Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464450 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2023
koonbey:

How is the care visa slavery?

I wonder o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2023
Goke7:

Nothing new, they have been barking all these while on care visas and still nothing. I even blame the govt for allowing such slavery to continue. Still a wonder how you allow so much foreigners to care your elderly. Is there no better plan to that? They should get their own children to take care of their elderly and stop enslaving other people’s children. My personal view o.

The greatest mistake the uk govt keep making is tying work visas to companies for too long a period. Many people have no business doing care work when they can be better in doing other professions, but when care visas looks like the easiest way to stay in the country then what do you expect?

The better plan which various think tanks are trying to get the govt to take seriously, is to increase wages in the care sector so that it becomes more attractive to British people. Let's face it, these care homes have to rely on foreign labour because that's how they get away with substandard pay and working conditions.

How is the govt forcing people to work in care? People choose to apply (or pay) for the job and can leave at any time no? Also as most immigrants are highly skilled and the brightest and best as has been claimed several times, they should be highly sought after in other sectors and have options outside care.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2023
Zahra29:

The better plan which various think tanks are trying to get the govt to take seriously, is to increase wages in the care sector so that it becomes more attractive to British people. Let's face it, these care homes have to rely on foreign labour because that's how they get away with substandard pay and working conditions.

How is the govt forcing people to work in care? People choose to apply (or pay) for the job and can leave at any time no? Also as most immigrants are highly skilled and the brightest and best as has been claimed several times, they should be highly sought after in other sectors and have options outside care.

They'll never increase the salaries in the care sector for care workers

Even nurses, Drs are crying for wage increment, Them never see shishi

They should put a noose around the care worker visa and let's hear word abeg

Let's see if their citizens will tend to their elderly in those care homes and endure the mental toll that comes with working there

People wey no fit do 14 hr shift grin

Everybody just dey play

Please, who has a bank that's offering switch bonus. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
hustla:

Let's see if their citizens will tend to their elderly in those care homes and endure the mental toll that comes with working there

Everybody just dey play

I almost shout when I see “14 hour shift “ then I remember say since I come this country, I Dey run back to back 16 hours for 4 days stretch sometimes. 🤣🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
hustla:

Everybody just dey play

There used to be a lot more Brits in care though, along with EU nationals. It didn't help that during COVID they sacked thousands of care workers who refused to get vaccinated.
Care homes are largely privately owned and can afford to pay more (and they would if they had to), but they don't want to give up their juicy profits.

At the bolded, I'm sure you were saying a few pages back that you wanted a soft job. Pot calling kettle... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2023
Zahra29:

There used to be a lot more Brits in care though, along with EU nationals. It didn't help that during COVID they sacked thousands of care workers who refused to get vaccinated.
Care homes are largely privately owned and can afford to pay more (and they would if they had to), but they don't want to give up their juicy profits.

At the bolded, I'm sure you were saying a few pages back that you wanted a soft job. Pot calling kettle... grin

I dey chest 14 hr shifts 5 days a week. At the bus stop by 4.45AM when theres train strike, in winter and whenever. Infact, one of the residents told me one time I should just pack and start living with them at a point since I'm always at work cheesy

School fees hustle no be anybody mate oo. When school"s finance department starts to threaten you, you'll forget soft work and take whatever you see

Everyone likes soft work btw. There's no award or extra pay for suffering grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Kenn55: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
koonbey:

His parents migrated legally. He is talking about illegal immigrants.

What exactly is your point and how is his parentage relevant to this specific policy issue? Do you disagree? If so, why? Do you think it will not be effective? Do you believe it’s immoral in principle?

What’s your proposed solution to illegal immigration, as an immigrant yourself? Or do you not believe it’s an issue?

Make your case and leave him and his parents alone.

You people need to learn to engage issues on the basis of logic, not sentiments and ad hominem attacks on the person making an argument.

PS. Before people start responding with irrelevant assumptions, I did not say I support what he said. I do not. The point is that irrelevant personal attacks like this serve no purpose as they fail to engage the issues raised.

I don't care what he does with illegal immigrants, I don't support illegal immigration. But children of illegal immigrants born on US soil shouldn't be denied citizenship, they didn't ask to be born there.

As a child of an immigrant himself, I expect him to show a little bit more compassion at least to the children and not trying to be more mean than even white supremacists. No other conservative has publicly targeted children of illegal immigrants, why should the only one floating this idea be one whose parents just migrated from India just 40 years ago?

You get my point now.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hello my people. I need to make some clarification please;

1. Can biometrics for Canadian visit visa be done online or anywhere else apart from the London office?

2. Will a 2 year old born in the UK be able to obtain a UK visa without having an international passport please. The child only has her birth certificate obtained from the council she was born
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2023
Kenn55:

I don't care what he does with illegal immigrants, I don't support illegal immigration. But children of illegal immigrants born on US soil shouldn't be denied citizenship, they didn't ask to be born there.

As a child of an immigrant himself, I expect him to show a little bit more compassion at least to the children and not trying to be more mean than even white supremacists. No other conservative has publicly targeted children of illegal immigrants, why should the only one floating this idea be one whose parents just migrated from India just 40 years ago?

You get my point now.

Not true, Trump tried to end birthright citizenship when he was president and has pledged once again to end it :

If elected back to the White House next year, Trump said in a video posted to social media on Tuesday, he will on day one sign an executive order to ensure the children of undocumented migrants “will not receive automatic US citizenship”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/31/donald-trump-birthright-us-citizenship

Illegal migration is a massive issue right now in the US. The Democratic NY mayor is clashing with Biden on this issue and claims that NY is in crisis and will be destroyed by the pressures of all the migrants it is having to take in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/07/new-york-city-immigration-bussing-comments-mayor-eric-adams

Costa Rica just declared a state of emergency over the large influx of migrants passing through to get to the US.

Maybe Vivek believes that denying automatic citizenship will act as a deterrent to help stem the unrelenting flow of migrants. Regardless of where Vivek's parents were from, he is American and and if he is running for president he has to put America's interests first.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2023
Go to BP dot come and select uk, to see various roles
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
hustla:

I dey chest 14 hr shifts 5 days a week. At the bus stop by 4.45AM when theres train strike, in winter and whenever. Infact, one of the residents told me one time I should just pack and start living with them at a point since I'm always at work cheesy

School fees hustle no be anybody mate oo. When school"s finance department starts to threaten you, you'll forget soft work and take whatever you see

[b]Everyone likes soft work btw. There's no award or extra pay for suffering ;[/b]D wink

Exactly. So most Brits aren't lazy, they just don't have the same incentives for "suffer" work, same as you if you didn't have fees to pay.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:32am On Oct 01, 2023
For those not willing to work for Amazon or in the care industry....... If softwerk is what you love to do....... I got a £70,000 per annum driver job for you....... You must have 6 packs too......

Juwon, I don find security work for you........ 🤣

Apply before someone else chances you........ 😜

NB: Some overseas travelling involved + RR + RR (are the only vehicles, you would drive and wash)....... 😜😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:08am On Oct 01, 2023
Lexusgs430:
For those not willing to work for Amazon or in the care industry....... If softwerk is what you love to do....... I got a £70,000 per annum driver job for you....... You must have 6 packs too......

NB: Some overseas travelling involved + RR + RR (are the only vehicles, you would drive and wash)....... 😜😁

They're not serious. £70k only, when it's Jason Statham they're really looking for...driver+bodyguard lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Zahra29:

They're not serious. £70k only, when it's Jason Statham they're really looking for...driver+bodyguard lol

You would be cruising in Rollers and Range o........ £70K, not to be sniffed at........ 😜🤣

We can give them our very own Jelili Sebiotimo....... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:41am On Oct 01, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Juwon don’t say we didn’t do anything for you. Work don set oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Midex88(m): 1:49am On Oct 01, 2023
FaithfulGod4me:

Please what is the pay like?

Make sense... £12.71... night shift
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Kenn55:

You get my point now.

1. He’s American. By your own logic he didn’t ask to be born in America and thus shouldn’t be held responsible for his parents’ choice to migrate or forced to shape his life around that choice - his allegiance is to the US.

2. The children do have citizenship - of their parents’ countries. They are not being made stateless.

3. If you believe that children born somewhere shouldn’t be denied citizenship, does that mean you believe that Nigeria and all the other countries that don’t grant birthright citizenship (even when parents are legally resident) are being immoral or in your words ‘mean’?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Zahra29:

Exactly. So most Brits aren't lazy, they just don't have the same incentives for "suffer" work, same as you if you didn't have fees to pay.

Well, true
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy New month everyone.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nanorest: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2023
Midex88:

I don start am currently... the job no be here o. Standing up for over 10hrs. Shit

Which location and what was the requirement
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Track maintenance job is another good job in London. You work 4 hours per night and get paid 100 pounds per night. Work starts 1:30 am and finishes 4:30 am for London underground, london overground and dlr

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2023
FaithfulGod4me:

If i know the way to do it on my own, seriously i will do it. Though i googled Tier 2 visa sponsorship jobs last night and have started applying.

Although most of the companies want someone already living in UK and also someone with Care certificate.

If you can point me in the right direction to get genuine Visa sponsorship employment in the UK, you will be doing this lady the favor that will last her a lifetime 😊.

Please help 🙏

Money isn't even the issue.

I just need something that will work.

Paying for COS is illegal, i will not encourage you to waste your money paying for one.

Yes its difficult getting employed directly from Nigeria but its not impossible as some people still get employed directly from Nigeria.

Don't give up applying and if i come across any legitimate link i will drop it here.

Again avoid paying for COS, its a crime.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 9:08am On Oct 01, 2023
Biometrics is only done in London

66 Wilson Street, London,London,United Kingdom,EC2A 2BT

tushqueen:
Hello my people. I need to make some clarification please;

1. Can biometrics for Canadian visit visa be done online or anywhere else apart from the London office?

2. Will a 2 year old born in the UK be able to obtain a UK visa without having an international passport please. The child only has her birth certificate obtained from the council she was born

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2023

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely...... No go comot your cassava o ......😜😂

4 shaves later, the area around the cassava is tidy and nice. No cuts at all.
Plus the clipper looks like it will give me thousands of more shaves. All for £9.05
#Bargain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Teedol: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2023
Can i have details of this clipper pls, spent over £60 on 2 silly clippers already.

KOVIC19COVID20:

4 shaves later, the area around the cassava is tidy and nice. No cuts at all.
Plus the clipper looks like it will give me thousands of more shaves. All for £9.05
#Bargain
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:
Track maintenance job is another good job in London. You work 4 hours per night and get paid 100 pounds per night. Work starts 1:30 am and finishes 4:30 am for London underground, london overground and dlr

How do I apply ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

TFL?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
@Schoolhike or any other person who has done DWP executive officer disputes resolution interview please.

Would appreciate what the likely questions would be or what one should be prepared for as regards their video interview.

Many thanks 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
lavida001:

How do I apply ?
Apply through cleshar but you need a sentinel card. Cleshar can arrange one for you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

Apply through cleshar but you need a sentinel card. Cleshar can range one for you

Chief

Does it involve heavy lifting?

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: eluquenson(m), Iruobe1987, gmacnoms(m), Goodenoch, Bourne007(m), Joy83(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.