Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467855 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
hustla:

Chief

Does it involve heavy lifting?

Thanks in advance
Not really they got equipment to do all the hard work. Hardest part is taking the equipment up and down to the track side through the stairs. What you do mostly as a beginner is cleaning.
When the job is tough is when their is a possession work which last for 12 hours and you get paid 250 pounds for the job each day you do possession but you are not oblige to do it moreso it doesnt come often maybe once in 3 months. You can say no but people do it for the pay.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

Apply through cleshar but you need a sentinel card. Cleshar can arrange one for you

Do they accept cscs card ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

Not really they got equipment to do all the hard work. Hardest part is taking the equipment up and down to the track side through the stairs. What you do mostly as a beginner is cleaning.
When the job is tough is when their is a possession work which last for 12 hours and you get paid 250 pounds for the job each day you do possession but you are not oblige to do it moreso it doesnt come often maybe once in 3 months. You can say no but people do it for the pay.

Thanks chief

Ill do it for the pay too biko grin

Checked their site and can't seem to be able to make sense of it

Pointers appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
lavida001:

Only sentinel

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
lavida001:

No sentinel only
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
abuhusna1:

No sentinel only

Trying to apply and book training with no success.

could you share your email pls?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
lavida001:

Trying to apply and book training with no success.

could you share your email pls?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
harddrive2012:
@Schoolhike or any other person who has done DWP executive officer disputes resolution interview please.

Would appreciate what the likely questions would be or what one should be prepared for as regards their video interview.

Many thanks šŸ˜Š

Lucky you, recorded interview or online face to face, irrespective, dm and letā€™s go through it together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pretty1986: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
justwise:

Paying for COS is illegal, i will not encourage you to waste your money paying for one.

Yes its difficult getting employed directly from Nigeria but its not impossible as some people still get employed directly from Nigeria.

Don't give up applying and if i come across any legitimate link i will drop it here.

Again avoid paying for COS, its a crime.
Good evening My Boss,I really appreciate all your contribution in this wonderful family and may God continue to bless and give you wisdom to direct us.Pls sir I have this idea want to share with you and I want you to tell me if is feasible and advice me how best to apply it.My Wife is a Registered Nurse here in Nigeria,but want to relocate to uk to practice,but due to Nigeria is in Red list, which make it very difficult for Nigeria nurses to get job offer in uk while in Nigeria.Now,she is planning to get admission in a University in uk for Masters degree program in Public health which is a One year course,so that when she enter uk through study route with her NMCUK documents and write her OSEC in order to get UK Pin as a uk Registered Nurse,then she use it to get job in uk as a Nurse while studying.when she then finish her study,she will then switch to 2teir visa and get COS to bring her family.pls sir,what can you advise in this idea .I hope to hear from you Sir.Thanks Justwise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
Iā€™ve shoot you a mail. Please check.
Itā€™s actually a recorded interview.

Thank you

Schoolhike:

Lucky you, recorded interview or online face to face, irrespective, dm and letā€™s go through it together.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nurses from Nigeria are still getting jobs please. Donā€™t be discouraged with the red list thingy. Red list is only applicable to agents and not direct employers.

Your wife can apply directly to NHS Trusts and/or care home herself without using any agent. I hope she has done her IELTS and NMC registration ? If yes, let her keep applying vigorously and tailoring her support statement to the job description. She might be lucky to get one soon.

pretty1986:
Good evening My Boss,I really appreciate all your contribution in this wonderful family and may God continue to bless and give you wisdom to direct us.Pls sir I have this idea want to share with you and I want you to tell me if is feasible and advice me how best to apply it.My Wife is a Registered Nurse here in Nigeria,but want to relocate to uk to practice,but due to Nigeria is in Red list, which make it very difficult for Nigeria nurses to get job offer in uk while in Nigeria.Now,she is planning to get admission in a University in uk for Masters degree program in Public health which is a One year course,so that when she enter uk through study route with her NMCUK documents and write her OSEC in order to get UK Pin as a uk Registered Nurse,then she use it to get job in uk as a Nurse while studying.when she then finish her study,she will then switch to 2teir visa and get COS to bring her family.pls sir,what can you advise in this idea .I hope to hear from you Sir.Thanks Justwise.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 12:15am On Oct 02, 2023
justwise:

Paying for COS is illegal, i will not encourage you to waste your money paying for one.

Yes its difficult getting employed directly from Nigeria but its not impossible as some people still get employed directly from Nigeria.

Don't give up applying and if i come across any legitimate link i will drop it here.

Again avoid paying for COS, its a crime.

Thank you.
I pray something works and out for me soon.

I will be checking this thread from time to time.

Hoping for a miracle šŸ™
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2023
harddrive2012:
Nurses from Nigeria are still getting jobs please. Donā€™t be discouraged with the red list thingy. Red list is only applicable to agents and not direct employers.

Your wife can apply directly to NHS Trusts and/or care home herself without using any agent. I hope she has done her IELTS and NMC registration ? If yes, let her keep applying vigorously and tailoring her support statement to the job description. She might be lucky to get one soon.

It seems ielts is compulsory for tier 2 work visa.

I haven't written one yet.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by montecarlo(m): 12:23am On Oct 02, 2023
HELLO HOUSE.

I just passed my driving theory test (45/50; 56/74) and when I tried to book for the practical test, the earliest date I got was 17/02/2024.
My international driver's license will expire on the last day of January 2024.

My questions:
1. Should I go ahead and book? Can I get to see an earlier date later after booking and can I get to change the date to an earlier date if seen?

2. Can I go ahead and book before I get an instructor? Or should I get an instructor first before booking.

NB. I have been driving in Nigeria for 10 years. And 4 months in the UK.

PLEASE ADVISE.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Midex88(m): 1:44am On Oct 02, 2023
Nanorest:

Which location and what was the requirement

Newcastle
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:45am On Oct 02, 2023
montecarlo:
HELLO HOUSE.

I just passed my driving theory test (45/50; 56/74) and when I tried to book for the practical test, the earliest date I got was 17/02/2024.

My questions:
1. Should I go ahead and book? Can I get to see an earlier date later after booking and can I get to change the date to an earlier date if seen?

2. Can I go ahead and book before I get an instructor? Or should I get an instructor first before booking.

PLEASE ADVISE.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
1. Yes. After booking, be checking the site frequently, like every 10 minutes; you will get a date in less than 2 weeks.

2. It depends...do you have a car?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by marylandcakes: 3:05am On Oct 02, 2023
lavida001:

Call his name with your full chest šŸ¤£

Religion is one of Nigerias problem.

Not just Nigerians Africans as a whole , itā€™s a form of mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:14am On Oct 02, 2023
marylandcakes:

Not just Nigerians Africans as a whole , itā€™s a form of mental slavery.

Let's hope African's, eventually emancipate themselves......šŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by marylandcakes: 3:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Taal17:

Do private insurance..check what the plan covers.

Or go to Nigeria but you'd need to have sufficient leave days if there are tests or procedures that need to be done.

Private health insurance doesnā€™t cover gynaecology issues.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by marylandcakes: 4:08am On Oct 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Let's hope African's, eventually emancipate themselves......šŸ˜‚

We wait in hope šŸ™šŸæšŸ¤“
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by montecarlo(m): 4:16am On Oct 02, 2023
Thanks for the swift reply.
I will do as advised.

2. I have a car, which I have been driving here for 4 months now
Viruses:

1. Yes. After booking, be checking the site frequently, like every 10 minutes; you will get a date in less than 2 weeks.

2. It depends...do you have a car?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Vintagee: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2023
Hello all,

Please has anyone recently submitted an application for a dependant child under the tier 2 healthcare visa from inside the UK. I need some clarifications.

For the main applicant and partner dependant,it did not request for any evidence to be uploaded but for the child dependant it is asking for some evidences as seen below. I am thinking maybe I did somethings wrong.

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by julli789(f): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2023
julli789:
Hello everyone, I'm coming to the UK by the end of this week and I need help with accommodation. I'd appreciate a place with close proximity to Manchester because that's where my school is. I don't mind sharing the apartment with guys but I'd prefer an all female household. I'm really desperate because I don't have any friend or relative in that area. Don't ignore me pleasešŸ™
Hello everyone cheesy I'm in the UK now. Thanks to everyone that offered help in one way or the other. While I'm actively searching for job at my end, I'd appreciate any job link in greater ManchesteršŸ™ any type of job pls. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2023
Go ahead and book whichever date, don't worry.
After booking, they use to release new dates every Monday morning by 6am. Though you can still be lucky to see a close date during the week but that will involve you refreshing the page and that can be a lot of work
So you can change your date early Monday morning, just login by 6:00
During mine, I first booked Jan. 2024 and I change it the next Monday morning to just two weeks ahead. I have my license now.
So you can use that style. Cheers.

montecarlo:
HELLO HOUSE.

My questions:

PLEASE ADVISE.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2023
pretty1986:

The red list thing was for agents and not for those applying directly to NHS Trusts, your wife should not give up applying, your plan B is also another good option if the money is there, coming in as a student and write her OSEC that will increase her chances of getting employed.

Though bringing you over as her depedant will depend on the changes to Tier 2 visa to be announced before the end of the year.
So lets wait and see if the changes will include restriction on family bringing in their dependants on Tier 2 visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2023
montecarlo:
I will do as advised.

Go ahead and book the test, you don't need an instructor. I did several times with my car about every two weeks even though the initial rebooking will be like 6 months away, there were always close date to reschedule.

In the meantime, it might be worth getting an instructor for a mock test.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2023
bigtt76:
Tochyno1995 ...see below. Have you also checked that your credit score on Experian is not locked to external checks? Your score looks good though.

Question
a. Is your rent paid by bank transfer directly to the landlord's account? If yes, try setting up a standing order to execute same time every month
b. How is your council tax or utility bills paid? Do you have Direct Debit set up on your account to debit it every month? Direct debits are reported to credit bureaus
c. Look for Contract-SIM from any of the mobile networks (I use Virgin mobile) and port your current line to them, use direct debit to pay for this monthly. To call home you can use cheap call cards available in Tescos or ASDA etc
d. How long have you been on the electoral roll?

Try the following

1. Place the embolden on standing order and use the following to report your rent payment to report the rent payment to credit agencies.
2. Credit Ladder sign up using my referral https://www.creditladder.co.uk/join/4kN2nMj0DmjpABDL),
3. Loqbox (sign up using my link https://www.loqbox.com/en_gb/loqbox-invite?referral_code=SZJ9DXFXHX&referral_channel=link)
4. Sign up for AMEX https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/tEMItOhbvx?XL=MNANS
5. Try not to open too many bank accounts (are your accounts online banks or conventional banks) or close any already opened
6. You should sign up to Experian credit score platform and they have a 30 days trial with which you can use to guide and boost your scores

You can report previous payment as currently is if you make the transfer same time monthly. The apps would pick it up from your bank account.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2023
Ha ....wetin de wrong with these people naau? angry

justwise:

The red list thing was for agents and not for those applying directly to NHS Trusts, your wife should not give up applying, your plan B is also another good option if the money is there, coming in as a student and write her OSEC that will increase her chances of getting employed.

Though bringing you over as her depedant will depend on the changes to Tier 2 visa to be announced before the end of the year.
So lets wait and see if the changes will include restriction on family bringing in their dependants on Tier 2 visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2023
[quote author=Gift7428 post=126122428]Biometrics is only done in London

66 Wilson Street, London,London,United Kingdom,EC2A 2BT

Thanks so much for your response. Can you tell me the closest train station to get to this address please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2023
Someone should please attend to my question;;

1. Does a 2year old born in the UK need international passport to apply for a dependant visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2023
montecarlo:
I will do as advised.

You only have 5 or 6 slots to change dates so be counting. By the 6th time, you either take the test on that day or forfeit your money paid.

Best times to get a new date is between 10am and 6pm. Many people usually cancel.

I changed dates twice, from Jan 2024 to August 22nd eventually.

Well-done
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2023
bigtt76:
Ha ....wetin de wrong with these people naau? angry

Unfortunately the abuse has gone on for too long hence the need to tighten things up. Too little too late but still better than what is going on now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (540) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: iyatrustee(f), Treadway, Solumtoya, hayesconcept(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.