need for financial accountability, but trust me, a real genuine church and Pastor, has a lot of demand from God that government won't understand. To be honest with you , this topic is a huge one and maybe because I am well aware because I am in ministry, it would be difficult to speak without being tagged as biased.

The real work of the kingdom is HUGE!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2023
MichaelUde:

Cherekwa until you see what the latest CBN commissioner carry for mind o.

True sir

I don calm down first
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Geebee5: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2023
justwise:

Yes you can go for 2yrs but indicate that they will be visiting you from time to time hence the need for two years visa. If they met all requirements their visa will be approved or give. Lesser duration than you requested

Alright, thanks a lot.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Geebee5: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2023
igbsam:

Make una leave church and tithe matter answer this guy na

Thanks boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You know in life, people are allowed to create their own experience(s)...........

I see this for 2000 how you see am?

According to the owner, the scratch is the only isssue with the car. MOT is till February

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:

I don't just see a car at face value........ After all pre inspection checks are conducted, I make an informed decision.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:

[b]According to the owner, the scratch is the only isssue with the car. M[/b]OT is till February

Never fall for this ........ No second hand vehicle, would only have a scratch fault.........

The previous owners level of tolerance, would be different from any new owner.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:

According to the owner, the scratch is the only isssue with the car. MOT is till February

Rear bumper is also not good......... Not forgetting all the damage to OS passenger rear door + all other hidden faults .......

My valuation in it's present state - £700.00......😁

Don't forget, vehicle odometer is reading almost 150,000 miles.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:

£500 more than this, you get a more cleaner vehicle (you can still negotiate).......😜

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309011452601?atmobcid=soc3

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

£500 more than this, you get a more cleaner vehicle (you can still negotiate).......😜

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309011452601?atmobcid=soc3
😳😳😳. I called now, and he says it’s sold. Your points are valid. Na the weather changes the make me wan rush. But I’ll take my time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Never fall for this ........ No second hand vehicle, would only have a scratch fault.........

The previous owners level of tolerance, would be different from any new owner.......

That is true. But then, d car I sold in Nigeria, no single fault o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:
That is true. But then, d car I sold in Nigeria, no single fault o.

I bet you, if I bought the car. I would see things needing replacing.......😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
gmacnoms:
😳😳😳. I called now, and he says it’s sold. Your points are valid. Na the weather changes the make me wan rush. But I’ll take my time

I am not surprised it's sold...... Another vehicle is always available, around the corner........😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I bet you, if I bought the car. I would see things needing replacing.......😁
That is true sha.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I am not surprised it's sold...... Another vehicle is always available, around the corner........😁
E pain me. Because I hurriedly made the call when I saw it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by halaqasa: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
justwise:

Why is credit issue is not moved to finance section? Why job questions are not moved to job section? Why is mortgage discussion are not moved to property section? Did any of you complain then? No and i know why this Church issue is getting many of you sweating.

ATB
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
Experience is the best teacher, how do you want him to graduate and became a teacher if he doesn’t experience it. πŸ˜‰
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
Can the white that they are trying to please give them the votes for victory? They have failed to know that Multi culture have taken over.
Goke7:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Except you plan to manage the Agro business yourself, good security perimeter,machineries plus because β€œLabour” is crazy out there, favourable farm community and then pray for favourable government policy.
rinzylee:

Haha... abeg I, I no get money well well yet o.

Abeg tell me what I don't know..biko shocked shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
MichaelUde:

Be like say you wan transition Justwise by force.

Justwise, better bind and cast them o.

Lol.. rimzylee will do the binding
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
Goke7:

They have no record to stand on, Labour and Liberal Democrat will have something to fight for
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
justwise:

Lol.. rimzylee will do the binding

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Nwokem afa m bα»₯ rinzylee .... abeg o, you no be demon wey I suppose bind. You na correct man wey get swag grin

I was laughing when I read you to be a SHE grin grin , I feared the woke left had captured a full fledged African man.

I greet you sir!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
My people, please how do I get car insurance o. I am about to pay for a car and it has been very difficult getting an insurance even to just take the car home. I have international drivers license. Please it's quite urgent. Thanks all
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
AgentXxx:
Except you plan to manage the Agro business yourself, good security perimeter,machineries plus because β€œLabour” is crazy out there, favourable farm community and then pray for favourable government policy.

Sometimes it is painful to realize that we are a blessed people, yet we suffer for the minutest things. I did export business while in naija...charcoal specifically, and I saw hell, before things started to get better and I ran back to start writing "patient was apparently well until 2 days ago ".

When I see how farmers in other African nations don't have to go through these rigours, I weep.

At this point, I don't even mind exploring East Africa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
justwise:

Never.

looking like we never going to wise up
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CannyDoll: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
jedisco:
Tithes aside, visa holders and naturalised citizens get ready.
Its not just the immigrants responsible, even second generation folks are responsible for failing services. Hehe...

I remember mooting it here that soon enough same folks would question why immigrant mothers have more kids than their white counterparts.

To think that this Suella is also an immigrant, so if multiculturalism has failed, she is also part of the failure. I often wonder why the "immigrants" that find themselves in these type of positions are often times the ones harder on their fellow immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Leave juwon alone o ........ Juwon wants to preserve his waist, hence no warehousing jobs.....πŸ˜…

Juwon hates care jobs, forgetting shit money no dey smell .........πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

Juwon loves security, forgetting the fact that drug heads would not mind, using a knife on someone doing their job .......

Biko, leave juwon alone o ......πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚. Juwon forgets he alone got 20 hours, beggers cannot be selective..........😜

Oluwajuwon na bilionaire from Africa

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (542) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: heroshark(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.